Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Jan Update - The New Year Update [Discussion]

Comments

• ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    From the hard work rewards in the masters league, we can get at most these catalysts:

151 ordinary catalyst
    188 rare catalyst
    215 precious catalyst
    215 unique catalyst
    46 legendary catalyst

I don't know about the other leagues at the moment. For many cooperatives (including the one I am in), it will be extremely difficult to collect all of the rewards.

From what I have heard, we can upgrade the laboratory up to level 30 with farm dollars.

With the ordinary catalysts, it sounds like we can produce many special seeds which is good.

With rare catalysts, we can't do much as most useful premium items take a large number of rare catalysts.

With precious catalysts, the only item we can produce with a level 30 laboratory is seaweed feed. We can get around 130 seaweed feed this way, but we have to use super cow feed and this could cause a supply issue. For level 31+ recipes, you will have to spend diamonds to get to this level. We don't have enough information about the diamond costs of those upgrades at the moment, but I presume they are going to be quite expensive going off the recent expansion costs.

You need to get the laboratory to at least level 38 to make use of the new seaweed produce types. But they don't really appear to be a significant improvement on the regular seaweed feed, just another type which basically has the same value.

And then all the other catalysts are used in level 61+ recipes, which I imagine is going to cost a fortune to get the laboratory that high.

So basically, all you can really get from the CC that will be useful is a bunch of special seeds (which many players already have huge amounts of already, although the supply can be useful in some situations) and 130 seaweed feed. I don't know about you, but giving up previously being able to save 3m+ per day on costs doesn't really justify the costs of the new version. And all of this is presuming that your cooperative is actually able to score high enough in the CC to collect all of those hard work rewards. The other leagues may have even worse hard rewards unfortunately.

With the jam factory, it does appear to have a lot of potential to earn much more than the dairy does. However, we can't expect to run some of the better recipes constantly as it's impossible to get enough of some greenhouse produce for them. So there will be some limitations on the profit, but hopefully it will be doable to get a good profit from it.
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 29.01.2021
    Actually I have been patiently gathering info from you all and will be soon giving report to the Team.  So I do value and encourage your opinions as long as they are kept tactful and respectful.  :)

It is tactful, respectful, and true, to note that, at some point, approximately Sunday - Tuesday, I will be reduced to using only my fields, and not my stables.

To be clear, the Jam factory and the donkey Community, are just fine, but the lab, as is, would shut down my farm.  That is not hyperbole.  Failure to fix this, would, in all likelihood, cause me to quit.  (And I got my 8 year badge today....how ironic).

I was project manager for computer systems on Wall Street.  This is a "work the weekend", "all hands on deck" level of catastrophe.
  • FuriousFarmer07 (IN1)FuriousFarmer07 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 783
    edited 29.01.2021
    I made the jam factory today
  • But we can only make apple jam int he first level of a jam factory. We will have to upgrade it to get more selections of jam
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526

It is tactful, respectful, and true, to note that, at some point, approximately Sunday - Tuesday, I will be reduced to using only my fields, and not my stables.

To be clear, the Jam factory and the donkey Community, are just fine, but the lab, as is, would shut down my farm.  That is not hyperbole.  Failure to fix this, would, in all likelihood, cause me to quit.  (And I got my 8 year badge today....how ironic).

I was project manager for computer systems on Wall Street.  This is a "work the weekend", "all hands on deck" level of catastrophe.
    This situation is not ideal, but I presume you have a well-developed farm so until some improvement is made on the situation, you should be able to just use regular feed on your stables and orchards and still make a profit. For me it is very easy to do that with the stables although I mostly have cowsheds and duck coops both with level 7 handbooks. For the orchards, it is not as good although it is still profitable. I think you should hopefully be in a similar situation.

