Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

The Village Fair

11618»

Comments

• Eowyn12 (HU1)Eowyn12 (HU1) HU1 Posts: 168
    Hi all,

Village Fair problem again on HU1 Server.

The hall of fame started with mistakes. Our coop again in Diamond League but there is few coop's who didn't started the Village Fair event. So they have the points they reached in last Village Fair event.

After Village Fair started:

Now:

As you can see, coop is named Survivor did't started yet. I don't know is there any other server or league where appeared this problem.

Other problem: one of my coop's member doesn't see Village Fair. We tried everything, clean all cookies, etc, new browser too. What else can we do? Support?

• mutterkjær (SKN1)mutterkjær (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 344
    There is a huge problem with the challenges in Village Fair. For month now, it is extremely hard to find a challenge that does not take 13 hours to complete. Almost all of the challenges now has this length, and that is NOT FAIR. Some time back there were at least in the Bronze sektion a number of smaller challenges to choose from. Please let us have that status back.
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    edited 25.11.2020
    I've checked and the ratio of short to long has not officially changed

The more farms you choose, Main, Gourmet, and Flower, the more choice you will have
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    @RosyStarling

it definetely changed , maybe 2-3 month's ago?

It used to be way more shorter ( 30 minutes )

and way less longer challenges ( 13 hours )

But i like it how it is :)

• mutterkjær (SKN1)mutterkjær (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 344
    edited 25.11.2020

The more farms you choose, Main, Gourmet, and Flower, the more choice you will have
    Well I don´t know what you checked, but real life is that there are very few shorter challenges now, and far more 13 hours challenges. See Exxy´s post. I don´t like the long ones. Think there could be a better balance here.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004

It may not have changed officially but it has definitely changed !!!!   Bronze and Silver used to have only 1 or 2 13 hour challenges, that ain't how it is today
  • carjola (AU1)carjola (AU1) AU1 Posts: 252
    This village fair I counted a total of 32 30mins challenges, the village fair before this had a total of 75 30min challenges, so the number of short challenges has definitely been reduced

Prior to these last 2 village fair in the bronze there was never any 13 hour challenges, you may have had a few mid length challenges but most were only 30 minutes.

Also silver used to have quite a few 30 minute challenges, but this time there was none, the same for gold.

Platinum & diamond were the only ones that used to have the only 13 hour challenges. but not any more.

So yes there has been many changes in the village fair to the time length of all the challenges
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    We have passed forward that most of us believe there are fewer short VF Challenges and we would like more

• I hate to go against the grain but I have really liked the expanded selection of longer village challenges. I especially like that many of them can actually be finished by an average co-op. Picking challenges is tough and there are many things to consider when picking one. Experience really helps. Everyone still picks one here and there where you say "what was I thinking?".

I am the guy that complained forever in the suggestions that my coop always had members starting really long challenges. The long ones are valuable and a better selection means we can find some that all of our members can participate in, even the new members. The key is "when" you put the long ones on and our problem was that it was happening during the day when we were trying to score, or at the end of the fair when we were really trying to score.

I was having a hard time picking longer challenges a couple months ago now it is much easier. There are still so many challenges to choose from, including short ones, it gives me a headache looking over them trying to find the perfect one. It seems to me the selections have always ebbed and flowed and I do really like where we are at now.

I could not log in to forum for several months (always went to German forum) and I always wanted to thank Timinu and everyone for finally getting a change to who could pick challenges. It has helped a lot, even though most of us still think anyone should be able to start a half hour challenge. The current set up is way better than the previous one.
  • Whatever the ratio of short to long challenges was a few months ago, it is now skewed badly in the opposite direction.

Since when does the length of a challenge determine its difficulty? The performance rating and level aways determined the difficulty, not the length. There used to be plenty of short challenges to choose from, most of them used to be short. Now it seems as if they are all short. Most of the medium and long challenges have been taken away from us.

There are very few medium length bronze level challenges the last couple fairs and virtually no long ones. For the most part the only 12 or 13 hour challenges available are very difficult to impossible even for many large coops. Again, since when does the length of a challenge determine its difficulty level?

If many coops did not know how to use the long and medium length challenges, oh well, that is all part of what strategy is about. I miss being able to pick 12 or 13 hour challenges in bronze and having a much bigger selection in silver and gold. I miss having medium length challenges available in bronze.

Based on the previous discussion in this thread I may be in the minority but I am sure there are plenty of players that agree with me, they just do not want to clue everyone in on strategy. 
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Whatever the ratio of short to long challenges was a few months ago, it is now skewed badly in the opposite direction.

Since when does the length of a challenge determine its difficulty? The performance rating and level aways determined the difficulty, not the length. There used to be plenty of short challenges to choose from, most of them used to be short. Now it seems as if they are all short. Most of the medium and long challenges have been taken away from us.

There are very few medium length bronze level challenges the last couple fairs and virtually no long ones. For the most part the only 12 or 13 hour challenges available are very difficult to impossible even for many large coops. Again, since when does the length of a challenge determine its difficulty level?

If many coops did not know how to use the long and medium length challenges, oh well, that is all part of what strategy is about. I miss being able to pick 12 or 13 hour challenges in bronze and having a much bigger selection in silver and gold. I miss having medium length challenges available in bronze.

Based on the previous discussion in this thread I may be in the minority but I am sure there are plenty of players that agree with me, they just do not want to clue everyone in on strategy. 
    I agree. It is a lot more difficult to get a good score in the event now. It would be great if the system could be returned to its previous state.
  • Our co-op, Ripper Street on US1 server has the SAME issue - we're back in the Diamond League, even though we played NO challenges in the previous VF to fall back to Platinum league on purpose.

Why is that? We play strategically, and planned it very carefully, to play for a win in Platinum this time, since we're good, but not good enough yet to win Diamond League!

So we're not happy campers this morning, and would like an explanation, please.
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    Our co-op, Ripper Street on US1 server has the SAME issue - we're back in the Diamond League, even though we played NO challenges in the previous VF to fall back to Platinum league on purpose.

Why is that? We play strategically, and planned it very carefully, to play for a win in Platinum this time, since we're good, but not good enough yet to win Diamond League!

So we're not happy campers this morning, and would like an explanation, please.
    As mentioned in the other thread, I've passed this on to check what has happened, we will let you know once we hear back.

• Thank you.
    See above also Eowyn12 (HU1) seems to have reported the same issue.
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    Thank you.
    See above also Eowyn12 (HU1) seems to have reported the same issue.
    @Eowyn12 (HU1)

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/4390618/#Comment_4390618

You can find explanation about why it happened above

Best Wishes,
    Bunny
  • Thank you
  • bigez (US1)bigez (US1) US1 Posts: 111
    i am done with the fair they changed the ranking rewards will not waste my materials and get garbage back
Sign In to comment.