Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

What is happening to the missions in CC ????? Zzzzzz

2»

Comments

• george3 (AU1)george3 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 411
    It takes for ages to get a new mission Zzzzzzzzzzzz, and when it finally arrives I am either alone or we may be 2-3 players in that misson. This has been this way for at least the last 2 rounds of CC. One thing is that it is boring and waisting my time, but the points  is worse. I usually have 70-80 K points for my milk , but when I am alone in the mission I only get around 40 K points for the same amount of milk and the same boosters. Same thing whatever product is in the mission . 

So now I have 2 questions that I would really like an answer to:
    1: Is this way of doing missions the new order in BF ? Or is it due to something that maybe will be fixed soon ?
    2: I guess that the difference in points being alone or not - has to do with the total amount of products put into the mission, is this correct ? Or is there another explanation ??

I've noticed this on the Australian server too, after the last 2 upgrades a lot of players who haven't left altogether have joined non- competitive Co-Ops & don't do many events, the ML on a small server is basically a waste on time
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    I think what we need to remember is when you get a mission with six players, unless multiple players tie for first (which gives fewer points that finishing first by yourself,) five of the players are not going to win the mission. There is a lot of variability as to the capability of players to score, as some will have a lot of specific buildings like fields or stables, and some will use seaweed, and some will have a more all-round farm. So I think it is often misleading to say that many lower level players do not have opportunities to win missions, as there will also be situations where they get missions where they can easily beat everyone else in general.

Now for the whole new system, I am really not sure how this will work as it would need to be implemented in such a way that if a player harvests more towards their score, it adds more reputation points to their score than to anyone else's. Otherwise, why would you bother harvesting if it is going to add more to your opponent's score if they are ahead of you? I haven't thought about it too much, but it would be extremely complicated to set up.

Also, if you ignore coming 1st in the mission, you get a lot more points from harvesting smaller amounts over multiple missions even if you are not winning them. If you are going to be put against players that have a similar ability to you, often you will end up with someone stronger as it's random and sometimes you will end up being the strongest. But the player with the larger farm doesn't always win the mission as well.

Finally, if we split the missions into different level groups, then it may force a longer wait for missions. Unfortunately, I don't think there are enough players doing missions to support this. But I don't even think it should be split based on levels. It should randomly group players into a mission based on their reputation point amounts. Also, it should be fixed so that getting 1st when no one harvests doesn't give you the equivalent of 3rd as the only reason you are getting a lower amount of points is because no one else did anything in the mission.

But you see, these are all things that are basically affecting the mission grouping system excluding finishing 1st by yourself. Implementing the system mentioned earlier means that now instead of getting points based off whatever rank you came and the amount you harvested, it is going to depend on how much everyone else harvested and it kind of becomes a fluctuating mess as to how many points you will get, particularly if the system is not well-designed and gives the players higher up more points than the lower ranks get if the lower ranks harvest additional items. This system at the moment is somewhat simple in general, you get a specific rank and a score and you get a certain number of points for that. That's why I really don't think that the system should change.
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382

I think the solution would be to implement what the game designers originally thought of whereby our RP was based on the total amount harvested by everybody in the mission. That way coming 2nd to someone who harvests 100,000 milk in the first 5 mins would score you more RP than coming 1st with your paltry 2,000 and we would stop complaining about "unfairness",
    Uncle John has this completely correct.  This IS the answer.  Make it a TEAM effort.

Dividing by XP levels definitely won't fix it because XP doesn't make any difference.  How much GOLD you buy is what makes the difference.  I'm a level 400+ and I get beat by players at Level 100 all the time.  People with 6 fields putting up 40,000 or 50,000 wildflowers.  That can't be done without buying lots of GOLD.

But if you WANTED a heavy gold buyer to play in your mission because his huge harvests would make more points for you, even if you came in at 6th place, missions would be a totally different experience.

Now, the problem with making that change is this question: "What's the incentive for the gold buyer to make those huge harvests?"  

If he can't beat the pants off everybody, why would he want to buy lots of gold to make sure he comes in at 1st place?

A couple of thoughts on that...  

First, a whole lot of heavy gold buyers really love to help their teammates.  They spend their gold often because it's good for everybody they're playing with.  You see this inside the co-ops pretty often.  The gold buyers don't cut down their production to the level of their lowest players -- instead they're producing like crazy to help the WHOLE co-op.

