Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Jan Update - The New Year Update [Discussion]

Comments

• BugsBunny said:

Welcome to the International Forums, we are passing all the feedbacks you guys provide to the team :)

Best Wishes,
    Bugs Bunny
    and now hope that they realize that they have once again done a stupid action and will learn from it!
    but I have my doubts
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436

Fair enough, i'm not saying that this update will not impact anyone, but since you've been playing this game for years, don't you have any idea's on how you could fix this problem, besides trying to get the update reversed?

As i said before, considering your pretty high level, your farm and the years you've been playing bigfarm, can you really not figure out a solution, even if that includes just biting the bullet of farm costs if that's the way you want to go?

Anyway, i really do hope that you farm doesn't have to shut down (not hyperbole) be impacted too much lol :)

Let's clear this up.  I have been playing for 8 years.  I have friends in the game.  I am not here solely because of the delightful game structure.  This game has gone through ups and downs over the years.  At several points, I thought it was a goner.  I keep a PC in the corner of the room.  I whisk by for 5 minutes here or there. 

Second.....do I have ideas?  Yes, I do.  I was one of the very first players.  The developers used to contact us a lot.  There are literally functions and features in this game that came from suggestions by me and others in 2013, 2014, 2015.  The are features in this game that I use (and you use) every day, that came from a suggestion by me.  Other features....I can name the farmer that suggested it.  I actually lobbied hard for the creation of the lab in the first place, over 6 years ago.  GGS does not talk to players anymore.  The forum is all but dead.  I never see GGS in here talking to anyone.  They need to do this.

As to the lab.......the game has developed over time, into a game where premium feeds are used daily.  Maybe this was not supposed to be the case, BUT IT IS the case.  We cannot recreate the world, because it developed in a way that was imperfect.  Just on cows, it would cost me over 700k per day to start them with regular feed.  They just added boosters to the regular HW and the fish HW.  I need millions in boosters daily for almost every event.  My farm is big.  My farm does throw off a lot of cash, but it is not enough.....and that is ridiculous.  The removal of premium feed via the lab.......DOES ACTUALLY MEAN that in a few days, I have to start farming less.

I do not oppose the changes to the lab entirely.  The menus are better, etc.  But the catalyzers needed to make feeds are absurd.  I have collected them, unused for years, and used them all up in less than 2 days.

To leave this as it is now......would be the largest slap in the face, to the farmers who support the game, that has occurred in these last 8 years.  They could just remove the catalyzers or make them take only 1 catalyzer, but this current setup is a joke.  If GGS leaves it this way, I will be the biggest insult that I can imagine.  To rebuild, remove, and rearrange my farm to deal with this, would take several years of build time. 

This must change, or farmers (who buy gold and subscriptions), are going to lose trust in GGS.  There must remain a basic amount of trust between user and developer, in order for the game to prosper.  If GGS does not remedy this, it will say to me, unequivocally, that GGS is not concerned about that relationship or the long term viability of the game.

Thank you @gavinfarms (US1) for your post as it really sums things up in here.  I miss those days in 2013, 2014 and 2015 when we were treated like members (a person) and not a credit card (a number) with GGS.  I am remaining hopeful that GGS will adjust the labs with the catalyzers and make them more readily available to win; not purchase with gold please GGS.  Thank you to the Mods for responding, as this is what we need in a very frustrating time.  
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    Well since yesterday mornings update i have got 3 labs sat doing nothing, im not doing missions as this will use up the small amount of prem feed i have left, so another boring day sat looking at the farm with not much to do, i shall go and play another game and just pop on now and again to put my boats out and collect when done for the dollars. Game as been spoilt ! I dont see why i should have to pay again to get back what i had already upgraded to the point of being able to do prem feed. I think if they dont set it so that those who already could make it can continue from there i shall not be returning.
  • I'm no longer playing the game.  I'll be checking this forum and will return to the game once the premium feed is restored.
  • ALZAKAR (IT1)ALZAKAR (IT1) IT1 Posts: 998
    BugsBunny said:
    Hello everyone, I thank the English friends for the cordial hospitality, on the Italian forum there are no more MOD so the answers are also missing.
      they downgraded the agricultural laboratory with all the money spent to expand 3 laboratory to the algae, now useless, this is a scam, a trivial troop but still a scam
    Now I have to riampliare to, maybe get back what I already had, DOES IT seem RIGHT DEAR GGS ????
    thanks for listening

