Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Jan Update - The New Year Update [Discussion]

Comments

• bigez (US1)bigez (US1) US1 Posts: 111
    i see no mods ringing in on this
  • i see no mods ringing in on this
    no just removing unwanted but true comments last 5 minutes 2 comments vanished
  • AngelAcuteAngle (US1)AngelAcuteAngle (US1) US1 Posts: 76
    edited 29.01.2021
    As with most things, this update was a pretty good balance i think.

Obviously no-one can really fault the Donkey dwelling :)

In terms of completing the boat, while i understand that those horseshoes might be important i cannot really sympathize considering that a) i almost never complete/pay attention to the boat and b)  the jam factories could very conservatively produce at least 150M dollars every month.

And of course, give it a bit of time and you'll be able to complete the boat like you've always done while still being able to make some extra jam on the side to sell :)

And last but not least, the lab, AKA "The Big Debacle".

While i do side on the opinion that ggs should give a refund to players that had a developed lab before the update, whether that's by giving them back their money and restarting the lab lvl or refunding them the difference between current and previous lab upgrade prices for each lvl of your lab, i think that the lab change was great.

Of course, you need a higher lvl of the lab to produce premium, and producing items in the lab is greatly restricted because of the use of catalysts, but there are many great parts of the "lab update".

You can produce so many more things, you can get booster tokens without having to even have dairies, which means that under-lvl-150's can use booster tokens, you can produce Q3 (Quality 3) wildflower tokens which haven't been available previously.

You can produce all the new types of seaweed feed (rapid, compound and potent) as well as all types of new booster's.

And you can even produce balloon tokens (at lvl 98)!

Of course, there are a few issues, for people like me that assigned booster tokens to the premium lvl of orchards and will have to switch to using regular fert, it'll be a bit difficult as well as the breakage % won't be as good, but the update was only implemented yesterday, nothing's perfect!

Also, i'm pretty confident that if you (those who're complaining a lot) would spend half the time that you spend complaining trying to make your farm runnable with this new update instead, you'd be able to find at least a reasonable solution :)
    I think you make some good points. Though I do think another adjustment should be that there are a lot more catalysts given out. For example maybe when you harvest fields just like the seed boxes. If a lot more catalysts are given out, especially the rare catalysts which are used for the premium items, then I can see this new lab working to our benefit. This should be in addition to a compensation given to those who had already paid to upgrade their MULTIPLE labs.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    As i said in my last post, i truly agree that players that have already upgraded their lab should get some kind of refund.

What i find hard to believe though, is that some players farm's will actually have to shut down

While i understand that if your farms run in the massive -happiness it will cost you some money to run it, there's still the mermaid bay, the boats, the market contracts, and your stored money and fish/other items to give you enough dollars to at least keep the farm running until you can run damage control and fix your farm.

And that's not counting that a lot of buildings (or almost all of them i think) will give you more money from the selling of the items they produce than the amount of money they take to run.

It is tactful, respectful, and true, to note that, at some point, approximately Sunday - Tuesday, I will be reduced to using only my fields, and not my stables.

To be clear, the Jam factory and the donkey Community, are just fine, but the lab, as is, would shut down my farm.  That is not hyperbole.  Failure to fix this, would, in all likelihood, cause me to quit.  (And I got my 8 year badge today....how ironic).

I was project manager for computer systems on Wall Street.  This is a "work the weekend", "all hands on deck" level of catastrophe.

@gavinfarms (US1)  Considering how advanced/developed/upgraded your farm is, as well as your lvl, i find it very hard to believe that you'll be reduced to using only your fields in aprox. 4 days time.

I don't have all of your farm's data etc. but in this specific case i would have to say that it is hyperbole :(

Unless, of course, the $1200 and $15K needed to put in 1 pigsty and 1 cowshed respectively are bankrupting your farm (that's including cost to produce the feed in the mill though not to buy ingredients, though as long as your fields are still running, you won't need to buy too much cabbage/wheat :)

The vast majority of higher level players depend on premium feed and super feed.  One can argue that maybe the world should not have evolved in this way, but it did.  I will run out of those feeds by early next week.  The expense of starting each cow, duck, and so on, when you add it up, is significant.  It will radically reduce the effectiveness of my farm.  It destroys years of work.

"IF" GGS were to not solve this, it would be a clear signal that they do not understand how the game has evolved or do not care.  It is hard for me to imagine that I would continue to buy a subscription, if they fail to meet this moment.
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    When is GGS going to fix there support page as every time you try and contact support it says sorry technical issue please try later ! also when are they going to fix the issue with buildings sticking through the fences this as been like it for over a year ? Do they know how to fix it ? and when will it be fixed ?

