Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Jan Update - The New Year Update [Discussion]

Comments

• maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436

What I would like now, is a clarification on 2 things:
    - is it right that the nurserys will no longer have any purpose ??
    - if so, and water is no longer needed, will GGS then change all rewards and mystery boxes containing water ??

Edit: 
    - you will also NOT need the seeds for growing anymore - so maybe the good idea is for GGS to change the rewards and mystery boxes to give catalyst´s in stead - bacuse this is and will be the great need for most players 

I am going to keep my nurseries for now because they use different ingredients.  If one didn't have any catalysts then you can at least use the nursery.  I am going to wait until I see how this all works on my farm before I demolish anything.
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    I am waiting to see how GGS react to our reactions. They may yet adjust some things back in our favor.
  • I am waiting to see how GGS react to our reactions. They may yet adjust some things back in our favor.
    after 3 day's any reaction? i guess no reaction at all
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    edited 31.01.2021
    Nurseries will still be a viable option to produce the special seeds.  With the Lab update, you now have another option to make those special seeds. :)

And like I said before these things take time.  We have to give the Team time to read our reports, analyze the situation, and then communicate back to us.  So let's all be patient.  Thanks. :)
  • Qizara (US1)Qizara (US1) US1 Posts: 49
    CHANGE THE LAB BACK!!!!!!!
  • ChatCat (US1)ChatCat (US1) US1 Posts: 2
    1. I can not even find any rare catalyst.  I feel like I have wasted a ton of time and gold.
  • whiziwig (US1)whiziwig (US1) US1 Posts: 1,262
    Would GG consider reverting the labs back to their original purpose but needing the catalysts (which can not be bought, only earned) to produce ?
    We will let you know when we know. For now we must be patient until we hear back from the Team.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    This discussion was created from comments split from: farm laboratory.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 02.02.2021
    I'm already running out of fruit sugar!! 
    So how many orchards do I need to make the jam?

You get it from orchards.  I barely get an adequate amount.  I thought (based on the announcement) that it would drop all orchards, but it only drops from cherries or apples.  I have never seen it drop from peaches, almonds, citrus or olives.   If it did drop from those, it would be more than plentiful
    Post edited by RosyStarling on
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 01.02.2021
    Nurseries will still be a viable option to produce the special seeds.  With the Lab update, you now have another option to make those special seeds. :)

And like I said before these things take time.  We have to give the Team time to read our reports, analyze the situation, and then communicate back to us.  So let's all be patient.  Thanks. :)

I am trying to be patient, but I have been out of catalyzer for two days. 

People keep telling me where I can get 40 catalyzer here or there.....which is perfectly lovely.....except that I need 4-5 thousand per day, to make the lab function as before.
    Post edited by gavinfarms (US1) on
  • FuriousFarmer07 (IN1)FuriousFarmer07 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 783
    edited 02.02.2021
    I'm already running out of fruit sugar!! 
    So how many orchards do I need to make the jam?

You get it from orchards.  I barely get an adequate amount.  I thought (based on the announcement) that it would drop all orchards, but it only drops from cherries or apples.  I have never seen it drop from peaches, almonds, citrus or olives.   If it did drop from those, it would be more than plentiful
    I think we can get it from Greenhouse too.
    Post edited by RosyStarling on
  • Would GG consider reverting the labs back to their original purpose but needing the catalysts (which can not be bought, only earned) to produce ?
    That's an excellent idea to me. It will be so nice if it was like that. :smiley:
  • maybe they want to normalize game. now, players  going reduce enourmous amounts of stabels, orchads and etc to be able to keep farm running.  then I starded playing it was a norm to keep happines as high as possible, but with lets say free premium feed and fertilizers you kinda dont need now any decorations only money making stables and etc. so for new players or players who is not willing to buy gold its is hard to compete with gamers having 20-30 cowsheds or smth 

I feel update is ok. Yes, I too invested in my labarabory some coins, but still not mad.  for me its not going to change anything, maybe level will not rise up so fast after time. but not going to loose money without premium feed, game gives oportunities to make money from other things and  keep money growing. 
  • we need more catalysts available or else the labs are of little use, I have upgraded mine to where they were before but realise there's not enough catalysts available. I donated shedloads to the xmas event to win a pathetic supposedly top deco, a stupid green footballer,really shot myselfin the foot there.
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 01.02.2021
    maybe they want to normalize game. now, players  going reduce enourmous amounts of stabels, orchads and etc to be able to keep farm running.  then I starded playing it was a norm to keep happines as high as possible, but with lets say free premium feed and fertilizers you kinda dont need now any decorations only money making stables and etc. so for new players or players who is not willing to buy gold its is hard to compete with gamers having 20-30 cowsheds or smth 

