Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Jan Update - The New Year Update [Discussion]

Comments

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273

Fair enough, i'm not saying that this update will not impact anyone, but since you've been playing this game for years, don't you have any idea's on how you could fix this problem, besides trying to get the update reversed?

As i said before, considering your pretty high level, your farm and the years you've been playing bigfarm, can you really not figure out a solution, even if that includes just biting the bullet of farm costs if that's the way you want to go?

Anyway, i really do hope that you farm doesn't have to shut down (not hyperbole) be impacted too much lol :)

Let's clear this up.  I have been playing for 8 years.  I have friends in the game.  I am not here solely because of the delightful game structure.  This game has gone through ups and downs over the years.  At several points, I thought it was a goner.  I keep a PC in the corner of the room.  I whisk by for 5 minutes here or there. 

Second.....do I have ideas?  Yes, I do.  I was one of the very first players.  The developers used to contact us a lot.  There are literally functions and features in this game that came from suggestions by me and others in 2013, 2014, 2015.  The are features in this game that I use (and you use) every day, that came from a suggestion by me.  Other features....I can name the farmer that suggested it.  I actually lobbied hard for the creation of the lab in the first place, over 6 years ago.  GGS does not talk to players anymore.  The forum is all but dead.  I never see GGS in here talking to anyone.  They need to do this.

As to the lab.......the game has developed over time, into a game where premium feeds are used daily.  Maybe this was not supposed to be the case, BUT IT IS the case.  We cannot recreate the world, because it developed in a way that was imperfect.  Just on cows, it would cost me over 700k per day to start them with regular feed.  They just added boosters to the regular HW and the fish HW.  I need millions in boosters daily for almost every event.  My farm is big.  My farm does throw off a lot of cash, but it is not enough.....and that is ridiculous.  The removal of premium feed via the lab.......DOES ACTUALLY MEAN that in a few days, I have to start farming less.

I do not oppose the changes to the lab entirely.  The menus are better, etc.  But the catalyzers needed to make feeds are absurd.  I have collected them, unused for years, and used them all up in less than 2 days.

To leave this as it is now......would be the largest slap in the face, to the farmers who support the game, that has occurred in these last 8 years.  They could just remove the catalyzers or make them take only 1 catalyzer, but this current setup is a joke.  If GGS leaves it this way, I will be the biggest insult that I can imagine.  To rebuild, remove, and rearrange my farm to deal with this, would take several years of build time. 

This must change, or farmers (who buy gold and subscriptions), are going to lose trust in GGS.  There must remain a basic amount of trust between user and developer, in order for the game to prosper.  If GGS does not remedy this, it will say to me, unequivocally, that GGS is not concerned about that relationship or the long term viability of the game.

• gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 30.01.2021
    And while we are at it........

Not getting paid for items on Pleasure Park, is insane.  I know many farmers who avoid this event altogether.  They simply cannot give away tens of millions in free crops.  We get payed when we balance them on the new airplane event.  We should get paid for the crops donated on Pleasure Park.  If they did that, it would be competitive again.  Right now, I am in the top 20, without very little effort, because no one will do this event, without getting paid for their items.

This is such an obvious need and not even hard to fix.  If you need proof that GGS is not listening, you need look no further than this.  It has been mentioned over and over on the forum, and nothing has happened, and the event has become uncompetitive as a direct result.
  • And while we are at it........

Not getting paid for items on Pleasure Park, is insane.  I know many farmers who avoid this event altogether.  They simply cannot give away tens of millions in free crops.  We get payed when we balance them on the new airplane event.  We should get paid for the crops donated on Pleasure Park.  If they did that, it would be competitive again.  Right now, I am in the top 20, without very little effort, because no one will do this event, without getting paid for their items.

This is such an obvious need and not even hard to fix.  If you need proof that GGS is not listening, you need look no further than this.  It has been mentioned over and over on the forum, and nothing has happened, and the event has become uncompetitive as a direct result.
    @gavinfarms (US1) I think I'm getting paid for giving items to Pleasure Park. This is my first event and I am going really good in it. 

• Fair enough, i'm not saying that this update will not impact anyone, but since you've been playing this game for years, don't you have any idea's on how you could fix this problem, besides trying to get the update reversed?

As i said before, considering your pretty high level, your farm and the years you've been playing bigfarm, can you really not figure out a solution, even if that includes just biting the bullet of farm costs if that's the way you want to go?

