Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Jan Update - The New Year Update [Discussion]

Comments

• Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    @JVD (US1), @Exxy (INT1), @FarmerCli (US1)
    Thank you all for confirming that others also have never seen greenhouse seeds in mystery boxes!

FarmerCli - yes, goldflower seeds along with other event flower seeds are rewards in the green themed boxes. However, I find them quite rare; I've had only 4 out of 969 opened (0.4%)

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Does GGS plan to say anything about the update that occurred today?
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    edited 22.02.2021
    Do you mean Crack Open the  Piggy Bank ?

It was announced HERE

And being discussed HERE

There was no other update today
    So they did an update for money and did not fix the Lab?  Did I misunderstand that?
  • Blossom (SKN1)Blossom (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 564
    So they did an update for money and did not fix the Lab?  Did I misunderstand that?
    This update was only for the "piggy Bank" no for the lab. :)
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Thought I'd post somewhat of an update, HOPING game devs get it.  Looks like they might actually be so will hold out hope.

Listen, I spent (a lot of people did) a TON of time and resources to first upgrade the lab, then pack in as many cows, pigs, chickens, ducks I could cram in.  without that free feed I'd be wiped out in a heartbeat. And I need some 10-16 upgrades just to get chicken feed back?
    NO!   If that's the case I really am done here.

Meanwhile, the US coop has booted me.  Not just for not playing, but my hubby broke his hip so just no time for this anyway.   They sent me an invite back and I told them I would hold onto it in hopes they actually fix this game.   Then I'll come back.   Meanwhile that farm can just stay out of a coop and no pressure to compete or do missions or anything.   I'll log in just to keep it alive, and let it sit.  If and when I do rejoin, I'll still have all the special feed I had stockpiled.  If I can continue to produce that, I would love to come back and help with all the stuff I did before.  And if not, well that's that.

I started a young coop on the international server, will be putting out a note NO rules.  Play, check in, or not.  I don't care until further notice.  (It's a slow coop anyway, most barely show up.)

Then there is this one.  My uk coop.   I AM LOSING GOOD PLAYERS!!!!!! People who helped me build that little coop from nothing, they want to just leave the game.
    So today I put out a note asking them not to go, and again relaxing ALL rules.
    We have made gold in the CC a few times.  Silver now, consistently held onto bronze.  But no more.  Told everyone to just lay back and let all the competition stuff go till GG comes to their senses.
    Gonna wait a week to get feedback on that before I make it official but my guess is yea.
    So no CC, no hard worker, no missions, no nothing.   Just farm your farms IF you want and if you don't, pop in at least once a month in case there is news.  

My guess is my three coops here are not the only ones.  And MAYBE just MAYBE the owners of this company will look at their numbers and ask WTH HAPPENED?

I'm guessing they hire a lot of interns.   Well someone blundered bigly.  It's ok, it's how people learn.  Mistakes happen, so fix them and learn what you did wrong so not to do that anymore.  So again, holding out for the results of their poor learning curve to be adjusted.   I NEED MY FEED back without asking me to upgrade ten or more times.  No fair!  This one either gets fixed or that did it for me. 

MAKE ANOTHER LAB!   This is so simple.   Leave what we had alone, make another one for those who want to expand.  Maybe create one of those diamond buildings so players can put both into one space. SO SO very simple.   Surely you all have back ups of the old version somewhere?   Just say sorry, we screwed up and put it back.   THEN come up with a new building to do new stuff.   I'm sure that would be much more welcome.  

Meanwhile... I've been having a blast on a poker site I found.  
    I can let this go until.....
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    Well, I think you all are right about there being no greenhouse seeds in the mystery boxes, I was mistaken about that. But as said before the seeds can be found in the Trade Center using the Vouchers you earned in the Candy Farm or from the Gold Theme mystery boxes.  If you save up your regular catalysts (used in tab 1 in the lab-the one to the far left) then you can have the lab make a few. 
    GGS......

Will the February update fix the lab?
  • george3 (AU1)george3 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 411
    GGS......

Don't hold your breath Gavin, I fear the Lab fix might be sitting in the to hard basket somewhere
    In the statement from CM Mystletainn,  HEREin regard the laboratory, he states "It will take a while for that to happen" 

We all hope it is as soon as possible but it is not yet
    @RosyStarling the link you provide to CM Mystletainn's comment, brings me to an error page, saying "comment not found".  I tried looking on the Mod Bulletin, but no longer see it there. What happened? Did they change their mind, or did it just get moved?
    Please see Correction to the Previous Announcement

The previous statement I referred to has been removed :(
    I'm sorry everyone, an ice-cream dog has a better chance of catching a asbestos cat in an Australian bush-fire then GGS reversing this act of stupidity.
    It's easy to upgrade the Labs & Jam factory, all you need is a really big of gold (the reason for most upgrades), maybe have a think about mortgaging the house, selling your car or getting a 2nd job (sorry I was being flippant) 
    sadly it likes like my Ice-cream dogs in with a big chance
    GGS......

Don't hold your breath Gavin, I fear the Lab fix might be sitting in the to hard basket somewhere
    yea, AND THE FORUM LOG IN IS STILL BROKEN!!!!!!! Even the walk around of resetting the password I had to attempt MULTIPLE times this time.

Anyway, as of my last post, I tossed the idea to my coop that we IGNORE ALL competitive events until GG comes to it's senses and returns our lab.
    I got an overwhelming YES DO IT!  
    So checking in today to see if there is any news, and it looks this will be swept under the rug until either their long time players get fed up and leave, (always be newbies who don't know what happened.) 
    Must be their plan.   Clear out some server space.   

Well.... I'm not leaving just yet, but I sure haven't been playing.   Guess I'll go make it official, my coop is not going to waste time, effort, gold, OR waste their precious stash of free feed on CC or anything else.
    Players can still do regular events, play their farms as they see fit.   Just no more competitive stuff against other coops.  

