Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

[Discussion] The NEW Friend Invite System

Comments

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Is this is for April?  Is that all?  A useless feature.

Where is the fix for the Lab?  (Hint: It is not coming.....it was never coming.)
  • I'm saying the truth...
                                      The Game is getting worse with each UPDATE

• Morti (SKN1)Morti (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 485
    I'm saying the truth...

Although I am relatively "new" in the game, I give you absolutely right. Sad  :(
  • Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    The button at the bottom is horrible.  I keep clicking it, when i want the button that used to first.  To leave that button there would be just cruel.
    The tree could have been placed in a better area too!  Must have been a pin the tail on the donkey type thing.
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    These work-arounds we have to do lately are so complicated... even for those that have been around a while... I can't imagine finding this a fun game to begin these days!  I wouldn't know where to start to give my friends a logical tutorial! I wouldn't ever recommend this game to a friend. The only reason I come back is for my tiny little coop friends... we have even met in person. We enjoy each other's company while playing the few events we participate in these days. So much brain power wasted on new things that don't add value to the game, while years of bugs remain unfixed. Sad way to run a company!
  • I'm saying the truth...

Although I am relatively "new" in the game, I give you absolutely right. Sad  :(
    I'm also new to the game. But I know this game very well. It was a good game when I played it in 2018. But the game has got worst with the January Update. However, It's not a matter for us Indian players :D. Some of them only took the Lab update seriously. Still, I love the game :)
  • Barb66 (US1)Barb66 (US1) US1 Posts: 57
    An age-old marketing adage ... it's easier to retain customers than get new ones. The only thing that has been a benefit to me since the lab "upgrade" has been the jam factory (once I got it to max level), Most everything else makes it much harder for me to get XPs. I've been playing for roughly 5 years; level 379. I'm still here because of the virtual friendships I've formed in my co-op. "Friend Tree" --  I won't invite any friends to this game. I did once. I'm spending less real money now than before the lab changes. Just not worth it anymore.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • By the way, I was just kidding.  I am not going to get involved in making imaginary friends, I am way too busy with real life to get into playing more farms.  So for me that "Friendship Tree" is just decoration on my farm. It is a tree that cringes under the cooperative tree.  Due to lack of sunlight such trees usually die out or get sickly. :)

Too bad that "Friendship Tree" was not planted over by where Oleg fishes, then at least he could sit in the shade while fishing and the tree could get watered by the stream. :)
    For me also, the tree will be just a 'decoration'. The Friendship must have been planted in Gourmet Farm instead placing in the Main Farm.
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    Yes, the Friendship program was in the Welcome Center located next to the Airport (no longer used) in the Gourmet Farm area.
  • Blossom (SKN1)Blossom (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 564
    Yes, the Friendship program was in the Welcome Center located next to the Airport (no longer used) in the Gourmet Farm area.
    What happens to my "friendship coins" I got for the Airport? I had not use them and now all gone :(
  • Benicia (AU1)Benicia (AU1) AU1 Posts: 63
    I now have a new ability, I can foretell the future, when I first joint BF it was just before the end of the Airport and inviting friends to earn pennies to purchase goods.
    I have actually had a farmer admit to me about creating 80 baby farms to earn those pennies, not to play them but just to get those pennies. What do you think someone like that is going to do with the chance now of earning much bigger rewards from this very flawed system?
    So I SEE that this is going to be exploited out the wazoo, now I may be a "golder" but I do rate that higher than being a cheater.
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    Just to makes this clear - the system is to invite new players to the game? I keep getting links from other players in my game inbox, they seem to think it is to make friends with existing players.
  • Yes, the Friendship program was in the Welcome Center located next to the Airport (no longer used) in the Gourmet Farm area.
    Yeah I know, Chickadee. 
    I now have a new ability, I can foretell the future, when I first joint BF it was just before the end of the Airport and inviting friends to earn pennies to purchase goods.
    I have actually had a farmer admit to me about creating 80 baby farms to earn those pennies, not to play them but just to get those pennies. What do you think someone like that is going to do with the chance now of earning much bigger rewards from this very flawed system?
    So I SEE that this is going to be exploited out the wazoo, now I may be a "golder" but I do rate that higher than being a cheater.
    We are not allowed to have more than 1 farm per server so I think if anyone does this they will be blocked from the game. 
    Just to makes this clear - the system is to invite new players to the game? I keep getting links from other players in my game inbox, they seem to think it is to make friends with existing players.
    Yes, the system (Friendshipptre) is for invite NEW FARM/PLAYERS no other player who plays this game. If you open the invite links from then you make a new farm at the same server and this means that you got two farms at your server and it is NOT allowed in this game. And if you do this you can be banned from the game.

