Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Jan Update - The New Year Update [Discussion]

Comments

• Why bother harvesting and producing if I'm forced to sell product at a loss. Labs sitting empty after spending so so so much money to upgrade for special feed/fertilizer/humus. Stopped playing AU farm, US farm not fun at all. There is no incentive to play if you see little reward.  What will GGS do next?  I'm kind of afraid to invest my time/money because it looks like they're creating a whole new game to get rid of long time players. 
  • 24K Mayhem (US1)24K Mayhem (US1) US1 Posts: 494
    edited 10.03.2021
    Many, including myself, already paid for the lab upgrade to make premium feed & fert, only to have GGS take it away a product that was already paid for. Now we have pay for it again? Not good customer relations there GGS. I like that I can make more superseed for different seeds but I do NOT want to use the "in high demand" catalyzers to make my premium feed when there is so little to be obtained. If we want more, we can buy it with gold~ Hades hasn't frozen over yet~ and I will NOT buy any catalyzers with gold.  We all had a routine, regular cow feed to make premium feed, same for ducks , and orchards. It was a system that worked, for everyone, so why change it? It infuriates me that so many farmers are quitting the game and so many more will be doing the same soon, but GGS either isn't listening or simply our input is of little importance. If there are so many that are unhappy, shouldn't you do something GGS?
    Clearly, Tom Petty's song "I won't back down" comes to mind because right is right. Please fix the lab! Thank you.
  • ALZAKAR (IT1)ALZAKAR (IT1) IT1 Posts: 998
    HELLO, but how did the catalyst story end then? I would like some mods to respond for the GGS as well
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    edited 16.03.2021
    @ALZAKAR (IT1)   I'm not sure what you are asking

Catalysts are more available now

There has not yet been changes to the laboratory

The current GGS response to the lab changes is HERE
  • Jasist2 (INT1)Jasist2 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 140

Catalysts are more available now

No they are not. I did not see any changes to the catalyst rewards since the January update. 
  • Jasist2 (INT1)Jasist2 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 140
    I know it's there, but I am not seeing it. I keep track of the catalyst rewards HERE
    I've made enquiries

You should be seeing the extra catalysts from most of the events

The extra catalysts from the Fishing Hardworker Event won't be seen until the next run.
  • AUDRALYNN (US1)AUDRALYNN (US1) US1 Posts: 14
    wow, finally found out what happened to the feed....here i'v been worried my cows were gonna die...I was gone from the game for a few months just got back on...now wondering if i should have stayed gone
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 19.03.2021
    I am a bit slow, I am not sure if this has been said yet, but with the lavatory now not being able to make premium stuff anymore also means that the booster tokens only last half as long and norm feeds and fert etc have twice as much chance of breakage, which means the dairy contracts are worth half as much.   NOTE if using booster tokens save your premium feeds as much as you can, so best use of catalyst is for premium duck/cow feed and premium ferts for cherries and peaches.  DON'T waste limited cats on premium goat, donkey, chook and pig feed
  • I am a bit slow, I am not sure if this has been said yet, but with the lavatory now not being able to make premium stuff anymore also means that the booster tokens only last half as long and norm feeds and fert etc have twice as much chance of breakage, which means the dairy contracts are worth half as much.   NOTE if using booster tokens save your premium feeds as much as you can, so best use of catalyst is for premium duck/cow feed and premium ferts for cherries and peaches.  DON'T waste limited cats on premium goat, donkey, chook and pig feed

That is a problem i encountered, i do find one benefit one the revamped lab are the Q3 (quality 3) wf booster tokens, which makes up for the increased breakage (for wf tokens), gives more space for other tokens (as before i needed 4 peaches for wf tokens and now only need 2) and gives me a way to produce wf booster tokens in general, as i was running out before :)
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 21.03.2021
    but then you are using the very short supply of cats that we need to make premium feed/ferts for 1 booster token that will break quick.   Def not worth it to me.

