Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

farm laboratory

I would suggest that the first and second catalyst recipes swap places with each other so then the feed, fertilizer, etc. would be first and the special seeds then.
With premium feed, lower production costs and special seeds can be made in the nursery, except for special special seeds that the adventurer brings if he remembers. The shipper always wants the same products: elderberry, fig, apricot and passion fruit.

Comments

• Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    That's an interesting suggestion :)
  • I could only suggest that G.G. do a serious re work of farm lab to incorporate features of the old one and the new one having a farm lab that only uses catalysts is an impediment not an upgrade! We used to make use of lab to use excess produce to make useful products, an efficient set up as barn storage does not allow you to keep the produce.
     If this was an existing real farm it's akin to industrial sabotage! But being this business model is a gaming one should not the objective be of providing fun to its investors. there is a difference between providing a challenge or making things more convoluted. Like the Borg in star Trek we will adapt , but we wont enjoy it.
    When will we get something that's fun and new. what happened to farm lab is a downgrade , not an update
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    edited 30.01.2021
    Could you please add this sort of feedback to Jan Update - The New Year Update [Discussion]  as well.

We want to gather as much  feedback as we can
    Please leave this thread to discuss kikkara's suggestion only

If you have other suggestions then please start another thread for your suggestion

If you have feed back for the Laboratory or Jam Factory please add it to the New Year Update Discussion thread

The posts that were general feedback on the lab have been moved there where it will added to all the feedback we have

It is disrespectful to kikkara, to hijack their thread

If you have your own suggestion then make your own thread

I have moved further suggestions from this thread to their own

Any more will be deleted rather than moved

Discuss kikkara's suggestion only

• Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    would it not be easier for everyone if suggestions where in one post area rather than lots been made ?
    From  the thread The Pool Of Ideas! Please Read Before Posting!

"If the introduction post has at least 15 responses or likes after 4 weeks, we will forward the idea to GGS"

If there are several suggestions in one thread we would not know which were the popular suggestions and which weren't
  • IvyRaven (DE1)IvyRaven (DE1) DE1 Posts: 134
    I absolutely support this suggestion!
    Premium stuff is what most farmers had build their Lab for. Special seeds - never been needing of those.

But since premium feed can be stored infinite, whereas normal feed is limited, this means that
    a) I sometimes don't have enough feed
    b) sometimes the mill can't produce more feed, cause the barn is over-filled.
    c) I have to sell all the field productions because can't produce more feed.

Please yes! switch
  • I would suggest that the first and second catalyst recipes swap places with each other so then the feed, fertilizer, etc. would be first and the special seeds then.
    With premium feed, lower production costs and special seeds can be made in the nursery, except for special special seeds that the adventurer brings if he remembers. The shipper always wants the same products: elderberry, fig, apricot and passion fruit.

I agree, but I would go further. Remove the seeds option altogether and replace it with something else (something useful that we can't make any other way). As it is, having the seeds there is a negative idea. We have the nursery for special seeds and the event farms for special greenhouse seeds. What is the point of making the nursery redundant - especially as some people will have used gold to upgrade it? And what is the point of discouraging people from doing the event farms? It's causing a lot of anger and frustration.
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    Yes remove the seeds and put back the feed in the laboratory.
    If we need seeds we have a nursery and temp. farms for that.

I can see no rational reason for having both making seeds.  ?????
    If you insist on using catalists for making feed then make sure we have acces to enough.
    My little rant for the day.
  • A lot of discontent over the lab change, me included. Just put the lab back to where it worked for every one. Did anyone complain before the recent lab update, cannot find one. GG have not even given a good reason for doing this stupid update.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Yes, the reality is that this is a completely new building that works differently and produces different stuff from the Laboratory.
    Had they given us the ability to build this new "Catalyser" and told us that they would be taking away our Laboratories in 2 months time (and refunding our expenditure) we could have sorted out our strategies. 

It just confirms my decision to avoid any other game offered by a Stillfront company
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    I like this idea very much @kikkara (SKN1).