Hey @ALZAKAR (IT1)

Welcome to the International Forums, we are passing all the feedbacks you guys provide to the team :)

Best Wishes,
    Bugs Bunny
    thanks mod :)
  • CyberJohn (RO1)CyberJohn (RO1) RO1 Posts: 643
    I don't even have the jam lvl to produce and the boat is asking for 3 slots of jam.    3. and my labs are sitting on idle doing nothing because the  lack of materials. 👌👍🤢

• CraigDad (US1)CraigDad (US1) US1 Posts: 15
    the lab update is totally worthless ,and a complete sham. al that work for nothing.
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    And now horses sit idle as well while we try to upgrade the jam factory between upgrading houses for more workers.  They obviously did not look at the "downstream" effect of this sudden change.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • kikkara (SKN1)kikkara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 10
    I suggest that the first and second catalyst recipes swap places with each other, so feed, fertilizer, etc. would be first and special seeds then.
    With first-class feed, lower production costs and special seeds can be made for the nursery, with the exception of special special seeds that the adventurer brings to if he remembers. 
  • george3 (AU1)george3 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 411
    I'm sorry everyone, an ice-cream dog has a better chance of catching a asbestos cat in an Australian bush-fire then GGS reversing this act of stupidity.
    It's easy to upgrade the Labs & Jam factory, all you need is a really big of gold (the reason for most upgrades), maybe have a think about mortgaging the house, selling your car or getting a 2nd job (sorry I was being flippant) 
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    And while we are at it........

Not getting paid for items on Pleasure Park, is insane.  I know many farmers who avoid this event altogether.  They simply cannot give away tens of millions in free crops.  We get payed when we balance them on the new airplane event.  We should get paid for the crops donated on Pleasure Park.  If they did that, it would be competitive again.  Right now, I am in the top 20, without very little effort, because no one will do this event, without getting paid for their items.

This is such an obvious need and not even hard to fix.  If you need proof that GGS is not listening, you need look no further than this.  It has been mentioned over and over on the forum, and nothing has happened, and the event has become uncompetitive as a direct result.
    For proof, I can show you :

And also, after supplying an item, you can see the dollar flying.

You are correct.  I was mixing up the Pleasure Park, with the dairy items that get donated to the organic market on the third tab.  It is those products that we do not get paid for and lose millions on.  We get tokens, but a token of 100 sunflowers is not worth the loss of millions.

We still need a fundamental recognition by GGS, that the lab must be adjusted.
    Jam question:

Has any user done a profit analysis, as to which jams are the most profitable per hour?
  • The Jam factory ; ok something new, we will adapt , not to worried about it horse racing is now too convoluted to do much anyway will take years to update and I find it of no worth, ( i used to enjoy it).I was told 5 years ago that the main purpose of the farm lab was to help us get rid of excess produce while doing events; missions and or projects: It was integral to being efficient. otherwise we would just sell everything, plus had the added effect of being able to store more feed and fert,(barns being what they are).In short I find the change to farm lab using only catalysts to be retrograde not upgrade. If the farm was a real one and this type of sabotage occurred  one would have to consider selling it and finding another interest. But it is not real and it purpose is to entertain and provide enjoyment to its investors. We were promised a new farm ( Volcano ) since been axed could we please have something fun and beneficial instead of draconian and Circumscript !
  • RocketOz (AU1)RocketOz (AU1) AU1 Posts: 15
    edited 31.01.2021
    I think because of the\is much of critical comments, GGS will make the Farm Lab as it was earlier.
    I dont think they are that smart
    I definitely know their not smart, I awoke this morning to needing 3 different jams to fill my boat, Im not ever going to upgrade it again just to satisfy some one from GGS.
    Post edited by ChickadeeQuilter on
    Mistake for GGS to fix.

