Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

[Discussion] Just In! February Update!

Comments

• ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    In one way, the booster board change is nice as it is a lot more accessible to a larger number of players.

However, some issues with this update are:

The fact that progress has been reset on the booster boards without compensation. I know most players didn't do much with them, but some did and I think they are upset that their gold used to gain an advantage has been wasted.

The reputation point amounts received from the jam missions appear to be very low at the moment. I know someone that collected around 3.8k of some type of jam and they received less than 30,000 reputation points, which isn't very good when you consider the gold use required to get that score. Apples appears to be ok and I don't have any information about dandelions yet.

Cherry jam missions may also be an issue due to the fact that cherry jam requires a large amount of cherries to produce a small amount of jam.
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Well, its gonna be interesting to test :)

Jam missions is obviously gonna be a bit more the type of gold mission , even if its gonna rely on your capacity to accumulate Sugar too =)

Dandelions and Apples, seems fairly simple to play

Will be interesting to see , what/how players will play them :)
  • It may be easy for you @Exxy (INT1), as you're level 480...But players who are below level 50 is gonna suffer. 

@ADHVAITH (IN1)

Yeah, True
    I'm only upgrading my first jam factory at the moment, but I think the ability to shelve these missions without the stackmaster instead of sitting in them for 30 minutes while not being able to harvest anything is going to depend on the rate that the cherries can be collected. The thing is that the only other production building mission (feed) has a relatively fast production time that allows you to avoid using gold or seaweed to shelve that mission in under 30 minutes.

But for players that cannot produce large amounts of cherries, this will be pretty much impossible. I am even a level 443 player and although I only have two cherry orchards, they are level 9 cooperative cherry orchards and I can't even produce enough cherries from collecting them twice per day to be able to have enough cherries to shelve that mission three times per day. However, I can work around this by making use of my large (9,150) storage capacity.

But the thing is, most players below level 100 will not have more than two cherry orchards and those cherry orchards will generally be regular cherry orchards at a lower level than mine. And they won't have a storage capacity as large as mine, meaning they will have to use a decent amount of seaweed fertiliser just to get enough cherries to produce the jam and shelve the mission.

Hopefully this won't be the case, but it may make some players unmotivated to start missions since many lower level players cannot even use the stackmaster. Possibly even players that are not at a lower level may be affected by this.
    I have two more questions.

Why do multiple boosters not have their first purchase available with farm dollars and instead charge gold for the first purchase?

With this update, Apples, Dandelions, Pineapple jam, and Cherry jam will appear in missions. Those missions, especially jam missions, allow you to gain about 2.8 more reputation points in comparison to the existing items, like eggs and corn.

Can we please have some more information about this statement?
  • Jasist2 (INT1)Jasist2 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 140
    I don't think the CC offers more catalysts than the previous run. There were still 10 rewards (6, 12, ..., 60) and the amount of the rewards are still the same. 
  • chami (AU1)chami (AU1) AU1 Posts: 186
    my god.. jam for missions ? seriously ?
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    edited 26.02.2021
    Wow.   Is this ever turning out to be a lot of fun.   NOT!!!!

First I get a pineapple jam mission immediately  followed by Cherry jam mission.

What ever these guys are smoking they should share some with the rest of us so that we could see the  humor in this and have a good laugh.

(walks away shaking his head)   
    Post edited by rsny (US1) on
  • William Robert (US1)William Robert (US1) US1 Posts: 367
    edited 26.02.2021

With this update, Apples, Dandelions, Pineapple jam, and Cherry jam will appear in missions. Those missions, especially jam missions, allow you to gain about 2.8 more reputation points in comparison to the existing items, like eggs and corn.

Can we please have some more information about this statement?
    I really want to see the calculations of this. Jam?!? Apples are ok RP, but the jams and dandelions are horrible.

I am truely confused....  about the same amount of corn makes as many RP as jam. I can make corn a lot faster than jam without input product issues.

