Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Multiple WWC coins error

Comments

• RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    edited 04.04.2021
    Lord (NL1) said:
    een  vraag hoe kan  het  dat  iemand  met  een  jamfabriek  level  5 onmiddelijk  550  jam  kan produceren. en  er  normaal  maar  110 mogelijk is  met  mijn  level  9
    This is an English language forum.

Please use English in future

Also this thread is about the excess WWC coins
    Please use an appropriate thread or start your own
  • Jashe (INT1)Jashe (INT1) INT1 Posts: 51
    Every time a BUG occurs in this game, the players are the ones who lose out in the end. There was only one instance recently that I remember, a similar situation where extra WWC Coins were doled out, we got to keep them and use them as per each individual's choice. In this instance, GGS should allow the WWC coins to be kept by the players, to be used by them as they see fit. 

We were hit bad when the laboratories were changed and till now nothing has been done to rectify and bring back the labs to what they were earlier on. I know of a lot of players to whom this was the last straw in a long list of GGS's mess up's and they pulled the plug and left the game. They could not stomach what GGS was pushing down our throats. What GGS could have done was to have given each player the choice of having the new labs or retaining the old ones. Even the Jam Factories, I wonder whose brainstorm that was. :) 

I personally think that GGS should take into consideration what we, the players say and couple that with the updates they plan so that both sides are equally benefited. Here, it's like GGS is only thinking of themselves, which in the long run usually backfires on those that went about doing things which benefited only one side of the equation.

WAKE UP GGS.....

• Anmarie (HU1)Anmarie (HU1) HU1 Posts: 55
    There is another option:
    GGS takes the extra coins back, takes back any structures bought with WWCs and rolls back upgrades done with WWCs. It would be more work on GGS part to do this but it is a viable option.
    I presume that would be extremely complicated because:

1. There will be errors in refunding the correct amount unless the buildings are removed and then the missing balance of championship coins is refunded back to the player.

2. There is the issue of refunding the upgrade costs and potential time loss of construction booster use.

3. I am not even sure if they are able to tell which buildings were purchased with championship coins. I know they can track any gold used, but I don't know if it is the same with other resources.

4. It becomes complicated with acrobatic kite upgrades.

So it can work. But it would be extremely complicated and I honestly don't think they would go to all the trouble to sort all of those things out.

Refunding???? NO... they never refund anything, just take away and that's all, if you ask for any refund or compensation, you never hear back to your request, ok.... we might get a seaweed package, but that doesn't compensate to what we lose, but will see what happens, 
  • sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 193
    I think the most pressing question at the moment is *WHY DID THIS HAPPEN?*.  It is neither a new event or an unusual circumstance.  It really does deserve a Please Explain.
  • I think the most pressing question at the moment is *WHY DID THIS HAPPEN?*.  It is neither a new event or an unusual circumstance.  It really does deserve a Please Explain.
    giving explanations is not the strongest point of Good Games Studios, so I am captivated that this will not happen. thinking of the lab debacle
    I would like to know whether we will get back the WWC Coins that we had in our inventory before this Bug hit. I had been saving up and had 7,300 coins, was waiting for it to reach 8,000 and then upgrade my Acrobatic Kite. Now the whole WWC Inventory is missing from the Trade Center.

How come the WWC Coins bug take out my inventory??? GGS / Mods, this needs to be rectified.

• I would like to know whether we will get back the WWC Coins that we had in our inventory before this Bug hit. I had been saving up and had 7,300 coins, was waiting for it to reach 8,000 and then upgrade my Acrobatic Kite. Now the whole WWC Inventory is missing from the Trade Center.

How come the WWC Coins bug take out my inventory??? GGS / Mods, this needs to be rectified.

that tablad will come back, they now want to prevent you from spending them on things like kite upgrade or other buildings
    @jorisvanvlijmen (NL1)

There are other farmers / players for whom their WWC Coins inventory have not been removed, I don't know how a bug can be selective like this, take some out and leave the others intact. Very strange, unless there's a human hand involved in the removals / non-removals of the WWC Coins Inventory.