• Had to create new account in game,because I cant login with my original Spurgiukas INT1 to forum
    Just to say:

Relax everyone

this game has no end, so there is no need to hurry to upgrade something, participate in every event ,level up and etc.

after 4-5 years of playing this game with lots of breaks from it, I can say this game upgrade will not affect anything. with or without labaratory noone can compete with gold buyers. so stop trying to be the best in game, better relax and build your dream farm without stress. 

• CraigDad (US1)CraigDad (US1) US1 Posts: 15
    Not happy at all,the update on the lab is worthless and a rip off .Please refund all my gold and farm dollars i was tricked into wasting
  • I'm not spending a fortune upgrading the lab any further. Why should I? I'll get it up to useful level again and you'll change it in some other way so it's useless again.

I HAVE A NURSERY FOR PRODUCING SPECIAL SEEDS!!!

You already ruined Dreamworld for me, and the Horse Ranch. Carry on like this and you've lost a customer.
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    The next step at a guess will be to remove the nurseries or have a new use for them. I'm shocked by this update. I have never been so shocked as for them to rip the heart out of what the labs were originally for. A part of me feels like demolish them but I don't want to do a knee-jerk reaction that I'll later regret. I am also annoyed that I can no longer fully load the ship. I am having trouble finding space for the jam factories.

Yeah I am kind of shocked by this one too.  And I have been playing this game for like 8 years.  I did upgrade my main one to level 17 and I will leave the others alone for now.   If i have to go back to continually making feed then the making special seeds will come in handy.  But I will see how it goes.  It's hard to judge till I see how it is going to work.

The reaction here is not as bad as the Deep Sea Fishinggate fiasco.  I am sure this was done to bring some balance back due to the billions made from that and the time people made billions on their flower  farm due to a bug when they went to sell their goods.  Everyone was upgrading their farm labs and putting them on all 3 farms. JMO.  And remember I am not happy about this update to the farm lab either.

This still won't keep me from playing this game.  There is way too much other stuff going on in the world for me to be really mad about this.  I play this game to relax and destress.  The day it stresses me out, is the day I stop playing.

• maintenance, i thought they saw the light and turn it back to how it was, but no unfortunately maintenance for the masters factory, missed opportunity GGS
    Surely, that is not all they are doing........it would almost seem cruel.
    All I can say is this latest update is a absolute disaster still can't believe you have done this GGS
     it is a game changer for all  
                                Please can you reconsider  :/
    Just my opinion and experience, but once they make a decision, it is usually final.  People that leave this game over things like this who don't spend gold, well...................they aren't making any money off you anyways.
  • harden21 (US1)harden21 (US1) US1 Posts: 32
    Can yall pls reconsider changing it back?? 
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    edited 29.01.2021
    Some people are never happy

They reverted all the horse tournament, for now to be "EXTREMELY" easy to get into diamond

GG have to try to please all types of players ( Which is not an easy task )

And keep the game as balanced as possible ( Which means, that when they think something is too strong , it will get tuned down )

And the opposite is also true , ( When something is too low , it will usually get boosted )

In my book, they tried to fix the "Premium status" by making it again being "Premium"

We can all agree that everyone was using Premium as very common, previously

• Some people are never happy

They reverted all the horse tournament, for now to be "EXTREMELY" easy to get into diamond

GG have to try to please all types of players ( Which is not an easy task )

And keep the game as balanced as possible ( Which means, that when they think something is too strong , it will get tuned down )

And the opposite is also true , ( When something is too low , it will usually get boosted )

In my book, they tried to fix the "Premium status" by making it again being "Premium"

Pleasing all is very difficuld, agreed
    balancing is difficud too, agreed
    premium food has been available for those that pay for it, so it was premium before, after this change its only available for those players with deep pockets (real money) 
    They made an big mistake due not to limit some productions (cow, countless fields etc) and if they don not want it that way, make it more expensive to those without an balanced happiness, so producing would be very expensive too, but not to them who are farming at an normal farm instead of 1 production facility for that user , who mostly have more farms with the other stuff.
  • Maria77 (US1)Maria77 (US1) US1 Posts: 64
    I haven't fully analyzed the farmlab changes, but I can say right off the bat that I think GGS is completely wrong in taking away premium chicken feed, etc from players who spent money for those upgrades already.  This is especially unfair for small farms who rely on farmlab to increase their levels.  As far as the jam factory, the boat was asking for jam even before someone had a chance to build it, so another big mistake, since we can't even complete boat now.  Does GGS play the game?  Have to wonder.  Not buying gold for awhile.
    i see no mods ringing in on this

Not sure what you are expecting them to say.   They don't make the decisions.  One has already posted that they will take your comments back to GGS.  That really is all they can do.  These changes affect their farms too and don't forget they are players who volunteer their time to moderate the forums.  So let us all make less work for them by all being cordial while venting.
  • 24K Mayhem (US1)24K Mayhem (US1) US1 Posts: 494
    :-(
    I was really hoping that GGS seen the error of the lab upgrading ways and changed it back with that last down time. Very disappointing.
  • I think GGS is really thinking to change Farm Lab to normal.

