Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Jan Update - The New Year Update [Discussion]

Comments

• Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    Just from making one thing of cherry jam every 18mins u get over $300k which isn't really too bad :smile:
    Enjoy it while you can. Knowing GGS, that will not last long
  • 24K Mayhem (US1)24K Mayhem (US1) US1 Posts: 494
    It is disheartening to see farmers that I have farmed with for 8 + years quit the game due to the bad UG on the Lab. It's more than just the UG, it's taking away something that was already paid for and then no communication from GGS. IMO, they have had plenty of time to make amends or fix this lab debacle. Even if they don't change it back, the catalyzers that are available are not enough to make feed or fert. At least fix that GGS, please.
    Just sad that the long time farmers are leaving. 
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 07.02.2021
    It is disheartening to see farmers that I have farmed with for 8 + years quit the game due to the bad UG on the Lab. It's more than just the UG, it's taking away something that was already paid for and then no communication from GGS. IMO, they have had plenty of time to make amends or fix this lab debacle. Even if they don't change it back, the catalyzers that are available are not enough to make feed or fert. At least fix that GGS, please.
    Just sad that the long time farmers are leaving. 
    When a company treats players the way they have done over the past few years taking away stuff that players have already invested in  / nerfing items / etc, poor communication with the players that have paid real money into this game over the years they don't deserve to have players imo. 
  • LeMoi (US1)LeMoi (US1) US1 Posts: 20
    edited 07.02.2021
    Hi, all. I am posting this for my friend [CENSORED], he can't access the forum anymore, the login is not working.
    From [CENSORED]:

Well, it looks like this Subject is winding down and that nothing is going to be done about the Labs. Unlikely at any rate, after a week and a half and hundreds of comments from unhappy players, many of which have been taken down. So, here’s my parting 2 cents, addressed to GGS.
    At the very least, I feel that you owe us a reply.

I feel cheated because something valuable was taken away from me.

I feel betrayed because I played by your rules to earn what I had built the right to produce, only for you to change the rules to my detriment, seemingly without a care.

I fell disrespected because the opinion that I seem to share with so many others goes unanswered.

I feel disappointed that my enjoyment in playing this game, relying on your offered systems appears to be of no concern to you.

I feel deeply offended that my only apparent value to you is my willingness to spend real money (which I keep doing) to buy your make-believe gold, that can only be spent on a make-believe game, that ultimately has no real world value. You take our money and offer us entertainment, which I applaud, but you then return our loyalty with grief, deceit, broken trust, what appears to be total disregard for our displeasure at accepting whatever it may be that you wish to do with us. 

If your actions continue to be all Take, with little Give, the long term sustainability of the Game that we who’ve played and paid for it for more than a little while is largely in doubt. But then, I’’m beginning to wonder if you really care.

~ EDIT BY BM BUGS BUNNY - I UNDERSTAND THAT YOU POSTED THIS ON BEHALF OF YOUR FRIEND, HOWEVER IT IS NOT ALLOWED TO MENTION NAME OF ANOTHER PLAYERS ACCORDING TO THE COMMUNITY GUIDELINES AND SINCE THERE IS NO VERBAL CONFIRMATION IN THIS CASE FROM YOUR FRIEND, ILL UNFORTUNATELY HAVE TO REMOVE THE NAME, IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DISCUSS MORE ON THIS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO MESSAGE ME. THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING.

Post edited by BugsBunny on
  • LeMoi (US1)LeMoi (US1) US1 Posts: 20
    Hi, all. I am posting this for my friend [CENSORED], he can't access the forum anymore, the login is not working.
    From [CENSORED]:

Well, it looks like this Subject is winding down and that nothing is going to be done about the Labs. Unlikely at any rate, after a week and a half and hundreds of comments from unhappy players, many of which have been taken down. So, here’s my parting 2 cents, addressed to GGS.
    At the very least, I feel that you owe us a reply.

I feel cheated because something valuable was taken away from me.

I feel betrayed because I played by your rules to earn what I had built the right to produce, only for you to change the rules to my detriment, seemingly without a care.

I fell disrespected because the opinion that I seem to share with so many others goes unanswered.

I feel disappointed that my enjoyment in playing this game, relying on your offered systems appears to be of no concern to you.