The other thought I have is that we could make 2 co-op championships.  One would be competitive and work just like the missions work right now.  The most ruthless, sneaky, dishonest ... and rich ... players would still win.  And get lots of personal points for it.  The other league would be the teamwork league.

We could alternate the 2 different coopchas the way the 2 Dream Worlds alternate.  

If nothing else, a lot of questions would get finally answered --  such as which one do people like most?  And which one sells more gold for BigFarm?

Maybe with those answers something could be figured out that worked for everyone.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    edited 11.03.2021
    I recorded some info on this focusing on pig missions (but the mechanism will be the same on all of them)
    If you are the lowest scoring person, including being the only person in a mission, you earn one point per pig
    If you place higher than last your points are multiplied as follows 1st - x7.5, 2nd - x5, 3rd - x3.7, 4th - x3.1, 5th - x2.6  (these numbers are near approximations)
    The amount harvested by others has no effect at all on your score
    :¬)

This is my post from early on in this thread. All they really need to do is substitute "one sixth of the total harvest" for each players harvest. 1st place would score 7 times as much as last place; moving up past the person above you would significantly increase your score.
    As you say, "missions would be a totally different experience"
  • mutterkjær (SKN1)mutterkjær (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 344
    I am still not happy about the way CC and missions are running. This time I still have very long waiting time to at least get a mission and again I am very often alone in the mission. And I don´t understand why this is so - because my coop-members tells me, that they do not have the same problem. Meaning tha t it has nothing to do with the numbers of players at the server, but might have something to do with my level or RP-ranking. Anyway I feel that I am getting punished for wanting to play the game. 

I would like to have the waiting-time reduced from "up to 5 minutes" to "up to 3 minutes" - if that was the case maybe I could do more than 6 missions inside the range of the activated stackmaster.

I would also like that I am ranked as a 1.place when I actually am nr. 1. As I have said earlier, I am not the one to blame for wanting to do something in the missions. It is either the systems lack of competence to put me in a group for the missions, OR it is a lack of people (which is not the case according to my team-members).

PLEASE, tell the team to look into this mess and come up with something so I don´t feel that I am punished. I don´t deserve that :wink:

• mutterkjær (SKN1)mutterkjær (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 344
    edited 02.05.2021
    More than an hour has passed, I have had 5 missions being alone and a  few where we were 2-3 people. The stackmaster was on, and was usefull because of the 3 jam-missions and one dirt-mission. I was alone on the egg-mission, the milk-mission and the wildflowers. NORMALLY I would have made around 3-400 thousand points for these 3 missions, but now I didn´t bother to fill in very much, because a 3.place will give less than 100 thousand points for all 3 missions together. This is terrible :-((((

• Gut Landluft (DE1)Gut Landluft (DE1) DE1 Posts: 9,612
    on DE1 it depends on the delivery amount in missions

if the waiting time is too long, cut the amount to get missions faster

it seems like the system first puts players together who dump similar amounts

if it doesn't find it, it takes a long time and missions with only 3 or fewer players arise

if the time is too long, it is advisable to level down the missons here
    it takes 20-30 missions to let the system know the new quantity

i think on SKN1 there is nobody who play with your quantities:

- because my coop-members tells me, that they do not have the same problem

• @Gut Landluft (DE1)  you should try playing on AU server where we wait average of 3-4mins per mission
    on DE1 most players play 100 missions in 1 h (I do not belong to it)
    the stacker only manages 20 pages

I don't  want to play on AU :)

the selection criteria for the group in the missions is the delivery volume
    so it happens that level 100 and level 900 are players in the group
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 03.05.2021
    well that is not much difference per hr DE1 100 mission per hour, AU1 20 (more likely to be 15, my best is 10 in an hour..lol) if you are very very lucky and have lots of seaweed/gold to shelve it or stacker on no wonder small servers can't compete in ML
  • george3 (AU1)george3 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 411
    edited 03.05.2021
    well that is not much difference per hr DE1 100 mission per hour, AU1 20 (more likely to be 15, my best is 10 in an hour..lol) if you are very very lucky and have lots of seaweed/gold to shelve it or stacker on no wonder small servers can't compete in ML
    I think they like to call it balance & fairness, as for the MF, it's more of bludge on our server, most of the rewards are fairly useless
    I think they like to call it balance & fairness, as for the MF, it's more of bludge on our server, most of the rewards are fairly useless
    You get really nice themed buildings and multiple gold mystery boxes, so I'm not really sure how the rewards are useless.
    edited 03.05.2021
    @ninjahuman (AU1) nice theme building, what a joke, I have so many themed buildings in storage that can never be built it is not funny and there is no way to use them ( sell/trade).  Themed building are totally worthless to me.