I made the jam factory today
    Congrats! I would like to try to build one soon, but I don't have any spare room on my gourmet farm at the moment.
  • Okay
  • Actually, the Farm Lab is really not bad as we can make 100 special corn seeds in just 20 minutes. :) If we want to make 100 special seeds in the Nursery, it'll take ages :dizzy:. So I love the new Farm Lab than the older. ;)
  • chami (AU1)chami (AU1) AU1 Posts: 186
    ya, true, why do we need premium feed? the main reason for me, is to save dollars. When we use normal feed / fert we should spend dollars, but for premium feed/fert, we don't need to spend dollars. The total cost of the fert /feed supply for all the stables / coops / orchards will be too high and it'll effect on upgrading / purchasing boosters, activities on flower farm (coz the cost is too high on flower farm), etc... :( sad...!
  • ya, true, why do we need premium feed? the main reason for me, is to save dollars. When we use normal feed / fert we should spend dollars, but for premium feed/fert, we don't need to spend dollars. The total cost of the fert /feed supply for all the stables / coops / orchards will be too high and it'll effect on upgrading / purchasing boosters, activities on flower farm (coz the cost is too high on flower farm), etc... :( sad...!
    I'm truely with your opinion. :)
    But, I think we get a lot of super feed from Orange Mystery Boxes.
    ya, true, why do we need premium feed? the main reason for me, is to save dollars. When we use normal feed / fert we should spend dollars, but for premium feed/fert, we don't need to spend dollars. The total cost of the fert /feed supply for all the stables / coops / orchards will be too high and it'll effect on upgrading / purchasing boosters, activities on flower farm (coz the cost is too high on flower farm), etc... :( sad...!
    I'm truely with your opinion. :)
    But, I think we get a lot of super feed from Orange Mystery Boxes.
    not enough for all the coops and stables, dear, when we do events, lets say hard worker or even CC, we need too much of fert /feed if we try to survive on a good rank and definitely I should use normal feed/fert if I dont have premium.  
  • Can you say which level are you?
  • Heartland (AU1)Heartland (AU1) AU1 Posts: 192
    My level 25FL has been rendered useless . I used to be able to make tokens (very few I might add as  rare catalysts were hard to come by).. I have 3 FL's  which are now idle.. Catalysts are pretty rare hmmm!  

Won't be wasting too much time on my farm from now on
  • GGS has ruined the lab! It is completely unreasonable to take back what players have already paid for. If you wanted to add levels to the lab AFTER the levels available before the update, that would be fine, but removing the ability to produce what we already paid for is completely unfair and smacks of theft. I already paid for my lab and now you just steal it away, and with no warning whatsoever. Not at all happy with this. Stop ruining a good game!
  • george3 (AU1)george3 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 411
    edited 29.01.2021
    The changes to the lab is just another "Schadenfreude." to lift the morale at GGS, in the 7 odd years I've been playing Big Farm it seems they have an update to see how many players they can upset, not one of these "snakes belly" acts (there's nothing lower then a  snakes belly) have ever been reversed.

If someone at GGS though this was good for the game, perhaps thinking is not one of their strong points.

Oh McGoo you've done it again
    Post edited by george3 (AU1) on
  • Since you have outmoded the nurseries can I get a full refund on them when I bulldoze them please? Those cost gold and the lab just costs farm dollars.

• GGS have changed the number of catalyzers given for Daily Tasks
  • Sorry, but everyone needs to wake up a little bit here

Losing premium ressources is a very small loss of Dollars

Compared to the new Jam factories that have been added at the same time

You can even build them at level 40 , So , nearly everyone can/should make more dollars now :)

it cost me 442 dollars to start a chicken and 4400 to start a duck , with ordinary feed , its no where close to game-breaking, and yeah I use no-happiness set up as well

I'd be surprised if it cost more than 1M dollars your 3 fully developped farms for a whole day

While you can make 2.5M profit with in 22 minutes with Pineapple Jam

You still make 250K profit with Apple jam every 2 hours , and that's the very basic Jam , that everyone can do at level 1 of the building
    exxy, your only looking at top players and coops. average and upcoming players don't have a chance to get anywhere with this change. Sorry mate, your off with this one
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    Im so glad i have been turning away from this game and playing something else instead, i now only play a bit, 2 hours a day that will now go to 1 if i can be bothered. Wake up guys all the changes they make in this game is to benefit the top coops, to stop you catching up so that you spend more money trying. This game is no longer fun or worth the money they keep trying to get you to spend. Just like their other new game asking for $20 to buy a bed in game for your house, that game as been ruined now too ( i did not buy that game and would never) 
    I can go play other farms games which are just as good if not better and they don't want to bleed you dry of money. This lateste update will only do one thing ggs, drive more players to leaving.
  • As i said in my last post, i truly agree that players that have already upgraded their lab should get some kind of refund.

What i find hard to believe though, is that some players farm's will actually have to shut down

While i understand that if your farms run in the massive -happiness it will cost you some money to run it, there's still the mermaid bay, the boats, the market contracts, and your stored money and fish/other items to give you enough dollars to at least keep the farm running until you can run damage control and fix your farm.

And that's not counting that a lot of buildings (or almost all of them i think) will give you more money from the selling of the items they produce than the amount of money they take to run.

@gavinfarms (US1)  Considering how advanced/developed/upgraded your farm is, as well as your lvl, i find it very hard to believe that you'll be reduced to using only your fields in aprox. 4 days time.

