Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

[Discussion] Just In! February Update!

RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718

This is the thread where you can discuss Just In! February Update!

Post edited by RosyStarling on

Comments

• FuriousFarmer07 (IN1)FuriousFarmer07 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 783
    edited 25.02.2021
    I think the Booster Board is gonna be FANTASTIC from now on. 
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346

I am sorry, I wish I could say I’m excited about something, but I wouldn’t be being honest.

By the sounds of this, they’re not actually changing the lab, which is what the last message from a CM sounded like. They added more catalyst for rewards & fixed to where the lab will drop WWC pellets again. This may seem like a nice gesture, but I have yet to see enough catalyst to run the lab enough for that to make a difference in WWC points. There was no mention about event items returning as drops from the lab. Still keeping hope for a huge re-work of the lab (or better yet, just returning the old one).

2 types of jams being added as missions. Well, that will make me rethink adding a 2nd jam factory, but still having issues with sugar so this might get tricky. I’m not sure yet what I think about apples & dandelions for missions. Will need to hold apples until a mission pops up for them, but then again need to harvest them as often as possible to get the sugar for the jam factory (and round and round we go).  This of course messes with setup I have now & have become accustomed to, but I’m still trying to readjust farms & play style from the last update - - I guess I’ll just swipe that blueprint & start again. Sigh.

Starting those jam missions for players level 40 when they can’t build the stackmaster until level 81 is going to be quite tough for a lot of low level players who don’t have the space, nor orchards, nor seeds yet to build or keep the jam factory running . Something in there should be re-thought. The temp farms are too expensive for them to work yet, and adding missions they can’t compete in will be more likely to drive more away rather than make them work hard to improve their farms. I can imagine they’ll feel quite defeated.

• Gut Landluft (DE1)Gut Landluft (DE1) DE1 Posts: 9,612
    no cherries...
    apples, dandelons and two jams
    edited 25.02.2021
    no cherries...
    apples, dandelons and two jams
    Okay. I think I have mistaken Cherry as Cherry jam.
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    I think will be Booster Board is FANTASTIC from now on. If Cherries come in the mission, it will become hard as it takes 12 hours to harvest. 
    @ADHVAITH (IN1)  the report said apples & dandelions are being added as missions along with Cherry Jam and Pineapple Jam. So, you might see a mission asking for cherry jam, but not cherries themselves (at least, that's how I read it).
  • I have corrected the post @Heather Norsk (US1)
    edited 25.02.2021
    I became level 81 today and I am in an effort to build the Stackmaster. I have collected 121 tools out of 130. 
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    edited 25.02.2021
    ty Rosy  :)
    The Boosterboard changes look interesting. Previously I looked at how it worked and never bothered using it. This looks more usable.
    More mission types will definitely add interest and jam missions could be quite challenging. I foresee more cherry orchards  :)
    My Greenhouse runs special seeds most of the time and the extra fruit requirements for jam are making it difficult. I'm not sure that premium seeds will address the problem. 10% shorter growing times would be more useful.
    I don't have a Lab yet so catalysts just accrue
    Overall it looks pretty good to me

Edited
    I've just seen the Greenhouse, these are not "Premium" seeds as we know them, these are "Event" seeds. They look really good with much longer run times perfect for overnight running  :)
    Post edited by Uncle John (GB1) on
  • sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 193
    Did I just lose the last half hour of Tessas dreamworld because of this update?
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    edited 25.02.2021
    @Heather Norsk (US1) Mystletainn said the lab changes 'would take a while to happen'

My personal understanding of that is it would be a few months and not in February's update

Fingers crossed for next month

Post edited by RosyStarling on
  • Maria77 (US1)Maria77 (US1) US1 Posts: 64
    I need a coffee...eyes rolling on this update.  
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    The boosters don't actually appear to be working. Am I missing something?
    I would like the ability to remove boosters but it won't let us but rather just replace them. I am trying to see if they make a difference. I don't think they do.
  • DarBA (US1)DarBA (US1) US1 Posts: 67
    So how do we activate the boosters now?
  • Pookie89 (US1)Pookie89 (US1) US1 Posts: 29
    I am trying to buy level 1 badge for pigs... the box comes up, but when I click on level 1 to purchase for $$ (not gold) the box disappears and doesn't allow me to purchase.... am I missing something?   Have reloaded the game and it doesn't make a difference... for the record, I was able to update corn no problem (but like @Rusty Farmer (AU1)... am unsure if I'm benefitting from that booster....)
    Am also unable to edit and remove existing boosters already on booster board.... 
    Again - in all fairness - was at Level 2 alfalfa before update... now I will not be able to get there again - significant $$ to buy level one and then excessive amount of gold to increase level???   I suppose that's the price of the permanency of the booster....  :/   :(
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    Yep i don't think current boosters are working 
  • sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 193
    I am trying to buy level 1 badge for pigs... the box comes up, but when I click on level 1 to purchase for $$ (not gold) the box disappears and doesn't allow me to purchase.... am I missing something?   Have reloaded the game and it doesn't make a difference... for the record, I was able to update corn no problem (but like @Rusty Farmer (AU1)... am unsure if I'm benefitting from that booster....)
    Am also unable to edit and remove existing boosters already on booster board.... 
    Again - in all fairness - was at Level 2 alfalfa before update... now I will not be able to get there again - significant $$ to buy level one and then excessive amount of gold to increase level???   I suppose that's the price of the permanency of the booster....  :/   :(
    And that, my friends is why I don't buy gold any more    :p
    lol... @sue1 (AU1).... indeed!!!

