Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Jan Update - The New Year Update [Discussion]

Comments

• AHC (US1)AHC (US1) US1 Posts: 36
    Over the 5 last years , I havent seen any interactions from the development team on the forums

It pretty much always been like that , Im not sure why it seems to offend so much people
    Maybe people are upset because GGS just ripped us all off.  Those who aren't upset must enjoy wasting time and money just to have it disappear on a greedy whim.    Would the changes work; maybe if some thought was put into actually being able to use them without having to change our farms completely.  I've only been here 2 yrs but every single time something actually benefits the players; it's changed or removed.  Never having any interactions or comments from someone who has any power to make decisions just makes players feel used.  Maybe you don't mind but I kind of do.  Maybe 5 yrs is long enough for them to be silent.  
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    edited 10.02.2021
    @Exxy (INT1)
    it hasn't always been like that. It's explained well here;
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/153942/moderators-communication-ggs-reorganization-help-with-better-communication-expectations

The way I understand it now, is that the development team should respond to the mods who would post the info on the Forum. The mods can only post what they've heard. Since they haven't posted, we assume they have not heard any response.  We have great mods, I believe they would post a reply if they had received one.
    We haven't heard anything yet from the team yet and we will let you know once we have updates :)

Post edited by ChickadeeQuilter on
  • 24K Mayhem (US1)24K Mayhem (US1) US1 Posts: 494
    edited 09.02.2021
    The silence is offending, not hard to see that. GGS took away something that many worked hard to achieve :-)
    They don't even give the mods any info to pass along to us, which isn't that great for the mods either, I'm sure it puts them in a bad spot. The mods do a great job and are appreciated.
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346

What I would like now, is a clarification on 2 things:
    - is it right that the nurserys will no longer have any purpose ??
    - if so, and water is no longer needed, will GGS then change all rewards and mystery boxes containing water ??

Edit: 
    - you will also NOT need the seeds for growing anymore - so maybe the good idea is for GGS to change the rewards and mystery boxes to give catalyst´s in stead - bacuse this is and will be the great need for most players 
    @"mutterkjær (SKN1)"
    I hope they do not consider those changes quite yet. I hope they still give water and breeding seeds. Until there is a more steady income or possibility of catalysts, many still need the nurseries to make special seeds. Also, lower level players can get nurseries up and running long before they can afford to build and upgrade a lab to make all of them.
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    edited 13.02.2021
    Pro's

Con's

I think i summed it a bit
    Feel free to tell me if i missed anything?
    *you may find/read Exxy's original post on page 11 of this discussion, I felt it'd be too long to copy the entire thing here, but I do have additions to the pro/con list;

Pro's
    - addition of the donkey community building
    - the jam factory gives us another use for some greenhouse items besides Barnacle's ship (this might be just a pro for long term players and not newer ones, but it is for me)

Con's
    - loss of event item drops from the lab (this impacts a lot of events, and reduces chance of completing some of the more difficult ones)
    - booster tokens usage limited with decreased availability of premium feed & fertilizer (regular feed only accepts 2 tokens in many places that premium accepts 3, and tokens previously placed on premium feed & fert may sit stagnant until more is earned or won elsewhere)
    - WWC points opportunities reduced in several different ways (not getting any from harvesting the lab, not being able to complete higher level events, [temporarily] not being able to always fill Barnacles' ship, etc)
    - the option to build higher level catalysts from the lower ones was removed from the lab. (Even if a player has the cash to upgrade the lab now, they may not have the opportunity to make anything in the higher levels. In the 4 years the lab has been around, I have never used a single legendary catalysts but don't have enough to make even 1 GML. Without increased opportunity for catalysts of all types, there isn't anything to make the cost nor the space worth owning a lab)
    - finding space on GF for the Jam Factory (for a lot of long-time players, that means demolishing 1 or more production buildings or waiting until they can upgrade a diamond building. Jam factory is not an option for a player wanting to fill Barnacle's ship at the harbor, but a necessity.)