1 w/f booster token level 3 take 150 cats, I can make 65 premium cow feed for that (enough to feed 13 cows with water tower fully upgraded).  No way 1 booster is worth 65 premium cow feed  IMHO
    Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
  • I haven't played since the premium feeds have been taken away.  I try to play, but I can't.  I just can't.
  • but then you are using the very short supply of cats that we need to make premium feed/ferts for 1 booster token that will break quick.   Def not worth it to me.

1 w/f booster token level 3 take 150 cats, I can make 65 premium cow feed for that (enough to feed 13 cows with water tower fully upgraded).  No way 1 booster is worth 6.5 premium cow feed  IMHO

True, but it's hard to say.

The way i play the game combined with the number of cows i have means that i make some cow feed when i need too but i'm definitely not struggling to feed my animals like you seem to be, though you are trying to use premium i understand :(

And, maybe it's because of our different play styles but the Q3 wf token is very helpful to me with the hwe/chwe/vf and to a lesser extent the cc :)
  • mutterkjær (SKN1)mutterkjær (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 344
    Cannot follow you guys in the discussion, though I am sure I could learn something. 

I want to know whether GGS has plans to change the lab OR NOT. If NOT, how are they going to make sure that we can earn enough cats to have a every day life on the farm ?? As it is, we can "winn" about 60-70 rare catalysts pr/invent . However it takes around 350 cats to just produce 150 premium fert. 

Dear Moderators, I know you are doing a wonderfull job, but for the time being we really need you to ALSO drag a CM or whatewer they are called to the board, to explain the plans . PLEASE

One way of knowing that something is totally wrong in the game, is to look at the CC and see how many players have left, dont want to play or dont want to use any gold to get better results. Everything in the CC suck´s as you know I have mentioned in another thread.
  • @mutterkjær (SKN1) there are no plans on changing lab they are totally useless now, mine have sat idle ever since update, I will eventually get around to destroying 2 of them
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    @mutterkjær (SKN1) there are no plans on changing lab they are totally useless now, mine have sat idle ever since update, I will eventually get around to destroying 2 of them
    I am in exactly the same boat. They have sat idle, but I haven't destroyed the 2 lesser ones yet .... I guess I'm still holding our for a change, in hope, even though I mostly believe it will not come. For some reason, I just can't yet bring myself to destroy what I spent so much on to build.
  • george3 (AU1)george3 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 411
    edited 23.03.2021
    @mutterkjær (SKN1) there are no plans on changing lab they are totally useless now, mine have sat idle ever since update, I will eventually get around to destroying 2 of them
    I think Hell will freeze over before GGS fix's this massive stuff up, it's sitting in the "too hard basket"

The Jam Factory is the biggest joke of all, chery jam in missions is near impossible, with 4 cherry orchards & still will never have cherries enough to do more to 3 runs using gold,

The need for Jam in the bottom slots for the boat is just as insulting
    Post edited by george3 (AU1) on
    Interesting to note, is there any reason why the Jan update/ New Years Update post has been removed from "official announcements".
    Went to have a look again & it's gone 
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Its simple

Because the actual update discussion is March one

You can still find it easily , as people are still active in it

Its simple

Because the actual update discussion is March one

You can still find it easily , as people are still active in it

This discussion page is the Jan update, I don't have the official announcement

I see it just fine, its in the Discussion Corner :)

Unless you mean something else?
    @Exxy (INT1) yes, the discussion for the January update is still in the discussions area, but the actual January announcement is no longer showing in the announcements area

Gotcha

Got what you mean, true, its a bit strange :)
    edited 22.03.2021

It IS unpinned. It was unpinned when Feb's came out. Ditto Feb's was unpinned when March's came out.

But it it is still there.

Looking at your screenshots I can see that you guys can't see it, but have no idea what is wrong

The link in the Opening Post  still takes me  to it
    Does it for you?
    Post edited by RosyStarling on

It IS unpinned. It was unpinned when Feb's came out. Ditto Feb's was unpinned when March's came out.

But it it is still there.

