Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Jan Update - The New Year Update [Discussion]

Comments

• BJs (US1)BJs (US1) US1 Posts: 189
                What Thu Crock pot of burnt butter beans, Is going on here - SO  was this new lab so gosh darned needed to be fixed - Oh its the Coders - well the coders cant fix the log in problems to the forum - Yet we have been assured that we are being listened to and that it will be fixed soon -(  Said back in the midst of the year 2020 ) and it looks like they cant fix a non-broken Farm lab. We are told that what is said is being sent to the Big Wigs - I believe that some of it is - I also believe that those who read it may have dumbed it down to the next tier up - or some one in the upper office's are blind and def. I see it is not a good idea to advocate rebellion - SO I will try to be sociable - It has been said 1.432 billion times in the forums that if you stop buying gold the def can here and the blind can see -  I am thinking of all the broken or misfiring things that can and ( SHOULD have been fixed )  the farm lab was not on that list - Now it is. - Why or better yet how is this supposed to be better - I think for every 1 poster here = at least 100+ players that feel the same. SO the three or four poster that sees this as a positive or it is nothing to get over = 300 to 400 players in game - Gavin has been pretty smart and I think he speaks for Multi hundreds that cant post here - I speak for at least 80 that I know of - This Up  grade is wrong on many levels to the point it is insulting and is like a slap in the face. I had three leave my Group this day with all saying these words "due to the upgrade this morning I am quitting the game" -( I know I know they said it different but those words were in all three text - ) If they did or not they quit the CoOp - How do I explain this to the ones waiting for there leader to explain what to do next or how to proceed. - I will use the ole Wait and see what happens - Will GGS listen. Or are we all expected to become good little Communist farmers and work towards the good of the GGS. Or can we expect some sort of acknowledgement and or an compensations and a roll back might just be what is needed for the time being. Farm lab up date is crappy -  Lets roll it back for later and fix the counters - the boosters and for criminy's sake lets fix the Forums login and get some Mods in over to the Italy forum. - Just sayin 

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Has anyone tried demolishing their Jam Factory to see if the Barney Boat will quit asking for jam?
    Yep & guess what yep he want more the next time lol
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    BJs (US1) said:
                I think for every 1 poster here = at least 100+ players that feel the same. SO the three or four poster that sees this as a positive or it is nothing to get over = 300 to 400 players in game - Gavin has been pretty smart and I think he speaks for Multi hundreds that cant post here - I speak for at least 80 that I know of - This Up  grade is wrong on many levels to the point it is insulting and is like a slap in the face. 

I can admit that this update is not really going to affect me much.  The only thing I am really upset about is the premium fertilizer.  And I never built my lab beyond the premium feed and fertilizer.   

With that said I do realize that some here have put a significant amount of money into the farm lab and you know, I think you should get money back or at least put everyone where they were instead of making them put even more money into it to get there.   Just because I am not overly upset about this update doesn't mean that I don't sympathize with those that are.  People have a right to be upset.
  • debj (GB1)debj (GB1) GB1 Posts: 157
    Having played this game for quite a number of years now, the negative consequences of this unexpected update are not surprising ... rather irritating and annoying like groundhog day in a way ... but I guess in the long term we will adapt as usual. 

However, the issue with the boats asking for new products immediately and to the level you can build has been a known complication from many updates in the past, and as everything is interconnected it causes more than just the immediate issue of not being able to fill the boat. Also for farms that are well developed finding the space to add the factories and then get the workers is not a quick task. Previously for this sort of situation GGS would have give at least 48 hours double speed construction time to lessen the impact. 

Then we come to the lab. Dreadful change. How completely unexpected this change was was not good customer relations especially in a strategic game. Catalysers are currently not provided in enough quantity to keep the labs active and at the moment I cannot see how my will be ever able to support 3 labs. The fact that the cost of upgrades has been reduced is very welcome, but $ compensation should have been given to those who had already built them. However, my principal use of labs was actually for the drop rates particularly with weekly events and WWC ... now there is nothing. 

On that point of drop rates for WWC ... originally this event was designed to give points for everything that is done on your farm. Then there was no drop points with the dairy (thankfully added later), but there are also no drop points for the mine when producing ore or harvesting the trees in the horse area ... now there are no drop points for the labs or the jam factory. There seems to be an increasing trend of lack of WWC points being given on new additions. 