The new Winter Fruit plantation that switches from Citrus to Olives.......

The amounts of honeydew are wrong.  On level nine, it would have to be above 31.  And it is only 14.
  • Taji (US1)Taji (US1) US1 Posts: 52
    edited 31.01.2021
    I'd like to make two suggestions for GGS to consider.
    1. Jam Factory- remove jam from any/all contracts until March 1st. This gives farmers a chance to build, upgrade & stock up a bit. Jam can also be sold to help pay for Jam Factory & Lab upgrades. 
    2. Lab- Move the special seeds to the second tab (or last!) & the feeds/fertilizers to the first tab, levels 1-15. This should restore most labs back to previous production levels/capabilities. Do not ask for catalysts, or perhaps 1per, until March 1st, giving farmers a chance to accumulate items & adjust. (The amount of catalysts asked for now needs to be reconsidered, too.)
    This would not reverse anything, just make things a bit more fair. It also doesn't cover all of the issues this nightmare of an update has created but I do think it would help farmers to have an adjustment period after such drastic changes.
  • Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    edited 31.01.2021
    Day 2, labs empty...sure I can make special seeds but I don't need special seeds. I get special seeds in every event we do, plus I used my nurseries. I have thousands of special seeds.

3 empty labs, last night I posted after 5 hours I could make 10 duck feed, well I can still only make 10 duck feed. 

Whoever came up with this idea obviously does not play the game. 

Oh yeah and let's not forget they set the boat to ask for Jam before any of us even knew there was such a thing as a Jam Factory. Total Fail!!!
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    Mistake for GGS to fix.

The new Winter Fruit plantation that switches from Citrus to Olives.......

The amounts of honeydew are wrong.  On level nine, it would have to be above 31.  And it is only 14.
    Are you talking about the Lab?
  • We hear from ggs over and over that what they do is to "balance" the game.

There is no balance when they keep adding gold boosters to every event. The events are totally out of balance now - I must think that ggs sits around thinking how they can come up with more ways to get us to spend gold.

Balance in the game has nothing to do with their decisions.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    GG admins, thought I'd share this tidbit.
    I am a member of three coops.  The one on the US server is a HUGE coop.  And many members have been paying for memberships.   They have been trying to get me to join in for some time now but over the years I've watched far too many blunders done to this game to merit paying for it.  They are fine with non paying members who play so that's all good.

BUT.... with this latest lab change, NO ONE over there is happy.   And now?  They are encouraging people to STOP paying for membership.   I almost wish I had been just so I could quit.  

This latest blunder really hurts though.  I really do rely on the premium feed.  Keep labs going non stop on main, gourmet and flower farms on all three of my big coop farms.  This has got to be THE SINGLE DUMBEST thing GG ever did.  And I've been playing since your second year in existence. And especially after the new diamond buildings let us cram even more production on the farms, making standard feed to keep up is going to be darn near impossible and a whole lot more expensive.  

So today I left all three coops with a notice that I will likely go in the red... I need to walk away from this for a bit.
    I made friends here so this won't be forever, but you all sure took the fun out of this game.
    When I return, and eventually I will, (ever hopeful someone over there will realize how stupid this is and fix it.)

Anyway my plans?  When I come back to this?
    1.  Forget completely about the stupid horse farm.  I won't be able to send the boat for horse shoes anymore.  Not even half full the last time, every line asked for jelly.  So guess that's a done deal.  No more training, and seriously, the racing is lame and doesn't produce much in the way of reward.   I can let the whole thing go.

