Home EN Contests & Awards

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

2020 Advent Calendar Forum Contest (December 1-24)

ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
edited 30.11.2020 in Contests & Awards

FORUM CONTEST ADVENT CALENDAR 2020

Hello dear friends!
 Here we are. This year, although very special, will end like all the others: Revisions, exams, and end-of-year celebrations (Although, under the current circumstances, they will have to be done in small groups, wearing face mask and social distancing). And whatever you think of it, please respect the medical profession and avoid catching or passing on the virus during the holidays!) Just to remind you of this sequence that marked your youth, here is our first annual calendar!

It works this way!

Normally, this calendar is hosted on the German-speaking wiki. No need, therefore, to dwell on the text in German. You just need to click on this link KalenderEN | Goodgame BigFarm Wiki | Fandom  then click today's date (Note: it will be Dec 1 so gift box #1 to start with) to see the google questionnaire appear.  Each day succeeding click the link and select the next day's number, etc.

Rules :

1. The decisions of the mods are final.
2. Only answers given between midnight and midnight Brussels time will be taken into account. Likewise, only answers given by correctly specifying the pseudonym and the server in the appropriate fields will be taken into account.
3. You will need the FAQs and tutorials to answer some of the questions. All questions have their answer clearly displayed OR deducible based on the FAQ or tutorials. Yes, sometimes it is necessary to think or do a little math.
4. Those who are not having fun will not be rewarded.
5. The drawing of lots will be made from the valid answers and the name of the winners, as well as the precise winnings, will be revealed as often as possible.

If there is a problem with a questionnaire, let me know. Normally, I have opened all the questionnaires, but I remain fallible.

Post edited by ChickadeeQuilter on

Comments

• jwllmsjnb (US1)jwllmsjnb (US1) US1 Posts: 409
    I'm clicking on the #1 and nothing is happening.
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    We are looking into it.

• FelixTheXthFelixTheXth Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,960
    edited 01.12.2020
    Hello everybody!

No, I am not a new moderator, I am a moderator from the German forum to provide some help with your calendar.

I'll give you a short walkthrough with screens:

In the first post, click here:

This leads you to:

Now go looking for parcel no. 1 and click it twice!

After first click:

after second click:

Short explanation:

Weiter = next
    Zurück = back
    Senden = send

Just click on the "Weiter" button and you will get:

Please answer this question every time you participate because it is essential for paying out the prizes you might win.

Then press "Weiter" to go to the next page. If you need to go back, press "Zurück".

This will be your question. I made sure I don't spoil the fun! ;)

"Zurück" takes you back to the name and server page.
    "Senden" sends your answer.

(For those of you who wonder what "Meine Antwort" means, it just means "my answer" and is the line where you can type your answer in.)

After clicking "Senden" you should get this screen:

It just says: "Your answer was sent." This means that your entry for the contest was registered.

Don't click on the link, it means "send another answer". Just close the browser tab instead.

In case you get the English version of the buttons, just ignore my short translations.

I hope it works for all of you now. Please let the English moderators know if anything still does not function.

Best regards,
    Felix
    Just as a reminder to all.  This Advent Calendar will be available to open on the 1st of December.  It won't open until then.  There are some servers besides the US1 server that are in different time zones and so are able to open their Day 1 because for them it is Dec 1, 2020.  But for the US1, it is still November 30th.  
    I'm not getting the advent calendar 2020 screen, though.

Are we going by US or Bussels time as stated?

2. Only answers given between midnight and midnight Brussels time will be taken into account. Likewise, only answers given by correctly specifying the pseudonym and the server in the appropriate fields will be taken into account.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    Hmmm...that is strange, because I am getting the screen, and when I click on the first gift for day 1 it does not open, but since it is only November 30, I will need to wait until tomorrow.

Are we going by US or Bussels time as stated?

Going by Brussels time at 10am there, will be 1 am in US.  So the Germans have already been able to open Day one.  The US will get to open Day 1 at 1 am.  Thereafter it will be from midnight CST.  The first day is a bit "joggy" with so many different time zones. 
  • 24K Mayhem (US1)24K Mayhem (US1) US1 Posts: 494
    I'm clicking on the #1 and nothing is happening.
    Same here! Thank you for the contest , such fun!!

• Jesse123 (INT1)Jesse123 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,558
    @FelixTheXth

Yes it works right now , I could answer the question. 
    Thank you !

Be patient, US players, Dec 1 is on the way! :)
  • Boss_Hog (US1)Boss_Hog (US1) US1 Posts: 117
    There are not 9 hours difference between Belgium and the US.It is only 6 hours difference between Belgium and the eastern US which is Eastern Time Zone.So if it is 10:00AM. in Belgium then it would be 4:00AM. in the US. Eastern Time Zone not 1:00AM. as you stated earlier.
  • Jenny1979 (GR1)Jenny1979 (GR1) GR1 Posts: 1,639
    Hello, I got a little confused with the time frame
    is it until midnight tonight? 
    I just gave my unswer but... I just wanted to know until what time our enties are valid 
    If you can open the Day 1 (click once) then click it again and you will be prompted to answer Day 1 question.  If you can do this it is not too late.  Midnight (your time) is when Day 2 will become available.  So do Day 1 before midnight Dec 1, 2020. 
  • Jenny1979 (GR1)Jenny1979 (GR1) GR1 Posts: 1,639
    If you can open the Day 1 (click once) then click it again and you will be prompted to answer Day 1 question.  If you can do this it is not too late.  Midnight (your time) is when Day 2 will become available.  So do Day 1 before midnight Dec 1, 2020. 
    ok, thank you 
    done it already  :)
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    I answered My 1st Question, thank you for this Contest, :)
    You are welcome...come back every day to get the next Advent gift for Day 2.  It will be available tomorrow.

