Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

[Discussion] Just In! February Update!

Comments

• "With this update, Apples, Dandelions, Pineapple jam, and Cherry jam will appear in missions. Those missions, especially jam missions, allow you to gain about 2.8 more reputation points in comparison to the existing items, like eggs and corn."
    I think Rosy was given some misleading information. 

after 1 round on the stackmaster, the jam missions indeed do not produce the same level of RP as other missions we are accustomed to (as other players have pointed out)

What I want to point out though, is that the #s Rosy reported are not necessarily wrong. Jam does give more RP per item harvested. The #s just don't take into consideration the small # of jam we're able to harvest at one time which is what gives less points per mission. We just don't have the possibility of harvesting large quantities of jam*, so we will never see that 2.8 more RP/item on RP/Mission which is what most of us look at (*without spending gold to push the harvests that is)

I recall other times in the past when suggestions were made to add gourmet farm items in missions, and the idea was struck down each time (to the best of my recollection). I can say now after trying them, I really still do not like the idea of dandies in missions, and I can visually see why others were so opposed to it when it was suggested in the past. They're do-able, but I'm not a fan.
    I got a Cherry Jam mission yesterday and I collected 180 Cherry Jams. I expected 4000 Reputation Points for that. But I got just 2,800 Reputation Points  :(
  • When the game is searching for a new mission, I can no longer click on the tab to view my current missions or change mission settings.  This is new since the update, can we get that ability back again, please??  (assuming others are having the same problem)
    I have the same problem as you! :(

I too got the same problem as you two. I thought it must be some error with the server. 
  • carien57 (NL1)carien57 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 41
    I think they try to slow down the ones with only fields they will never tell us. But if I look at the top 50 of best players in this event you see different names. 
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    I thought it would be interesting to mention that I have talked to quite a few players that generally get high reputation point scores in the CC and there is a mixed response about the apple and dandelion missions. But all of them are saying that the current set-up with the jam missions is not working at all. The amount of cherries being used is really hard to manage and the shelving amount is actually quite difficult to make, requiring two harvests of each recipe if you have one jam factory unless you can get a 25% gift on the jam factory and then you can shelve pineapple jam missions with one harvest. But this is really resource intensive just to be able to shelve these missions and gold is having to be used to get the shelving amount as even sitting in the missions for 30 minutes does not give enough production time to shelve. Not to mention the fact that lower level players without as many resources frequently cannot get out of sitting there for 30 minutes due to a lack of sugar, pineapples, cherries or a combination. And the reputation point output is honestly really bad for the amount of resources it takes up.

The apples and dandelions are definitely manageable for most farms, but these jam missions have a lot of issues that need to be worked through.
  • Blossom (SKN1)Blossom (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 564
    I think they try to slow down the ones with only fields they will never tell us. But if I look at the top 50 of best players in this event you see different names. 
    Here in nordic players, it's like the same player in the top 50 best players in cc but some who usually not get there now is there, but I think it depends on om many things.
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Apples are great

Dandelions are great ( Multiple ways to get dandelions )

Pineapple jam, is bad points, but then, fast forwarding with gold is cheap , so its gonna make good dollars :)

Cherry jam, is fairly bad , I prefer letting the mission run out at the moment, as i prefer to keep my sugar for Pineapple jam :)

Overall, it havent changed that much how you play missions , just like before , where corn and dung never had been great missions 

Each mission have their style

There might be a miscalculation in jam mission points, who knows :)
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    AHC (US1) said:
    If there was any remaining doubt that GGS has lost touch with the game, it is more clear than ever.  I find the out-of-touch aspect of this update to be breathtaking.
    There's no doubt in my mind.  These changes are all about having as many players use gold to play the CC as possible.  After the stacker runs out there's a choice...use gold or stop playing for 30 min.  I ran out of sugar so I will find something else to do.   When will it ever actually be about the players???  It seems I can answer that "NEVER" 
    It's getting harder and harder to find any enjoyment in this "game". I don't understand why GGS doesn't just turn it into a subscription only game, then those who can pay, can continue to play. Some of us work HARD to earn the few "advantages" those who cannot pay, may earn, like booster badges from achievements, only to see them taken away every time.
    Yes, laugh... some people really would like to use a little real money, but for various reasons cannot. We were able to slowly build up our farms and compete a little bit, but... we're nothing, we just don't count.
    It is sad, but the truth is it's not about the players. It's about greed. Just change it to a pay-for-play game a get it over with.
    I'm staying for one reason only: the people in my co-op. Friends I've made. Teamwork. Chatting. Thank you to those wonderful folk in Ripper Street co-op who provide the only enjoyment in this game now.
    What the company is failing to grasp is:

