Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Visit Greta’s Dream Farm! [Discussion]

Comments

• ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    You can discuss the new event "Visit Greta's Dream Farm" here 

This has been the worst idea ever!  We are stuck with a member who decided to leave our Co-Op and she is now sabotaging all our projects.  She is angry because she can't play with her new Co-Op.  And we have no way to let her go.  So our Dream World has turned into a angry nightmare!  I also miss playing with my previous Co-Op which was a collection of international players.  This stinks!!!  If the next Dream World is the same set up, I will NOT be participating.
    I am sorry that this has happened to you and your coop.  Many other coops seem to be enjoying this event, they are all working together which brings success to all in that coop.  Maybe the next time it comes around your coop members will be able to pull together for success.  <3
  • BillJohn (US1)BillJohn (US1) US1 Posts: 78
    Hey farmers, the event is new and takes some time to figure out how it works.  It is a coop event, and certainly is a different dream than Tessa's.  Let's chill out and give it a try or two before reaching conclusions that are based on very limited experience.  Ask your coop leader to select an event to focus on and forget about the rest if most of the membership feels the game getting to be too much in your coop.  If that isn't an option, then time to join a coop that better matches your playing style.  Just don't let the game control you.  Happy Dreaming All.
    Hey farmers, the event is new and takes some time to figure out how it works.  It is a coop event, and certainly is a different dream than Tessa's.  Let's chill out and give it a try or two before reaching conclusions that are based on very limited experience.  Ask your coop leader to select an event to focus on and forget about the rest if most of the membership feels the game getting to be too much in your coop.  If that isn't an option, then time to join a coop that better matches your playing style.  Just don't let the game control you.  Happy Dreaming All.
    Nicely stated!  <3
  • BJs (US1)BJs (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    Thanks BillJohn

I proly arent gona make new friends with this post - However I think adding a couple of hours to the projects in this dream or advancing the timer so harvest may come a little faster might offset the game and bring a balance to the play-ability. Also another Idea might be getting the land cleared a little faster not as quick as Tessa dream cause she is a fine little dreamer - maybe a combo of all three ideas could be considered - Also from a larger view I get Standing on the Victory Ridge and looking around, this farm is dedicated to the gold users of the coop and if these players dont mind a few tag alongs it will have bigger payout on diamonds than I would have received playing on my own I still have over  50$ of the origin gold gifted by GGS.
     Now this is the best i could muster in the short time i able to play and it stands to good reason I could get 18 tho diamonds if this is a win - other wise I have managed to farm out about 8 tho diamonds from fields and gardens and winnings of the land grabs - - All i see wrong with this is the timing issues - It is meant to be tough - it is meant to be a Gold Gobbler ( or a Cold turkey of a game ) if that is how you view it -

Tessa Dreams of the farming community getting together and working it, dirty fingernails with happy free for all side scapes if your not into the CoOp part of her dream - Greta is a tattooed hammer wielding Pull up your dang overalls and get the hard work and gold flowing kinda gal.

Instead of making the Mistake that was made getting rid of the old VF- you know the game before the Village Fair. where we had that great little store where we used the winnings to perches the goodies like seaweed and all kinds of great gifts at a darn good price i might add for our farms. Then GGs trashed because all the negativity - and gave use a new game where anyone can and does start weird no good challenges  that bunk the CoOp up. I am a rainbow tree hugging old (other3 letter word for the posterior) Hippie. So maybe a fresh take on this can be thought out - It is not Tessa's dream It is the dream of a Purple truck driving  architect.

last part - I do believe a warning about the new gold use and or explanation of how this game was a little different than Tessa's dream would have been nice - Other than a different name to let us know it was a different game.
                                    P.S. Please for the love of BABY YODA and all other universe goodness fix the ding dang darn LOG IN issues with the forum - In game Activation my Bottom - when i use the Form link in the game it says I am not a player there is the Issue. 

• Paradice (US1)Paradice (US1) US1 Posts: 39
    I like the regular DW better.
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    BJs (US1) said:
    Thanks BillJohn

I proly arent gona make new friends with this post - However I think adding a couple of hours to the projects in this dream or advancing the timer so harvest may come a little faster might offset the game and bring a balance to the play-ability. Also another Idea might be getting the land cleared a little faster not as quick as Tessa dream cause she is a fine little dreamer - maybe a combo of all three ideas could be considered - Also from a larger view I get Standing on the Victory Ridge and looking around, this farm is dedicated to the gold users of the coop and if these players dont mind a few tag alongs it will have bigger payout on diamonds than I would have received playing on my own I still have over  50$ of the origin gold gifted by GGS.
     Now this is the best i could muster in the short time i able to play and it stands to good reason I could get 18 tho diamonds if this is a win - other wise I have managed to farm out about 8 tho diamonds from fields and gardens and winnings of the land grabs - - All i see wrong with this is the timing issues - It is meant to be tough - it is meant to be a Gold Gobbler ( or a Cold turkey of a game ) if that is how you view it -

Tessa Dreams of the farming community getting together and working it, dirty fingernails with happy free for all side scapes if your not into the CoOp part of her dream - Greta is a tattooed hammer wielding Pull up your dang overalls and get the hard work and gold flowing kinda gal.

