Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Jan Update - The New Year Update [Discussion]

Comments

• I can't seem to play since the premium animal feed has been taken away.  I'm too disappointed and angry.  It was my best way of leveling up.  See ya.
  • Morti (SKN1)Morti (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 485
    edited 28.01.2021
    Miserable update, now I can not make special feed, that was why I bought the Laboratory.
    How do we get the flasks?

And how on earth should i afford to upgrade?
    To 1,000,000
    Post edited by Morti (SKN1) on
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 28.01.2021
    The next step at a guess will be to remove the nurseries or have a new use for them. I'm shocked by this update. I have never been so shocked as for them to rip the heart out of what the labs were originally for. A part of me feels like demolish them but I don't want to do a knee-jerk reaction that I'll later regret. I am also annoyed that I can no longer fully load the ship. I am having trouble finding space for the jam factories.
  • Sharrae (US1)Sharrae (US1) US1 Posts: 1
    I am very disappointed in the loss of my farm laboratory.  I used it to make premium feeds, and it was very nice for that.  Now, why would I want both a nursery and a laboratory to make the same things?  Especially since it costs so much to try to level the laboratory--there is absolutely no way I will ever get it back to being able to make feeds.  Thanks for breaking this completely.  At least I'll get some personnel back when I demolish it.  

• unico_sk (SK1)unico_sk (SK1) SK1 Posts: 7
    I was buying gold in the game, I had a monthly subscription, but after todays update I am done. New stuff is OK, but nerfing the laboratory this way is ridiculous. This is completely changing the game and also hindering new players on quickly leveling up using the premium feed. I already canceled the subscription and if nothings changes in the next few days, I am leaving the game altogether ... Huge disappointment. 
  • Taji (US1)Taji (US1) US1 Posts: 52
    Good job, GGS. I have players leaving the game due to your update, which is actually a downgrade! 
    While the donkey barn is a welcome addition the jam factory is 'jamming' up play. How on earth can you already be asking for items for it (jam for the boat) when 99% of us don't even have it built? Is it going to eat my workers whenever it feels like it, like the Dairy? Still haven't built that one and don't plan on it!
    It's the lab that's an absolute disaster! Why ever would you include Special Seeds when we already have perfectly good Nurseries? The feed should have been the items for ordinary catalyst (1st tab), move those seeds to a different column. At least that way most folks would be able to keep producing what they were already able to with whatever lab upgrades they had previously achieved.
    As for having to use catalyst to produce in the lab... Well that there is just plain stupid. So how much gold are you going to charge for those? Anything else you want to throw in that costs money? I'm sure you will be offering it for sale. Way to go, weed out the folk who play for fun.... this IS a game, it's SUPPOSED to be fun, and you just keep sucking all the fun out of it, update by update. 

• I think because of the\is much of critical comments, GGS will make the Farm Lab as it was earlier.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    edited 28.01.2021
    I think because of the\is much of critical comments, GGS will make the Farm Lab as it was earlier.
    I wouldn't bet on it.... :( but maybe (doubtful) they will tweak it a bit for the better?!
  • Morti (SKN1)Morti (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 485
    From Level 2 to 3. 1,000,000 Dollars
  • But I loved it as the upgrading cost has really gone down.
    Earlier I needed 4.5 million to upgrade Farm Lab to level 3 but its now just 2 million
  • AHC (US1)AHC (US1) US1 Posts: 36
    You would have thought we would have all gotten kissed before they did this "upgrade".   Truly pathetic.
  • buddy194 (US1)buddy194 (US1) US1 Posts: 382
    BigFarm has been making bad updates pretty regularly lately, but this is the first time I've seen players quit the game instantly.  I think BigFarm has just about worn out everyone's goodwill.
  • well i had spent farm cash and a lot of gold that has cost me real hard earned cash to get my labs to where they are .and i do not appreciate items being taken away that i had already unlocked . if you want to add new levels and new items for us to have to unlock thats fine.but to take away things i used my time and REAL money  to buy so that i could unlock those features is not right. i know the game needs to make money ,and i for one have spent a enormous amount. and this has now upset me so bad that i WILL not spend another dime knowing it can be taken away at a moments notice. i hope this gets to the powers that be and they can restore the labs and make this right for the players . if not i guess i am not a valued player and my opinion means nothing. and in that case i will have to say Good Bye to a game i loved !!!!!! Sincerely Remmington Steele xxx
  • Hate the lab update.  Now how do I get premium feed without leveling up to some ungodly number.  Should have been allowed to keep the old lab.  Now, what is it good for???
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    Today's update was a travesty! What were you thinking!!

#1 The ship wants 67 Rose hip jam and 72 Blackberry jam.
    I need a level 5 Jam factory (26 workers) before I can even make Rose hip jam and a level 6 factory (30 more workers total) to make Blackberry jam.
    Where do you suggest I stick this new factory and where do you suggest I stick another house!
    So I say again, What were you thinking!!
    Anyone with any common sconce would have thought that out and said, Well we better send all players some free jam and make sure the ship will not ask for items that players cannot make.

#2 You took a perfectly working Farm lab and killed it. What use is the nursery now? Do we demolish the labs or the nurseries, I wonder.
    Did you think this out at all!!! I am so discussed at this point and from what I have read, so is everyone else.

I'll spend my day tarring my GF apart to try and make room for a new factory and workers. I'll also try and fit more decorations on my farm just to survive.
    Then I'll try and work this all out to see if I will survive after this travesty that you call an update. If I find that I will not survive this than I'll just fade-out and one day be gone.

