Home EN Contests & Awards

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Snowflake Winter Contest - WINNERS announced

RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
edited 21.12.2020 in Contests & Awards

Snowflake Winter Contest

Here is a transparent Snowflake

All you have to do is fill it in and decorate it on the theme of WINTER

Any graphic programme can handle this, including the built in one that came with your computer. But if you want something more fancy try GIMP an Open Source FREE PhotoShop equivalent

This is a twist on a Contest run by Elina on the French Forum
She has agreed to be the judge

Prizes

1st - 4,000 gold plus 20 seaweed hummus 
2nd - 4,000 gold plus 10 seaweed hummus
3rd - 3,000 gold plus 30 seaweed feed
4th - 2,500 gold plus 20 seaweed feed
5th - 1,500 gold plus 10 seaweed feed
6th to 12th - 750 gold

1st to 5th will receive

one set of prizes per person

The winning snowflake will be turned in to the Snowflake Badge
which every valid entry will receive.

Here are the winning French entries if you need some inspiration.

You have until Sunday 20th December

to have your creative fun

Post edited by RosyStarling on

Comments

• Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Very nice, Good luck to the artists :D
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    Christmas on BigFarm

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    Well I am an old-fashioned artist and don't have the skills to do things with digital means.  So best of success to all those wonderful digital graphic artists.  :)
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    I will have to pass on this as well, but good luck to all who venture in this glorious adventure in the graphic art world, :)
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Where do we submit our entry, and how many entries are we allowed?
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    edited 02.12.2020
    Post your entry here like CrazyBigFarm has
    We'd all like to admire your creations :)

And as many entries as you want but only one prize per person

Post edited by RosyStarling on
    I am looking forward to seeing you snowflakes @artful (US1)
  • Jenny1979 (GR1)Jenny1979 (GR1) GR1 Posts: 1,639
    oh wow!!!  @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) this one is amazing!
    it has my vote  :)
  • My try
  • diksh (IN1)diksh (IN1) IN1 Posts: 30
    CrazyBigfarm55 (US1), Letty.liongamez (GB1)

Love both of your snowflake :)
    edited 07.12.2020
    I voted for all 3 of them, they are all fabulous in My book, :)
    I noticed after the fact that CrazyBigFarm55 added 2 of them, so I will have to say I like all 3 anyway, :)
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 08.12.2020
    Hello, everyone. :) Over the years I've collected a large number of Big Farm images, some of which you may not have seen before. I searched through them and put together this image. I hope you like it. o:)

BIG FARM: Memories of winters past

edited 08.12.2020
    To explain my second entry.

At the time I posted it there wasn't anyone else posting any and I didn't want to disappoint RosyStarling with only 1 snowflake to look at so I decided to make another one.

I am very happy to see that more people have posted their snowflakes for us all to see and I have voted on them all.
    It didn't need explanation, but thank you  :)

I'd love to see more though, from you and others

• kris61 (US1)kris61 (US1) US1 Posts: 49
    edited 12.12.2020
    I think these are all amazing everyone !  I say post as many as you want because I just like looking at all of them.  I would like to see more without the Big Farm theme .
    Post edited by kris61 (US1) on
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    I agree, truly amazing!  :D
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    Some amazing entries indeed  <3 

I'd love to see more!!
    You don't have to twist my arm for another snowflake as I love working with images :)

I'm really loving these  :)

Please keep them coming

7 more whole days left!!

I dont use programs to make drawings, have no clue how they work but I want the snowflake badge :)
    so I just opened my computers program for painting and made one 
    just for the fun (and the badge ofcourse  :D )

I wish you all good luck and to the moderators, well... you have a very difficult job
    I dont know how you are going to pick only one , they are all exceptional!!! 
    Good luck to you all!

and whent the contest is over... I really would lke someone to tell me how you put the background with motion, especially the snowing part  :D:D:D 
  • sylciafi (PL1)sylciafi (PL1) PL1 Posts: 320
    edited 14.12.2020
    przepiękne płatki :)
    To explain my second entry.

At the time I posted it there wasn't anyone else posting any and I didn't want to disappoint RosyStarling with only 1 snowflake to look at so I decided to make another one.

I am very happy to see that more people have posted their snowflakes for us all to see and I have voted on them all.
    There is no need to explain it, I was just not sure how many was to be added, but I am clicking on them all for favorites, cause you all did awesome in My book, I just wish I could be able to make one, but I have no clue how to do that kind of stuff, I can fix problems with My games I play, and copy & paste pictures & such , but that is bout it for Me, again Great job everyone, :)
    I think ALL the entries have been amazing!
  • Jesse123 (INT1)Jesse123 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,558
    edited 17.12.2020
    Great artwork by the others , this is the least I could do. I have no knowledge about photoshop or gimp but I could only recreate it through paint , @jonquille6 (FR1)  tried to help me through this tutorial Les tutos Gimp-2.8 de Jonquille - Page 3 — Big Farm - Forum (goodgamestudios.com)  but it will take some time for me to understand the basics.
    It would probably be helpful for the others who would want to give it a try. 

Thankyou for the contest , maybe next time a similar contest comes I would have mastered photoshop and gimp and even try to add the snow and glitter effect. :)

Here is another one :smile: 
    Another one -

Yes the same pic , cause it took me a lot of time to search for a nice background.
    Check out Jonquille's tutorials if anyone is interested. I would like to thank Jonquille from the bottom of my heart. 
    Post edited by Jesse123 (INT1) on
    very nice... although very helpful with all the images.. it will take time to learn it,
    at least for me cause I dont know GIMP at all and the images are not in english
    needs to much time right now  but indeed it is very helpful ,thank you @Jesse123 (INT1)
    maybe some time in the future :)
    I think we need a video tutorial here ha ha ha and I think you made it just beautiful 

No videos but GIMP does have some good tutorials of their  own HERE

I'm in no way expert but what I can do I learnt from those.
    Plus some fiddling. Clicking things to see what happens

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file