reward choice this time, manor, I have 30+ in storage, co op apple 5 in storage and co op cherry 9 in storage.  Yeah I really need these great rewards....lol
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    @Gut Landluft (DE1)

Nah , its really a matter of server's population

There is way more players on a german server compared to Australian or International server

And its why you will always almost get fast missions :)

But there is pro's and con's to all that , we're on international here, it can be slow at times, but its generally okay

And we have no problem competing , as we usually finish in top 20 of Master League , we're a really hard working team tho :))

• for this reason mainly ALL the ML co ops should play against each other and not on their servers.  
    if you have very high output quantities, you also have to wait a long time for missions at DE1

therefore, many level the missions down, so put small amounts into the missions between the CCs
    edited 03.05.2021
    @Gut Landluft (DE1) I have been doing that for years, does not help on AU1 as we do not have many low level players playing, either.  in total there are only about 70 players on our server that do missions, to be in top 50 on our server ATM you only need to have done 1.5M rp, VERY VERY few player even do missions on our server. and some those in top 50 are multiple accounts, 4 of our top 10 are owned by 1 player

Our co op of 38 members only 5 have more than 1M RP, MOST are less than 100k and our co op will be top 5 in gold league, that shows how few players on AU server that do missions
    Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
  • what you may be finding starting to happen on your server is the number of players doing missions is reducing, therefore making wait times longer.
    top 12 players on DE1:

doesn't it make sense with only 70 active cc players to merge servers?
    edited 03.05.2021
    most definitely yes, or the ML players play in league together. our top 12.  Ours is very close to yours...lol  our top player probably would not even get top 50 your server.
     Note only 2 of top 12 are in Master League.

• Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602

Here what it looks like on International :)

edited 03.05.2021
    my point exactly, interest for CC on our server very little.

This is why I suggest that ML co op compete against each other in mission, at least then the ones on smaller servers that do want to compete in CC can do so, also why there should be an Individual challenge (like CC) with mission with the top 50 from each server competing against each other, for those who really want to do missions.  These are not for me, I HATE CC but if they want players to continue to spend gold, this is my suggestion.
    Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
    @ninjahuman (AU1) nice theme building, what a joke, I have so many themed buildings in storage that can never be built it is not funny and there is no way to use them ( sell/trade).  Themed building are totally worthless to me.

reward choice this time, manor, I have 30+ in storage, co op apple 5 in storage and co op cherry 9 in storage.  Yeah I really need these great rewards....lol
    I understand if you are saying the themed buildings are useless if you already have many of the best type, but for some players they are still collecting them and it is a good reward for them.
  • But it would be easy to make these rewards good again for all, all they have to do is set up a currency exchange so ALL players can actually use them for something else needed.
    But it would be easy to make these rewards good again for all, all they have to do is set up a currency exchange so ALL players can actually use them for something else needed.
    Yes, that would be great if that could happen so then themed buildings that are just staying in the drop box can be used for something constructive if the player has no intention for placing the building. My point was that the rewards that are not useful for some players are still useful for others and those themed buildings are really good for anyone that does not have a large number of them already. But it would be ideal if they allowed us to exchange them for something useful like you said.
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    Why is most missions on your own ? every mission just about this is boring, CC not worth playing !
  • Blossom (SKN1)Blossom (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 564
    More than an hour has passed, I have had 5 missions being alone and a  few where we were 2-3 people. The stackmaster was on, and was usefull because of the 3 jam-missions and one dirt-mission. I was alone on the egg-mission, the milk-mission and the wildflowers. NORMALLY I would have made around 3-400 thousand points for these 3 missions, but now I didn´t bother to fill in very much, because a 3.place will give less than 100 thousand points for all 3 missions together. This is terrible :-((((

Same big problem here :(
  • Blossom (SKN1)Blossom (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 564

Same big problem here :(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file