2.  Kinda nice since I already found out what a total BORE the temp farms are and almost never play them. I could send the boat half full and get something even if I was out of a special seed.   But now?  I couldn't fill one line.  HALF of it's requests were for jelly.   I seriously doubt I'll even attempt to fill the boat anymore. Since I won't worry about sending the boat on it's way, I sure won't have to EVER do a temp farm again. YEA.

3.  Another perk, since packing in as many farm animals as I can into diamond buildings is no longer a good goal to have, guess I won't need to upgrade what I bought so far.   That's ok since the dream farms are every bit as boring as the temp farms.   Won't have a need for that now either.

4.  Lastly I'm pretty sure I will simply bulldoze all the labs on flower and gourmet farms.  I'll let my main farm labs sit since I already paid SO MUCH to upgrade them.   Again in hopes someone over there pulls their head out of their own butt and fixes this mess.
    Or not.... most times you don't.   That's ok too.  I spend way too much time on this game.  This is a surefire good plan to reduce my time on here.

You all took the fun away.    Nice job GG. 
  • Anmarie (HU1)Anmarie (HU1) HU1 Posts: 55
    The boat was asking for jam before I even built it,
  • Jam question:

Has any user done a profit analysis, as to which jams are the most profitable per hour?

I'm pretty sure it's pineapple jam, while some others jams produce more per production, pineapple jam only takes 22 minutes to produce so makes more money per hour :)

Fair enough, i'm not saying that this update will not impact anyone, but since you've been playing this game for years, don't you have any idea's on how you could fix this problem, besides trying to get the update reversed?

As i said before, considering your pretty high level, your farm and the years you've been playing bigfarm, can you really not figure out a solution, even if that includes just biting the bullet of farm costs if that's the way you want to go?

Anyway, i really do hope that you farm doesn't have to shut down (not hyperbole) be impacted too much lol :)

Let's clear this up.  I have been playing for 8 years.  I have friends in the game.  I am not here solely because of the delightful game structure.  This game has gone through ups and downs over the years.  At several points, I thought it was a goner.  I keep a PC in the corner of the room.  I whisk by for 5 minutes here or there. 

Second.....do I have ideas?  Yes, I do.  I was one of the very first players.  The developers used to contact us a lot.  There are literally functions and features in this game that came from suggestions by me and others in 2013, 2014, 2015.  The are features in this game that I use (and you use) every day, that came from a suggestion by me.  Other features....I can name the farmer that suggested it.  I actually lobbied hard for the creation of the lab in the first place, over 6 years ago.  GGS does not talk to players anymore.  The forum is all but dead.  I never see GGS in here talking to anyone.  They need to do this.

As to the lab.......the game has developed over time, into a game where premium feeds are used daily.  Maybe this was not supposed to be the case, BUT IT IS the case.  We cannot recreate the world, because it developed in a way that was imperfect.  Just on cows, it would cost me over 700k per day to start them with regular feed.  They just added boosters to the regular HW and the fish HW.  I need millions in boosters daily for almost every event.  My farm is big.  My farm does throw off a lot of cash, but it is not enough.....and that is ridiculous.  The removal of premium feed via the lab.......DOES ACTUALLY MEAN that in a few days, I have to start farming less.

I do not oppose the changes to the lab entirely.  The menus are better, etc.  But the catalyzers needed to make feeds are absurd.  I have collected them, unused for years, and used them all up in less than 2 days.

To leave this as it is now......would be the largest slap in the face, to the farmers who support the game, that has occurred in these last 8 years.  They could just remove the catalyzers or make them take only 1 catalyzer, but this current setup is a joke.  If GGS leaves it this way, I will be the biggest insult that I can imagine.  To rebuild, remove, and rearrange my farm to deal with this, would take several years of build time. 

This must change, or farmers (who buy gold and subscriptions), are going to lose trust in GGS.  There must remain a basic amount of trust between user and developer, in order for the game to prosper.  If GGS does not remedy this, it will say to me, unequivocally, that GGS is not concerned about that relationship or the long term viability of the game.