I feel deeply offended that my only apparent value to you is my willingness to spend real money (which I keep doing) to buy your make-believe gold, that can only be spent on a make-believe game, that ultimately has no real world value. You take our money and offer us entertainment, which I applaud, but you then return our loyalty with grief, deceit, broken trust, what appears to be total disregard for our displeasure at accepting whatever it may be that you wish to do with us. 

If your actions continue to be all Take, with little Give, the long term sustainability of the Game that we who’ve played and paid for it for more than a little while is largely in doubt. But then, I’’m beginning to wonder if you really care.

~ EDIT BY BM BUGS BUNNY - I UNDERSTAND THAT YOU POSTED THIS ON BEHALF OF YOUR FRIEND, HOWEVER IT IS NOT ALLOWED TO MENTION NAME OF ANOTHER PLAYERS ACCORDING TO THE COMMUNITY GUIDELINES AND SINCE THERE IS NO VERBAL CONFIRMATION IN THIS CASE FROM YOUR FRIEND, ILL UNFORTUNATELY HAVE TO REMOVE THE NAME, IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DISCUSS MORE ON THIS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO MESSAGE ME. THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING.

np, Bugs, ty for your reply. my friend can't post for some reason, i will let him know.
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    On that note from LeMoi, the question was posed to 20 players in our group asking who is still able to post in Forum. Only 2 positively replied. That's a measly 10% who is still able to access the Forum to post their comments. That's a lot worse problem than I thought it was. I wonder if that % is true on a larger scale. It certainly would explain why there are only 16 pages of comments in this discussion.

As for the lab, I do have a suggestion for the mods to forward to the BF team; 

would BF be willing to return the labs to how they were, for a short amount of time (maybe 1 month), with a message to players that it will go to the catalyst lab permanently after that time?  It will give players time to prepare their farms and stock up a little bit.

If there was a “recipe” that was causing issues for BF, perhaps if they’re willing to reinstate the old lab for a month or so, that item could be temporarily blocked (again, with a note to players which one and why)

I think an action such as this might bring back a little hope and positivity to the players. They will still be sad to see it go, but will have time to say their goodbyes and prepare for it’s departure.

Separate from that suggestion, I do still think in fairness that each player's lab level should be adjusted to what they were able to produce before the change to requiring catalysts for all, no just the same level #. The cost of upgrading it may have been reduced, but we had all paid to get our labs to a position of making a certain item, not specifically for a certain level #.

I hope they are considering something. Like others, a little reciprocal communication would certainly be nice, and appreciated.
  • BillJohn (US1)BillJohn (US1) US1 Posts: 78
    Looks like I'm going to have to give this update some more time before reaching a conclusion.  Yes, disappointed the effort to upgrade the old lab at considerable cost in time (no gold here) down the drain. That's the big con.  The pro is another way to make some decent profit from jam sales.  I need to get a jam factory built, and then see if my playing style can be adapted so it makes more than enough profit to offset the increased cost due to limited ability to use premium products in the future.  My sense of the situation is there will be a way to overcome and the farmers will survive the adoption of the new technology on their farms.  That's what we call progress.  
  • Hello .
    The last update come with a bug for subscription.
    We can't repeat continue to repeat after a cherry for exemple got repetead,and we keep lose time with this...at apples,fields,islands etc.
    Before de update we could repeat after 10-30 min got repeated,now,we need to wait 24h for a cherry if we repeated .....
    So what happened?
    we lose products,money,dollars,gold ,resources. :)

• Spurgiukas (INT1)Spurgiukas (INT1) INT1 Posts: 235
    edited 08.02.2021

LeMoi (US1) ,

[link removed - Rosy]

try this,worked for me a week ago

Post edited by RosyStarling on
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    @Spurgiukas (INT1) and @L@"Lemina (RU1)"

On the 20 th January we asked you in the Mod New Bulletin to not use this workaround 

We do know how annoying this is for everyone and we have been told that the log-in issue will be resolved soon

The workarounds had to disabled in order to make the permanent fix work.
  • Spurgiukas (INT1)Spurgiukas (INT1) INT1 Posts: 235
    but it works, worked for me :) 
  • fatcat (GB1)fatcat (GB1) GB1 Posts: 23
    More catalysts please
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Did they really do an update and not deal with the Lab?

....talk about out of touch........
  • bigez (US1)bigez (US1) US1 Posts: 111
    those jams are the worse you lose to many horseshoes
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    Where did my pig sty comment go?

It was a part of the Jan updates!

The Wintry Pig Sty needs to work on Tropical pig stys also.

