Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Jan Update - The New Year Update [Discussion]

Comments

• Morti (SKN1)Morti (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 485
    Sorry, but I'm well aware that it comes from the orchards, but they do not give enough! Or mine do not, I have three apples and one cherry!

Now I have harvested them three times today and I have got 2 x 30 + 3 x 30 = 150 sugar  the last round gave zero !!

I do not have room for more, maybe I have planned my farm wrong, but I am "only" at level 50 and try to drive with high happiness (operating costs -92%) and not spend (too much) gold money.

I have no special fertilizer and Almonds and Peaches do not give anything.
    If my English is bad, I use Google translate from Danish to English  ;)
  • ALZAKAR (IT1)ALZAKAR (IT1) IT1 Posts: 998
    The scam consists in penalizing the players who have spent to have that particular thing and then the owner of the game takes it away
    3 laboratories, I made blue duck feed, I made algae, with the new modification of GGS I have demoted the laboratory and I can't do the same things I did before.
    moreover with the new laboratory, demoted, I do the same things as the seed pot, practically a duplicate
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    @Morti (SKN1)

Yes you will need multiple orchards to get enough sugar :)

With this new change , i removed 15 fertile fields to add 9 more orchards :)
  • Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    Right now catalysts are part of the CC/ML rewards as well as doing the first mission of the day and activating a farm machine.
    What is the ML ?
  • Morti (SKN1)Morti (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 485
    And by the way, here came a special flask

• Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    Right now catalysts are part of the CC/ML rewards as well as doing the first mission of the day and activating a farm machine.
    What is the ML ?
    Masters league
  • Spurgiukas (INT1)Spurgiukas (INT1) INT1 Posts: 235
    I'm not scientist but still made an experiment. And here is the result. Harvested my apples 3times in a row just for you. have 15 orchads,                                                                                            

still dont know why I did this,

but all I can say its a luck how much you will get. more orchads you have, more will get. 
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    Instead of farms with cows and ducks etc we can just have lots of orchards and call it GGS Jam Factory :)
  • How about give us our farm lab back the way it was.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Two points of clarification from reading your posts

- Sugar drops from apples, cherries, peaches, and citrus. Not almonds or olives. 
    - The boat asks for jam whether you have a jam factory or not

BugsBunny, ChickadeeQuilter and myself are still gathering all the feedback and passing it on

So basically what you are saying is, if you don't want to build the jam factory you're screwed. You will never be able to send to boat ever again.
    Not quite today I got to load my boat - no jam :)
    same here Data, 2nd time for me, next will more then likely need 3 Jam product
    and wouldn't you know it - we have to get that Jam Factory up a few levels before we can even begin to make some of the jam the boat now asks for :(
  • papyjohn (US1)papyjohn (US1) US1 Posts: 0
    i want the old lab back...i think i spent enough on this game only for you to take it away from me....now i can no longer make premium feed.....like i said...i spend alot here and either i want reimpursed of im DONE 
    I was told that feed for the red and / or blue ducks was on sale this afternoon
  • Would GG consider reverting the labs back to their original purpose but needing the catalysts (which can not be bought, only earned) to produce ?
    I am thinking we will start seeing gold deals for catalysts soon - which makes me think this lab change is just another way for ggs to get gold  :(

That will be so sad for newcomers I think. 
    I totally agree 
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    edited 01.02.2021
    An interesting trick, for those that are focusing on Jam :)

You can use Seaweed Greenhouse Humus x1 On Ordinary seeds

It makes Seaweed Greenhouse Humus fairly good in my book now :D

Well, nevermind

For Rose hips , it uses 2 

For Black Berries and Pineapples , it uses 5 

For Elder Berries , it uses 1

Still , I had 9.2k Seaweed Greenhouse accumulated, its gonna be useful :)