I don't have all of your farm's data etc. but in this specific case i would have to say that it is hyperbole :(

Unless, of course, the $1200 and $15K needed to put in 1 pigsty and 1 cowshed respectively are bankrupting your farm (that's including cost to produce the feed in the mill though not to buy ingredients, though as long as your fields are still running, you won't need to buy too much cabbage/wheat :)

• JeannieC (US1)JeannieC (US1) US1 Posts: 28
    I long ago stopped doing most of the events because I already have most of the prizes but now they have made it impossible to make feed unless you update the laboratory at an extortionate price so I am considering if the game is still worth playing.
  • As with most things, this update was a pretty good balance i think.

Obviously no-one can really fault the Donkey dwelling :)

In terms of completing the boat, while i understand that those horseshoes might be important i cannot really sympathize considering that a) i almost never complete/pay attention to the boat and b)  the jam factories could very conservatively produce at least 150M dollars every month.

And of course, give it a bit of time and you'll be able to complete the boat like you've always done while still being able to make some extra jam on the side to sell :)

And last but not least, the lab, AKA "The Big Debacle".

While i do side on the opinion that ggs should give a refund to players that had a developed lab before the update, whether that's by giving them back their money and restarting the lab lvl or refunding them the difference between current and previous lab upgrade prices for each lvl of your lab, i think that the lab change was great.

Of course, you need a higher lvl of the lab to produce premium, and producing items in the lab is greatly restricted because of the use of catalysts, but there are many great parts of the "lab update".

You can produce so many more things, you can get booster tokens without having to even have dairies, which means that under-lvl-150's can use booster tokens, you can produce Q3 (Quality 3) wildflower tokens which haven't been available previously.

You can produce all the new types of seaweed feed (rapid, compound and potent) as well as all types of new booster's.

And you can even produce balloon tokens (at lvl 98)!

Of course, there are a few issues, for people like me that assigned booster tokens to the premium lvl of orchards and will have to switch to using regular fert, it'll be a bit difficult as well as the breakage % won't be as good, but the update was only implemented yesterday, nothing's perfect!

Also, i'm pretty confident that if you (those who're complaining a lot) would spend half the time that you spend complaining trying to make your farm runnable with this new update instead, you'd be able to find at least a reasonable solution :)
    How much were you paid to say that!
  • As with most things, this update was a pretty good balance i think.

In terms of completing the boat, while i understand that those horseshoes might be important i cannot really sympathize considering that a) i almost never complete/pay attention to the boat and b)  the jam factories could very conservatively produce at least 150M dollars every month.

And of course, give it a bit of time and you'll be able to complete the boat like you've always done while still being able to make some extra jam on the side to sell :)

While i do side on the opinion that ggs should give a refund to players that had a developed lab before the update, whether that's by giving them back their money and restarting the lab lvl or refunding them the difference between current and previous lab upgrade prices for each lvl of your lab, i think that the lab change was great.

Of course, you need a higher lvl of the lab to produce premium, and producing items in the lab is greatly restricted because of the use of catalysts, but there are many great parts of the "lab update".

You can produce so many more things, you can get booster tokens without having to even have dairies, which means that under-lvl-150's can use booster tokens, you can produce Q3 (Quality 3) wildflower tokens which haven't been available previously.

You can produce all the new types of seaweed feed (rapid, compound and potent) as well as all types of new booster's.

Of course, there are a few issues, for people like me that assigned booster tokens to the premium lvl of orchards and will have to switch to using regular fert, it'll be a bit difficult as well as the breakage % won't be as good, but the update was only implemented yesterday, nothing's perfect!

Also, i'm pretty confident that if you (those who're complaining a lot) would spend half the time that you spend complaining trying to make your farm runnable with this new update instead, you'd be able to find at least a reasonable solution :)
    This is the single, most unbalanced "upgrade" (use that term loosely) It only favours the higher level coops and players, although many of said players see the folly in this. No new player can be inspired to grow and spend REAL MONEY to achieve a higher level. Where is the business model that inspired this upgrade? make players leave in droves? P.ss of so many they REFUSE to buy packages and gold. That part is really working well.
    edited 29.01.2021
  • The Best King (INT1)The Best King (INT1) INT1 Posts: 883
    edited 29.01.2021
    As with most things, this update was a pretty good balance i think.

This is the single, most unbalanced "upgrade" (use that term loosely) It only favours the higher level coops and players, although many of said players see the folly in this. No new player can be inspired to grow and spend REAL MONEY to achieve a higher level. Where is the business model that inspired this upgrade? make players leave in droves? P.ss of so many they REFUSE to buy packages and gold. That part is really working well.

When i said "balanced" i was talking about the whole update in itself, not how 1 building affects different players, that being said, i still don't see how it favors high-er lvl coops and player's.

Of course, high-level coops/players will do better in events normally and will earn more catalysts, but if you count on higher-level player's doing better, then every update is "the most unbalanced".

