Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

[Discussion] April Update - The Obsidian Farm

Comments

• BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    My game keeps freezing up and takes ages to go from one farm to the next. I know it is not my pc and it defo is not my internet.
    Please discuss this on an existing thread on same topic or open a new one instead of discussing it on the update OA thread.

Thank you for understanding,
    Bugs Bunny
  • DoomDark (US1)DoomDark (US1) INT1 Posts: 25
    Now to wait for the obsidian offers...lets see..i think 19999 gold for 500 obsidian.

DD
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    If the Obsidian is only coming from the League, at the current pace.......4 or more months with a season pass, and super high performance, just to unlock it.

If this is true, it would be as vile and disgusting a thing as GGS could do.  This update had a lot of promise, and "some"  waiting is okay, but if it is really going to take that long, that is beyond insulting.

• Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    @gavinfarms (US1)

Not sure how you are counting

With Pass , it should take around 2 FL to get 65K obsidians

27.5k if you dont make it to animal lover , 30k if you make it to animal lover

Then i rounded up average extra 1k per event , and there is 12 events

its actually a bit more than 1k per event , but i rounded down , to give us a chance

So that's between 39.5K - 45K obsidian for a FL , that is accounting for an active player that is :)
  • Ferzi (INT1)Ferzi (INT1) INT1 Posts: 167
    edited 01.05.2021
    Although it won't take 4 months to unlock the Obsidian Farm, i still think it's too expensive. I would expect it to be possible during the first League with high effort, but if I'm counting right, it's not possible even for the winner. There is at most 43k from progress and 18k (maybe 19 or 20, I am not sure) from events. That's still 2-4k less then you need for the first research and you would need to win every event to get it.
    It's not very motivating, when you already know you can't do it :-)
    edited 01.05.2021
    @gavinfarms (US1)

its actually a bit more than 1k per event , but i rounded down , to give us a chance

So that's between 39.5K - 45K obsidian for a FL , that is accounting for an active player that is :)

It pays at the same rate as diamonds.  The FL is 42 days (1.5 months) with gap in between.

You are making my point for me.....roughly 4 months.  If it happens in 3 months, which seems like a very big "if".......I still won't be clapping for GGS.

They take everything that they do right, and blow it in the roll out.  The incompetence over there is mind-numbing.

It costs 65,000 Obsidian for the first thing an 500 for the next?  That make zero sense.

I think this update had a lot of promise and then they blew it.  I will applaud them, when they get things right.  That is not this time.
    Post edited by gavinfarms (US1) on
    Although it won't take 4 months to unlock the Obsidian Farm, i still think it's too expensive. I would expect it to be possible during the first League with high effort, but if I'm counting right, it's not possible even for the winner. There is at most 43k from progress and 18k (maybe 19 or 20, I am not sure) from events. That's still 2-4k less then you need for the first research and you would need to win every event to get it.
    It's not very motivating, when you already know you can't do it :-)

You are sort of correct........for the vast majority of players......it will take much, much longer.  I estimate four months for me, and I am a pretty strong player.
  • Maria77 (US1)Maria77 (US1) US1 Posts: 64
    My game keeps freezing up and takes ages to go from one farm to the next. I know it is not my pc and it defo is not my internet.

BugsBunny said:
    Please discuss this on an existing thread on same topic or open a new one instead of discussing it on the update OA thread.

Thank you for understanding,
    Bugs Bunny
    We are all having this issue, maybe bugs Bunny can bring it up to the developers.  If we can't quote slowless and freezing and being booted out because of this update, where else can we post it.
    Even if you would unlock it in say 4 months

I'm pretty sure , they said at some points , that they were giving up on a 4th permanent farm

And today, you now know, that its guaranteed that we'll have one, you just need patience, to open it :)

I estimate myself to open it in 2/2.5 months :p
  • @gavinfarms (US1)

It pays at the same rate as diamonds.  The FL is 42 days (1.5 months) with gap in between.

You are making my point for me.....roughly 4 months.  If it happens in 3 months, which seems like a very big "if".......I still won't be clapping for GGS.

They take everything that they do right, and blow it in the roll out.  The incompetence over there is mind-numbing.

It costs 65,000 Obsidian for the first thing an 500 for the next?  That make zero sense.

I think this update had a lot of promise and then they blew it.  I will applaud them, when they get things right.  That is not this time.