• Dvroh (US1)Dvroh (US1) US1 Posts: 17
    Have any of you higher level farmers upgraded the new jam/jelly factory to the max? I'm a lowly 98 level farmer, and have only upgraded it to level three, so can produce, in order, apple, cherry and peach. I'd be curious when I can produce blackberry, and Capt. Barnacle is asking for it. 
  • I, too, have been waiting patiently for a few days to see if GGS shows any sign of really "caring" about their players.
    Weekend or not, it doesn't seem to be the case.
    While I'm lucky in not having lost any co-op members (yet), most of my players are pretty upset. Several have mentioned that it's not really worth playing anymore.
    Now I'm just a tiny cog in a big money-making wheel, so GGS obviously won't care, since I cannot buy gold.
    Some of my co-op members do, but we're not big spenders. But we have all worked hard on our farms, because we enjoy the strategy, and we have done well in certain events.
    Now Labs sit idle, Barnacle's boat sits idle, horses sit idle, and folks are getting frustrated.
    I agree with so many others here... people play games because they are fun and relaxing. And the more fun people have, the more likely they are to open their wallets.
    I understand the need for any company to make money, but there are good ways and bad ways. Taking away things people worked and paid for is a "bad" way.
    I still hope that someone on the GGS management team will grow a brain cell, but I doubt it.
    Many online games have "died" over the years, and it looks like this is the future of Big Farm. One can only wonder why developers "kill" their own games, but they must have their reason us "peasants" don't know.
    I'm not even going to add my voice to those asking for things with the Lab to be changed back or tweaked in a way that makes them functional again, because it won't serve any purpose to ask people who don't listen.
    We'll wait a few days more. After that I cannot blame members if they go look for games that are more fun and still seem to care about players. We love our co-op, we can always go build a guild or group somewhere else and still remain a "family".
    Pity, GGS and Big Farm. You had a good thing. You killed it.
  • I have been building and upgrading jam factories 24/7 since reading @Exxy (INT1)'s first post.

L1 Apple
    L2 Cherry
    L3 Peach
    L4 Pineapple
    L5 Rose Hip
    L6 Blackberry
    L7 Elderberry
    L8 Apricot
    L9 must have just reduced the amount of ingredients as there are only 8 jams, will have to pay attention when the next factory gets this far
  • And by the way @Exxy (INT1), thank you for your positive attitude at a time when most players including myself have been very negative  :)
  • momoftheyearmomoftheyear US1 Posts: 1
    The Jam factory is interesting I guess.  I wish the boat wouldn't ask for the highest level jam on the VERY first day of the update, especially since every level takes SOOOO long to upgrade.  But I'll get there and get back to being able to load the boat eventually.

The Farm Lab, on the other hand, STINKS.  I'm so disheartened that I don't really want to play much.  I spent millions of dollars to be on level 11 so that I could make premium feeds, seaweed feed, and premium fertilizer.  Now I can only make special seeds?  Which I can already make in the nursery?  That's crap.  And it costs MILLIONS more to get to the level I need to make the feeds.  Totally awful choice on the part of GoodGame.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 01.02.2021
    Why does the "repeat" button no longer work like it used to?  It changed after the update.  I did not see that in the update notes.
  • IvyRaven (DE1)IvyRaven (DE1) DE1 Posts: 134
    What could I add that wasn't uttered or screamed by you, fellow gamers, before?
    The Farm Lab is #%/^#(&^)(^#^/&^)^(^%#)%)^%^%^#=!!! And no, I'm not going to invest (again!) millions of dollars to get back to producing premium stuff. I had leveled up to duck feed!
    Now I try to get used to normal feed and hope to win some premium or super feed every now and then.
    Thanks to a "green" farm with many deco and happiness it's only a loss of them level stars, so going up a level... sunflowers are my new friends.

And the jam? I so liked it at first. And came to hate Barnacle for askin' Jam I could not produce before next week!
    Means no horseshoes for me. Means not training the horses...