You may also want to change the text for the fruit sugar because it only appears on orchards on main not on all orchards. I am nervous over the fruit sugar in that given how much jam is being asked for I do not know whether the orchards on main alone with the greenhouse will be able to fulfil demand. Only time will tell on that point. 
  • Has anyone tried demolishing their Jam Factory to see if the Barney Boat will quit asking for jam?
    Yep & guess what yep he want more the next time lol
    I have tried too. Its good. 
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    Two points of clarification from reading your posts

- Sugar drops from apples, cherries, peaches, and citrus. Not almonds or olives. 
    - The boat asks for jam whether you have a jam factory or not

BugsBunny, ChickadeeQuilter and myself are still gathering all the feedback and passing it on
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    I cancelled my subsription.

If I am going to run out of good feed  there is no need for the repeat harvester.
    I'll slow down and do less missions.
    Not quite ready to quit the game yet but that is only because of the Co-op.
  • CyberJohn (RO1)CyberJohn (RO1) RO1 Posts: 643
    edited 31.01.2021

- Sugar drops from apples, cherries, peaches, and citrus. Not almonds or olives. 

BugsBunny, ChickadeeQuilter and myself are still gathering all the feedback and passing it on

So basically what you are saying is, if you don't want to build the jam factory you're screwed. You will never be able to send to boat ever again.
    Post edited by CyberJohn (RO1) on
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 31.01.2021
    all my farm as gone into polish or something ????

sorted i had to log out and back in again, i was in build mode and when i came out of build mode it was like that.
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    I encourage you all to keep posts on topic: "The January Update" which mainly includes the Lab rennovations, Donkey Dwelling and the Jam Factories. Thank you.  :D
  • Joybells (US1)Joybells (US1) US1 Posts: 36
    Positives:  Thanks for the donkey dwelling.  It will free up some space for more houses or decorations.  I like the jam factory and think it will be a money maker when it is upgraded.  It adds a new strategy to the game, which in some ways has become mundane.

Negatives:  The lack of notice!!  it would have been nice if we could have built the jam factory and produced some items before the ship asked for them.  I opened my ship to see that it wanted 2 kinds of jams. So, my ship sat there in the harbor wasting time.  There is no way to describe the disappointment over the lab.  I don't understand why we would want to produce special seeds until level 16.  First, we can produce most of those seeds through the nurseries, and secondly we win many of those through the events.  I have built my labs to produce the premium feeds and fertilizer.  As of now, they have been idle since the update.  I will wait to see what decision is made before demolishing anything.

The saddest part of the update is the number of people in my coop that have decided this is "the last straw".  They are planning to leave the game entirely.  

Finally, thanks to the Mods who have sifted through hundreds of comments and listened to the rants.  
  • Jashe (INT1)Jashe (INT1) INT1 Posts: 51
    Hi Folks,

I have been reading a few of the posts here in regard to the latest updates that GGS has implemented into the game and I also looked at the various updates that have been implemented over a period of time recently and have realized that this was supposed to be a game which a person played and enjoyed playing it and wanted to play it more often. With the updates coming in, it seems that the Organizers of this game have made it into something that is not a game anymore, there isn't any fun in playing the game anymore, its become a business, just like almost everything else in this world, which started out as good, clean and healthy, becomes over a short period of time, something that has lost the joy that it had in it. In this game, in order to stay in the game your farm(s) need to keep growing and for that you need to spend time and effort to make it happen, this does not matter so long as its fun doing it, when the fun goes out of it and you realize that everything now is centered around money, in whatever form, then the understanding dawns that this game has also gone the way of so many things that were good in life. Down the drain.....

Recently we had an update / upgrade to the Horse Ranch with various Building being added, a few trees provided and a load of stumps which a player needed to grow in order top generate the produce that came from the trees which was supposed to help in the horses in the competitions, I wonder how many of players (farmers) here have been able to use this to their advantage???

Now with this latest update / upgrade, one of the items spoilt is the Laboratories. They were fine before, now it takes tons of cash to upgrade and a player needs a lot of catalysts in order to grow special seeds and these catalysts don't just fall into ones lap. In the beginning I thought the lab was a good improvement, I could get a lot more Special Seeds, now without the catalysts I cant do a thing.

Like this there are other changes made in this update which has caused a lot of unrest in the farmers (players) here. I hope that the Decision makers, Organizers, GGS, or whatever they call themselves now-a-days, start considering what the players (farmers) are saying because, to be very truthful, we are the bread winners of this game!! This is the status of my Lab presently.

An Unhappy Jashe
    @Exxy (INT1)

Can you please explain to us simple minded farmers what are the strong points of the Jam Factories which according to you out beats the rest of the updates like in the labs and all.