Well, Exxy's already given the numbers, i would say it would take roughly 1 and a half fl's to get 65K of obsidian, and then we have the remaining half to get some obsidian to actually start building the farm, i don't see what's so bad at all :)

Would you rather it costs 50,000 instead of 500? Considering we'll have to spend 45K of diamonds and 65K of obsidian to get the farmhouse to lvl 11, it would be kinda strange if they asked us for another large amount after that :)

While it will take a fair while to unlock and really get the farm going, i think that's how it's made, considering the rewards we can get, they can't just give it to us to be unlocked in a day :)
  • LeMoi (US1)LeMoi (US1) US1 Posts: 20
    Orcas and lizards....what fool thought that was a great pair of creatures to raise? Why not some creatures that would actually be useful to a farmer. The folks at Good Game have lost their collective minds.
    There should be very useful ostriches to raise too. And I like lizards, they are cool. Orcas are endangered so save the planet.
  • LeMoi (US1)LeMoi (US1) US1 Posts: 20
    It is good to see some update for the new farm. However, the nice thing about the flower farm for example was that you could upgrade everything with dollars when your level is high enough. I hope that our progress in the new farm will not be limited by collecting some currency in other events.

The new upgrades are going to put a high demand on the usage of diamonds, so I presume there is going to be some way to get diamonds at a faster rate. Otherwise it is going to take way too long to get any of the new upgrades done as other buildings like the windmill and watermill appear to cost diamonds to upgrade as well.

It also appears that regular stables like the regular cowshed and regular chicken coop can be upgraded to level 10 while themed buildings like tropical cowsheds cannot which doesn't really make sense. There also appears to be some weird text with a word starting with a lower case and then having another word start with a capital letter with no space between each word when you look at those buildings in the build menu.

Thank you, ninjahuman (AU1) , I was about to post a similar comment about all themed stables. A lot of higher level players don't even have regular stables anymore which makes this obsidian upgrades totally useless.
    Similar to the left side tasks that require regular items to count like - "Have 4 cowsheds lvl x", trop or candy cows don't count. IMO the changes should apply to ALL items on farms, not just a select category. If I do an obsidian research I expect ALL stables to be upgradeable to level 10 for example, and not just the regulars.
  • vbillyboy55 (AU1)vbillyboy55 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 214
    Do we have to wait until the end of Farmers League to see what Obsidian points we are allocated?
    If this is the case we will have to wait another month to start the new farm process.
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 02.05.2021
    MOST players will be lucky if they can start obsidian farm in 4 months, MOST will be more like 10-12 months.  IF you waste gold on season pass, on something you don't even know what the output is, good luck to you.  I will not spend gold on something that we don't even know how it works yet.  I expect it will take me 4 months to et enough obsidian to start it.  I will take my time and find out from others what you actually get from having new farm.  Let the gold buyer pay for the info we require.

Next time you go shopping, go buy a parcel, that is totally wrapped without knowing what is in it.  Go on I dare you.  
    Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
    Looks like I will just have to wait ,  I also will not be spending gold on it.

Well, you can get / make a pretty good estimate

As the Obsidian farm, will produce Obsidian SS and Obsidian humus

The only logical option, is that its better stuff , but who knows :)
    I see now ,  you earn the obsidian as you progress through the levels.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    During this time of waiting, I am one who gets into a lot of speculation.  I am wondering if the ostrich eggs are used in recipes.  Some cultures actually use the shell for bowls for instance.  Then comes the Orcas...will the Orcas be used to make special oil?  How about the Dragon Fruit...can we make jam out of that?  The speculation just goes on.  :o:D:p
    @gavinfarms (US1)

Well, Exxy's already given the numbers, i would say it would take roughly 1 and a half fl's to get 65K of obsidian, and then we have the remaining half to get some obsidian to actually start building the farm, i don't see what's so bad at all :)

Would you rather it costs 50,000 instead of 500? Considering we'll have to spend 45K of diamonds and 65K of obsidian to get the farmhouse to lvl 11, it would be kinda strange if they asked us for another large amount after that :)

While it will take a fair while to unlock and really get the farm going, i think that's how it's made, considering the rewards we can get,
    they can't just give it to us to be unlocked in a day :)

Someone is missing the point.  Exxy and I are not average players.

A full FL is 42 days, then a break.  1.5 Leagues is over 2 months.  Again this is for an uber player.

For the vast majority of players, it will be much, much, much longer than 4 months.  Opening the Obsidian Farm and then having things earnable every 2-4 weeks.....would make more sense.  I simply see this as a botched rollout.  This is potentially good content, that got stepped on by a sloppy rollout.
  • MOST players will be lucky if they can start obsidian farm in 4 months, MOST will be more like 10-12 months.  IF you waste gold on season pass, on something you don't even know what the output is, good luck to you.  I will not spend gold on something that we don't even know how it works yet.  I expect it will take me 4 months to et enough obsidian to start it.  I will take my time and find out from others what you actually get from having new farm.  Let the gold buyer pay for the info we require.

