Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

What is happening to the missions in CC ????? Zzzzzz

It takes for ages to get a new mission Zzzzzzzzzzzz, and when it finally arrives I am either alone or we may be 2-3 players in that misson. This has been this way for at least the last 2 rounds of CC. One thing is that it is boring and waisting my time, but the points  is worse. I usually have 70-80 K points for my milk , but when I am alone in the mission I only get around 40 K points for the same amount of milk and the same boosters. Same thing whatever product is in the mission . 

So now I have 2 questions that I would really like an answer to:
1: Is this way of doing missions the new order in BF ? Or is it due to something that maybe will be fixed soon ?
2: I guess that the difference in points being alone or not - has to do with the total amount of products put into the mission, is this correct ? Or is there another explanation ??

Comments

• ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    The system searches for players on your server who want to participate in missions.  Sometimes in the hours when many are asleep, the system takes much longer to find adequate number of players for a mission.  It has nothing to do with the amount of products put into a mission.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    2: I guess that the difference in points being alone or not - has to do with the total amount of products put into the mission, is this correct ? Or is there another explanation ??

If no one else harvests anything, the game treats your score as if you came 3rd in the mission. I don't really agree that it should work that way, but unfortunately that is how it works. However, if anyone meets the minimum harvesting amount, it will treat the score as being in 1st.
  • mutterkjær (SKN1)mutterkjær (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 344
    The system searches for players on your server who want to participate in missions.  Sometimes in the hours when many are asleep, the system takes much longer to find adequate number of players for a mission.  It has nothing to do with the amount of products put into a mission.
    I do understand that , BUT I am not only playing during those hours, I play all day long, and the system had been this way for 2 set of games now, no matter the hour I play.

If no one else harvests anything, the game treats your score as if you came 3rd in the mission. I don't really agree that it should work that way, but unfortunately that is how it works. However, if anyone meets the minimum harvesting amount, it will treat the score as being in 1st. 

Well you might be right, BUT I do meet the minimum harvesting amount all the time :-(:smile:

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    I recorded some info on this focusing on pig missions (but the mechanism will be the same on all of them)
    If you are the lowest scoring person, including being the only person in a mission, you earn one point per pig
    If you place higher than last your points are multiplied as follows 1st - x7.5, 2nd - x5, 3rd - x3.7, 4th - x3.1, 5th - x2.6  (these numbers are near approximations)
    The amount harvested by others has no effect at all on your score
    :¬)

• Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    I recorded some info on this focusing on pig missions (but the mechanism will be the same on all of them)
    If you are the lowest scoring person, including being the only person in a mission, you earn one point per pig
    If you place higher than last your points are multiplied as follows 1st - x7.5, 2nd - x5, 3rd - x3.7, 4th - x3.1, 5th - x2.6  (these numbers are near approximations)

My own system if I were to design one, would be to total all the pigs (or whatever the harvest is) for everyone, multiply it by a number to scale it to a fair number of points, and then divide it by the position you came in. Therefore all harvests help you.

I had milk with 1 more player , got the amount up from normally 30K milk to 40K milk - that made a difference :-))
    Thanks.
    I do understand that , BUT I am not only playing during those hours, I play all day long, and the system had been this way for 2 set of games now, no matter the hour I play.
    Do we agree that from 19.30 to 21.00 is prime time ??
    Well can tell then that I have done 5 missions - 2 with 2 players and 2 with 3 players, next on also only have 3 players. So where are all the other players that used to be around ??  

Now I can tell, that just being 2 people in the mission gives you the expected amount of points , at least satisfying amount. So what you say ninjahuman about being the only one and therefore nr. 3 is absolutely NOT OKAY. I am not the guilty one in being alone - so this needs to be changed.
    So now this whole evening in prime time has gone - I have been waiting and I have done the 2-players missions all evening. I think maybe somebody in GGS have to look at what is going wrong - this is absolutely NOT NORMAL. I know from my own coop that the motivation to play has dropped seriously due to the changes of the lab, and the fact that we are not getting any info on what the intensions are there. Maybe something else, I dont know, but things are out of hand.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    mutterkjær (SKN1) said:

Well you might be right, BUT I do meet the minimum harvesting amount all the time :-(:smile:
    Sorry, I should have said that if at least two players reach the minimum harvesting amount (for example, for milk it's 20 milk) then getting 1st is treated as finishing in 1st place. But if you are the only player that reaches that amount, then it is treated as finishing in 3rd place.