Yeah, man. So great this Upgrade. Tell you what, mates. Not gonna spend a penny for gold ever again.
    Not when GGS can easily rob me from all things I had build so far.
  • Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    Still staring at 3 empty labs. It's pretty bad when the "forgotten" cat tree benefits you more than a lab.  
    the laboratory must be returned to the conditions of producing the same products prior to the modification of the GGS
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    And by the way @Exxy (INT1), thank you for your positive attitude at a time when most players including myself have been very negative  :)

It is nice to get a few tips for going forward.

If there are people here that are really affected by this and need to fix their farm up you are welcome to join our co-op.  All our research is done and we don't play the CC or the other stuff unless a person wants to.  Most people just work quietly on their farms.  None of us are interested in being the number 1 co-op etc.

Only rules I have is no inappropriate chat cause I am sure we have minors and if you want to play anything cc you can't get mad if others don't want to play.  Yes that is how lax we are.

If you are interested send me a PM and I can send you an invite.  I am on the US1 server.
    edited 02.02.2021
    I, too, have been waiting patiently for a few days to see if GGS shows any sign of really "caring" about their players.
    Weekend or not, it doesn't seem to be the case.
    While I'm lucky in not having lost any co-op members (yet), most of my players are pretty upset. Several have mentioned that it's not really worth playing anymore.
    Now I'm just a tiny cog in a big money-making wheel, so GGS obviously won't care, since I cannot buy gold.
    Some of my co-op members do, but we're not big spenders. But we have all worked hard on our farms, because we enjoy the strategy, and we have done well in certain events.
    Now Labs sit idle, Barnacle's boat sits idle, horses sit idle, and folks are getting frustrated.
    I agree with so many others here... people play games because they are fun and relaxing. And the more fun people have, the more likely they are to open their wallets.
    I understand the need for any company to make money, but there are good ways and bad ways. Taking away things people worked and paid for is a "bad" way.
    I still hope that someone on the GGS management team will grow a brain cell, but I doubt it.
    Many online games have "died" over the years, and it looks like this is the future of Big Farm. One can only wonder why developers "kill" their own games, but they must have their reason us "peasants" don't know.
    I'm not even going to add my voice to those asking for things with the Lab to be changed back or tweaked in a way that makes them functional again, because it won't serve any purpose to ask people who don't listen.
    We'll wait a few days more. After that I cannot blame members if they go look for games that are more fun and still seem to care about players. We love our co-op, we can always go build a guild or group somewhere else and still remain a "family".
    Pity, GGS and Big Farm. You had a good thing. You killed it.

I congratulate you on having expressed in a simple way the feelings of many players, I find it touched, sweet and extremely melancholy, this fully expresses my thoughts against this tyrant who is called GGS

• Benicia (AU1)Benicia (AU1) AU1 Posts: 63
    edited 02.02.2021
    Good morning all........... I think patience is in very short supply at present for pretty much...well everyone. We will probably find it hiding out with the rare catalyst. I have not used any of my labs since this new up date when I burned through the catalyst I had (10k) in a matter of hours.
    I like many many MANY others paid gold to upgrade my labs (plural) I could make rare catalyst, horse shoes, all premium feeds etc, certainly not as high as other farmers but high enough for what I needed.
    I do not like or play the village (you make no farm $) I do not like the horses (again no farms $ to be made) I love just farming, not market gardening, I love the stables. I work in a stressful job (yes as many)  full time, I look forward to coming home and sitting for a little while destressing :smiley: if there is such a thing.
    But now a very vital component of my farm that I BROUGHT and PAID for has be taken away, and I am unable to play the way I CHOOSE to? in the manner that I enjoy, could you please enlighten how many time must I pay for the same thing?

**** there is another thing as well, why after months and months of our nagging about not getting benny's collectable's are we getting them ad nauseum, people were getting banned from the forum for continually asking about them..............now we have then coming out our wazoo? is this a ploy to drag billions and billions of dollars out of us ? its worked by the way:(
    Post edited by Benicia (AU1) on
  • The Best King (INT1)The Best King (INT1) INT1 Posts: 883
    edited 02.02.2021

I'm already running out of fruit sugar!! 
    So how many orchards do I need to make the jam?