1. When the game is fun, when the players are listened to, when they aren't  overwhelmed with events, many will start buying gold like in the good old days.  Once the squeeze for gold started and then got worse, a great many gold buyers either cut back, quit buying altogether, or left the game.

2. Free players are an asset to  the game ... for example, a certain percent is needed to provide "cannon fodder" for the heavy gold buyers. If they had only themselves to compete with, eventually they will burn out or have to pay more and more gold, but at some point realize it isn't worth it.  And, as pointed out in the above paragraph, a certain percentage of "free players" do buy gold now and then ... run them off and they get nada. 

3. You can put the pressure to buy gold only so far before paying customers walk away in disgust.
    @artful (US1)

What you are failing to grasp

A Free player generates 0 revenues

A Company must generates revenues to cover its expenses

I agree , we need a mix of free players and gold players

I really dont get the complain about too many events...

its actually a pretty good model , as most events rewards , you can get a pretty decent quantity of rewards with small inputs , when you are part of a large team ( of course, if u are not part of a large team , its not good )

This is a team game , a strategy game

Of course, Here , we are a team of 75 players , i guess it probably helps :)
  • mutterkjær (SKN1)mutterkjær (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 344

There might be a miscalculation in jam mission points, who knows :)
    Yeah Exxy : There has to be a miscalculation or a bug or whatever, because this result cannot be right:
    I used gold just to get the amount of 358. But Seriosly these 6650 RP is supposed to be including 30% personale booster AND a 30% coop booster - Gonna have to be a joke or a bug.

• Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340

1. When the game is fun, when the players are listened to, when they aren't  overwhelmed with events, many will start buying gold like in the good old days.  Once the squeeze for gold started and then got worse, a great many gold buyers either cut back, quit buying altogether, or left the game.

2. Free players are an asset to  the game ... for example, a certain percent is needed to provide "cannon fodder" for the heavy gold buyers. If they had only themselves to compete with, eventually they will burn out or have to pay more and more gold, but at some point realize it isn't worth it.  And, as pointed out in the above paragraph, a certain percentage of "free players" do buy gold now and then ... run them off and they get nada. 

3. You can put the pressure to buy gold only so far before paying customers walk away in disgust.
    There are only so many "upgrades" that take away things players worked for, and spent gold on before the trust is broken to the extent of no repair. 

I don't want to spend gold on anything anymore, they are just going to take it away in time anyway.

• Blossom (SKN1)Blossom (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 564
    AHC (US1) said:
    If there was any remaining doubt that GGS has lost touch with the game, it is more clear than ever.  I find the out-of-touch aspect of this update to be breathtaking.
    There's no doubt in my mind.  These changes are all about having as many players use gold to play the CC as possible.  After the stacker runs out there's a choice...use gold or stop playing for 30 min.  I ran out of sugar so I will find something else to do.   When will it ever actually be about the players???  It seems I can answer that "NEVER" 
    It's getting harder and harder to find any enjoyment in this "game". I don't understand why GGS doesn't just turn it into a subscription only game, then those who can pay, can continue to play. Some of us work HARD to earn the few "advantages" those who cannot pay, may earn, like booster badges from achievements, only to see them taken away every time.
    Yes, laugh... some people really would like to use a little real money, but for various reasons cannot. We were able to slowly build up our farms and compete a little bit, but... we're nothing, we just don't count.
    It is sad, but the truth is it's not about the players. It's about greed. Just change it to a pay-for-play game a get it over with.
    I'm staying for one reason only: the people in my co-op. Friends I've made. Teamwork. Chatting. Thank you to those wonderful folk in Ripper Street co-op who provide the only enjoyment in this game now.

