Home EN Bug Reporting & Technical Issues

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Shovels not working

Hi. We had a member on our team that did not log in for a year. She maintained her 5 shovels the entire time even though she did not contribute at all. I came back from a long pause during the beginning of that year, so naturally I only had one shovel left (should have had none if you ask me). I threw myself into action, spent gold to contribute and put in loads of hard work to help. When, after a year with not even being logged in, she left with her 5 shovels I still had not managed to even get two shovels despite all my efforts. What is the deal with these shovels? They used to work, but now, no matter what I do and how many events I partisipate in, it is not budging at all.

Comments

• ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    Hmmm! Very interesting. Can you post me a screenshot of the 5 shovels.  I am not sure how one get 5 shovels, I only have seen 1 set of shovels per person.  Note the screenshot.  If this is not what you are talking about I will need you to clarify. Thanks.

• Jesse123 (INT1)Jesse123 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,558
    edited 17.11.2020
    I believe that the number of shovels you receive is based on how much you have contributed for the last five projects. That player might have contributed a lot a year back, and if you've not done any project after that, the stats would remain the same. 
    So, once you've contributed and completed a few more projects she would end up having one or no shovels at all. 
    I really don't know how it works, but I guess it also depends on how many players are contributing for the project or if you are doing it by yourself. 
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    edited 17.11.2020
    It's based on the best 5 results from the last 6 Projects that the co-op ran

If the co-op doesn't run Projects then it will never change

If you are running Projects then I have no idea why the shovel count doesn't change. 
    Don't  confuse Projects with other co-op activity such as Missions. Shovels only measure Project activity

If you confirm your co-op runs Projects then I can investigate further
    Post edited by RosyStarling on
  • Tiedemann (SKN1)Tiedemann (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 19
    It's based on the best 5 results from the last 6 Projects that the co-op ran

If the co-op doesn't run Projects then it will never change

If you are running Projects then I have no idea why the shovel count doesn't change. 
    Don't  confuse Projects with other co-op activity such as Missions. Shovels only measure Project activity

If you confirm your co-op runs Projects then I can investigate further

Hi. We have a linguistics barriere here. I don't know which of the activities is refered to as projects. If it is the one where our co-op is gathering 4 different items in various quantities to compete against other co-ops I have definitly helped alot on those (I made sure to get in the top 3 partisipants among our co-op members for several months everytime this event was on). We do mostly every group related activity that comes up.
    Maybe a picture might help the linguistic barriers.  The picture is what is on the 1st page of Cooperative Projects.  A failed project activity won't change the shovels until the cooperative finally succeeds in completing a project.  Once it succeeds, then the system will reset the "shovel" activities to reflect what members contributed toward the completion of the the project. In this illustration the Egg scramble is selected.  As you can see, the cooperative members must collect 142,500 eggs in 6 days.  I hope this helps.  <3

edited 20.11.2020
    " If it is the one where our co-op is gathering 4 different items in various quantities to compete against other co-ops I have definitly helped alot on those (I made sure to get in the top 3 partisipants among our co-op members for several months everytime this event was on)."   These are called  Missions

Only the Projects Chickadee shows above count for the shovels

No other co-operative event, Missions, Hard Worker or Village activities add to your shovel count
    Post edited by RosyStarling on
    Thank you! This is great info! We haven't done any of these in months! I'll have to rectify that!
  • Gut Landluft (DE1)Gut Landluft (DE1) DE1 Posts: 9,612
    the shovels have no effect
    they're just nice to look at
    in a 75-member alliance, nobody has 5 shovels at the moment and not even the gold badge
    nothing changes if you have no or 5 shovels

edited 18.11.2020
    When was the last time you successfully completed a cooperative project? Do the shovels change at all for your friend (who has 5 orange shovels) once you have successfully completed projects?  I am just trying to get as much facts as I can to report this to the team since it might be a bug in the system.
    She deleted her account (or left our cooperative), so it is not possible for me to figure out if she lost shovels now that we are doing cooperative projects again, but she lost none during the year where I upped my game to gain some. To respond to Gut Landluft; I know id doesn't change anything, but it matters to the leaders in the coop I'm in and to not risk being kicked out I want to gain some shovels.
    edited 20.11.2020
    I'm  not sure what Gut Landluft expects to change

Completing Projects gains Co-operative Points and your co-op will eventually level up. There is a small reward when levelling including a nominal amount of gold

The gold shovel holder gets nothing but bragging rights if that is their way

See CrazyBigFarms article on Levelling up

and on Shovels

And on Projects

Many co-ops aren't concerned about Projects and levelling up as there is not a real benefit

Sign In to comment.