If anything, the new lab is better for small players than it was before as instead of giving them the option to produce premium items in the first lvl's of the lab (which, let's be honest, is hardly what kickstarts a farm and pushes it forward into new advancement and growth) and instead gives special seeds, which can be extremely useful in almost all the events for all players :)

Especially given the fact that ADHVAITH pointed out about ggs changing the amount of catalysts given for daily tasks (which i think gives more now).
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    edited 29.01.2021
    Hello Everyone,

I've merged all relevant threads which were created in the other sections of forum to this one, and I had to remove some posts which were against the community guidelines.

Please try to keep the discussion civil, I've noticed several players clashing over their opinions and turning it into a fight, such posts has been removed due to their provoking nature.

As Chickadee mentioned above we are forwarding your feedbacks to the team and no worries we don't leave anything behind!

Thank you for understanding,
    BugsBunny
  • I feel sad, disheartened and cheated. I paid a small fortune to upgrade my farm labs and now they want me to pay more to be able to produce things I could produce before this update. I do understand that the game is a property of GGS but it is a simulation of real life and in real life they would be procecuted for stealing from hundreds thousands of customers. I've been a loyal customer for five years, used to buy gold every month and had subscriptions in the past but being treated with disrespect makes me to reconsider my loyalty. This game is not fun anymore. It is a huge disappointment. You don't pay for disappointment. You just find a different service provider who keeps their customers happy.
  • jorisvanvlijmen (NL1)jorisvanvlijmen (NL1) NL1 Posts: 319
    edited 29.01.2021
    Its nice that you read the comments we make, but its a shame that the company does not react and interact with the players who are giving them an reason to make this game a nice game.

1. to much events, please lower them reacts in more events
    2. to much update issue's for new stuff, please lower the update's results in even more new stuff we don't want
    3. inplemented new stuff is direct in use even it is not possible to produce (boat and the jam)
    4. to much removing nice usefull things for us players, fishing rebalance for example and now the lab we did pay for with hard labour en time too farm.
    5. events time cutted in many way's (dreamworld)
    6. the advertising annoys people, they are now useing blockers sso cut that crap
    7. calling for an temperary boycot is an ultimat pressure to make them feel what we are facing now!
    8. the xp boosters update which was reworkt lately, possibility that this update is linked to that one?

i think we will be penalized for complaining about that update, correct me if i see that wrong. Don't just delete comments, but  a response that something is not allowed, but is understandable if the instigator (GGS) does not respond to our criticism

Also, I am considering quitting the game because time and time again our benefits are being taken away because the money grubbers of GGS think they should make more money off our back.

It is a stupid and ill-considered way of making money that results in less income, rather than an improvement in income.

Sincerely,

Joris

• @ninjahuman (AU1) said about that...and yeah, you were correct as I'm just level 73 and I have fewer stables. So I have abundant of feed. but you don't have enough feed as you've so many stables.
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    Its nice that you read the comments we make, but its a shame that the company does not react and interact with the players who are giving them an reason to make this game a nice game.

2. to much update issue's for new stuff, please lower the update's results in even more new stuff we don't want
    3. inplemented new stuff is direct in use even it is not possible to produce (boat and the jam)
    4. to much removing nice usefull things for us players, fishing rebalance for example and now the lab we did pay for with hard labour en time too farm.
    6. the advertising annoys people, they are now useing blockers sso cut that crap
    7. calling for an temperary boycot is an ultimat pressure to make them feel what we are facing now!
    8. the xp boosters update which was reworkt lately, possibility that this update is linked to that one?

i think we will be penalized for complaining about that update, correct me if i see that wrong. Don't just delete comments, but  a response that something is not allowed, but is understandable if the instigator (GGS) does not respond to our criticism

Also, I am considering quitting the game because time and time again our benefits are being taken away because the money grubbers of GGS think they should make more money off our back.

It is a stupid and ill-considered way of making money that results in less income, rather than an improvement in income.

Sincerely,

Joris

We won't delete comments unless they violate the community guidelines, if the discussion is civil and within rules everything is fine.

All the comments that were deleted was violating the community guidelines, I hope this clears it.

If any of you have any questions regarding why your comment was deleted then please feel free to contact one of us.

• BugsBunny said:

Sincerely,

Joris

We won't delete comments unless they violate the community guidelines, if the discussion is civil and within rules everything is fine.

All the comments that were deleted was violating the community guidelines, I hope this clears it.

If any of you have any questions regarding why your comment was deleted then please feel free to contact one of us.

I know exactly why my comment was taken down (same with some other comments from other users) just for punishing ggs in the same way we are punished in the wallet, so they are allowed to do that and unfortunately we cannot. The amounts we paid for the upgrades to be able to make something is a waste of money after this update, so it seemed fair to me and others to make the same feel to the creators of this game, who have the gift of making everything (good) works to destroy and tax so that it no longer yields value.

with kind regards,

Joris
Sign In to comment.