Anyway, I am waiting for to see whether or not GGS / the Mods or whoever it is, gives back what was there originally. They can keep the extra WWC Coins, doesn't matter to me, what matters is what I had saved up over a period of time and I don't want that wasted because of some bug the GGS Techinical Team did not sort out, this is not the first time that this is happening.
  • @Jashe (INT1) 
    Maybe they stopped the trigger for sending out emails, and perhaps thats why some have there trader tab.
    At the server im at, its gone. but only after some time. I think the balance of coins you got before the error occured will be preserfed.

we will have to wait and see 
  • george3 (AU1)george3 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 411
    Check your Inventory in the bottom menu, then look in Equipment & you'll see how many WWC coins you have, my trader shut down not long after the stuff up, you can still upgrade your kite by clicking on it
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 05.04.2021
    @Jashe (INT1) and @jorisvanvlijmen (NL1)   they have not been taken away, they are still in your inventory and if you have enough you can still upgrade kite.  You don't need the tab to upgrade kite or efficient olive.

To upgrade kite:

Left Click Kite, then click the tool to upgrade, this way you can spend them in case GGS does remove them.

• @Jashe (INT1) and @jorisvanvlijmen (NL1)   they have not been taken away, they are still in your inventory and if you have enough you can still upgrade kite.  You don't need the tab to upgrade kite or efficient olive.

To upgrade kite:

Left Click Kite, then click the tool to upgrade, this way you can spend them in case GGS does remove them.

I know, i was just speaking about that tba was taken away. :-)
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    I expect the Team can discern what each player had in inventory prior and what the kite level was prior to the WWC coins payout. Just saying...so you don't get surprised when they come back from holiday. 
    Hi Folks,

It's a huge relief to know that the WWC Coins are there. Thanks for all the head-ups. I found them.

Question: Can I use the coins I have to upgrade my Acrobatic Kite, even though I did not have enough earlier to the bug? and if I do, will I be penalized for using the extra coins that come in through the bug.

Thanks
  • Blossom (SKN1)Blossom (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 564
    Hi Folks,

It's a huge relief to know that the WWC Coins are there. Thanks for all the head-ups. I found them.

Question: Can I use the coins I have to upgrade my Acrobatic Kite, even though I did not have enough earlier to the bug? and if I do, will I be penalized for using the extra coins that come in through the bug.

Thanks
    No, do not use them, you may be banned from the game.
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 06.04.2021
    they will have to ban a lot of players as many have used them.  I can't see them banning players for THEIR error.  I used ALL mine.  There is nothing in rules about using rewards that have been given to you.  Mine was way more than 28k, I spent mine even before it was mentioned on forum.

BTW they have been at work now for 3hrs and no info on what is going to happen....lol
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    No worries, answers will soon be coming.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    Guess this is not getting resolved today :(
  • walle (INT1)walle (INT1) INT1 Posts: 420
    edited 06.04.2021
    I have a idea they not need to remove coins but for next time will not need to credited for a 4 weeks next WWC, i know much player do not agree with me maybe, example  for a WWC i can win 4-5K coins. This will was good, i think. 

@RosyStarling
  • @GREENPANDA (INT1), that may be the simplest idea, just deduct the mistaken extra coins from everyone's inventory. Those who spent all the coins will have a negative number in their inventory and future coin winnings would reduce the negative number until eventually everyone would have positive numbers of coins again. I am sure this would upset a lot of players but it was their choice to spend them. The vast majority of players knew a mistake had been made and that is why they hurried to spend the extra coins. The only way I can see a resolution that does not create unhappy players is letting us keep them like last time and with the lab still bothering so many, the last thing this game needs is more unhappy players. The big question is how did this mistake happen again? It is a very messy situation and one none of us players asked for or played a part in creating.
  • walle (INT1)walle (INT1) INT1 Posts: 420
    @GREENPANDA (INT1), that may be the simplest idea, just deduct the mistaken extra coins from everyone's inventory. Those who spent all the coins will have a negative number in their inventory and future coin winnings would reduce the negative number until eventually everyone would have positive numbers of coins again. I am sure this would upset a lot of players but it was their choice to spend them. The vast majority of players knew a mistake had been made and that is why they hurried to spend the extra coins. The only way I can see a resolution that does not create unhappy players is letting us keep them like last time and with the lab still bothering so many, the last thing this game needs is more unhappy players. The big question is how did this mistake happen again? It is a very messy situation and one none of us players asked for or played a part in creating.
    Also is great idea 
  • they will have to ban a lot of players as many have used them.  I can't see them banning players for THEIR error.  I used ALL mine.  There is nothing in rules about using rewards that have been given to you.  Mine was way more than 28k, I spent mine even before it was mentioned on forum.