Exxy listed a con as “minor” loss of XP ….. on my MF & GF alone, I am losing a minimum of 300,000 XP per day. That’s a little more than “minor” IMHO (I am not a full day player; for those who might have the opportunity to play more hours, the loss would be far greater). I agree it's a 'con', I just personally disagree with the word "minor".

Exxy listed a ‘pro’ to be able to make a lot of SS.  I don’t see how that’s a pro for most players; I can see it as a 'pro' for just the players who have a lot of fields. I already make more SS than I can use with the nursery, but because I choose to have more of other buildings, not focus on fields.

Exxy listed as a ‘pro’ for the cash income from the jam factory, but if that pro is kept then there should also be a ‘con’ for loss of income from loss of option of constant premium feed & fertilizer. And whilst I agree the jam factory has 'potential' for large income, I see it as a long term potential as it’s dependent on sugar drops from fruit orchards which limits sugar for many players, just as catalyst shortage now limits the lab. Until we see a lot of sugar coming in, I just can’t count it as a pro quite yet. I have a good # of orchards, but have not been able to keep just 1 jam factory running non-stop.

@"Exxy (INT1)" I want to thank you for always being positive, and putting out such a nice list to point out the positive sides of the update. I just wanted to add a different viewpoint on some, and the additional pros/cons that I noticed. 

Post edited by Heather Norsk (US1) on
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    I have been here since 2012.  The forum used to be a vibrant discussion place.  When the developers at GGS do not participate in the forum, the use of the forum drops.  People see it as ineffective.

I do not expect them to handle this properly.  That is not possible when they do not know their customer.

I expect some change, that is woefully insufficient to the problem.

When GGS fails to even answer after this much time, it sends a message.  It may not be the message that they intend or would agree with, but it does send a clear message.  It sends the message that this is not near the top of their minds.
  • george3 (AU1)george3 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 411
    I have been here since 2012.  The forum used to be a vibrant discussion place.  When the developers at GGS do not participate in the forum, the use of the forum drops.  People see it as ineffective.

I do not expect them to handle this properly.  That is not possible when they do not know their customer.

I expect some change, that is woefully insufficient to the problem.

When GGS fails to even answer after this much time, it sends a message.  It may not be the message that they intend or would agree with, but it does send a clear message.  It sends the message that this is not near the top of their minds.
    I started in Feb 2013 & in that time I can only remember once GGS admitted it got it wrong, this is when we 1st got the fish farm & we made really good $ from selling fish, they even went as far as suspending a few players for cheating as we should have known that the sale price was too much, they admitted they were wrong & readmitted the suspended players & apologized for their mistake. But then the Wawrinek Brothers were running things then.
    Don't hold your breath waiting for any action on the Labs, it's not going to happen
  • bigez (US1)bigez (US1) US1 Posts: 111
    sorry but they are destroying this game one update at a time
  • harden21 (US1)harden21 (US1) US1 Posts: 32
    Im running low on premium materials and my farm is starting to die out. Im running out of everything. This update really scrwed me up. Can yall pls fix this? Its been a while now and ive not gotten a response. Can yall please reconsider??
  • The Worst Update Ever!! 

Totally agree with the most comments about the farm lab!
    Previously, It was extremely hard and expensive to upgrade the farm lab but It was very useful! 
    Now It’s much cheaper and easy to upgrade but It became really so bad and useless! We need a compromise!!!! We can't at all get enough catalysts for running it! Are GGS really so out of ideas? That's totally insane!

Also, about the jam factory, No doubt that it gives a lot of dollars but If we can run it!!!! We don't get enough fruit sugar for that! I have 2 jam factories but I have not been able to keep them running well due to the very little amount of fruit sugar that I get! 
    The market hall and ship are always asking for jams now which makes finishing those orders really hard and need a lot of time!!
    It's a huge disappointment for me!

While i do agree that i would like for the production in the lab to be less limited by catalysts than it is now, i think it is reasonably balanced right now, of course, there's the dollar refund for players who had already bought and upgraded it which should really happen.