I feel update is ok. Yes, I too invested in my labarabory some coins, but still not mad.  for me its not going to change anything, maybe level will not rise up so fast after time. but not going to loose money without premium feed, game gives oportunities to make money from other things and  keep money growing. 
    I don't see very many players will delete what they have spent gold on to win such as cows etc just to run the farms like ggs wants them to, if ggs didn't want farms run this way they should have sorted it years ago, Players will just leave rather than delete stuff ! That's on GGS not the player, it is disgraceful how they treat their players no wonder loads have left the game or hardly playing.  
    edited 01.02.2021
    we need more catalysts available or else the labs are of little use, I have upgraded mine to where they were before but realise there's not enough catalysts available. I donated shedloads to the xmas event to win a pathetic supposedly top deco, a stupid green footballer,really shot myselfin the foot there.
    I did exactly the same thing, 4 days i have not been able to make any prem feed. GGS could have took time out to tell players what the plan was way before Christmas, i agree there isnt enough catalysts around to be able to keep the labs going they are now pretty useless but you know whats coming i will bet on it, they will add offers to buy catalysts for gold.
  • I could be wrong, I hope not, I sent my boat out this morning & for the 1st time since the update it didn't need any Jam products, has GGS given us a honeymoon period until we get a chance to do a few upgrades, level 3 to 4 was 8 hours, the next few will be a lot longer.
    It would be a sign of good faith on their part 
    Mine wants jam this morning. Yesterday it wanted THREE lots of jam. I haven't upgraded my factory that far yet so I didn't bother with the boat yesterday. I usually try for the 100% but not always the bonuses as I tend to hang on to the products I'm collecting to fulfil contracts and I'm not that into the horse racing so I can do without the horseshoes. That's how I play. I quite like the event farms so I can buy all the greenhouse seeds I need. I don't need them putting into the lab and I prefered being able to make special feed. What I don't get is why they have to rush everything so much. Bringing the jam in before most of us had even built the factory. Asking for three lots of jam on the second or third day. Well I do know - you can do it easy if you use gold.

• Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    I am waiting to see how GGS react to our reactions. They may yet adjust some things back in our favor.
    after 3 day's any reaction? i guess no reaction at all
    The update was made before the weekend. They've only just got back to the office about four hours ago.
  • Jasist2 (INT1)Jasist2 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 140
    From my experience, I don't think the drop rate of fruit sugar is 100%. Does someone recorded their drop rate of fruit sugar in apples or cherry orchard?
  • Spurgiukas (INT1)Spurgiukas (INT1) INT1 Posts: 235
    edited 01.02.2021
    I believe,more orchads you have, more sugar you get... just checked, geting 30 sugar from every apple orchad, have 17 of them 

• Kitty Reed (US1)Kitty Reed (US1) US1 Posts: 109
    While you decide if these changes are so great maybe swap some rewards like ugly skins and sunflower seeds 
    and many others that are stuck in our inventories.. but that may be asking to much.. Huh ?
    Labs sitting doing nothing now as you might have heard by now .Sure would like some feedbacks sooner then later. 
  • I believe,more orchads you have, more sugar you get... just checked, geting 30 sugar from every apple orchad, have 17 of them 

I too got the same number of sugar from apples.
  • Jasist2 (INT1)Jasist2 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 140
    I mean that we are going to get fruit sugar when harvesting orchards, but not every harvest. I know it is 30 sugar per apple and I don't know how much on cherry normally, but 10 sugar when I use speed fertilizer. So how frequently do they drop? 
  • Would GG consider reverting the labs back to their original purpose but needing the catalysts (which can not be bought, only earned) to produce ?
    I am thinking we will start seeing gold deals for catalysts soon - which makes me think this lab change is just another way for ggs to get gold  :(

I am thinking we will start seeing gold deals for catalysts soon - which makes me think this lab change is just another way for ggs to get gold  :(

That will be so sad for newcomers I think. 
  • Nurseries will still be a viable option to produce the special seeds.  With the Lab update, you now have another option to make those special seeds. :)

I wonder how long it takes them to thing up changes, implement, and balance test.  
  • Spurgiukas (INT1)Spurgiukas (INT1) INT1 Posts: 235
    no no, they just gonna add a building or something were you will be able to make these catalyst or how they are called. 
    Right now catalysts are part of the CC/ML rewards as well as doing the first mission of the day and activating a farm machine.
    For the last 4 days i have managed with constant collecting of everything on all farms got 10 rare catalysts not even enough to make any duck feed !
Sign In to comment.