• @BugsBunny My quote from the German forum meant to emphasise that GGS upset 92mln players, sorry I missed that announcement.
    @Heather Norsk Can never log in the forum without that complicated procedure to change your password (it still works BugsBunny!). Might be intentional?
    @LeMoi I feel exactly the same as your friend: cheated, betrayed, disrespected and disappointed. I feel like I bought a pair of decent shoes by Louboutine, GGS took them from me and gave me a pair of slippers instead that are too small for me. They want me to pay more to exchange them for the right size. That's not right. I don't want to pay extra for the pair of slippers. I rather destroy them.
    @ GGS I left the biggest coop in the UK server at the end of October 2020: too many non-stop coop events, the same prizes, too much pressure for no return (I am not the only one who decided to stick to a one-member coop). I have been the top player for the FL many times (the first one last event) but now I don't care about it and you should be worried about it (there are plenty of other players leaving the game). I don't compete anymore and I don't push anyone to spend their gold/seaweed. Once again, this is a simulation of RL and when you are disgusted with your RL partner who repeatedly cheated on you, appalled with your boss who releatedly abused you, with your friend who betrayed you, you just finish such relationships.
    I don't expect any positive changes. Enjoy your farming the ones who still bother about it:)
  • 24K Mayhem (US1)24K Mayhem (US1) US1 Posts: 494
    edited 09.02.2021
    The more time that goes by with no response about the lab UG is infuriating. GGS's silence about this horrible UG  pretty much says it all. HELLO GGS FARMERS ARE QUITTING!!! Does that mean anything at all to you?
    Does NOT admitting that the Lab UG was NOT  good more important than losing customers?
    I am baffled that the catalyzer availability hasn't at least been adjusted. As well as giving back what was already paid for. Many, myself included, were able to make boxes, seaweed, etc, only to have it taken away. Do you not see how wrong this is GGS? 
    Seems it is about time to throw in the towel and the farm. :-(

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    I am waiting to see how GGS react to our reactions. They may yet adjust some things back in our favor.

Hahahahahaha your funny.   

I can't even FIND my last post here.   Probably swept under the rug.   I did see pages more complaints though.   Someone posted how they contacted support and copied their reply.   THAT got swept away as well.   The reply must have really made GG look bad.  

Yea, I see nothing but complaints.   IT's fine, I haven't even logged into any of my farms since my last post (which seems gone now)  and know what?  I haven't really missed it.

what WAS fun, suddenly just isn't.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    @Spurgiukas (INT1) and @L@"Lemina (RU1)"

On the 20 th January we asked you in the Mod New Bulletin to not use this workaround 

We do know how annoying this is for everyone and we have been told that the log-in issue will be resolved soon

So when the "existing remedial measure of resetting password"  is no longer the way to get in, how will we know?   If we can't get in?   That's been the ONLY way I could get in for many many months now. 

Not that there is much need.   Only come here when I need something figured out about the game but since the lab mess I haven't played.  

• BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    edited 09.02.2021
    @BugsBunny My quote from the German forum meant to emphasise that GGS upset 92mln players, sorry I missed that announcement.
    @Heather Norsk Can never log in the forum without that complicated procedure to change your password (it still works BugsBunny!). Might be intentional?
    @LeMoi I feel exactly the same as your friend: cheated, betrayed, disrespected and disappointed. I feel like I bought a pair of decent shoes by Louboutine, GGS took them from me and gave me a pair of slippers instead that are too small for me. They want me to pay more to exchange them for the right size. That's not right. I don't want to pay extra for the pair of slippers. I rather destroy them.
    @ GGS I left the biggest coop in the UK server at the end of October 2020: too many non-stop coop events, the same prizes, too much pressure for no return (I am not the only one who decided to stick to a one-member coop). I have been the top player for the FL many times (the first one last event) but now I don't care about it and you should be worried about it (there are plenty of other players leaving the game). I don't compete anymore and I don't push anyone to spend their gold/seaweed. Once again, this is a simulation of RL and when you are disgusted with your RL partner who repeatedly cheated on you, appalled with your boss who releatedly abused you, with your friend who betrayed you, you just finish such relationships.
    I don't expect any positive changes. Enjoy your farming the ones who still bother about it:)

@-Tigerlily- (GB1),

As assured above by my teammates Rosy and Chickadee, we are passing on everything you give us as a feedback, each and every point from you guys are valuable and all are passed in :) 

I am waiting to see how GGS react to our reactions. They may yet adjust some things back in our favor.

