Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

[Discussion] Just In! February Update!

Comments

• Morti (SKN1)Morti (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 485
    Jeg har ikke brugt det, og med priserne kommer jeg heller ikke til det.
    6.250.000 gård $ til den billigste.
    12.500 farm kr. for den til husdyrgødning, som ville hjælpe mig, da jeg altid mangler gødning!

Ingen måde
    "I have not used it and with the prices I do not get to it either.
    6,250,000 farm $ to the cheapest.
    12,500 farm DKK for the one for livestock manure, which would help me, as I always lack manure!

No way
     Flag Quote ·"

@mort@"Morti (SKN1)"  This is an English only forum and I need to ask you to use English in future. There are many translators out there. Google translate is popular :)
    I corrected it, it was a mistake. I was sure to have inserted the English text  :)
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    edited 25.02.2021
    So, those of us who paid gold to upgrade some of the badges prior to this update are just screwed????  We have to start over with level 1?
    well you probably have access to them, you just need to activate them one more time and then it is permanent... you won't pay again as I understand it... they are no longer timed and have to be reactivated as you were doing before.

at least I hope so, as I did not pay gold to access a higher lvl badge I can't say this is true for certain. and if not the case, then GGS has screwed anyone who did! 
  • CyberJohn (RO1)CyberJohn (RO1) RO1 Posts: 643
    edited 25.02.2021
    So, now i have to pay 100k gold   so i can use a booster lvl 4 that  until yesterday i could  activate it when i wanted for  6 mil dollars?  Are you for real????????????? I like this game day by day even more.

So, now i have to pay 100k gold   so i can use a booster lvl 4 that  until yesterday i could  activate it when i wanted for  6 mil dollars?  Are you for real????????????? I like this game day by day even more.

wow, that is right!!! GGS just wants paying players apparently :(
  • kdc (US1)kdc (US1) US1 Posts: 7
    not that i have used the booster, but to pay 1750000 gold tor 10% corn and 15% eggs is just stupid

• Does anyone know how to make the new premium seeds in the greenhouse?  Every time I click on the arrow it sends me to my farm inventory which houses my gifts, collectables, etc?  I can't find anything in the forum either.
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    Prior to the update, I had 5 badges on my board.  3 were level 3 and 2 were level 4.  It will cost me nearly 350K in gold just to get those badges back.
  • Pookie89 (US1)Pookie89 (US1) US1 Posts: 29
    Maybe this info will help some people.... 

My base crop output was at 54...   the circled amount reflects the new 15% increase when using the booster...   

• Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    edited 26.02.2021

If they weren't happy with the update either, why would they have released it in the 1st place? That really doesn't make sense to me. assumed that by making the lab usable again for many players, that meant they were working at adjusting the lab. This recent update makes me think that was a terribly wrong assumption, because they instead released additional catalysts being offered in FHWE, which appears was the plan all along - make us upset, then appease us by giving more if the items we lack. My sliver of hope for lab changes is fading into oblivion, especially since the message from CM Mystletainn has been removed and replaced with a message from CM Katsuo, "Unfortunately, the Big Farm Community Management team recently shared an unconfirmed statement regarding the Farm Laboratory....." (here is Katsuo's complete message
     https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/211011/correction-to-the-previous-announcement#latest)

Post edited by RosyStarling on
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    so glad i have packed this game in and now play other games, how many players have they actually got left ? not as many as they make out !!
    Does anyone know how to make the new premium seeds in the greenhouse?  Every time I click on the arrow it sends me to my farm inventory which houses my gifts, collectables, etc?  I can't find anything in the forum either.
    My inventory of the new premium seeds are all zero. In the greenhouse they are shown in a tab labeled "event seeds", so my initial guess is that we will need to earn them as a reward from an event. 
    edited 25.02.2021
    Does anyone know how to make the new premium seeds in the greenhouse?  Every time I click on the arrow it sends me to my farm inventory which houses my gifts, collectables, etc?  I can't find anything in the forum either.
    My inventory of the new premium seeds are all zero. In the greenhouse they are shown in a tab labeled "event seeds", so my initial guess is that we will need to earn them as a reward from an event. 
    Found them in the offer hub, you can purchase them with the corresponding regular or special seeds
    So while I love the fact that the booster badges become permanent, not happy that most of them cost gold to acquire except lvl 1 which you can pay farm cash for... except I found that manure badge costs gold for lvl 1 up....  that hurts a lot of players who used to be able to use cash for activation for any lvl!
    you have to use the lab for that.
    greenhouse does limited items

• CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    JVD (US1) said:
    Found them in the offer hub, you can purchase them with the corresponding regular or special seeds
    what offer hub do you mean may I ask JVD? I have looked everywhere
    JVD (US1) said:
    on the left where the other offers are...  mine is active for another 55 minutes

edited 25.02.2021
    JVD (US1) said:
    Thank you @JVD (US1), I found them.  But when they are not on sale, I still don't see where to make them, do you?
    And, OMG normally 300 regular seeds or 9 special seeds to make 1 premium seed (on sale now for 200 & 6)! That sounds like a lot, I don't know if I think it's worth it to have a longer harvest overnight.

Let's see, I'll break down pineapple*; 
    regular seed grows 50 in 25 minutes, a rate of 2 seeds per minute (the 300 regular seeds needed to make 1 premium would grow 15,000 pineapple, 200 seeds would grow 10,000)
    special seeds grow 1145 in 38 minutes, 30 seeds per minute (the 9 seeds needed to make 1 premium would grow 10,305 pineapple, 6 seeds would grow 6,870)
    1 premium seed grows 5783 in 5 hours, 19 seeds per minute

Conclusion: unless any other type shows better #s, I'll keep my regular and special seeds, thank you very much. Not even on sale do they appear worth it.

*this is just a quick calculation based on my farm production, yours may be slightly different
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    Thank you, I thought that was what you meant.  I will have to keep watch for it because I do not have that offer.
  • Found those premium greenhouse seeds.... traded in all of my reg seeds for premium  :)  First time I've seen them for sale/trade?
    JVD (US1) said:
    Thank you @JVD (US1), I found them.  But when they are not on sale, I still don't see where to make them, do you?
    And, OMG normally 300 regular seeds or 9 special seeds to make 1 premium seed (on sale now for 200 & 6)! That sounds like a lot, I don't know if I think it's worth it to have a longer harvest overnight.

Let's see, I'll break down pineapple*; 
    regular seed grows 50 in 25 minutes, a rate of 2 seeds per minute (the 300 regular seeds needed to make 1 premium would grow 15,000 pineapple, 200 seeds would grow 10,000)
    special seeds grow 1145 in 38 minutes, 30 seeds per minute (the 9 seeds needed to make 1 premium would grow 10,305 pineapple, 6 seeds would grow 6,870)
    1 premium seed grows 5783 in 5 hours, 19 seeds per minute

Conclusion: unless any other type shows better #s, I'll keep my regular and special seeds, thank you very much. Not even on sale do they appear worth it.

*this is just a quick calculation based on my farm production, yours may be slightly different
    I calculated based on 30 min SS, I don't think it is worth it for any of them and so far the offer hub is the only place I see them available... when the offer is up of course.

1 Event gooseberry produces 2655 in 4 hours.
    SS gooseberry produces 502 in 30 minutes, that is 1004 per hour so in 4 hours is 4016 for a total of 8 SS. Using only 6 SS would give you 3012 gooseberries in 3 hours.
    i do believe that the programmers think we are idiots.
    our coop will not invest one dime any more,
    nor drive ourselves broke with ss seeds, bonuses etc.

• harden21 (US1)harden21 (US1) US1 Posts: 32
    I think this update is relatively good, much better than the one that happened to the farm labs. I think yall shld add even more new things to the missions, especially things like honey or citrus on ur flower farm. Because how its setup rn the only thing ur flower farm is good for is making money and VF. I think it would be kinda cool to have some of the things on ur flower farm be in missions as well. 