Looking at your screenshots I can see that you guys can't see it, but have no idea what is wrong

The link in the Opening Post  still takes me  to it
    Does it for you?
    Yes, just tried again & now I can see it again Tnx Rosy
    It is showing up again now on the official announcements page as well. Just another magic disappear/reappear trick  :)
  • domino666 (INT1)domino666 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 79
    getting xp will slow down severely without the blue stuff
    since they are selling grow bundles, it is ment to slow down, pay $50 and get gold every time u reach a certain level, it will take years before u gathered all the gold from it
    storage for blue feed was unlimited, ordinary feed storage is limited, so those who purchased barns with gold, they want them to level them up with more gold, and aspecially those who didn't purchase them, they hope ,this way lots of people will buy gold blue barns now
    maybe they wanne get rid off the older long time players, cause they might tell newbies what not to buy, except for 1 or 2 exxx ceptions of course, lol
    just telling what my yeyes can see and my brain is processing
    have to say, i'm poor, stupid and ugly, so i can be wrong of course :wink:
    Well, it depends

Xp always been slow ! :)

I bought the growth bundle at level 470

My first gold reward is level 520 ( Its definetely gonna take a while )

Last gold reward is level 670 ( I might get there in 2-3 years ) ha ha

I managed to do 20M xp last week , with lab level 90 , you can combine field xp 500 , and shorter time on fields, to grind decent xp with fields, if u have a lot ( i curently have only 46 fields )
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    I want to know whether GGS has plans to change the lab OR NOT. If NOT, how are they going to make sure that we can earn enough cats to have a every day life on the farm ?? As it is, we can "winn" about 60-70 rare catalysts pr/invent . However it takes around 350 cats to just produce 150 premium fert. 

Dear Moderators, I know you are doing a wonderfull job, but for the time being we really need you to ALSO drag a CM or whatewer they are called to the board, to explain the plans . PLEASE

One way of knowing that something is totally wrong in the game, is to look at the CC and see how many players have left, dont want to play or dont want to use any gold to get better results. Everything in the CC suck´s as you know I have mentioned in another thread.
    Clearly they are just going to wait until all us complainers just leave, and new players won't know what they are missing.
    If that's the plan it's working.

I would log into my THREE big farms twice a day at least.  I'd spend hours playing the CC.  Often times spending a little bit of gold to push stuff quicker.   But since the lab change?   There is NO WAY.  The fun is GONE.   All three of my farms now have been basically sitting idol.  If I log in at all, it's weekly or lately every OTHER week, I might harvest the flower farm, fill what ever contracts I can, and that's about it.  And honest, I haven't missed this.   I feel SO robbed after spending countless hours working to upgrade my labs to produce FEED.   I could not possibly care less about catalists.  Or jam, or more junk to add to the boat.  IN fact I don't care about the boat anymore since they ruined the whole horse thing. 

I took my US farm out of a coop.  That one basically is just sitting there using up server space. 
    My other two are my own coops.  And for BOTH players have all agreed to STOP participating in any competitive events.  We took gold in my UK coop several times.  No more.   Everyone just plays their own farm at their own speed now.   NO  MORE GOLD SUCKING EVENT PARTICIPATION ANYMORE! 

Yup, I'm convinced management for this game really blundered and continues to ignore players who have stuck with this for YEARS!    How STUPID!!!!!!! Sorry, I can't say what I really think, stupid is pretty mild. 

So... it looks like they are just going to keep right on ignoring everyone.
    Guess I'll let my farms sit another few weeks.    TONS of other games and things to do online.  Any time a business stops caring about it's customers, they will lose customers.   So again, they are just being stupid.

PUT OUR LAB BACK THE WAY IT WAS!   Maybe add your catalysts things to the END..... upgrade what we had more to unlock those.   THAT would have made more sense.    Taking away what we worked hard for, and built our entire farms around (premium feed) well.... bait and switch.   Dumb dumb dee dumb de dumb.
Sign In to comment.