But I had fina a solution, I know that many want these rewards but it is too hard to find a friend that wants to play this game so I open a discussion there all from all servers can share their links. I mean that we can help each other in others server, as you in be my friend on the Nordic server and I be friend with you on the AU1 server :)
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    We are not allowed to have more than 1 farm per server so I think if anyone does this they will be blocked from the game. 
    What the rules say and what GGS implement are not the same Blossom. There are many, many players with multiple farms on the same server. (As long as you buy gold they probably won't ask any questions and if they do, just tell them the other farms are your kids' or your spouse's or your nephews)
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    edited 12.04.2021
    That's what the rules say, but in reality that doesn't happen. Like with the players that were pranking you. This is probably one of the biggest things that mess up the fairness within the game.
  • In my Indian Server, most of the players have 2 or more accounts. I too got banned once for having 2 accounts.
  • ~sigh~ I have no friends interested in playing Big Farm either....maybe I will need to create imaginary friends!  :o:*
    I hope you are kidding!  You do know that doing so would constitute multifarming which is illegal! 
    What is multifarming? I can't imagine wanting to do it but I'd better know in case I accidentally do it and get banned - or arrested.

• It's pretty useless, but also quite pretty so a nice addition to the farm with no harm done.
  • Gerrin (US1)Gerrin (US1) US1 Posts: 20
    I have asked all my friends that might play and all declined.  I am tapped out they are turned off by having to use funds to buy gold and most don't have great incomes so they do not want to join.  I am out of options.    Sadly one friend said not to send any more requests or they will block and unfriend me.       This is not a good idea.     NO ONE I know be they family of friends want to join and play.  Either too busy, not interested for other reasons, don't like the idea of using real funds to buy Gold and don't have the time or patience to play a Game like this.     
    I have asked all my friends that might play and all declined.  I am tapped out they are turned off by having to use funds to buy gold and most don't have great incomes so they do not want to join.  I am out of options.    Sadly one friend said not to send any more requests or they will block and unfriend me.       This is not a good idea.     NO ONE I know be they family of friends want to join and play.  Either too busy, not interested for other reasons, don't like the idea of using real funds to buy Gold and don't have the time or patience to play a Game like this.     
    Understand you <3 

• ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    If you add your link here like others have done, then for instance if you are in the INT1 server, then someone from the AU1 server may link on your INT1 friend invite and start a new farm in the INT1 server where you are.  But yes, only one farm per server.
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
  • Morti (SKN1)Morti (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 485
    edited 13.04.2021
    Deleted
  • Seems to me this "new friends" invite is a direct result of the mass exodus from the ill conceived Lab "upgrade", I use the word upgrade, but you all know what it really is.
    We all accept that a business needs to make money, or it will perish.
    However games need to be fun to have enough players to support the needs of the company.
    So many unpopular changes are having a negative effect on FUN, which is why we all played in the 1st instance.
    More unpopular changes will result in more players leaving, or just idling along in "Free Mode" in the hope that someone in charge will see the light and make real fixes to the ongoing bugs, and be brave enough to admit when ideas don't work, and actually do something about said issues.
  • Benicia (AU1)Benicia (AU1) AU1 Posts: 63
    Here is my link if anyone wants new friends on other servers
    https://bigfarm.goodgamestudios.com/?ic=72-6WGY-0-AU&w=199947&r=CL&nomobileredirect=true
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    ~sigh~ I have no friends interested in playing Big Farm either....maybe I will need to create imaginary friends!  :o:*
    I hope you are kidding!  You do know that doing so would constitute multifarming which is illegal! 
    What is multifarming? I can't imagine wanting to do it but I'd better know in case I accidentally do it and get banned - or arrested.

:)   MultiFarming is having more than one farm on the same server.

It is against the GGS Terms of Service You risk losing your farms, but not your liberty :D
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
Sign In to comment.