Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Thank you, GGS :-)

Bennet Drake (US1)Bennet Drake (US1) US1 Posts: 488
What an incredible offer, GGS, for the catalyzers.
It brings some purpose back to the laboratories and I want to thank you for FINALLY coming through for us.
As a small time player I won't ever get to Lab L100 in my lifetime, but at least I can now exchange all those legendary (and currently useless) catalyzer for those I can actually use to make blue/orange feeds and stuff.
THANK YOU!
Post edited by Bennet Drake (US1) on

Comments

• Blossom (SKN1)Blossom (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 564
    What an incredible offer, GGS, for the catalyzers.
    It bring some purpose back to the laboratories and I want to thank you for FINALLY coming through for us.
    As a small time player I won't ever get to Lab L100 in my lifetime, but at least I can now exchange all those legendary (and currently useless) catalyzer for those I can actually use to make blue/orange feeds and stuff.
    THANK YOU!
    Even this. I will have my lab back! :D
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    except I wish we could trade the ordinary catalyst up for the other ones & not only the better ones for lower ones
    I have a lot of ordinary catalyst that I will never be using

well, maybe there will be another offer that does that some time

Thank you Bennet Drake for posting this!!!  I saw your note here before noticing the offer :)
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I missed this. For those of us who haven't bothered with labs, is there a way to exchange the catalizers for other things as well?
  • I missed this. For those of us who haven't bothered with labs, is there a way to exchange the catalizers for other things as well?
    I saw nothing else in the offer.
    Higher level catalyzer for lower level ones... 1 Legendary catalyzer for 625 Ordinary or 125 Rare was what I used.
    So glad I didn't make rash decisions to just get rid of labs.
    I guess being a patient kinda person sometimes has advantages... lol.
  • Bennet Drake (US1)Bennet Drake (US1) US1 Posts: 488
    edited 15.04.2021
    except I wish we could trade the ordinary catalyst up for the other ones & not only the better ones for lower ones
    I have a lot of ordinary catalyst that I will never be using

well, maybe there will be another offer that does that some time

Thank you Bennet Drake for posting this!!!  I saw your note here before noticing the offer :)
    My pleasure :-)
    I messaged my co-op the minute I saw it... lol... and some other folk I could think of.
    Will try remember your name next time.
    I like being able to make a LOT of special seeds at once... 72 special dandelion seeds in 1 hour is infinitely better than a couple at a time in the nursery, since I now use a lot of special dandies in CC... lol.
    Post edited by Bennet Drake (US1) on
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    The main benefit of this is that you can avoid orchard production costs pretty easily. But it is going to be quite hard to make it worthwhile for the other buildings, since there are still not enough catalysers to make it work with cowsheds and duck coops if you have a lot of those. The investment is also quite expensive, costing over 350m dollars to get the laboratory high enough to produce the necessary premium items.

There is also the issue of relying on this offer to get some of the necessary catalysers. If the offer doesn't come for a while, you can easily run out of premium feed.
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 17.04.2021
    it is just GGS trying to make an ridiculous "upgrade" workable, when it never will be.  The best thing they could have done was put back Lavatory as it was and allow more than 1 per farm.  But as we ALL know GGS will never admit they were totally wrong. 

Have you actually worked out how quick you will go thru your higher cats? 
    360 ordinary cats per hr for most.
    360 rare cats per hr for most

1 legendary runs Lab for approx 1hr 45mins on ordinary and 1 legendary converted to rare lasts a whole 20mins (approx)  Your legendary cats won't last very long at all....lol

I needed 3 labs working flat out just to ALMOST produce enough premium goods.  This won't even keep 1 running for 2 weeks before I run out of cats

Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
  • Well, Ninja and Dark, I do appreciate your input.
    I'm not nowhere near your level of play, so things look a bit more rosy for me.
    So I reckon my 74,000 ordinary and 72,000 rare catalyst will last me a while.
    I just felt that for the average/mediocre player like me, it was a good thing. I'm sorry.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    Since I have worked very hard in leveling my Lab up, I don't want to get rid of the legendary catalysts.  Instead since I have lots of ordinary catalysts I would like to be able to trade them for higher types, for instance:
    2 regulars for 1 rare; 4 regulars for 1 precious; 6 regulars for 1 unique; and 8 regulars for 1 legendary.
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 18.04.2021
    1 Legendary catalyzer for 625 Ordinary or 125 Rare
    so it is more like 625 ordinary for 1 legendary and 125 Rare for 1 legendary otherwise players like me would work out fast how to make profit from it

• ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Well, Ninja and Dark, I do appreciate your input.
    I'm not nowhere near your level of play, so things look a bit more rosy for me.
    So I reckon my 74,000 ordinary and 72,000 rare catalyst will last me a while.
    I just felt that for the average/mediocre player like me, it was a good thing. I'm sorry.
    You don't have to apologise. What you mentioned is a very good idea and it will even be useful for us. I was just mentioning that there will still be some gaps in production and it will take some investment to use. But it is still better than before.
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    Thanks for posting this.  I got an offer today and was able to exchange mine.  This will come in handy for sure.
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Well, its a fantastic offer for sure :)

For me , i'll never make any premium with rare catalysts

Since we can do T3 tokens with them , which are far better than premium stuff

Its definetely a great trade-off :D
  • Gut Landluft (DE1)Gut Landluft (DE1) DE1 Posts: 9,612
    edited 19.04.2021
    downgrading my catalysts?
    never ever

I upgrade my labor insteed to get there level 60-70

rare catalysts I win go in T3 tokens,
    premium stuff I win in events
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    Since I have worked very hard in leveling my Lab up, I don't want to get rid of the legendary catalysts.  Instead since I have lots of ordinary catalysts I would like to be able to trade them for higher types, for instance:
    2 regulars for 1 rare; 4 regulars for 1 precious; 6 regulars for 1 unique; and 8 regulars for 1 legendary.
    My sentiments exactly!  Maybe this can go into the suggestion box?
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Well

@FarmerCli (US1)

If they would add the opposite conversion possible

it would have to be at the very same rates than it is now

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I missed this. For those of us who haven't bothered with labs, is there a way to exchange the catalizers for other things as well?
    I saw nothing else in the offer.
    Higher level catalyzer for lower level ones... 1 Legendary catalyzer for 625 Ordinary or 125 Rare was what I used.
    So glad I didn't make rash decisions to just get rid of labs.
    I guess being a patient kinda person sometimes has advantages... lol.
    Thanks!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file