Overall in my opinion its a pretty good update. :smile:
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    The Booster Board .....this is now rendered useless.  I can't I imagine that I use it very often, if ever.

The new missions....they may level out the competition in the CC somewhat, but I doubt it.  I will ignore jam missions entirely.  That is just silly.

But the notion that they released this update without dealing with the lab, is appalling.  There is a short term fix for the lab.  Just have the catalysts drop on the farm for a while, until you get a fix ready.  The notion that nothing was done is just insulting.
  • Blossom (SKN1)Blossom (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 564
    JVD (US1) said:
    JVD (US1) said:
    on the left where the other offers are...  mine is active for another 55 minutes

Thanks @J@"JVD (US1)" ♥
    I have not got it jet :/
    I think this update is relatively good, much better than the one that happened to the farm labs. I think yall shld add even more new things to the missions, especially things like honey or citrus on ur flower farm. Because how its setup rn the only thing ur flower farm is good for is making money and VF. I think it would be kinda cool to have some of the things on ur flower farm be in missions as well. 

Overall in my opinion its a pretty good update. :smile:
    My initial reaction is, Oh Please No!
    There isn't anything that can be produced in less than 30 minutes, and after all this, I really don't want to see any changes to it.
    FF items are used more places than just making money & the VF. First ones I can think of are; filling Barnacle's ship, the Pleasure park event, the Wedding event, and making items in the T&T factory, the M&M factory, and the dairy. 
  • BJs (US1)BJs (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    Whoooohh there b4 you go and do more in the missions you best think of what you say -  The Flower farms crops dont just pop up after 30 mins - SO what happens if you get a FF mission for Flowers - then next mission same flowers - humm- Same with any crop - why is Cabbage not in the mix - How long it takes to grow - Stack Master only works so long - Jam is going to be hard enough as you get one harvest the next will be for gold - - These missions do not work on how much you have in storage - - Now for real troubles -
     I dont think the piggy bank works with other gold offers - I went to test it and guess what -  The piggy shows full - and I click credit card - and click to buy but it just sits there- Yea it is not working - I restarted the farm not working - I will clean cache soon and I will post if that let it work - - Fool Ideas some have to make life harder - I know lets move a ton of dirt with a table spoon - Why oh Why did the Lab not get a wind down or back or some thing - Tokens for sugar from the dairy or tokens for the catalyst from the dairy. At least let the piggy work with the 100% for the coop - That is about the only time i buy gold is for that deal - 175 thou gold to get the Badge box to level 1- Calling that a fowl - that is like saying Super sugar sweet ceral is a balanced breakfast cause you added milk to the bowl.
  • bigez (US1)bigez (US1) US1 Posts: 111
    fix the problems quit with all these worthless updates you are destroying this game
  • I only have one problem with the update at this point, and that is the booster badges I had on the board before the update are now "stuck" there. I cannot unlock them on the booster board. It seems like I have to pay to unlock a different badge that is off the board and then put it on my board to replace one of them. Only then, after I have replaced the badge with another one, can I then pay to unlock it and then put it back on the board.

At around 6 million a pop for the cheaper ones, this is going to lead to some useless spending on badges I will never use.

Has anyone figured a way around this? Maybe I am missing something.
  • CyberJohn (RO1)CyberJohn (RO1) RO1 Posts: 643
    I only have one problem with the update at this point, and that is the booster badges I had on the board before the update are now "stuck" there. I cannot unlock them on the booster board. It seems like I have to pay to unlock a different badge that is off the board and then put it on my board to replace one of them. Only then, after I have replaced the badge with another one, can I then pay to unlock it and then put it back on the board.

At around 6 million a pop for the cheaper ones, this is going to lead to some useless spending on badges I will never use.

Has anyone figured a way around this? Maybe I am missing something.
    I had the same problem. Nothing else to do , only thing to do is what you mention above. Buy  another badge with farm dollars  and put it on the board and then buy the ones you will use.
  • Thank you @CyberJohn (RO1), see you in about 6 days  :smiley:
Sign In to comment.