Is it just me, or are other Americans disappointed that ours is not called "Frugtsukker" ?  What a name!

You get it from orchards.  I barely get an adequate amount.  I thought (based on the announcement) that it would drop all orchards, but it only drops from cherries or apples.  I have never seen it drop from peaches, almonds, citrus or olives.   If it did drop from those, it would be more than plentiful
    @gavinfarms (US1) @Morti (SKN1)
    Not sure if it's already been posted by someone else, but here's a little bit of info about fruit sugar.

1) Apple, cherry and peach orchards can all drop fruit sugar, as well as citrus groves.
    Olive groves and almonds orchards Cannot drop fruit sugar.

2) As far as i'm aware, there is no 100% chance of fruit sugar dropping from any orchard/grove, they have drop rates of fruit sugar that are <100%.

3) Short fert's/liquid fert's can drop fruit sugar (i think, not 100% sure), when used on apples, cherries, peaches or citrus groves, although they inevitably drop a lesser amount.

4) The drop rates that i've observed so far are: Apples (30), Cherries (100), Peaches (120), Citrus groves (50).

5) There does seem to be a smaller chance of dropping fruit sugar in 3x the normal amount, so for this smaller chance of a higher drop rate Apples would be 90, Cherries 300, Peaches 360, and citrus groves 150 (i've seen the 3x amount drop from the above buildings except citrus groves).

Hope this helps a bit :)
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967

I'm already running out of fruit sugar!! 
    So how many orchards do I need to make the jam?

Is it just me, or are other Americans disappointed that ours is not called "Frugtsukker" ?  What a name!

You get it from orchards.  I barely get an adequate amount.  I thought (based on the announcement) that it would drop all orchards, but it only drops from cherries or apples.  I have never seen it drop from peaches, almonds, citrus or olives.   If it did drop from those, it would be more than plentiful

Not sure if it's already been posted by someone else, but here's a little bit of info about fruit sugar.

1) Apple, cherry and peach orchards can all drop fruit sugar, as well as citrus groves.
    Olive groves and almonds orchards Cannot drop fruit sugar.

2) As far as i'm aware, there is no 100% chance of fruit sugar dropping from any orchard/grove, they have drop rates of fruit sugar that are <100%.

3) Short fert's/liquid fert's can drop fruit sugar (i think, not 100% sure), when used on apples, cherries, peaches or citrus groves, although they inevitably drop a lesser amount.

4) The drop rates that i've observed so far are: Apples (30), Cherries (100), Peaches (120), Citrus groves (50).

5) There does seem to be a smaller chance of dropping fruit sugar in 3x the normal amount, so for this smaller chance of a higher drop rate Apples would be 90, Cherries 300, Peaches 360, and citrus groves 150 (i've seen the 3x amount drop from the above buildings except citrus groves).

Hope this helps a bit :)
    Thank you for sharing this with players. You have been helpful! :)
  • Barb66 (US1)Barb66 (US1) US1 Posts: 57
    Yes, we are looking at players' posts and are taking notes so we can forward the Moods, the suggestions/requests to the Team. But we ask for patience as communications up and down the chain do take some time.   :)<3
    You're correct, Chickadee Let's wait patiently :).
    I'm waiting. I've been playing for almost 5 years. Not inclined to play much longer based on the January changes. So sad. I have many virtual friends here.
  • AHC (US1)AHC (US1) US1 Posts: 36
    Would GG consider reverting the labs back to their original purpose but needing the catalysts (which can not be bought, only earned) to produce ?
    I am thinking we will start seeing gold deals for catalysts soon - which makes me think this lab change is just another way for ggs to get gold  :(

Didn't you know???? It's all about lining their pockets.   They never change anything in the players favor.
Sign In to comment.