And there's also the premium farm goods which i have to say i agree with their decision mostly to make them a lot harder to produce.

I think that the lab's much more balanced now, of course, the way gs handled it is pretty bad, as previous suggestions have already said, they could have given us a warning period to a) give us time to adapt and b) allow for the pre-update feedback.

In terms of the jam factories, @Alaa Ali 1 (INT1)  while i can understand that you're short on fruit sugar, it does add some value to the orchards, especially apples, considering that besides the weekly events, maybe the hwe's and the organic market contracts, apples are not very useful in-game, there's not too much motivation to have lot's of apples/cherries/peaches and i think the dairy and jam factories combined gave a little more deserved use to them :)
  • 24K Mayhem (US1)24K Mayhem (US1) US1 Posts: 494
    With the Lab upgrade,many are unable to fill contracts when they all want milk or eggs. We can't make the cow & Duck feed needed bc of the cost now, I am at wits end and frustrated on the farm. more so with GGS for not giving a care in the world for us or what they are doing to this game. 
  • Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    I am am torn between looking for a new game that shows their players are of some sort of value to them and staying and suffering with my friends. We are all struggling. 

I don't want to leave my friends here but I don't want to stay until they decide they are going to mutilate other parts of the game.

I mean what about Lester's tree?  Matilda's Farm Academy??  I have worked hard playing and saving farm cash to upgrade the 3 labs I had, now have 1 worthless lab...Lester's tree is level 20, and Matilda's Farm Academy is level 24. That was a lot of clicking, some gold, and a few years of work that they will eventually take away from me. 

I don't want to think I have wasted all my time and effort but they do not care about any of that, it means nothing to them that I have been a dedicated player since 2015 and have spent far more real money here than I should have.

I am beyond frustrated and appalled that they cannot even acknowledge they have hurt the players in their miserable upgrade that was nothing but a down grade to the players.

Oh and every time I log in there is a 120% gold deal in my face. Guess what...I am done supporting this game with gold. 

• I mean what about Lester's tree?  Matilda's Farm Academy??  I have worked hard playing and saving farm cash to upgrade the 3 labs I had, now have 1 worthless lab...Lester's tree is level 20, and Matilda's Farm Academy is level 24. That was a lot of clicking, some gold, and a few years of work that they will eventually take away from me. 

Please don't give them ideas.
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    Sooooo the developers developed something that they can't develop or un-develop  :D:D:D:D
    edited 11.02.2021

I mean what about Lester's tree?  Matilda's Farm Academy??  I have worked hard playing and saving farm cash to upgrade the 3 labs I had, now have 1 worthless lab...Lester's tree is level 20, and Matilda's Farm Academy is level 24. That was a lot of clicking, some gold, and a few years of work that they will eventually take away from me. 

Please don't give them ideas.
    I totally understand that no more lightbulbs need to be lit. However this is a huge, HUGE, imbalance now. 

I get that they are trying to work on lab and most likely come up with a "slight" fix to the lab but it will never be like it was before so the tree and academy are probably junk now as well.

I apologize to everyone for my "whining, ranting, and what not" here in the forum.

I have come to realize that I have to move on. The game no longer makes me happy. I log in and get angry. Games are supposed to be fun. 

23rd, my only remaining subscription will be up. I need to step away for my own sanity.

• Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 11.02.2021
    I totally understand that no more lightbulbs need to be lit. However this is a huge, HUGE, imbalance now. 

I get that they are trying to work on lab and most likely come up with a "slight" fix to the lab but it will never be like it was before so the tree and academy are probably junk now as well.

I apologize to everyone for my "whining, ranting, and what not" here in the forum.

I have come to realize that I have to move on. The game no longer makes me happy. I log in and get angry. Games are supposed to be fun. 

23rd, my only remaining subscription will be up. I need to step away for my own sanity.