When will you learn? You have taken a grate game and killed it!! I hope that you are happy :(
    One more thing I'd like to add.

What is to become of the Greenhouse now? If we do not need the special seeds for the ship now, why bother to make them? We cna't sell them.
  • DISGUSTED AND ANGRY About Farm Lab Changes 

How did someone have that kind of horrible idea and then how did everyone else seem to think it was a good idea??? How did people not say this was a bad idea? Take away everyone's ability to make premium feed and then make them work HARDER and Pay More to get the ability ALL OVER AGAIN??? 

WHAT IS THE POINT OF THE GREENHOUSE on the farms?? It does not make any sense. I have not decided if I will keep playing the game or not. I am leaning so heavy toward just quitting. ALL MY EFFORT WAS FOR NOTHING! It's like I am being punished... BUT for what???

My Farm Labs are now useless!!! 

So Sad and Disheartened.

I think the game is ruined. I cannot even be happy about the Jam Factory. I want to be happy about it, but all I can think about is how awful and useless the Farm Lab is now. 

***  HOW DID NO ONE NOT SAY THIS IS A HORRIBLE IDEA???  ***
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784

What is to become of the Greenhouse now? If we do not need the special seeds for the ship now, why bother to make them? We cna't sell them.
    You need them to make Jam!!!! hehehehehehe
  • harden21 (US1)harden21 (US1) US1 Posts: 32

I have no clue it seems now that theres no reason for the greenhouse now. No reason for the nurseries now either. Idk if it would be easier to demo the nursery or the farm lab lol
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Nah @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)

I'm the only vocal one, that loves this update , as I will be able to make almost 20M Dollars / Day more :)

I'M pretty sure many others likes this part as well

Ability to use better boosters, with more money, to use booster board , to actually upgrade the lab to level 100 , because the cost for upgrading it, are now "Realistic"

A CC rewards all tier of Catalysts , means, you will be able to make different things out of your lab

Despite the struggle on premium ressources that it will cause ( Its a very small loss of dollars and XP )

You can easily catch that up, by earning more dollars, and upgrading Mathilda's
    JVD (US1) said:

You need them to make Jam!!!! hehehehehehe
    oops, thanks JVD. My thoughts are so clouded right now that I failed to notice that, lol.
  • I spent alot of my money on the upgrade to that building and now they took away the things I upgraded it for .. seaweed and all that stuff.. I hate this .. they should put those things back were they were .. i can get seeds on teh wheels and the village boat.. do they think we are idiots.. I can see why alot of people will leave .. I may be one of them .. how can they be so @3@$@ ... fill in the blank
  • mutterkjær (SKN1)mutterkjær (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 344
    How can it be legal to take a part of the game out that I have allready bought and worked hard for?? I used to be able to make all kind of premium seeds, seeweed and even mystery boxes. Now I can only make the same things that I allready can do in the nurseries. THIS IS NOT RIGHT GGS :-((((
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    We need to hear to from GGS......now!  This is important.  This is a supreme disaster.

This is existential.  My farm will be out of feed and fertilizer in a week.  Is GGS trying to get me to quit? This disaster is at the level. 

I have asked for years for lab batch quantities to be larger.  They are now smaller and require more catalyzer.  To get this to work, they must increase batch sizes by triple or more, and the catalyzer would have to be super abundant.  Otherwise, I will have to seriously consider how to proceed.  I am not sure if my farm can go on, if this is not fixed.

I purchase one of the subscriptions every month.  I may need to consider dropping this.  If GGS can't fix this, I am not sure how I can still play at all.
  • Dvroh (US1)Dvroh (US1) US1 Posts: 17
    I'm really  very upset. I wouldn't have even put in a laboratory if I knew they were going to do this. I'd only upgraded to level four, but it was quite nice to produce premium feed, as there were no barn limits on it. I'm thinking of quitting the game. I may stick around for a few weeks, to see if they reverse this very bad downgrade. 
  • Really horrible update and extremely inconsiderate to us, the players.  We have spent money and time on a laboratories and nurseries to make specific items that you have now changed.  Updates are generally to add items etc., how can you just change an item(s) entirely?  We as players decide what buildings etc. we want on our farm and what we are using them for.  The lab which has been built and upgraded to levels that I needed to make what I needed has now been changed.  Again, updates are to fix issues or to give new items, but you totally revamped a system that was in place without regard to time and money that we have on that.
    I am totally disappointed.  You introduce something like donkey community- awesome I have a chose to use or not.  But OMGOSH what you did with laboratory : (
  • domino666 (INT1)domino666 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 79
    Why on earth would i want to upgrade lab when it needs katalysators for everything to produce ?????

Why it feels like ggs is acting like a bully ????
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Why do people focus so much on Lab...

This update's strong point is the 3 Jam factories :S
  • BigTJ (US1)BigTJ (US1) US1 Posts: 20
    . Good Game Studious has again, messed up a building that was designed for one purpose & turned it into a useless building. If you wanted to add the seeds why don't you put a farm icon in lab so you are able to switch it to either the original farm items, or  switch it to the seed feature. But instead you decide to make a building that I spent a lot of money to build & upgrade to useless. Will destroy for the room & the free the workers there.
  • All I can say is this latest update is a absolute disaster still can't believe you have done this GGS
     it is a game changer for all 

Please can you reconsider  :/
Sign In to comment.