BTW they have been at work now for 3hrs and no info on what is going to happen....lol
    If you exploit a bug, a.k.a. "THEIR error", you are subject to a possible ban. The only issue that would muddy the idea that it was a bug would be that they left WWC coins be one other time that the game glitched and coins were left in player accounts.

It may not be popular, but this is what I think should happen. Anyone who exploits the error and has read this thread should get some time off, double for those posting and suggesting how excess coins could still be used.

Disclosure: I am still bitter about having a week off from the issues in December of 2017. I didn't do anything abnormal and they had all the farm dollars to take back. I have no problem with them taking a good long time to research and figure out who actual exploiters are and take action against them.
  • Set (US1)Set (US1) US1 Posts: 45
    If someone were to leave $1000 on your porch and a day or 2 later tell you its a gift you have no ability to return THEN do it again a short while later but this time a little bit more, how long do you wait? Go ahead, ban me...you would be doing me a favor. 

For the US server its not like it wasn't earned...when WWC 1st came out the US server crushed it then they manipulated the scorekeeping once and again until they got the standings they wanted. In my opinion they have been stealing from us. It didn't matter to me until coop champs started competing against all servers. Now seeing several German coops in masters league they are either spending a S-load more or were given an unfair-out of balance advantage over the past couple years in WWC. 

Without revolving top placements the balance of the game sways. Whether it be server based or coop based. 
  • AngelAcuteAngle (US1)AngelAcuteAngle (US1) US1 Posts: 76
    edited 07.04.2021
    @GREENPANDA (INT1), that may be the simplest idea, just deduct the mistaken extra coins from everyone's inventory. Those who spent all the coins will have a negative number in their inventory and future coin winnings would reduce the negative number until eventually everyone would have positive numbers of coins again. I am sure this would upset a lot of players but it was their choice to spend them. The vast majority of players knew a mistake had been made and that is why they hurried to spend the extra coins. The only way I can see a resolution that does not create unhappy players is letting us keep them like last time and with the lab still bothering so many, the last thing this game needs is more unhappy players. The big question is how did this mistake happen again? It is a very messy situation and one none of us players asked for or played a part in creating.
    Also is great idea 
    I don't like this negative WWC number in inventory idea at all because it gives an unfair advantage to those who spent the coins. They will have upgraded kites, lots more cows and ducks and whatever else they can or did buy. They will then use all this stuff they bought in competition against people like me (who did not spend the coins because it was an error and I wanted to see what GGS had to say about it). So they can score higher in the CCs and the VF and make more money off of what they harvest.

Those folks who spent the WWC coins would have this massive advantage for many months. At least 6 months and in some cases 12 months or more.

This is just not a good solution and I hope they do not even consider it.

No disrespect intended Greenpanda or farmer joe77. I can't tell who's actual idea it was.
  • @AngelAngel9 (US1), yes it is a messy situation. Would you rather they roll the server back and have the last 5 days of the game disappear? To think that everyone's hours playing this game the last 5 days would be wasted would be horrible and unthinkable. People cannot play the game wondering if something will happen that will make their game play be erased later. If you thought everyone was upset about the lab, this might pale in comparison. I thought Panda's idea was an interesting one, thinking outside the box a little. The only solution I can think of that is fair  to almost everyone is let everyone keep the coins and make sure this never happens again. Bigger farms still will pull further ahead of smaller farms by getting their higher coin levels multiplied which is another type of unfair advantage like the one you pointed out. Is there really a fair solution at all to resolve this situation? I would love to hear the ideal solution but I do not think there is one By the way, I did not spend my coins though I certainly thought about upgrading my kite and at the moment I am being penalized like you by playing against players who did use their coins while I waited to see what would happen. I really do not blame players for spending their coins either as they were given to us all presumably to spend.
  • hamsters1 (GB1)hamsters1 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 22
    They appear to be doubling down on the error as they have just paid out a few more of the blighters.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526

I presume the situation isn't going to be fixed any time soon ...
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    They are aware

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file