Next time you go shopping, go buy a parcel, that is totally wrapped without knowing what is in it.  Go on I dare you.  

@Dark Underworld (AU1)

1st of all, while the obsidians can be seen as extra motivation to buy the season pass, we do still get the extra diamonds and boxes etc that we got from the season pass previously :)

Also, there are "lucky dips" in some stores where you buy small, usually $2-$10 parcels that you don't know what's in them :)

@gavinfarms (US1)

While it will take a fair while to unlock and really get the farm going, i think that's how it's made, considering the rewards we can get,
    they can't just give it to us to be unlocked in a day :)

Someone is missing the point.  Exxy and I are not average players.

A full FL is 42 days, then a break.  1.5 Leagues is over 2 months.  Again this is for an uber player.

For the vast majority of players, it will be much, much, much longer than 4 months.  Opening the Obsidian Farm and then having things earnable every 2-4 weeks.....would make more sense.  I simply see this as a botched rollout.  This is potentially good content, that got stepped on by a sloppy rollout.
    @gavinfarms (US1)

The best get better faster than those that are "worse" at playing than them, everyone has the same chance and the same rules to earn the same amount of items, but at the end of the day, those who play more/smarter and who buy gold or extra advantages in the game will progress faster than those that don't.

I think that it's good to give a challenge to very better players, as well as to set a longer-term goal, similar to unlocking booster badges, to reach for players that generally score a bit lower in events.

And while a lot of the time we wish some events or parts of the game would be made a certain way, sometimes for better or worse, all we can do is give out suggestions and our opinions knowing the probably minimal effect it will have.

• ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    The whole process of unlocking the farm is going to be way too long in my opinion. Having a new farm is a great way to bring more interest in players to play the game, but making it too hard to unlock is going to be counterproductive. Also I hope that buildings will be able to be set up in a timely manner and that collecting some resource is not going to be a huge issue with setting up the farm which wasn't a problem for the other three farms.
  • george3 (AU1)george3 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 411
    something else to sit in the background & ignore for me I think,  My level 8 Farmhouse needs to be level 11 before I can do anything,  level 9 $26 million & takes 45 hours.
    Just a greedy gold grab I think.
    PASS

My Farmhouse is now Level 9, next upgrade is $130 million or 1.3 million gold & will take 83 1/3 hours to do.
    In the words of the great Australian philosopher Darryl Kerrigan said " tell them their dreamin' "
    @george3 (AU1)

You have time to amass that, before you reach 65k obsidian :))

Try working on Pineapple jam if you have the chance , sugar , seeds :))
  • jwllmsjnb (US1)jwllmsjnb (US1) US1 Posts: 409
    I leveled up in FL and didn't get any obsidian. Others didn't either, while most did? Is there something I'm missing?
  • george3 (AU1)george3 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 411
    I got mine on the AU server, only need 64k more
  • Did you claim from rewards?

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    I really think it is a horrible idea to make us buy the additional land expansions on our main farms using obsidian. Why? These land expansions have nothing to do with the Obsidian Farm. Now, once players can open the Obsidian Farm, it is feasible to have us use obsidian to open more land expansions on that farm, but not the main farms/gourmet farms/flower farms.  Please change this please, Thank you.
  • Blossom (SKN1)Blossom (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 564
    HI :)
    I think that it is some fun with new farm and things. As I understand, we can now get more lands, what many of us wish it and thats good. But I think for many of us come be hart to get the 65k obsin - is too much! And with this 65k you only research the first one, uppgradage the main house.
    The game must be possible for all players not just those who buy gold :neutral:
  • Blossom (SKN1)Blossom (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 564
    I really think it is a horrible idea to make us buy the additional land expansions on our main farms using obsidian. Why? These land expansions have nothing to do with the Obsidian Farm. Now, once players can open the Obsidian Farm, it is feasible to have us use obsidian to open more land expansions on that farm, but not the main farms/gourmet farms/flower farms.  Please change this please, Thank you.
    AGREE! 
  • We had quite a discussion in my coop about this. Nobody understands it and the general feeling is that you just don't explain things very well. We can't ALL be stupid so I think you should either make the upgrades less complicated or give a much fuller explanation. As it is we just tend to ignore stuff because we can't figure it out.
Sign In to comment.