I sure would like to know.
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    edited 31.01.2021
    Pro's

Well, to make it short , Dollars

They are giftable , repeatable , profitable 

They also appears in contracts

Lab's cost to upgrade is now much more reasonable/workable

Lab's speed is now pretty fast

You can now make a lot of special seeds of all kinds

You will be able to create unique boosters in the later stages

We can probably only run 1 Lab now ( and saves you 25 squares on 2 different farms )

If u have never really invested gold on Nurseries , you can probably remove them on all 3 farms now , and save you 35 squares on each of 3 farms

Jam factories are buildable as soon as level 40

Con's

Not gonna be able to use premium all the time 

Minor loss of XP

Those, who had invested lots of dollars on Labs , suffered a sheer loss of investment

Level of lab needed to produce premium is now a little higher than before

Catalyst's quantities rewarded seems not enough overall

The boat on the main farm can now ask for Jam

I think i summed it a bit

Feel free to tell me if i missed anything?

• Bruce04 (US1)Bruce04 (US1) US1 Posts: 198
    We hear from ggs over and over that what they do is to "balance" the game.

There is no balance when they keep adding gold boosters to every event. The events are totally out of balance now - I must think that ggs sits around thinking how they can come up with more ways to get us to spend gold.

Balance in the game has nothing to do with their decisions.
    If this is called balancing, then they need a new scale!
  • mutterkjær (SKN1)mutterkjær (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 344
    edited 31.01.2021
    Hi everyone - I still think that it is NOT OK to just take away some opportunities that I have allready bought and I hope that GGS somehow will compensate for that.

Now I have had the time to really dig into this new lab, and I must say it is not at all that bad - here are some of my findings:
    - time used to upgrade the lab is less than ½ hour 
    - the price to do that has lessened very very much - though it is still expensive
    - for each upgrade you unlock multi new opportunities, not just one
    - you can produce f.x 72 Barley special seeds in 1 hour - using the nursery to do the task gives you 1 special seed in 45 minutes - so time and drop rates have really really gone up
    - meaning that you can tear down the nurserys, and therefor no longer need water 
    - meaning that you don´t need 3 lab´s but can do with one

What I would like now, is a clarification on 2 things:
    - is it right that the nurserys will no longer have any purpose ??
    - if so, and water is no longer needed, will GGS then change all rewards and mystery boxes containing water ??

Edit: 
    - you will also NOT need the seeds for growing anymore - so maybe the good idea is for GGS to change the rewards and mystery boxes to give catalyst´s in stead - bacuse this is and will be the great need for most players 
    Post edited by mutterkjær (SKN1) on
  • , even if it would be to replace them with the same amount needed of certificates 

NO. NONONONO!!!!! YOU might have gazillion certificates but MOST players do NOT have those to spare! Don't give them dumb ideas. There's already too many dumb ideas in this whole thread as is. 
    Sheesh.....!
    @Exxy (Int1)

Thanks for your input in regard to Jam vice-a-versa Labs. I still think that the labs are a good idea, but you need so many Catalysts to produce Special Seeds and Special Seeds are important to have, especially during CC's when a player wants to use the Special Seed along with Seaweed Humus and get a much more higher yield and these seeds are for all the crops grown. Jam can (if I am not mistaken) only be used in the boat.

Anyway, I hope that GGS thinks up some better ways of us getting catalysts.

Let's see how it goes.

mutterkjær (SKN1) 

I like what you have mentioned above in regard to the labs, gives a clearer picture, but it still comes down to having Tons of Catalysts, with them, shorter time frame to produce special seeds and a lot more of them during that shorter period.

• The Drifter (US1)The Drifter (US1) US1 Posts: 243
    When GGS first came out with the labs, right after doing away with most GMLs as prizes in events. I think is when their thoughts and mission on the game changed for the worst. Just sayin
  • BJs (US1)BJs (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    Ok - I see some things that bother me - If you give up your nursery to make seeds then you will be 100% reliant on the lab. On many farms the lab will be a limited feature  only being able to support 1- You may find the need often to produce more than 1 item at a time. The nursery makes the labs need for seed production redundant If as we have been told up leveling the lab it will activate multi goods with each up level- well level 13 only gives 1 item level 14 only gives 1 item in fact until level 16 you get 1 maybe 2 items unlocked and those are already unlocked in the nursery - when you get to level 16 you get multi items of blue goodies that most have had unlocked in the lab already same as level 17 - Even if the amount of $$ and or gold is reduced to get to those levels - These dues have already been paid with a  substantially larger amount of time and $$ or gold.  This is pure poor substantial economic development. Swapping the first tier of seeds for the second tier is it really going to help that much to get to the place of the blue goods - I do see that we are looking down the road at new feeds and tree food that will out do even seaweed powered feed and tree feed - I guess Im more dumbfounded by the way this all happened more than I am understanding what it is offering - More superduper feeds so the more those without the means can be tromped over in the competitions - or increase there reliance on gold  - instead of time and strategy.  Or just by chance make them want those things so bad they will find the way. Sometimes in my life I have understood Greed - I have knowledge of Strife, and wishing for a better way  - I never expected to experience this in an fictional setting of a farm game -