You are so right and I couldn't agree more. I can't see myself making anything on the first page either.
  • Autumnferret (US1)Autumnferret (US1) US1 Posts: 1,168
    I hate the new system. We have had plenty of way to get seed and now they take over the lower levels of the lab. I agree with remove the seeds all together. It seems to me if your lab is high enough to make all the seeds, then you been playing long enough to know other ways to get em. Personally I don't need the seeds lol !!!

edited 19.02.2021
    Wouldn't the simplest solution be to give us back our original laboratories we spent a lot of time and money building and then give us the option to build a second useless lab to produce seeds.

Which I know I would never build.

Post edited by rsny (US1) on
    They used to roll the game back to an earlier date when a mistake was made.

Is there any reason why they could not go back to before the day the labs where changed??

That would be problem solved.
  • MRG1 (US1)MRG1 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,554
    They used to roll the game back to an earlier date when a mistake was made.

Is there any reason why they could not go back to before the day the labs where changed??

That would be problem solved.
    They used  to do that occasionally, way back when they only ran one event at a time. Even then there were issues related to event standings being reverted when they did a rollback (wasted/lost gold, special seeds, etc). Now that they are running so much all at the same time it would cause chaos  if every event reverted back.
  • Blossom (SKN1)Blossom (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 564
    My lab is at level 17 but I still can not produce special feed! :|  Good idea but what use when you do not get enough catalyst for the production :/ The past system without catalyst worked better B)
    The only good thing with the new lab is only its style, which makes it easier to go to the last product so we do not need long scroll through several pages to find it, but not all other things they are not not not not good. :#
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    Wouldn't the simplest solution be to give us back our original laboratories we spent a lot of time and money building and then give us the option to build a second useless lab to produce seeds.

Which I know I would never build.

While kikkara makes a great thought with switching the levels to make premium items 1st again, I completely agree with that idea, but I don't think that's enough. It does not address the catalyst situation (or lack thereof), nor the other items we are no longer able to make. This new lab offers new items to make, some which I like and others I don't, but I still miss the capability of making some of the other things I used to be able to. Great initial thought to expand on!

rsny typed out I think what most players would most hope for (mostly - LOL)
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    edited 26.02.2021
    I saw a great suggestion to help with this.... make the various catalyst drop from harvesting farms... all farms!!! this will  make  it more available while it is also a reward in various events! that makes sense!
    WHAT! They had promised us :( I will have my normal lab back :( Why then now do not will change it back, nothing had been better with the lab :( IT DOSENT WIRK GOOD  :|
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    WHAT! They had promised us :( I will have my normal lab back :( Why then now do not will change it back, nothing had been better with the lab :( IT DOSENT WIRK GOOD  :|
    No promises were ever made to put the lab back to where it was.  Highly doubtful that this will ever happen.  I believe they gave us our answer to the labs in our February Update about increasing the catalyzers.  Unfortunately, this is not sitting well with many. It is was it is and we need to make the best out of it.  Trust me - I am not a happy camper at all!  :/  
    No promises were ever made to put the lab back to where it was.  Highly doubtful that this will ever happen.  I believe they gave us our answer to the labs in our February Update about increasing the catalyzers.  Unfortunately, this is not sitting well with many. It is was it is and we need to make the best out of it.  Trust me - I am not a happy camper at all!  :/  
    Increasing the catalyzers helped a bit but not all problem with this new lab :neutral: I can't understand why they destroyed our lab then they want not to fix it back again when no one all ower all this game is happy on it?  :/ 
  • BigTJ (US1)BigTJ (US1) US1 Posts: 20
    GGS needs to let us have our labs back that a lot of money & in some cases Gold went into. What else are they going to take from us.They already made the booster board so now you have to pay to use what u have earned. I can live without the booster board but the lab was a daily part of farming. Now its useless. We have lost 2 good players because of GGS;s B.S with the lab. No, they didn't go on to another coop, they totally quit Big Farm.. I have seen other coop's stating the very same. They want to totally close out Big Farm?, they have a good start at it.
Sign In to comment.