Totally agree with you, games are supposed to be fun, and this one is not , i have not done a single event since they did the last update and also cancelled my subscription, which will remain cancelled, i no longer trust ggs. As far as i am concerned i think they know exactly what they are doing, and it doesn't matter what apologies they give for the last update i no longer believe them. Every update they do is to benefit their pockets not to make the game better or more enjoyable, so i am quite happy i no longer play as before and spend No more money, when a player is treated like a credit card rather than a supporter that's when it is time to go !
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Good to see the game developers seemed to have gotten the message.

Meanwhile, I have lost all interest in this game.   I sent all three of my teams a note that I might go red, that I'd try to at least check in but spending time on this now has lost all it's fun.  

And now it will "take time" for them to undo the mess?   Your losing players by the day. Several in a few teams I'm in have already up and quit.  
    I would STRONGLY suggest you simply put the lab back to the way it was.   Then maybe retool a new version and give players the option to buy it or not.

Or do nothing, most broken things here stay broken for years.
    (BTW.... I still had to do the old fix of resetting a password just to get in here.)
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    edited 11.02.2021
    I'm not a fan of people who keeps threatening to leave , when things are changing not in way that they like

And when people are all acting up, its GG fault for making them leave

Be an adult, and assume the decision that the game is'nt fullfilling your needs or what you are looking for in a game , and take the decision for yourself

( There is nothing wrong , if u feel the game doesnt provide you enough satisfaction )

Everyone is free to choose what game they play after all

People come and goes , for many different reasons
    I'm not a fan of people who keeps threatening to leave , when things are changing not in way that they like

Be an adult, and assume the decision that the game is'nt fullfilling your needs or what you are looking for in a game , and take the decision for yourself

( There is nothing wrong , if u feel the game doesnt provide you enough satisfaction )

I don't want you to be a fan. 

Everyone is different, I work fulltime, 10 hours a night. I came here since 2015 to relax and play. For the last 2 years this hasn't happened. 

How long have you been playing?  Were you here when the game was nice?  I was, sorry I no longer care about events, silo is sitting empty right now...because I don't care. I haven't harvested cows, ducks or goats in a few days, because I don't care anymore.

Glad you still love the game, after all they do need someone.
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    edited 11.02.2021
    Yeah, been playing for 5 years , but luckily, I'm blessed with a lot of free time on my hands

Sadly , Big farm is the type of game, that is likely to optimize your stuff , if you spend time on it or money

And even more, if you care about competitiveness

Some past-times are much more time-consuming than others 
    Yeah, been playing for 5 years , but luckily, I'm blessed with a lot of free time on my hands

Sadly , Big farm is the type of game, that is likely to optimize your stuff , if you spend time on it or money

And even more, if you care about competitiveness

Some past-times are much more time-consuming than others 
    I totally agree!
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294

lol those are ok it's the ones that threaten they'll do this and that then they actually don't !

I don't believe for one minute masses are leaving the game, if they were then something would be done sooner to address the situation 

Bottom line its not really effecting game play in a massive way, yes its a pain but it's not the be all and end all doomsday 
  • Heartland (AU1)Heartland (AU1) AU1 Posts: 192
    Yes we wait in hope!!.. I have already deomished 2 FL's:-((( The only FL I have now is sitting idle most of the time as cats are not plentiful.. And future upgrades to my lab will require Blue Diamonds
  • harden21 (US1)harden21 (US1) US1 Posts: 32
    I really hope they change the farm labs back. I haven't upgraded or even touched any of mine in hopes that they might change it back. Hopefully, things will get changed back fingers crossed lol :smile:
  • There is so much imbalance in the game now that the lab has changed. Not much use in upgrading silo if I have to sell everything at a loss. 
  • bigez (US1)bigez (US1) US1 Posts: 111
    they need to find some thing else to do with the jam it is making us lose to many horseshoes when we load the boat

• maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    they need to find some thing else to do with the jam it is making us lose to many horseshoes when we load the boat

Agreed.  I wish they would  remove it from the boat.
Sign In to comment.