• we have no place to make special feed for our cows and ducks PUT IT BACK THE WAY IT WAS MOST OF THE PLAYER'S ARE QUITTING  i know ggs doesn't care but i've used a lot of gold on the farm and now you have ruined it this is fraud and dowm right dirty to do this to loyal players no one will join when they find out what ggs ia all about
  • domino666 (INT1)domino666 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 79
    I don't like the change for the blue feed, katzators  needed to produce blue stuff, hate it, and i don't like it to be forced to play cc or masters or any event to get k'zators to be able to produce small amount of blue feed, no joy in playing now anymore, is very boring, never mind the gold used to upgrade lab, pfffffff, i know u will take away benefits of expensive mayans too, u already are, only thing i see is people leaving, stop playing, or play way less, last few days, nice, Stockmarket Stillfront Suits, almost no reason left to pay and or to play :((
  • Morti (SKN1)Morti (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 485
    I'm already running out of fruit sugar!! 
    So how many orchards do I need to make the jam?

• chami (AU1)chami (AU1) AU1 Posts: 186
    I agree with most of the comments here, you cannot do such a drastic change without prior notice and without a compensation. Players spent for labs coz of it's production, and sadly you haven't given any respect to that. Please change the lab back to it's previous version. Thank you.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994

So basically what you are saying is, if you don't want to build the jam factory you're screwed. You will never be able to send to boat ever again.
    Not quite today I got to load my boat - no jam :)
  • george3 (AU1)george3 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 411

Not quite today I got to load my boat - no jam :)
    same here Data, 2nd time for me, next will more then likely need 3 Jam product
  • All the farms out there that use premium feed to allow them to have less or no deco's did have an advantage fair or otherwise it wont worry me as I like to my production cost down, however if will affect the "big hitters", who have extra production sites in lieu of deco's , but it was their choice to do so. And being pragmatic it was an imbalance but one that most if not all players took advantage of ! I cant see the big hitters destroying stables to put in deco's , we may lose them , better for the rest of us , but I do wonder how many of these players buy gold , maybe G.G. has done an analysis, who knows, either way its a game changer ( pardon the pun).
        But trying to be positive perhaps Big farm could introduce a secondary mill ( factory ) just for the production of premium feed using certs or some other medium as has been suggested?
    But this change to the farm lab has affected all of us and does warrant action
    Ghost who walks.
  • The Best King (INT1)The Best King (INT1) INT1 Posts: 883
    edited 31.01.2021

, even if it would be to replace them with the same amount needed of certificates 

NO. NONONONO!!!!! YOU might have gazillion certificates but MOST players do NOT have those to spare! Don't give them dumb ideas. There's already too many dumb ideas in this whole thread as is. 
    Sheesh.....!
    Fair enough, but i think it's not too bad of an idea, if you had to replace the use of catalysts with some other farm good, what would you choose?

And plainly removing the catalysts altogether from the lab is not an option ;p

• ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    I'm already running out of fruit sugar!! 
    So how many orchards do I need to make the jam?

Do you realize that the sugar comes out like collectibles when you harvest your fruit trees and when you harvest the Greenhouse using the special greenhouse seed? Just a thought! :)
  • BigTJ (US1)BigTJ (US1) US1 Posts: 20
    The labs the way they are are useless. Please return the labs for the premium items back the way they were.I rely on the premium items to run my farms. GGs just keeps taking things from the farmers. Does everyone realize what we have lost the ability to do since GGs's 911. In 9/20 GGS changed our clocks so we lost the reduced time in the LAB,BAKERY, GREENHOUSE, DAIRY, NURSERY, HORSE TRAINING, MINE, MERMAID BAY & DOCKYARD. We are also no long able to do a zero time upgrade using 2 clocks together. Now we;lose the Lab for our premium feed Very bad upgrade if you ask me. When I can no longer feed my stables or fertilize my orchards with premium I have in store. I quit the game & move to another one that is more concerned with fun for the player instead of huge profits for the GGs
Sign In to comment.