Instead of making the Mistake that was made getting rid of the old VF- you know the game before the Village Fair. where we had that great little store where we used the winnings to perches the goodies like seaweed and all kinds of great gifts at a darn good price i might add for our farms. Then GGs trashed because all the negativity - and gave use a new game where anyone can and does start weird no good challenges  that bunk the CoOp up. I am a rainbow tree hugging old (other3 letter word for the posterior) Hippie. So maybe a fresh take on this can be thought out - It is not Tessa's dream It is the dream of a Purple truck driving  architect.

last part - I do believe a warning about the new gold use and or explanation of how this game was a little different than Tessa's dream would have been nice - Other than a different name to let us know it was a different game.
                                    P.S. Please for the love of BABY YODA and all other universe goodness fix the ding dang darn LOG IN issues with the forum - In game Activation my Bottom - when i use the Form link in the game it says I am not a player there is the Issue. 

We are aware about the forum login issue and the team is working on it :)

• 24K Mayhem (US1)24K Mayhem (US1) US1 Posts: 494
    edited 12.11.2020
    I love Tessa's DW and Greta's  is growing on me.  It is quite fun. A few tweaks, and it would be golden. :-)
    Less time for land clearing, more time for contracts. Doesn't the regular farm have a research tab for that? Greta's DW could also, right?  And SPARKLES, we need to be able to sparkle members in the coop. Tabs to remove players if needed would be a plus. Thank You  

Added PS We really really need the repeat harvester button for GDW Please Please Please
    Post edited by 24K Mayhem (US1) on
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    I will certainly put forward the idea of sparkles in Greta's Dream World
  • Tessa's dream world has removed the repeat harvest feature.  Not as much fun.  Too bad, so sad. 
    @goodgeorge (US1)  It's a bug

Please see the thread 

Repeat harvester missing in Tessa DW
  • I know players that only bought a subscription after seeing how handy the repeat harvester is in Tessa's DW. Paying to use this feature in Greta's means many will not pay, the game becomes less fun and therefore many will not play. Collecting tens of thousands of wildflowers without the repeater is definitely no fun!

This version is stacked against smaller co-ops and there is nothing they can do about it except spend tons of gold to make up for having less players. It is not a level playing field. I do find this version interesting though. Now that we know how the game works I would find it very appealing to test out this version with my regular DW coop. I have heard this from many players in the DW coop. The game would be more fair for all as you choose the size of your coop, and players not in a regular world coop could join a DW coop and play as well.
    Here we say it again. Subscriptions never applied to the DW.  The Tessa Dream World came with the feature of free repeat harvester, free swift seeder, and free Turbo Harvester.  But the Greta Dream World did not come packaged with those freebies,  Subscriptions do not apply to Greta's Dream World and I am not sure it will in the future, But of course you all can always hope.  This desire of folks wanting the "freebie" features in Tessa's DW to be also in Greta's DW has been forwarded to the Team. 
  • 24K Mayhem (US1)24K Mayhem (US1) US1 Posts: 494
    IMO, if I pay for subscription on Regular Farms, then it is not a freebie and those that pay for it should have it applied on both Tessa's & Greta's DW. 
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004

This version is stacked against smaller co-ops and there is nothing they can do about it except spend tons of gold to make up for having less players. It is not a level playing field. I do find this version interesting though. Now that we know how the game works I would find it very appealing to test out this version with my regular DW coop. I have heard this from many players in the DW coop. The game would be more fair for all as you choose the size of your coop, and players not in a regular world coop could join a DW coop and play as well.
    I think this is a very valid point. Greta's is a co-op orientated dream and being able to form large co-ops would make this much more competitive
  • Chickadee, I have played every single DW including the ones before coops were introduced. It does not matter if the repeater was or was not included in the subscription because this feature was always free in the DW. So, yes, it is now very surprising for regular DW players that that the repeater is not part of the DW even if you do have a subscription. The repeater is just nickels and dimes compared to the gold you need to buy to speed up cow and orchard harvests to finish at the top of the standings. It is the principal of it all that upsets players.

I suggested there be more to do as a coop way back at least in May on the forum as Research alone did not seem to justify the existence of coops, although research is very important if you want to finish way up there in the standings. Tessa's DW is still an individual event. The great thing about the DW coops is you meet so many new friends and get a break from the real world and your 24/7/365 coop (which I still love).

I think the negative comments about Greta's DW would go down substantially if the repeater is included for free and we can continue to form our regular DW coops.