Hahahahahaha your funny.   

I can't even FIND my last post here.   Probably swept under the rug.   I did see pages more complaints though.   Someone posted how they contacted support and copied their reply.   THAT got swept away as well.   The reply must have really made GG look bad.  

Yea, I see nothing but complaints.   IT's fine, I haven't even logged into any of my farms since my last post (which seems gone now)  and know what?  I haven't really missed it.

what WAS fun, suddenly just isn't.

@Artmaker (GB1)

This is very untrue, it is not allowed to post conversations with support in the forums, it doesn't really matter if its either negative or positive we can't allow that, please refer to the community guidelines.

So when the "existing remedial measure of resetting password"  is no longer the way to get in, how will we know?   If we can't get in?   That's been the ONLY way I could get in for many many months now. 

Not that there is much need.   Only come here when I need something figured out about the game but since the lab mess I haven't played.  

The existing remedial measure was verbally cancelled because using that again and again may lead to some complications on your forum account after we address the issue with a proper fix in place, you can read the forums without logging in though.

Kind Regards,
    Bugs Bunny
  • jorisvanvlijmen (NL1)jorisvanvlijmen (NL1) NL1 Posts: 319
    edited 09.02.2021

This is very untrue, it is not allowed to post conversations with support in the forums, it doesn't really matter if its either negative or positive we can't allow that, please refer to the community guidelines.

The existing remedial measure was verbally cancelled because using that again and again may lead to some complications on your forum account after we address the issue with a proper fix in place, you can read the forums without logging in though.

Kind Regards,
    Bugs Bunny
    This link is working to logon into your forum account, it worked for me, while im not able to logon at the normal page, this one does.

[link removed - Rosy]

Post edited by RosyStarling on
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    Where did my pig sty comment go?

It was a part of the Jan updates!

The Wintry Pig Sty needs to work on Tropical pig stys also.

The "Wintry Pigsty" is a part of the Valentine topic and not the January Update Discussion.  I tried to move it to the appropriate location.

• AHC (US1)AHC (US1) US1 Posts: 36
    Hello .
    We can't repeat continue to repeat after a cherry for exemple got repetead,and we keep lose time with this...at apples,fields,islands etc.
    Before de update we could repeat after 10-30 min got repeated,now,we need to wait 24h for a cherry if we repeated .....
    So what happened?

I was told by support that it was a glitch that was "fixed".  IMO, just another thing taken away.  I'll continue to play but I won't be buying gold anymore and eventually will drop my subs.  The players are simply a way for GGS to make money.  As long as there are players willing to spend real money GGS will keep taking.
  • Jasist2 (INT1)Jasist2 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 140
    This update, to summarize, would be good mechanics, poor balancing, and a semi-complete system. 
    1. New features/ mechanics completion. This update introduces uses for catalysts, which were left in the game for over a year for some reason. You could make new things with the new lab, which is more useful than the previous lab. The jam factory also "revive" some greenhouse fruits that they are now worth producing for the jam factory. However, the new lab is set to produce special seeds, which makes the Nursery and greenhouse almost useless. Therefore, 3 new/upgraded mechanics and 2 mechanics downgraded/ become excess, but have increased options. 

2, Poor balancing. CC offers 8 legendary catalysts per run, and HWE + CHWE offers 86 legendary catalysts per run. A high-level player, assume it is able to collect all rewards in CC and HWE, will result in around 100 legendary catalysts per week (considering better rewards for higher-level players). This amount may not be enough for the players that wish to use the lab comprehensively. 
         As for premium feed, with HWE offering about 500 rare catalysts, making 10 premium feed ranges from 4 to 32 rare catalyst, which the available reward is not sufficient for the players to maintain functional farm solely using premium feed. In fact, all rewards of catalysts are not enough for players to rely on, to maintain normal function of their farm. 

3, Semi-complete system. The jam factory only has 9 levels and 9 types of jam to make. However, there are 12 different greenhouse fruits, 4 of each from 3 temp farms. Would there be more types of jam to produce? In addition, would the greenhouse and nursery get a new function? On the bright side, this update shows that GGS would add new function for incomplete/semi-complete features, I am hoping that the Airport can be complete soon. 