All I get is fewer milk and egg missions, so I earn less RP over time from them.
  • Well just got my first apples for a mission.  I thought when you do a mission is it to be for something you can actually start and stop in a mission.  Like something less than 30 minutes.  I guess I am missing the point of adding to what can be in a mission.  I know when they started missions it was only things that ran less than 30 minutes.
    Sorry to see they lost the point,
  • AHC (US1)AHC (US1) US1 Posts: 36
    If there was any remaining doubt that GGS has lost touch with the game, it is more clear than ever.  I find the out-of-touch aspect of this update to be breathtaking.
    There's no doubt in my mind.  These changes are all about having as many players use gold to play the CC as possible.  After the stacker runs out there's a choice...use gold or stop playing for 30 min.  I ran out of sugar so I will find something else to do.   When will it ever actually be about the players???  It seems I can answer that "NEVER" 
    Hm , Quick fertilizer is 18 minutes for apples
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    When the game is searching for a new mission, I can no longer click on the tab to view my current missions or change mission settings.  This is new since the update, can we get that ability back again, please??  (assuming others are having the same problem)
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    When the game is searching for a new mission, I can no longer click on the tab to view my current missions or change mission settings.  This is new since the update, can we get that ability back again, please??  (assuming others are having the same problem)
    I am not having this issue, it is working fine for me.
    JVD (US1) said:
    @JVD (US1)  just to be clear, when a mission is running or there is none, I can click on the tab & see the options, it is only when it is searching for a new one, that I can not .....  but when your game is searching to find your next mission you can still get into your list of active missions?
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    JVD (US1) said:
    @JVD (US1)  just to be clear, when a mission is running or there is none, I can click on the tab & see the options, it is only when it is searching for a new one, that I can not .....  but when your game is searching to find your next mission you can still get into your list of active missions?
    ah, you are right, I cannot open it once I have closed it.... 
    thank you JVD

I've checked with a few other players too, everyone is having this problem with the mission tab 

Mods, will you please report it as a side effect from the recent update?
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    thank you JVD

I've checked with a few other players too, everyone is having this problem with the mission tab 

Mods, will you please report it as a side effect from the recent update?
    Ditto in our coop too.
  • I got my first apple task. I collected 4200 apples in that! B)
  • However, the first place collected 6300 apples :disappointed:
    "With this update, Apples, Dandelions, Pineapple jam, and Cherry jam will appear in missions. Those missions, especially jam missions, allow you to gain about 2.8 more reputation points in comparison to the existing items, like eggs and corn."
    I think Rosy was given some misleading information. 

after 1 round on the stackmaster, the jam missions indeed do not produce the same level of RP as other missions we are accustomed to (as other players have pointed out)

What I want to point out though, is that the #s Rosy reported are not necessarily wrong. Jam does give more RP per item harvested. The #s just don't take into consideration the small # of jam we're able to harvest at one time which is what gives less points per mission. We just don't have the possibility of harvesting large quantities of jam*, so we will never see that 2.8 more RP/item on RP/Mission which is what most of us look at (*without spending gold to push the harvests that is)

I recall other times in the past when suggestions were made to add gourmet farm items in missions, and the idea was struck down each time (to the best of my recollection). I can say now after trying them, I really still do not like the idea of dandies in missions, and I can visually see why others were so opposed to it when it was suggested in the past. They're do-able, but I'm not a fan.
  • Blossom (SKN1)Blossom (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 564
    I have the same problem as you! :(