You make some good points there, and i do agree with you and other people that if ggs could reduce the number of catalysts needed or remove them entirely, even if it would be to replace them with the same amount needed of certificates or something, that would be great.

Nevertheless, while i understand your position and i feel your pain, there is a balance to everything and nothing's perfect.

And i think that we much accept that we stand on opposite ends of the spectrum regarding this update, you, at the end that is most severely impacted and who, quite normally, wants the update reversed and me, at the end that is almost the least impacted by this update and even stands to gain something by it not being reversed.

And so, we are in an unwinnable argument, as both of us are right.

In ending, i hope this all get's resolved with as little total damage as possible, whether they change the lab, reduce the production costs or something else entirely, and i truly wish you the best of luck and hope that you get to keep playing bigfarm :)

• deputy22 (US1)deputy22 (US1) US1 Posts: 2
    Please do away with the duplication of seeds in the lab and nursery,  start it where it originally did that way farmers would not have to start from scratch.  
  • AHC (US1)AHC (US1) US1 Posts: 36
    Does anyone honestly think that GGS listens to us or cares one bit?   They are in it for the money we foolishly spend.  The so called improvements in the game are all meant to vacuum more money out of our pockets.  It's pretty obvious they could care less what the players think.  As long as people are spending real cash any complaints are a reason to sit around having coffee and laughing.  I've been here 2 yrs and I will play until I run out of stuff.  Then, if nothing changes, I will find something else to do.  I'd be amazed if we were compensated.
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    edited 31.01.2021
    Jam question:

I'm pretty sure it's pineapple jam, while some others jams produce more per production, pineapple jam only takes 22 minutes to produce so makes more money per hour :)

You make some good points there, and i do agree with you and other people that if ggs could reduce the number of catalysts needed or remove them entirely, even if it would be to replace them with the same amount needed of certificates or something, that would be great.

Nevertheless, while i understand your position and i feel your pain, there is a balance to everything and nothing's perfect.

And i think that we much accept that we stand on opposite ends of the spectrum regarding this update, you, at the end that is most severely impacted and who, quite normally, wants the update reversed and me, at the end that is almost the least impacted by this update and even stands to gain something by it not being reversed.

And so, we are in an unwinnable argument, as both of us are right.

In ending, i hope this all get's resolved with as little total damage as possible, whether they change the lab, reduce the production costs or something else entirely, and i truly wish you the best of luck and hope that you get to keep playing bigfarm :)

I do not believe that @gavinfarms (US1) had said to reverse this change.  I know that I would like to see the change "revamped", such as gavinfarms has indicated, to better accomodate us old timers that have customized our farms to a full production.  Once again, staying hopeful that GGS will do the right thing.
  • RocketOz (AU1)RocketOz (AU1) AU1 Posts: 15
    Ok so now they have taken out ferts and things for the adventurer's boat for me today I only had 1 type of puzzle piece.
    They really are"fill in the word that best describes as I don't want to be warned again" I will however go to total PC mode and find alternate words.
  • Has anyone tried demolishing their Jam Factory to see if the Barney Boat will quit asking for jam?
    5 minutes after the upgrade the boat asked for 2 kinds of jam - I didn't have any jam factory, so I think we are stuck with the boat asking for jam whether we have that factory or not.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    The main issue I have there is that GGS changed the behaviour of some building in a negative way that does not have the previous benefits that we paid to upgrade it with. If they had refunded our previous laboratory upgrades and had made us start the laboratory upgrades from scratch, there would still be issues but at least we would have not had the behaviour of some feature of the game severely downgraded without receiving any compensation for it.

Of course, not being able to produce premium produce does lead to other various issues, such as increased production costs and not being able to save up premium produce for Santa's workshop. But personally, I'm more concerned about the issue in the above paragraph. They are extremely likely to repeat this type of behaviour again and again.
Sign In to comment.