Totally right :(:neutral: I promise that I will never bay gold for all that ...
  • Has the whole update been done?  I have not yet been able to get a new type of mission.  I could just be luck.
    Yes. Just got a dandy mission. Hellloooo stackmaster! This will kill the CCs once and for all for our coop.

Yes, I got a dandelion yesterday. I suppose I could have hared over to Gourmet and planted some at 28 mins drop time, assuming I had nothing else planted already, but I just wrote it off. As for apples... do me a favour. Of course you could always use gold to get the apple harvest. Not that GGS would be doing this to get us to spend more. Perish the thought!
    Uh uh ...

1 Seaweed humus + SS dandelion ( which u can produce high amounts quickly in new lab )

Easy to shelve

• I'm just a cat, so some of these things are beyond me. I play games for fun, so if I start needed a PhD in something I give it a miss. Thus I haven't touched the horse ranch since they brought in the update with all the equipment. I never could figure out the boosters so I never used them either. So is this going to make it simpler or shall I carry on ignoring them?
  • What the company is failing to grasp is:

Thank you :-) You expressed it in better words.
    Well, you know, purple resources?

They are quite simple to understand

Dont think you need any PhD to understand how it works :)

Obviously there is some more complex things, but some things are pretty simple

Dont grow anything in 1 specific garden , when dandelion mission appears , Plant 1x special seed of dandelions , Click on same garden, Add a Seaweed humus ( Purple ressource ) , Harvest , Click on mission, Hit Shelve

Next one :)
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    I'm just a cat, so some of these things are beyond me. I play games for fun, so if I start needed a PhD in something I give it a miss. Thus I haven't touched the horse ranch since they brought in the update with all the equipment. I never could figure out the boosters so I never used them either. So is this going to make it simpler or shall I carry on ignoring them?

Personally I am ignoring the booster board as I have never used it either.   Missions I only do during the CC if I need certificates, so the new items don't bother me too much.   I play this game for fun too, I don't want to get bogged down by trying to do everything at once and getting stressed out over it.
  • BJs (US1)BJs (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    edited 28.02.2021
    [removed .. as you say yourself, show respect to others even if there opinion differs - Rosy ]

- Now back the problems at hand -
         The new missions updates to the CC Game are a let down and are taxing to some players - Also note that less than a day advance warning about the jam and apples leaves me a bit shaky- I have level 30 + but less than 40 asking if they should up level there farms - I see and share the dilemma. I am also trying to deal with the new math involved to see if there is a way I can get over the mess- The stack master is ok but the points are a great loss to me - I normally make 1 mill + in the first two days of the event - I am only getting 2/3 of that right now- I see many of my coop members are distracted by how many things are going on with all the side games- Updates -and other hullabaloo. We have dropped from the top 10 gold league to mid Silver, and some how climbed back to the gold league. I am worried about Moral- Self sustaining- and being able to preserve what CoOp I have left- Could WE please PLEASE see a down play on so many Side Games one after another after another. A Small break in the games could mean a lot to the masses that want to play and be of good support to the GGS systems. In case you misunderstand what I am saying I am asking for the understanding 
                     WE NEED A BREAK now and again in the mid of the madness of this game.   

Post edited by RosyStarling on
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    We are reading your concerns and forwarding them to the Team.
  • Maria77 (US1)Maria77 (US1) US1 Posts: 64
    So after 2 days of doing corporate challenge and game freezing trying to run missions because of this update, I can say that the update sucks.  Only thing I like is that apples are included.  Don't really like tying up fields with dandelions, and definitely don't like tying up jam factory.  I can't even collect my special seed fields at times.  GGS if you think you will make me use gold to run stacker, like joey says forget about it!  I've had team complaints about technical issues also.  Also, I've noticed missions take longer to arrive for 3 weeks now.  Look at my otter face, not happy!
  • @artful (US1)