OK... I have researched a little further to see the correlation between achievement board  and boosters available (by clicking on each achievement sticker)... I can see that I've obtained certain "access" to boosters that are available to me for either regular $$ or gold...
    however on achievement board I am at level 10 for pigs... all I can get is access to "cabbage" or "cabbage/pig" booster???   I cannot even obtain level 1 pig booster???  ...makes no sense to me...  smh 
  • The Drifter (US1)The Drifter (US1) US1 Posts: 243
    I can see that some will be drooling over this update. I'll be drooling also, because I will be starting  the DTs 
  • Morti (SKN1)Morti (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 485
    edited 25.02.2021
    I have not used it and with the prices I do not get to it either.
    6,250,000 farm $ to the cheapest.
    12,500 farm DKK for the one for livestock manure, which would help me, as I always lack manure!

No way
    Post edited by Morti (SKN1) on
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    If there was any remaining doubt that GGS has lost touch with the game, it is more clear than ever.  I find the out-of-touch aspect of this update to be breathtaking.
  • jorisvanvlijmen (NL1)jorisvanvlijmen (NL1) NL1 Posts: 319
    edited 25.02.2021
    @Heather Norsk (US1) Mystletainn said the lab changes 'would take a while to happen'

My personal understanding of that is it would be a few months and not in February's update

Fingers crossed for next month

Sorry Rose, but didnt they see this comming, without any notice taking stuff away, and then saying we need tooooooooo much time to restore things? please we are not stupid.

also making an offical statement form the dev's could make some things more relaxed. Let us see we do matter for them instead as just moneypits ! 
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    Jeg har ikke brugt det, og med priserne kommer jeg heller ikke til det.
    6.250.000 gård $ til den billigste.
    12.500 farm kr. for den til husdyrgødning, som ville hjælpe mig, da jeg altid mangler gødning!

Ingen måde
    "I have not used it and with the prices I do not get to it either.
    6,250,000 farm $ to the cheapest.
    12,500 farm DKK for the one for livestock manure, which would help me, as I always lack manure!

No way
     Flag Quote ·"

@mort@"Morti (SKN1)"  This is an English only forum and I need to ask you to use English in future. There are many translators out there. Google translate is popular :)
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Has the whole update been done?  I have not yet been able to get a new type of mission.  I could just be luck.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Has the whole update been done?  I have not yet been able to get a new type of mission.  I could just be luck.
    Yes. Just got a dandy mission. Hellloooo stackmaster! This will kill the CCs once and for all for our coop.
  • Blossom (SKN1)Blossom (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 564
    I think the Booster Board is gonna be FANTASTIC from now on. 
    YES! The Booster Board is really ♣FANTASTIC♣ now, I like it now much more than before :smiley:  <3 And big big thanks for them ♥

But I hate got jam in my missions, blääää and I try it and it does not give me much point, the wildflower gives me much better. Then it impossible to got enough jam for the miss because of the berries and the other materials it need ant the time to and for make enough jam you should use gold what I will not do for them.
    And the apples, not good too! It takes -3- hours to my apple tree get ready! 
    How would that work in a 30-minute mission?  :| And for the dandelions too....
  • Jasist2 (INT1)Jasist2 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 140
    And the apples, not good too! It takes -3- hours to my apple tree get ready! How would that work in a 30-minute mission?  :| And for the dandelions too....
    There is the purple fertilizer (speed fert) which takes 1/10 of the normal time but produces 1/10 of the normal harvest with some extras. Therefore, if you use 10 speed fertilizer, it would only take 18 minutes to produce 33 apples (without counting bonus). The dandelion takes 28 minutes to produce, which both can be produced within 30 minutes. Just like the pigs and cows that got a speed feed added years ago. 
  • Blossom (SKN1)Blossom (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 564
    And the apples, not good too! It takes -3- hours to my apple tree get ready! How would that work in a 30-minute mission?  :| And for the dandelions too....
    There is the purple fertilizer (speed fert) which takes 1/10 of the normal time but produces 1/10 of the normal harvest with some extras. Therefore, if you use 10 speed fertilizer, it would only take 18 minutes to produce 33 apples (without counting bonus). The dandelion takes 28 minutes to produce, which both can be produced within 30 minutes. Just like the pigs and cows that got a speed feed added years ago. 
    Yas but this fertilizer is rare  :# And I mostly have my apples in 3 hours so...
    Hope it comes work, had one dandelion om miss but my gardens were currently busy  :sweat_smile:
    edited 25.02.2021
    Question for moderator(s).... is there any visible "indicator" to show that if you're using a booster, bought after the update this morning, you're actually earning the worth of that booster???  ie, I mentioned earlier in this thread that I bought level 1 of corn booster but near as I can tell am not earning the reward of 10% (albeit 1 extra corn per plot of land).... my fields are level 6 which with my library booster shows I earn 29 ears per plot.... when I choose to plant corn... it at least shows me the base amount and the extra I get based on my library level 2 for that crop...   21 (basic amount) + 8 (library amount)...  nowhere am I able to see that the booster is indeed working to increase my crops.  

Can you shed any light on this???  Thank you!  :)

• shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    When will the boosters start working?
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    So, those of us who paid gold to upgrade some of the badges prior to this update are just screwed????  We have to start over with level 1?
Sign In to comment.