Anyway, i really do hope that you farm doesn't have to shut down (not hyperbole) be impacted too much lol :)

Let's clear this up.  I have been playing for 8 years.  I have friends in the game.  I am not here solely because of the delightful game structure.  This game has gone through ups and downs over the years.  At several points, I thought it was a goner.  I keep a PC in the corner of the room.  I whisk by for 5 minutes here or there. 

Second.....do I have ideas?  Yes, I do.  I was one of the very first players.  The developers used to contact us a lot.  There are literally functions and features in this game that came from suggestions by me and others in 2013, 2014, 2015.  The are features in this game that I use (and you use) every day, that came from a suggestion by me.  Other features....I can name the farmer that suggested it.  I actually lobbied hard for the creation of the lab in the first place, over 6 years ago.  GGS does not talk to players anymore.  The forum is all but dead.  I never see GGS in here talking to anyone.  They need to do this.

As to the lab.......the game has developed over time, into a game where premium feeds are used daily.  Maybe this was not supposed to be the case, BUT IT IS the case.  We cannot recreate the world, because it developed in a way that was imperfect.  Just on cows, it would cost me over 700k per day to start them with regular feed.  They just added boosters to the regular HW and the fish HW.  I need millions in boosters daily for almost every event.  My farm is big.  My farm does throw off a lot of cash, but it is not enough.....and that is ridiculous.  The removal of premium feed via the lab.......DOES ACTUALLY MEAN that in a few days, I have to start farming less.

I do not oppose the changes to the lab entirely.  The menus are better, etc.  But the catalyzers needed to make feeds are absurd.  I have collected them, unused for years, and used them all up in less than 2 days.

To leave this as it is now......would be the largest slap in the face, to the farmers who support the game, that has occurred in these last 8 years.  They could just remove the catalyzers or make them take only 1 catalyzer, but this current setup is a joke.  If GGS leaves it this way, I will be the biggest insult that I can imagine.  To rebuild, remove, and rearrange my farm to deal with this, would take several years of build time. 

This must change, or farmers (who buy gold and subscriptions), are going to lose trust in GGS.  There must remain a basic amount of trust between user and developer, in order for the game to prosper.  If GGS does not remedy this, it will say to me, unequivocally, that GGS is not concerned about that relationship or the long term viability of the game.

I totally agree with you, @gavinfarms (US1) as I think GGS should interact with players all around the world. It will surely help in the development of the game.
  • FuriousFarmer07 (IN1)FuriousFarmer07 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 783
    edited 30.01.2021

For proof, I can show you :

And also, after supplying an item, you can see the dollar flying.
    Post edited by FuriousFarmer07 (IN1) on
  • Theodor5 (SKN1)Theodor5 (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2
    I can only agree with FamerKimber and others that the Farm Laboratory update really sucks. We should really be compensated by CGS in some way, in either gold invested or real money--lots of claims of "money back", correctly adressed, could maybe get them to reconsider? To what adress and in what way would those need to be sended? It would be even better, of course, if the old rules for the lab were simply to be restored. This is a very transparent scam, a rule change which completely invalidates many players' investments both in money and in time. Just like was said before--the CGS should be made to understand that we are people, not blips on a computer screen. Well said!
  • Theodor5 (SKN1)Theodor5 (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2
    I can only agree with Bugs and Karen Kay. Indeed, the Farm Lab "upgrade" is the most pathetic one that I, certainly, have seen. Karen Kay has every reason to feel cheated. The CGS should be made to understand that they cannot expect people to invest gold and time in working for upgrades whose yields are suddenly changed from one day to the next.
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    edited 30.01.2021
    @Theodor5 (SKN1)

Hi Theodor you posted in a thread from 2016 when the laboratory was totally different so I have moved you to this thread discussing the new update which includes the changes to the laboratory
  • build that jam making thing, selling production will cover expenses using simple feed 

• Buongiorno. sono Bruna gioco sul server Italia1
    Scrivo anche sul vostro forum a proposito del nuovo laboratorio agricolo.
    Una vera truffa da parte della GG$, siamo stati defraudati del tempo e del denaro che abbiamo speso per arrivare ad avere un laboratorio che produca almeno fino al mangime e al concime premium.
    Mi sono decisa ad inviare anche qui le mie lamentele (non sarei l'unica, ma da noi non tutti riescono ad entrare nel forum, altra cosa che non quadra) perchè sul nostro forum i mod sono latitanti.
    Nessuno risponde e nessuno si interessa di quello che diciamo sul forum