4. Suggestions. It is clear that the total amount of catalysts reward is not sufficient for daily farming use, so the  total amount of catalyst rewards should increase, at least triple the current amount. Given that some may not need all types of catalysts. For example, the ordinary catalysts can be replaced by the nursery and greenhouse, or some may not care about the boosters. I suggest that we can trade one type of catayst for another, or allow choice of different types of catalyst in the rewards. In addition, we should be able to earn catalysts through other events (events other than HWE and CC), such as urgency deliver, WWC, Village Fair (I hope VF have personal rewards in non-seasonal months), harvesting from fields/animals/orchards, etc. The amount of earnable catalysts should allow players to produce enough items in one type of catalysts, ie. obtain enough special seeds or premium feed for daily farming solely through the lab when a player chooses only the corresponding type of catalyst in the rewards. 
         Since the cost of upgrading the lab was reduced, the extra money spent should be refunded (refund amount = old cost - new cost for level below 30, or sum of old cost for level 31 and above). There could be more levels for the jam factory so that all 12 greenhouse fruits can be made into jam. (Or maybe the greenhouse fruits that can be made into jam are those available in the winter temp farm?). 

5. Conclusion. I think the features and mechanics in this update is good (ie. better than the previous lab and the idea of using greenhouse fruits to produce jam is a good option), but the balancing is really bad, and has not consider the actual damage to the players. I hope the above comments and suggestions could make the changes to the lab to be consider better than the old lab. I look forward to the improvement of features mentioned here the game, and I appriciate the continuous monthly updates, even if there are not much change in some due to limitation of time and/or some features are not useful for me. 
  • Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    edited 09.02.2021
    Lester's tree costs 682,000,000 to upgrade to level 21. Losing the premium feeds has left a large imbalance with continuing on with Lester's tree. 682,000,000 will be nearly impossible to save up. 

Some body bring the chainsaw!

Almost forgot Matilda's farmhouse academy, this needs 641,204,530 to upgrade to level 25. 

I am afraid I was very stupid, I upgraded labs at the high cost of farm dollars to levels 15, 11, and 10. Since the upgrade, I have tore down the labs on main farm and gourmet farm. Honestly, if tearing down didn't take so long, I would have torn down all 3 farms since most of what I have done is wasted time, farmcash, gold, and effort.

Dismantled Pleasure Park, it took me 6 runs to get set up so I had every gratuity filled, and along come boosters to show me how stupid I was in wasting all that time to set up. 
    Post edited by Just Kar (US1) on
  • bebelusha92 (RO1)bebelusha92 (RO1) RO1 Posts: 50
    edited 10.02.2021
    AHC (US1) said:
    Hello .
    So what happened?

I was told by support that it was a glitch that was "fixed".  IMO, just another thing taken away.  I'll continue to play but I won't be buying gold anymore and eventually will drop my subs.  The players are simply a way for GGS to make money.  As long as there are players willing to spend real money GGS will keep taking.
    Fixed but still doesn't work..And it's so stupid,every good thing gets a bug or just change.  :/ It's very sad how they play with our time/money.
    Post edited by bebelusha92 (RO1) on
  • mutterkjær (SKN1)mutterkjær (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 344
    edited 09.02.2021
     Are there ever going to be some kind of reaction from GGS???  

I am about to loose a very high level member of my coop, who used to be able to do allmost everything in the lab. He was 3 upgrades away from being to able to make gold. Now he is so frustrated, and I agree with him. He has been a steady goldbuyer over the years, but right now has lost every motivation for the game. I think there are a lot of people out there who feels the same way.
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    edited 09.02.2021
    I really think we are just beating a dead horse here!  Sadly!
    Post edited by Fawners (US1) on
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    edited 09.02.2021
    Over the 5 last years , I havent seen any interactions from the development team on the forums

It pretty much always been like that , Im not sure why it seems to offend so much people
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    edited 10.02.2021
    Over the 5 last years , I havent seen any interactions from the development team on the forums

It pretty much always been like that , Im not sure why it seems to offend so much people

@Exxy (INT1)
    it hasn't always been like that. It's explained well here;
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/153942/moderators-communication-ggs-reorganization-help-with-better-communication-expectations

The way I understand it now, is that the development team should respond to the mods who would post the info on the Forum. The mods can only post what they've heard. Since they haven't posted, we assume they have not heard any response.  We have great mods, I believe they would post a reply if they had received one.
    Post edited by Heather Norsk (US1) on
Sign In to comment.