Home EN General Discussions & Questions Tutorials and FAQs

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Tasks for Oleg's Fishing Quest

168»

Comments

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    I have a very basic question. I am on level 8 of fishing using a small minnow hook and a simple line. Each time I catch a fish I loose the small minnow hook and have to buy a new one. Is this because I am holding on into the red or is it part of the game? 
    First there is a bit more to it than just have a rod line reel & hooks - Here's a great place to start

https://crazybigfarm.net/farm/oleg/oleg.htm

Take note of the different tabs across the top to see all the different area/items for the self fishing
  • ogmios (INT1)ogmios (INT1) INT1 Posts: 4
    hello Data King,
    Thanks for the link.
    I understand the fishing mini-game now.
    hello Data King,
    Thanks for the link.
    I understand the fishing mini-game now.
    Glad it helped :)
  • Morti (SKN1)Morti (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 485
    The video on youtube (from CrazyBigFarm) about how to fish looks so easy.
    But I can not pull the fish out of the water, they swim all the way down to the bottom, or even the line jumps.

How do I fix this?
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    But I can not pull the fish out of the water, they swim all the way down to the bottom, or even the line jumps.

How do I fix this?
    Have you tried closing the mini fishing area window to reset it, then open it again?
    edited 08.03.2021

How do I fix this?
    Always be sure your load the game with a fresh empty browser cache & history - this game is a hog on browser memory :(
    When it comes to self fishing - you must learn how to "Play the Fish" - once the fish bites - hold the mouse button down until the fish tries to swim away - then tap the mouse button instead of holding it down - let the fish tire out some then reel him in - with a combination of holding & tapping the mouse button you end up catching more fish as you get use to it. Be sure to keep an eye on the meter top left - never let it get into the Red as that will break the line quicker than any thing!
     Just be sure you have enough hooks with you before you start your self fishing - 1 hook per fish you want to catch plus a few extra's for those that do manage to get away ;)
    Post edited by Data King (US1) on

How do I fix this?
    Always be sure your load the game with a fresh empty browser cache & history - this game is a hog on browser memory :(
    When it comes to self fishing - you must learn how to "Play the Fish" - once the fish bites - hold the mouse button down until the fish tries to swim away - then tap the mouse button instead of holding it down - let the fish tire out some then reel him in - with a combination of holding & tapping the mouse button you end up catching more fish as you get use to it . Just be sure you have enough hooks with you before you start your self fishing - 1 hook per fish you want to catch plus a few extra's for those that do manage to get away ;)
    Thank you, I will try  :)
    I have to donate 80 kg Bluefish but how du I know how many kg. I have. A fish probably weighs more than a kg.

The donate line says I have 6/80...

• RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    The units in your barn are in kgs. 

You have 6kg of bluefish available to donate. 74kg to go.  :(
    edited 08.03.2021
    Enhederne i din stald er i kg. 

Du har 6 kg blåfisk til rådighed til at donere. 74 kg at gå. :(
    Ty
     :( I never get the rest, I can´t fish on my pc....... 
    Line broke or fish is down. The line is red the most time. I am trying to doit  with a combination of holding & tapping the mouse button but no luck. My pc is lakking or freez
    Enhederne i din stald er i kg. 

Du har 6 kg blåfisk til rådighed til at donere. 74 kg at gå. :(
    Ty
     :( I never get the rest, I can´t fish on my pc....... 
    Line broke or fish is down. The line is red the most time. I am trying to doit  with a combination of holding & tapping the mouse button but no luck. My pc is lakking or freez
    Need to also keep an eye on the meter top left - never never let it get into the Red - 99 times out of 100 the line will break if in the Red on the meter.
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    @Morti (SKN1) you can also send Oleg out on a boat to fish for you. When you send him to Seaside, High Seas or Rough Sea, he will catch some bluefish for you, for you donate.
    @Morti (SKN1) you can also send Oleg out on a boat to fish for you. When you send him to Seaside, High Seas or Rough Sea, he will catch some bluefish for you, for you donate.
    Thank you, I did this today....
    I do not understand this fishing  :(

I need to own four trawlers at level 6 to complete the Dockyard tasks but, I can only upgrade the workshop to level 7 when I am at level 90 (and then 8 to buy trawlers, but at what level?)

And is it normal that there are no salmon and swordfish in the fishing areas?
    I am missing two side tasks but, the fish have not been there for three days.....
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    Have you read the tutorial over at the CrazyBigFarm site?  It is very helpful. I wouldn't buy boats as you will be winning them in the Fishing Hardworker Event. Keep your last trawler at level 1 and use that slot to build and demolish the excess. Once your fleet is complete, you can make extra cash that way.
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    First the fishing pools available will vary a lot. fingers crossed you will get the pools you need soon. Patience will get you there eventually.  

Which workshop are you referring too?

First the fishing pools available will vary a lot. fingers crossed you will get the pools you need soon. Patience will get you there eventually.  

Which workshop are you referring too?

That was a bad translation from Google.  ;)
    The shipbuilder's workshop

edited 10.04.2021
    Have you read the tutorial over at the CrazyBigFarm site?  It is very helpful. I wouldn't buy boats as you will be winning them in the Fishing Hardworker Event. Keep your last trawler at level 1 and use that slot to build and demolish the excess. Once your fleet is complete, you can make extra cash that way.
    Yes I have read the tutorial and here in in the forum.
    Winning in FHE requires that I have some fish first that I try to catch but it's not easy when they are not in my fishing areas

And I just found out that all the players below level 120 can't build them. So there is still a long way to go as I am only at level 79
  • I will never be vise about Olegs questions. Can I see somevere what questions I have done and what is left to do. I´m on lewel 163 and my habor is the same that it have been from the beginning. God give me power to fix this.
    BR
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 20.04.2022
    I will never be vise about Olegs questions. Can I see somevere what questions I have done and what is left to do. I´m on lewel 163 and my habor is the same that it have been from the beginning. God give me power to fix this.
    BR
    @StorbondenX (SKN1) Here's a link to the Wiki site with Oleg's task list.  The 26 tasks appear on the left side of your screen with other quests. Most of them appear n the Flower farm, but some on your Main farm.  
    Oleg's task list | Goodgame BigFarm Wiki | Fandom    The site is in German, but easily translated to English.  :)
Sign In to comment.