Grazie della vostra pazienza 
  • I translated what you said @creazionibruna (IT1). You must wait for some time as mods are sharing our compliments to GGS team. 
  • Kitty Reed (US1)Kitty Reed (US1) US1 Posts: 109
    Message to Exxy 
    You are funny! You ever get the feeling you are being out voted on this subject of cats labs and jams ?
    Get your head of the sand and start listening to people that are paying for this game and the ones that just want to relax after a hard day.. will you ? Your comments are a joke .
    @creazionibruna (IT1)

Translation
    Good morning. I'm Bruna game on the Italia1 server
    I also write on your forum about the new agricultural laboratory.
    A true GG $ scam, we have been robbed of the time and money we spent to get a lab that produces at least up to premium feed and manure.
    I decided to send my complaints here too (I would not be the only one, but not all of us are able to enter the forum, another thing that does not add up) because on our forum the mods are fugitives.
    Nobody responds and nobody cares what we say on the forum

Thanks for your patience

This is an English language forum so could you please use English in future here :)

Questo è un forum in lingua inglese, quindi potresti usare l'inglese in futuro qui :)
    As  @BugsBunny and @ChickadeeQuilter have already said we are noting all your comments and we are most definitely passing them on!
  • killua25 (IT1)killua25 (IT1) IT1 Posts: 748
    I translated what you said @creazionibruna (IT1). You must wait for some time as mods are sharing our compliments to GGS team. 

dear adhvaith

I'm also from the Italian server.

the moderators are hiding there and no one responds. I subscribe point by point to everything you said about the English forum. The updating of the agricultural laboratory has caused enormous damage. we of the Italian server did not even know that it would happen since the moderators have not posted anything about updates on the forum since December. I ask that someone intervene to be able to fix both things in the Italian forum where in addition to not being the moderators, many are not even able to access the Italian forum.

also like all of you I would like the good game to review everything on this update of the agricultural laboratory. I already had to undergo the advertisement update. this of the agricultural laboratory is too much.

• @killua25 (IT1)

Please refer to the Mod News Bulletin. You can see everything about updates there. And as you can clearly see, @RosyStarling had posted about the update on Wednesday.
  • Teabreak (SKN1)Teabreak (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 3
    I'm new in this game, and just got alle 3 farmlabs to a level making premium food enogh to follow all the old players! Now GGS have taken my oppertunity til follow.......... Som of my friends in coop have over 100.000 food for chicken. They can run for ever. I dont have a chance now.

Then theres til problem with bootercoins i have set on premium. These coins can be useless due to this change. I cant mowe them and the plan of using them on premium at use food after what task i'm playing is gone.

GGS have taken a oppertunity from me to play and follow big players. I dont care what other people say. For me it's like stealing candy from kids at the playgrowned. GGS has stollen my oppertunity to be a part of the game against plays rank 500+. Sow simple is that.

Otherwise is it totally madness to make this jam production and then sending a boat to me needing 3 types of jam before getting jam production up running!!! I cant make any shoes for at a long time intil my jam is at top level. And i cant train any horses until im able to sent fuld ships away again.....

GGS why dont ask us what we need instead of just pulling alot of things down our head all the time??????
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    @killua25 (IT1)

Please refer to the Mod News Bulletin. You can see everything about updates there. And as you can clearly see, @RosyStarling had posted about the update on Wednesday.
    I think Killua is saying that most servers have their own forum for their language and now the Italian forum is not giving information about updates so they have to use the English forum now. I just checked the Italian forum and there haven't been any announcements since December 18, so it's concerning that some forums are not receiving much information about what is going on and that they have to use other forums which don't use their main language.

Where did you get this from??? We have been paid 100% of the selling price of our items since the second run of this event.

I think more players would be interested in the event if we could get the country manor each time the event arrives again. But then again, I think many players are not interested in it, like not seeing it as an important event or being too complicated.
    @killua25 (IT1)

I think Killua is saying that most servers have their own forum for their language and now the Italian forum is not giving information about updates so they have to use the English forum now. I just checked the Italian forum and there haven't been any announcements since December 18, so it's concerning that some forums are not receiving much information about what is going on and that they have to use other forums which don't use their main language.