What you are failing to grasp

A Free player generates 0 revenues

A Company must generates revenues to cover its expenses

I agree , we need a mix of free players and gold players

I really dont get the complain about too many events...

its actually a pretty good model , as most events rewards , you can get a pretty decent quantity of rewards with small inputs , when you are part of a large team ( of course, if u are not part of a large team , its not good )

This is a team game , a strategy game

Of course, Here , we are a team of 75 players , i guess it probably helps :)
    you could almost say that you could be an employee or the boss of this shop, I have never seen such an advertisement gun for something that costs money, costs more money and your potential benefit that you have worked hard for again declined, over and over again.

so @exxy are you an employee or owner or shareholder?
  • I hesitate to say this, it will probably be read incorrectly by those making decisions.

Why not just a "Jam" mission instead of the two specific types? We don't have feed missions for the different types of feed.
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    Please keep your comments polite and respect others views
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    I haven't done a mission in months... and don't intend to again, the way it looks. Many, many coops are small and comprised of people that don't have extra income to spend on a game these days. It's fine if they cater to the high rollers and the big coops... totally within GGBF rights. It does get a little irritating when we're told by the higher players that it's "easy" to win lots of points.... they forget how it was when they were at a lower level or not in a big coop. When you cater exclusively to the high rollers/gold buyers, soon all the little guys will disappear as they will get frustrated early on and never desire to get leveled up and eventually decide to buy gold and aim for the top slots. You have to support the lower level players in some fashion, or there will be no one to move up the ranks and play all out!
  • kdc (US1)kdc (US1) US1 Posts: 7
    i realize the need to make a "reasonable" profit margin.
    But the constant ads to buy gold, the rigging of the game to force player to use and buy gold, is becoming very maddening.
    to spend real $ to get nothing in return seems silly.
    nothing against the gold buying members, but to me a marketing plan would be aimed at cheaper gold prices and to attract new members who would spend less but perhaps more often. It appears the game wants to milk the last $ out of the high spenders, and chase away the prudent gold buyers.
    In the end they have limited options, rely on the hard core spenders or attract new players who would spend less, but numbers would increase, hence revenue.
  • CyberJohn (RO1)CyberJohn (RO1) RO1 Posts: 643
    I haven't done a mission in months... and don't intend to again, the way it looks. Many, many coops are small and comprised of people that don't have extra income to spend on a game these days. It's fine if they cater to the high rollers and the big coops... totally within GGBF rights. It does get a little irritating when we're told by the higher players that it's "easy" to win lots of points.... they forget how it was when they were at a lower level or not in a big coop. When you cater exclusively to the high rollers/gold buyers, soon all the little guys will disappear as they will get frustrated early on and never desire to get leveled up and eventually decide to buy gold and aim for the top slots. You have to support the lower level players in some fashion, or there will be no one to move up the ranks and play all out!
    I agree with you. Back in 2013 when i discovered this game it was so easy to play and enjoy, But now the game doesn't do much to support  the new players. If i was to start again now with all the mayhem and  chaos in the game, a billion coop events one after another with no time to rest....... etc..... i probably won't even try. I remember when the game used to look like this.  http://prntscr.com/109eome
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    @FarmerCli (US1) I have only 1 jam factory at the moment, level 9.  Cherry jam mission needed 135 to shelve (I can only make 110 at a time)
  • Morti (SKN1)Morti (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 485
    edited 28.02.2021
    Now I ask again, but today I have accepted an invitation to a Coop. Later I would start a mission and it unfortunately sounded like 500 (and some) pineapple jam, which I can not make since I do not have the seeds.

I have not had such missions before, only flowers, feet and the like. easy. Is it because I've joined that Coop?
  • outawac (US1)outawac (US1) US1 Posts: 49
    I am confused with placing boosters on the board.  I just now paid 7M to activate one booster and placed it on the board--it has increased my harvest fine.    I seem to be stuck.   I can't access the list of boosters to activate another one.   Does the board only give you one spot?   Do I need to spend a huge amount of gold to increase the borders for more spots?   Obviously, this is my first time using the board and I can't find my way around.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.  
Sign In to comment.