• Maria77 (US1)Maria77 (US1) US1 Posts: 64
    Why don't lower level players have access to Greta's Dream World?  This put's a smaller co-op at a disadvantage vs a larger co-op.  I would be interested to know the reason, since some of my teammates, said they don't see the tent.  This game needs to start being fair to all players, not only the one's buying the gold GGS.
    Level 30 players do have access to the DW2.  By the time a player reaches level 30, they are acquainted with the mechanics of how the game is played and so can play more effectively in a coop setting.  That is the basic rationale for the limitations.  Newly developed main farms can quickly level up in days.  So maybe if they were not level 30 at the start of this DW2 (Greta) then they will surely be ready by the next time it opens.
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Am curious here

Does every coop gets the same booster project , at the same times

Or its random for every coop?

• Good question @Exxy. I have been wondering about that also.
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Ok, thought I'd give this time before adding comments... but here goes now.

First, the regular dream land JUST ENDED!  I was kinda looking forward to a break, or maybe work on one of the normal events that roll around, but no.   Almost immediately Gretta starts again. 

Now on the good side, the diamonds awarded last time were fantastic.  Not enough to get anything big, gonna need to do this a few times first.   But certainly more than the single version.

Now the downs.
    1.   BORING!!!!!!!  Same farm, same tasks, every single time.   SO VERY BORING!  Once in a long while?  I could do this.  Back to back to back?   Well it's over now start again?   not so much.

2.  Team effort.  Ok, I have three big farms.  My coop on the UK, I have a few really good players, a few more who are good when they are around but vanish for fairly long periods, so all in all not enough to complete anything here.   We tried several times to get through a corn mission and failed.   Players start dropping off and that's that.  This is on day one.  Already bored everyone right out.

My International farm, a coop I started fairly recently so very much a young coop, and I have very easy going rules set.  Players on that one show up maybe once a week.   And again we cannot get through ANYTHING.   Not even close.  Needed 3000 corn for the "easy level"  and we barely managed to get 600.   And again players don't stick around.
    Add to this, my two farms here, I goofed up and ran out of money.   Now it's incredibly boring growing flowers over and over and over TRYING to fill greedy contracts to pick up enough money to advance ANYTHING.    I think I'm ready to walk on both of these.

3.  Now for my US farm.  I'm not a leader there, we have a great one, and that coop is amazing.   But now.... I feel like a big fat third wheel.   I don't know how they do it but they are filling missions with milk, cherries, wheat.... this is day one!  I have corn and chickens.... I dont' have money to blow on this game.   They have GOT to be spending gold.  But darn it I can't help at all.   By END of day I finally was able to pitch in for research.  (I DO have a life,) played for an hour or so this morning then had other things to do.  Back on this evening and it seems I'm SO far behind everyone else, again what's the point?   If the repeat harvester were free as it is on the other dream, that might help.  At least while I'm outside working on winterizing my pond, I could have had slow crops cookin.   But no, I found out the hard way the last time this came out repeats cost gold.   Not worth it. 

This is just not fun.   And for diamonds that I will need many more of to do anything worth all the time spent.
    BTW that coop has EASILY held gold in the CC for a very long time now.   This time around it was agreed by everyone to just let it go.

So my bottom line?   Repeating the same high pressure event over and over, back to back, is a fantabulous way to DRIVE PLAYERS AWAY!  

I think for the two where I ran out of cash?   I got what I'm going to get.  Phoey.  The US coop I'm picking up a lot of farm cash and diamonds but since it's a team effort I sure don't feel like I'm helping this team.   Makes me feel bad, not good playing a fun game.   

This event needs a serious rethink.   OR at least don't run it so darn often. 
    Am curious here

Does every coop gets the same booster project , at the same times

Or its random for every coop?

Good question! I will ask about it. 
    Yes I do believe that the special 400% project booster is at all the coops.  Currently this one is on the apples.  

• GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    edited 20.11.2020
    I am the founder and leader of my co-op.
    I was also the first of our co-op to open Greta's dream world this go 'round.
    Why is someone else listed as our cooperative leader on the dream world?
    It's because they were the first person to open the Dream World from your 'real' co-op

Dream Worlds are on different servers

A Dream World co-op is founded anew every time

So the first person to open it is the Founder and Leader
  • fatcat (GB1)fatcat (GB1) GB1 Posts: 23
    In my dream farm,the personal and coop rankings are absent, It show the number of additional diamonds won,but that's all. I have no idea how I am doing.

Are you saying you do not have this building?

edited 20.11.2020
    I have that building but the internal rankings is blank,as is the greta's dream world rankings at the bottom of the screen. It only shows additional earned diamonds.
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Just looked at how many diamonds you would get , if u dont like to play Greta

You get virtually 7k Diamonds, For only logging on Greta's dream world , That's fairly good :)

For 1 click :D
    the coop rankings are there
  • Jenny1979 (GR1)Jenny1979 (GR1) GR1 Posts: 1,639
    take a look at the circle of feeding where super feed, premium feed and seaweed feed is on our main farms and where is in Gretas, same goes for humus too
    can you please put feed and humus in their original position next time? cause it is wrong 
    its very confusing and leads to mistakes

Sign In to comment.