I was referring to what this news does not appear on the Italian forum. we are now abandoned on the Italian forum.

among other things, many Italian players have not managed to enter the Italian forum for some time

@killua25 (IT1)

the news was posted on the English forum but not in the Italian forum.

• creazionibruna (IT1)creazionibruna (IT1) IT1 Posts: 474
    edited 30.01.2021
    I didn't think about writing in English, sorry Thanks for understanding
    @killua25 (IT1) It is all the forums that are having difficulties logging in, not just the Italian

We are expecting the issue to be fixed soon

Your Italian colleagues are welcome to post here but please keep to the English language
    edited 30.01.2021

@killua25 (IT1) It is all the forums that are having difficulties logging in, not just the Italian

Your Italian colleagues are welcome to post here but please keep to the English language

As you can see, I am writing in English.
  • Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    edited 30.01.2021
    A thought to take to the team.

We were only able to participate in coop challenge after coop challenge due to farm cash we saved by making premium feed in the labs. We are not given ANY time at all to recoup any resources between events.

It is event, after event, with a booster added for everything. These boosters take a huge chunk out of the farm cash and the more the team takes away from us the more I avoid gold use.

If they continue to change things by taking things they provided us, away from us, they are going to lose a lot of players. 

Personally I am disgusted and having a very hard time wanting to support a game that robs you and has such little regard for the players. 

Shady business!!!

As you can see, I am writing in English.
    Yes you are :) , I meant if your Italian colleagues wish to use our forum they need to remember we are English only
  • Daisy53 (US1)Daisy53 (US1) US1 Posts: 14
    I have two totally useless labs now!! I hate the upgrade when it destroys other aspects of the game!  Most likely I will quit playing!  Just taking the fun out of everything!
  • ALZAKAR (IT1)ALZAKAR (IT1) IT1 Posts: 998
    edited 30.01.2021
    Hello everyone, I thank the English friends for the cordial hospitality, on the Italian forum there are no more MOD so the answers are also missing.
      they downgraded the agricultural laboratory with all the money spent to expand 3 laboratory to the algae, now useless, this is a scam, a trivial troop but still a scam
    Now I have to riampliare to, maybe get back what I already had, DOES IT seem RIGHT DEAR GGS ????
    thanks for listening
  • bantry (GB1)bantry (GB1) GB1 Posts: 21
    edited 30.01.2021
    For me personally, the thing i will miss about the labs is the unlimited stock i could make.:((
    The barns don't hold much on normals.
    i tried the 3 labs out for seeds which i don't need as that's what nurseries are for.
    catalysts ran out.. No way am i going to upgrade labs to use last of catalysts
    just so they can run out and labs will be on empty.

if ggs don't fix this, i will have no choice but to demolish labs, which i have treasured for unlimited stock.

Shame on you ggs, for ruining such a good product ...

Leader of Pastures New.
  • BillJohn (US1)BillJohn (US1) US1 Posts: 78
    My first impression of the update was a feeling of making me start over in the game.  Going on 4 years of very active play to get certain parts of the farms built up and have the progress taken away seemed most unfair.  Unless I'm missing something, my labs are no longer useful to me until they get upgraded, and can no longer keep the captain happy for horseshoes.  I imagine there are other aspects of this update I haven't had to to explore and determine the impact.  My sense is this update was rushed with no consideration of how the changes would impact the playing community, and initial feeling is the update has made the game considerably worse for the players and will result in a loss of members in the playing community.  Many seem to be reducing their playing time in the past couple of months due to burnout with so much going within the game as it is impossible for those that hold a full-time job to be considered for membership in the active coops.  Now the active coops are starting to burnout and some are starting to reduce the events involved in to hold their membership together.  I believe I will wait to see what changes GGS will make to this update, before deciding what I will do.  I do know I feel better when I take more breaks away from the game rather than playing so much, which tells me I need to be playing less and not more.
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    Hello everyone, I thank the English friends for the cordial hospitality, on the Italian forum there are no more MOD so the answers are also missing.
      they downgraded the agricultural laboratory with all the money spent to expand 3 laboratory to the algae, now useless, this is a scam, a trivial troop but still a scam
    Now I have to riampliare to, maybe get back what I already had, DOES IT seem RIGHT DEAR GGS ????
    thanks for listening

Hey @ALZAKAR (IT1)

Welcome to the International Forums, we are passing all the feedbacks you guys provide to the team :)

Best Wishes,
    Bugs Bunny
Sign In to comment.