• Blossom (SKN1)Blossom (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 564
    If they had to remove the Booster Board it would have been better to turn it into gold. Now only the players who pay gold have the possibility to get extra points to cc etc. This is not fair :( I had got this booster from collect sticker points! Now they take them from me  :/ Give me back them!
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    Well just got my first apples for a mission.  I thought when you do a mission is it to be for something you can actually start and stop in a mission.  Like something less than 30 minutes.  I guess I am missing the point of adding to what can be in a mission.  I know when they started missions it was only things that ran less than 30 minutes.
    Sorry to see they lost the point,
    Yes but if it takes longer to make for a mission then they expect you would gold it to rush it up, pay to win games for you !
  • AHC (US1) said:
    If there was any remaining doubt that GGS has lost touch with the game, it is more clear than ever.  I find the out-of-touch aspect of this update to be breathtaking.
    There's no doubt in my mind.  These changes are all about having as many players use gold to play the CC as possible.  After the stacker runs out there's a choice...use gold or stop playing for 30 min.  I ran out of sugar so I will find something else to do.   When will it ever actually be about the players???  It seems I can answer that "NEVER" 
    It's getting harder and harder to find any enjoyment in this "game". I don't understand why GGS doesn't just turn it into a subscription only game, then those who can pay, can continue to play. Some of us work HARD to earn the few "advantages" those who cannot pay, may earn, like booster badges from achievements, only to see them taken away every time.
    Yes, laugh... some people really would like to use a little real money, but for various reasons cannot. We were able to slowly build up our farms and compete a little bit, but... we're nothing, we just don't count.
    It is sad, but the truth is it's not about the players. It's about greed. Just change it to a pay-for-play game a get it over with.
    I'm staying for one reason only: the people in my co-op. Friends I've made. Teamwork. Chatting. Thank you to those wonderful folk in Ripper Street co-op who provide the only enjoyment in this game now.
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436

It's getting harder and harder to find any enjoyment in this "game". I don't understand why GGS doesn't just turn it into a subscription only game, then those who can pay, can continue to play. Some of us work HARD to earn the few "advantages" those who cannot pay, may earn, like booster badges from achievements, only to see them taken away every time.
    Yes, laugh... some people really would like to use a little real money, but for various reasons cannot. We were able to slowly build up our farms and compete a little bit, but... we're nothing, we just don't count.
    It is sad, but the truth is it's not about the players. It's about greed. Just change it to a pay-for-play game a get it over with.
    I'm staying for one reason only: the people in my co-op. Friends I've made. Teamwork. Chatting. Thank you to those wonderful folk in Ripper Street co-op who provide the only enjoyment in this game.

OMG - Please do not give them any ideas about that one!!!   
     :p 
  • Mirka64 (PL1)Mirka64 (PL1) PL1 Posts: 117
    edited 26.02.2021
    The scandal is… at the Polish Forum, the players don't like this update either
  • I shelved my first jam and dandelion missions very early to see what the points would be like. Upon completion they seemed a little low. So next i did 12k apples in a mission and finished 2nd, and again the points were not what I am accustomed to getting  for second place. OK, maybe I was underestimating the numbers a little on what I thought would get normal points so I decided the next time to run an experiment.

Cherry jam came up and off I went spending gold to speed up the jam and seaweed to get the cherries. I stopped at 6300 cherry jam which seems like an extremely huge amount to me. My jam house is level 9 so that much jam took 50,400 cherries to make. I had 2 personal boosters going as well as 2 coop boosters totalling 105% and my acrobatic kite is a 50. I fully expected at least 200k or 300k reps for the amount of gold and seaweed this took. I received 98K. I can finish second in a crop mission without using seaweed and spending less gold and still get more points than this.

Needless to say I will be shelving jam missions from now on and I suspect apple and dandelion missions as well though I will give them one more try just to make sure. I am even wondering if they forgot to hook up the boosters to these new missions. Jam certainly is not worth playing the way things stand now.

• AngelAcuteAngle (US1)AngelAcuteAngle (US1) US1 Posts: 76
    edited 27.02.2021
    I can't make enough in one round to shelf pineapple jam. I same for cherry jam. Alfalfa shelf levels are crazy high. So I got these all back to back. That is an hour and a half being stuck in these missions with very few points to show for it. Add in huge numbers of dung in order to shelf and that's two hours.
    If the shelf levels were reasonable then I could manage with the new missions. As it is now, I'm just about out of commission unless I have my stacker running.

The lab is ruined.
    Now the CCs are ruined.
    I cannot help and be useful to my coop when the things I could do are ruined.

Post edited by AngelAcuteAngle (US1) on
Sign In to comment.