• How come yesterday when I clicked on the calendar it was in english, clicked on this morning and now in german  :( 
    I don't know....maybe because the original one is in German and we on the EN Forum are just borrowing their Calendar...so maybe a glitch...

Were all the questions in German too?  Because I set them up in English.
  • I didn't try just saw it in german, just tried again and yes the questions are in english ChickadeeQuilter :)
    Good!  :D
    edited 02.12.2020

~SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT~

Clarification of the Start-Stop times for Advent Calendar on the EN Forum The EN Forum is working with the German Forum on the "confusing" starting and stopping" times for each player to enter the response to the Day's Question. You may wish to use a Time Zone Converter to figure out what these times are where you live.

Current Schedule Germany Advent daily schedule: 10:00 am (CET) - 12:00 am (CET)

Schedule We Will Use: 10:00 am (CET) - 3:00 am (CET)

So to compromise the EN Mods have decided that to be instep with the Germans as much as possible, we will extend our closing day by 3 hours beyond the German posted times. This will give most folks at least 15 to 19 hrs. or so to submit responses to the day's question. These responses come to us date/time stamped so we know who is late.

Reminder
    Please do not forget to put your farmer game name and server in your answers (i.e. farmerXYZ (US1)). Failing to do so will disqualify your responses. Also do not post more than one response to the day's question. Those too will be disqualified. For instance if you answered the question and felt you got it wrong then did another minutes later with what you thought was the right answer, your first response is the accepted one. We know due to the timestamp on all the responses.

Prizes
    We will be awarding random 3 winners each day and will post the winners from Day 1 - 6 as one group on Day 7. Winners from Day 7 - 12 will be posted as a group on day 13. Winners from Day 13 - 18 will be posted on day 19. Winners from Day 19 - 24 will be posted in the first week of January 2021. No one will win more than once for the entire Advent Calendar.
    edited 03.12.2020
    Just finished answering My 3rd question, :) 21 more to go.
  • shy90 (US1)shy90 (US1) US1 Posts: 21
    fun advent calendar
  • BillJohn (US1)BillJohn (US1) US1 Posts: 78
    Thought I should be able to do the advent calendar for Dec 3 at 10:30p.m. on Dec 3 but doesn't allow me access to the question.  Appears we are on different times.  Is that the reason?
    The Advent Calendar is on the German Wiiki system (Not through the Big Farm time clock mechanism) and they close theirs at 12 midnight (CET) which for the US equates to 6pm Eastern Standard Time.  I was able to get the time extended for us just about 3 hrs. So that would be 9pm Eastern Standard time.  So you can be prepared next time.  I posted on the Thread about the new time period.  You may want to recheck it.   :D
    I am very glad I did not miss My 6th Answer, was away for most of the day but so glad I made it, :)

Forum Advent Calendar Winners List

Days 1 - 6 of December 2020

Day 1 Winners - Each will receive 200 Seaweed
    kalsha (IN1)
    jwllmsjnb (US1)
    Testing (IN1)
    Day 2 Winners - Each will receive 8000 Horseshoes
    furby (US1)
    edie04 (US1)
    Farmer Kimby (GB1)
    Day 3 Winners - Each will receive 250 Seaweed Fertilizer
    didah (SKN1)
    PlayerSamedi (INT1)
    Dulcie1956 INT
    Day 4 Winners - Each will receive 4000 Gold
    Farmerin (JP1)
    Tinie Sudjana INT1
    landghe (SKN1)
    Day 5 Winners - Each will receive 20 Seaweed Humus
    Boss_Hog (US1)
    Antigone6 (US1)
    Uncle John AU1
    Day 6 Winners Each will receive the Deco of Choice
    Jenny1979 (GR1)
    CIN SOON (INT1)
    Orinoco (GB1)

EN_Forum Mod Team
  • awww... yay... I win.. thanks very much for all moderator  ;) 
    and congrats to all the winner  ;)
    edited 07.12.2020
    How are the winner's determined , is it some random drawing like picking a name out of a hat type of thing?
    At least I know  Myself that I got all 6 right , but Congrat's to  all the winner's so far. now on to # 7 question for Me . :)

Update> I went to answer the # 7 question but it did not give Me the option to add My name to it, so I tried it for 2nd time and that one did, so I should not be disqualified for the first one because it would not let Me add it first time , so do we get disqualified if the page got messed up and would not let us finish it the first time?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file