Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

November Update - Be Creative Business-Minded Farmers [ Discussion]

Comments

• ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    Agreed.  So in your opinion, for those who cannot afford to buy higher level books, would you say that the new boosters are more valuable for them?  How about for those who have not bought any books?
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    edited 22.11.2020
    Well  its definetely an add-on in terms of strategy

As they cost dollars , i dont think they are that easier :)

it can be used globally to increase your output 

That booster board definetely have situational advantages , that requires strategy :D

I think the Booster board can be good for all types of players , as its really added value for dollars

Personally, Ive never been a big dollar maker , as i give a bit to the team

What is great with booster board is that many boosters , have a lenghty duration , so you can activate at the beginning of your farming day, and farm on ( for the most part , some are shorter )

Its really well done overall , i tried a few combo's

Like using 4 badges that boosts Pellets ( I could get it up to 2200 pellets for 1 windmill fast forward )

I also tested 5 Milk badges , And i could get up to 3300 with a colossal cow level 9 ( my milk badges are not great ) ;p

Great input!  I sure hope that when this goes live to all the other servers that folks will come here are read up on all the valuable input/advice.  Thank you so much! :)
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    edited 23.11.2020
    How do you get more  than 1 booster badge  on the  board?

EDIT: never mind I figured it  out!!
    While I think most will figure it out, we are trying to put together a basic "how to get started with the booster boards".  We mods are also figuring it out.  So patience while we try to put something together.  :)
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    I have 2 questions for the Badge Board webpage please.

#1 What happens to the badges once we avtivate them and their time runs out? Do they disapear?

#2 Please explane what this means.

Dose it mean that we can activate it 250 times? or
    Dose it mean that we get a 20% gold discount on gold purchases on the Board after we activate it 250 times?

It would sure help us if they would tell us how things work in this game :)
    also..

It was stated in this Mod news Bulletin that "If you play BF on 800x600 screen size, the upper part of the booster board window is cut of. You solve this by using the full screen mode. It is intended :( and not a bug"
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/4318313/#Comment_4318313

Well I run the game at 1920 x 1080 and this is what I get when I try to view the "Activate all booster badges" screen. It isn't a bug but please fix this and add a scroll bar to the pop-up.

edited 25.11.2020
    To answer your first question: The boosters do not disappear after being "boosted" and the time runs out.  It is still there but must be activated or changed out for a different one and activated. To change out a booster, you press the button that looks like a pencil in it, then you can change out the un-needed booster for one you want.  You do need to pay attention to the positions of the the boosters because you could find yourself switching out one you did not intend.

Now for the second issue, I will report that to the team to see what is up with that.  Many of the Team are on Holiday this week so you may need to be patient while I get some answers.  In the meantime, I noticed that your slider is all the way down on that right side where the boosters are all located.  Try closing it out and reopening it, then move the slider about halfway up and press the "activate all boosters" button.  See if you can see the entire pop-up.  Let me know.

Post edited by ChickadeeQuilter on
    Thank you @ChickadeeQuilter very much for the fast responce on question #1. I will be looking forward to any info you may get on question #2.

As far as your suggestion to try so I can see the window with all the booster badges, it worked! I moved the scroll bar down just far enough to click on the arrow and that made it fit on the screen.

I am glad that helped.  I run my game on 1600 x 900 and do not have difficulties in seeing the booster page popups.  So I am not sure just what is the deal for you concerning your computer screen.  Do you use a laptop?
    No, not on a laptop but my monitor is extra wide and it curves. I don't think the curve matters but the fact that it's wider may cause it. Anyway your suggestion worked so all is good.
    Great! I am glad I could help! :)
    My Booster board page is semi done. https://crazybigfarm.net/farm/booster_board/booster_board.htm

I will be adding more badges when I have the free time each day
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Alright, More info on Borders

it actually increases all your badges % output by 5% for level 1

It better with higher level of badges :)

• So are the boosters active now on the US server?
    Yes they are active on all servers.  :)
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 26.11.2020
    I have a question.  Is it possible to have a blank booster board with a level 1 frame?  This is one I took a screenshot of that shows them having a level 1 frame and no boosters in it.  My own has a level 1 frame but it also has 5 booster things in it.  The boosters are currently not active.  I thought maybe it was possible to double click on them to delete them, but I can only switch them out for other boosters. In fact 70 of the 71 members have this border frame (level 1) the other member has flowers around the frame.  Many of the ones I viewed were like the one pictured below only some have different backgrounds, but all have the level 1 frame.
           This is a picture of one of a coop member showing a level 1 border with no boosters in it.

This is my booster board showing the level 1 border and the boosters on the board. How long will these booster things on the board remain?

Oh yes, I was reading the info about the boosters on CrazyBigFarm.net and I want to know how we go about "buying badges"?
    Per info: "The player can upgrade the border for their Booster board by spending gold on activating or buying badges"
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
    This may be the answer to you question @FarmerCli (US1).

I am not 100% sure but my commonsense tells me this means you can buy grayed-out badges with gold.

I'm not sure if "5 early access purchases remaining" means that you can only buy 5 badges total or if they mean you can only buy this one badge 5 times without earning it threw an achievement.
  • Why are there suddenly advertisements in the game?
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
    Not yet, but I have asked players to send me screenshots for the Borders page.
  • Thank you! I have seen this post.
    What happened to the Badge Board borders?

FarmerCli has been sending me the screenshots for each border as he upgrades them. As you can see below levels 1 and 2 are nice but I am disappointed with levels 3 and 4. After all the gold it cost to get those upgrades shouldn't they be nicer than a colored frame.

Yes I agree, those should have a nicer more elaborate appearance.  I will ask the team about it.  :)
  • Mac56 (GB1)Mac56 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 353
    Question - I activated a booster on my board but when I went back to add another I can't add any more on, why is that?
    You should be able to have 5 differen badges on your board, granted you have 5 different ones @Mac56 (GB1) .

example
    If you activated say Alfalfa level 1 you cannot go back and add level 2, 3, 4 or 5 for alfalfa.

If you activated Alfalfa level 1 you can go back and add a different badge.
    I have added what badges to my Booster Board page that I have for now until I get more achievements done.
    https://crazybigfarm.net/farm/booster_board/badges.htm

I found what might be 2 mistakes?

On these 2 badges the farm cash + to production on the level 2 badges goes down to 0.
    Thank you, I will report this to the Team.  :)
  • I have not looked into this in the detail yet that you guys have. It seems to me that maybe the badges just add to baseline numbers and not inflated numbers already increased by books? I saw the first day pellets showed huge increases but the others not as much. Maybe kind of like having the kite or boosters on doesn't quite increase your reps as much as you think they would because it goes back to a baseline number before other additions. Again, this is something I have been wondering about but haven't investigated in detail.
Sign In to comment.