Still holding out hopes they see their blunder, but hopes are fading fast.
    STILL BROKEN?   Forum and god aweful lab.

Ok, staying away another week.

• MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    After 3 weeks of not playing, (not even logging into the game) today I thought I would check out if anything has changed. Nope. I'll be checking back in a few more weeks... Maybe.
    I was going to log into the game today and check if GGS had done anything to fix the problems with the January update. I decided instead to just see what the forum says about it.

I see that not only have they retracted their statement about fixing the lab (they are still just gathering and analyzing feedback LOL), but in their infinite wisdom GGS has also done the February update which includes Jam missions. GGS keeps killing their own game with each so-called 'improvement'.

Not gonna bother logging into the game. But hey, I got my 7 year badge from the forum (Whoopee!)
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Well , I guess it all depends where you analyze data

In ML , its pretty interesting

We are seeing new coops in there , the battling is still intense for top 20

So , there is obviously some people liking the different additions to do more points

• PAESANO (AU1)PAESANO (AU1) AU1 Posts: 52
    edited 08.03.2021
    not sure about others, but now the labs are useless and it seem as always ggs. dont care. now labs can not make prem feed and fert ,the way it was. so now big waste of money having them. because you will never have enough catlist and without, premium feed and fert , you can not even level up on xp shame ggs . [removed ... Rosy]
    Post edited by RosyStarling on
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Collecting XP is way harder than before now. I used to be able to get over 1 million XP per day from feeding my stables and orchards with premium feed or fertiliser, but now I can't sustain that and my XP amount is really low. I think other players are still able to last on their produce for a bit, but I think the rate that players level up is going to be way lower in general now.

The labs are not completely useless, but definitely a whole LOT less useful than they were before. I think I've used 1 of my labs 4 times since the overhaul 2 months ago.  Before that, I had 3 running non stop all day. Huge difference!

Collecting XP is certainly not what it used to be with exorbitant amount of premium feed & fertilizer, but we still get XP and leveling up is possible, it just takes longer. We didn't always have the labs & we were able to level up then, I suspect we will find a way now.

I do agree with your comment that they're now a big waste of money. I put a lot of money into upgrading 3 of them, for them to now be rendered basically useless to me. I definitely would not have paid that amount of farm cash for what the building is now.

But, @PAESANO (AU1), what precisely is your suggestion?  This post is in the suggestion part of the forum, I'm just not clear what it is. Remove that catalyst is required for everything? Bring back the old lab?
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    edited 08.03.2021
    Heather Norsk (US1) said:
    But, @PAESANO (AU1), what precisely is your suggestion?  This post is in the suggestion part of the forum, I'm just not clear what it is. Remove that catalyst is required for everything? Bring back the old lab?
    I think he posted this in the suggestions section by accident.
    @PAESANO (AU1) I moved you from Suggestions, as there is not one here, to the feedback discussion for when the labs changed

• Benicia (AU1)Benicia (AU1) AU1 Posts: 63
    edited 08.03.2021
    now we get catalyst for sale in our special offers on our side bar for gold, I will demolish two of my labs (both of which I could make catalyst in before) something I paid gold to be able to do!! thanks GGS for making us pay twice for...... well nothing really

PS... 1 down , 2 to go
    We lost 2 more members this morning Benica, it's all becoming to much, not sure how many more it'll become all to much trouble, but I'm sure the devs know what there doing
  • Benicia (AU1)Benicia (AU1) AU1 Posts: 63
    We lost 2 more members this morning Benica, it's all becoming to much, not sure how many more it'll become all to much trouble, but I'm sure the devs know what there doing
    Yes George unfortunately we are in the same boat in our coop, members are staying away from regular playing as they can no longer run their farms without the premium fert, so what is the point. I will continue to play at this moment, but it is getting that even I have become disenchanted with loosing things on the whim of GGS, things that I have as I said ALREADY paid for before
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 09.03.2021
    maybe stop buying gold and seaweed, they might hear you better
  • Blossom (SKN1)Blossom (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 564
    If we buy gold more when they have ruined the game, is like that you say that you like what they do (destroy our lab) etc.)...
  • Elohim (NL1)Elohim (NL1) NL1 Posts: 99
    I see on  Dutch server that an error has probably been made with the description of Lab level 70.
    Additional field yield is stated at Lab level 69.
    Level 70 has the same description as level 69. I think this should be: extra factory yield.
    This lab really ruined my game.  

Still hoping they would fix it, put it back, make another one for other stuff.
    But no.

IGNORE YOUR PLAYERS....  THUMB YOUR NOSE AT THE PEOPLE YOU EXPECT TO MAKE A LIVING FROM?   How stupid.

It's ok, I'll just keep ignoring this game.   Darn shame, it as fun for years.  But nothing is forever.
    Found others to waste time on.

I will try in a week.... or more... see if they came to their senses yet.
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    I still fail to see how come the old Lab was that important

Cost to start a Candy chicken coop level 9 , 192

it produces 170 eggs

That sells for 3400 Dollars

I dont use any decorations at all on main farm, and probably have a bit more handbooks than the average player

• JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    I still fail to see how come the old Lab was that important

Cost to start a Candy chicken coop level 9 , 192

it produces 170 eggs

That sells for 3400 Dollars

I dont use any decorations at all on main farm, and probably have a bit more handbooks than the average player

Do not insult our intelligence... you do know that making premium feeds made a difference... we got xp from it and it did not cost farm dollars to feed our critters....  so that is gone... yes we can live with it, but please stop dismissing this as if nothing has changed... it has changed and we will live and maybe play another day or not play again... whatever will be will be my friend!
Sign In to comment.