This actually does make sense.  
  • 24K Mayhem (US1)24K Mayhem (US1) US1 Posts: 494
    I paid a premium price to get my lab upgraded so I could make the premium, and GGS took it away.
  • I paid a premium price to get my lab upgraded so I could make the premium, and GGS took it away.
    by law we call that stealing
  • Alex (BR1)Alex (BR1) BR1 Posts: 102
    I paid a premium price to get my lab upgraded so I could make the premium, and GGS took it away.
    This is already the third time

They sold kites that increased their reputation by 50% each. I had 29 of them that gave me 1450% more reputation

They took

W
    e could make tokens and gold in the laboratory without daily limits

They took

Now this
    it's funny that they only realize that this can cause imbalance in the game after many players have already spent a lot of money

This should not be tolerated as normal
  • I am speechless.

I can understand that the game is pay to win, even though it is out of control. It is nearly impossible in any event to do well without buying large quantities of gold and now event boosters. But, I gradually came to realize the pay to win aspect of the game as my farm grew and I still kept playing.

However, to take away something we have already paid for is unethical and downright wrong! We paid hard earned farm cash and in many cases bought gold to upgrade our farm labs in order to make things like premium feed. It blows my mind that I wake up one morning and I can no longer do that even with my level 13 lab. You set up the rules on what we needed to do to make certain things and we acted accordingly and even spent some real money, then one day you decide to change all the rules. This is a total lack of respect for the players keeping this company in business. You are not playing fair!

What is next? We will only be able to make chicken feed in the mill until we upgrade it to level 25? We will only be able to store wildflowers in the barn until we upgrade it to level 30? Oh no, I had better stop before I give you some more ideas.

I am thoroughly disgusted as are many players and teammates. This is a great morning for the mood survey! I certainly hope everyone filling it out waited to check out the changes first.

• Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    I am speechless.

I can understand that the game is pay to win, even though it is out of control. It is nearly impossible in any event to do well without buying large quantities of gold and now event boosters. But, I gradually came to realize the pay to win aspect of the game as my farm grew and I still kept playing.

However, to take away something we have already paid for is unethical and downright wrong! We paid hard earned farm cash and in many cases bought gold to upgrade our farm labs in order to make things like premium feed. It blows my mind that I wake up one morning and I can no longer do that even with my level 13 lab. You set up the rules on what we needed to do to make certain things and we acted accordingly and even spent some real money, then one day you decide to change all the rules. This is a total lack of respect for the players keeping this company in business. You are not playing fair!

What is next? We will only be able to make chicken feed in the mill until we upgrade it to level 25? We will only be able to store wildflowers in the barn until we upgrade it to level 30? Oh no, I had better stop before I give you some more ideas.

I am thoroughly disgusted as are many players and teammates. This is a great morning for the mood survey! I certainly hope everyone filling it out waited to check out the changes first.

Those surveys are useless in my opinion as they don't listen !!
    And if you vent your frustrations out and say what is true about what they have done or doing in the forum then it just gets removed. So this makes the forum basically useless imo.
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Well , Acoop mate just showed me some contracts that asks for Jam!

Oh Ta Boy The Money Value ! :)

Me likey!

Am i the only one to like more dollars? :D

• Katie.M (INT1)Katie.M (INT1) INT1 Posts: 8
    - Nothing illegal what they did.
    - Do you not think they spent a lot time looking at every legal angle they could possibly see before they did what they did so no one had any recourse or legal leg to stand on if they wanted to sue GGS??  
    - Lab costs "farm dollars" not real money. ie: Gold to build and level up.
    - Players that spent gold to speed the leveling process up that's on the player and not GGS.
    - Players that bought farm dollars to use towards building any building that's on the player as well. 
    - They took back and made it harder to obtain something that shouldn't have been as easy to obtain. Players exploited this feature for years and the company was losing revenue because of it, so they fixed the problem.
  • @kikkara (SKN1) proposed on the farm lab thread that the first and second catalyzer recipes should be swapped . That would be better than nothing. At least many of us would be able to make feed.

I also agree that we should be compensated for the expensive upgrades already done on our labs. Figure out how much each player spent on upgrades then apply that amount to the current lower priced upgrade structure and place us at the equivalent upgrade level based on how much we have spent. Everyone should be at a higher level based on previously spent resources than they are now. Or, give us our money and gold back and start us out at level 1 and we can do the upgrades ourselves.
  • whiziwig (US1)whiziwig (US1) US1 Posts: 1,262
    if GG won't reconsider reversing recent lab upgrade maybe they would consider having a "grandfather" clause where by the change would be affect all labs built after the update and established labs remain as before
    The fact that GGS has said nothing and done nothing is unthinkable.

Sign In to comment.