Unfortunately not much can be done about it until GGS fixes the issue. Sometimes I go through some periods like this, but in general someone usually harvests something although I probably get paired with players that get higher reputation scores in general.
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    This is the problem that existed WAAAAAY back -- not enough players to satisfy the people who like playing missions.

Fact is, the vast majority of Big Farmers do not like missions and only play them when forced to.

Big Farm spent quite a bit of time trying to get people to play missions before they finally came up with the Co-operative Championships.  First it was the daily tasks:  Play a mission, get a prize.  Then it was the tractors:  Tractors will help your farming, but you can only get and activate them with certificates -- which you can only earn in missions.  That one worked a little better but still didn't get enough players to match up missions for the people who like to play missions.

Finally came up with the Coopchas --  If you don't play missions, you're letting down all your teammates.  (Shame on you!)  This has (obviously) worked quite well since coopchas are still here after years and years and have increased from 1 every two weeks or so, to once every week, despite so many players begging for a reduction in the number of coopchas.  (BigFarms response to that plea was to increase the number.)

It was kind of funny, actually.  The first CC had something like 4,000 co-ops on the US server participating.  The 2nd CC had only about 2600 co-ops participating.  When you think that it only takes ONE player from a co-op to count that co-op as participating, it tells you how unpopular missions, and the coopchas, were and are.  BigFarm stopped publishing that statistic pretty quickly -- by about the 4th coopcha, if I remember right.

Truth is that people now are finally just getting burned out.  So much stuff going on ALL the time, so many ranking events where you're almost obligated to play, no relief from the coopchas, more and more players are deciding to heck with events, just build and run my farm.

Interestingly, there's something similar going on with these Jam factories.  Don't know what the ulterior motive is, but BigFarm is sure working hard to force people to use those factories.  Have you noticed how many of your missions are Jam missions?  And how relatively few Milk, Egg & Wildflower missions there are now?  And virtually every Barnacle appearance asks for Jam.  Maybe they're hoping to get all the heavy gold buyers to have to completely revamp their farms from all the Viking cows & ducks. (Of course buying gold to do so quickly enough to stay competitive.)  

Now, of course, we're beholden to the heavy gold buyers because they're paying for this game that the rest of us play for free (or at least close to free.)  But GGS should realize that the free players are very valuable as well.  We are the fodder on which the heavy gold buyers feed.  Without enough free players, you can't fill missions in a short enough period of time, for example.  They should focus more on just providing a fun game to play, listen to their free players' desires and suggestions more, and concentrate less on the amount of gold they hope to sell.
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    Well can tell then that I have done 5 missions - 2 with 2 players and 2 with 3 players, next on also only have 3 players. So where are all the other players that used to be around ??  
    Which time zone are you talking about?

Most of the servers our forum covers are European, but Australia, New Zealand etc too.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was busy one server or another 24 hours a day.

• DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    I haven't played a mission in many, many months. Many people are leaving the game, or just plodding along at a much slower pace.  Too much has gone wrong lately and many are on the verge of leaving now. I find it hard to muster up the energy to do what I used to find enjoyable. I can't imagine even getting excited about this game as a new player.  You wouldn't know all the tricks to get around the many bugs that frustrate us daily.
  • Blossom (SKN1)Blossom (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 564
    LOL 3 days alone!
    For 3 full days, I am completely alone in my missions! No one in them. For the first time, I tough that it just happened to be like that but, an after one I got alone and in 3 days  :# I asked som if it same for them and they answer not. 
    I remember that one of the biggest players here in skn had the same problem but not me and the other players. What it depends on what I can do so I not happen again? :(
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    Sadly not much you can do.... it is random so you get what you get :(  Hopefully you will get some friends in there!!! good luck
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    edited 10.03.2021
    I for one have not bothered to participate in the mission's due to higher level's adding so ridiculous a amount in them that lower level's have no chance anyway, so again why bother, each section of level player's should have their own mission section I think, but of course they only like to stick Us all together in one spot so lower level's will never stand a chance in them.
    @Blossom (SKN1) there was no need to start a second a thread on the same topic so I have merged yours with the one already talking about the slow matching in Missions
    I for one have not bothered to participate in the mission's due to higher level's adding so ridiculous a amount in them that lower level's have no chance anyway, so again why bother, each section of level player's should have their own mission section I think, but of course they only like to stick Us all together in one spot so lower level's will never stand a chance in them.
    I think that the missions could be dividing players into levels 1-90, 100- 200, 200-400, and 400+ in missions because the who was in level 50 can never be in place1 with players in lvl 200. :)
    edited 10.03.2021
    I think that the missions could be dividing players into levels 1-90, 100- 200, 200-400, and 400+ in missions because the who was in level 50 can never be in place1 with players in lvl 200. :)
    It used to be like this but resulted in many more single player missions because there were no other players at the same level looking for a mission within 5 minutes. Even now, it does try to put us with players of a similar level but if there aren't enough it sticks us with whoever there is. The problem is much worse of course on the smaller servers which sadly includes SKN1 
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    My thought's Exactly, Thank you Blossom ( SKN1 ) , :)
    It used to be like this but resulted in many more single player missions because there were no other players at the same level looking for a mission within 5 minutes. Even now, it does try to put us with players of a similar level but if there aren't enough it sticks us with whoever there is. The problem is much worse of course on the smaller servers which sadly includes SKN1 
    Yes, I had thought about it and it is the problem with this idea. I do not know how to fix this problem, but I think that all things have a solution  ;)

My thought's Exactly, Thank you Blossom ( SKN1 ) , :)
    @"Blue Denim (US1) You are welcome <3
    edited 10.03.2021
    As Uncle John said we were divided by level before.

It does try  to find levels close to you to start with and then spreads its net wider to try to get a full mission until it the 5  minutes  is up and then it has to go with what it has found

If it reverted to by level only again it would take even longer with even fewer per Mission

Overall I don't that is what most people want

I think the solution would be to implement what the game designers originally thought of whereby our RP was based on the total amount harvested by everybody in the mission. That way coming 2nd to someone who harvests 100,000 milk in the first 5 mins would score you more RP than coming 1st with your paltry 2,000 and we would stop complaining about "unfairness",
    I think the solution would be to implement what the game designers originally thought of whereby our RP was based on the total amount harvested by everybody in the mission. That way coming 2nd to someone who harvests 100,000 milk in the first 5 mins would score you more RP than coming 1st with your paltry 2,000 and we would stop complaining about "unfairness",
    This is the way I thought it was :) Every now and then I meet a special guy in a misson on wildflowers, and we have both had the impression that as long as both of us just produced, we would both win in the end. Sad to hear this is not the case.

Which time zone are you talking about?

Most of the servers our forum covers are European, but Australia, New Zealand etc too.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was busy one server or another 24 hours a day.

I play on the SKN server and I am located in Denmark - CET time I guess that is
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 10.03.2021
    GGS PROMISED  to fix the way RP was calculated 28 MONTHS ago.  BUT never has been fixed.  GGS admitted that RP calculation was NOT correct, but instead of fixing it just hoped it would be forgotten and did NOTHING.  EVEN their own numbers people admitted it not working correctly.

Check out those 3 links, also check out how long players have been complaining about this by looking at first post of other thread.

• Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    @Dark Underworld (AU1)

Moderators are players , they dont always have all the information about everything

Plans and changes for the development of the game, is by the fly , and as it comes

Some things gets ditched, some new things gets included , its not an exact science :)

• Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 10.03.2021
    this is what the CM of the time said quote

"Well, at least, that is how is system supposed to work. But you are correct. As it is mentioned in the previous posts, the RP counting does not seem to work as intended. We asked the developers if they changed anything and forgot to tell us, but their answer was no. So now they are trying to figure out what is going on. Any data that you can provide (concrete numbers) is welcome and will be given to developers so that they can identify the problem."

It was the developers that even said not working as it should

This complaint has been going on since 19.05.2017

Instead of correcting the formula they destroy the lavatory and many other parts of the game.  Far better to destroy things players like, then fix a problem they ADMITTED to being there and would take a fraction of the time.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file