Home EN General Discussions & Questions Tutorials and FAQs

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Village Fair. Who can start a challenge FAQ

This discussion was created from comments split from: My ignore it list and why..

Comments

• Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495
    Go into a VF challenge and you can select Only deputies and leader to begin challenges.. I think lower right is where it is.
    Ok, when I read this I though GREAT!   Next time it's on I'll do that.
    Well the village fair is on right now.   I cannot for the life of me figure out exactly WHERE to set this for only leaders and deputies to start challenges.

Can you give me a very clear road map?   What exactly do I click on to find such settings? 
    "Go into VP challenges..."  GO WHERE EXACTLY?????
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Well the village fair is on right now.   I cannot for the life of me figure out exactly WHERE to set this for only leaders and deputies to start challenges.

Can you give me a very clear road map?   What exactly do I click on to find such settings? 

First, go to the village fair event and click on the "select a challenge" button.

Now you have to click on any challenge and a settings button will appear to the left of the start button.

If you are the cooperative leader, you can now change the settings to determine who can start village fair challenges and if there are delays in starting them.

• ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    Thank you @ninjahuman (AU1) for the detailed explanation.  I hope others who had questions about how to set the Village Fair so specified people can start a challenge will read this to get answers.  :D
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Also beware that the Co op leader is the only 1 at this time that can set the event so only the Deputies & the Co op leader are able to start the challenges
     - the deputies can set it but not limit it to just the Deputies & the Co op leader to start the challenges.
     So if by chance a member happens to be on when the event begins, they would be able to start 1 of those dreaded long no chance challenges.
    Also beware that the Co op leader is the only 1 at this time that can set the event so only the Deputies & the Co op leader are able to start the challenges
     - the deputies can set it but not limit it to just the Deputies & the Co op leader to start the challenges.
     So if by chance a member happens to be on when the event begins, they would be able to start 1 of those dreaded long no chance challenges.
    I don't think this is correct. Only the leader can change the settings and I don't think they change when the event returns unless they are changed by the cooperative leader.
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    I thought this deserved its own thread
    Finding that Setting is not exactly intuitive!!

I can confirm that ONLY the leader has the choice

I can confirm it does NOT reset each time but persists

I thought this deserved its own thread
    Finding that Setting is not exactly intuitive!!

I can confirm that ONLY the leader has the choice

I can confirm it does NOT reset each time but persists

Thanks for the information and hopefully it will help some players in the future. :)
  • Artmaker (GB1)Artmaker (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,495

First, go to the village fair event and click on the "select a challenge" button.

Now you have to click on any challenge and a settings button will appear to the left of the start button.

If you are the cooperative leader, you can now change the settings to determine who can start village fair challenges and if there are delays in starting them.

Thanks SO MUCH for this.   hope I can find it again when the thing starts next time.  No way I'd ever have figured this out on my own.   what a road map huh?   Again thanks. Might save some very aggravated members from flipping out now. 
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    I don't think this is correct. Only the leader can change the settings and I don't think they change when the event returns unless they are changed by the cooperative leader.
    I have tested it both ways - as a co op leader & as a Deputy.
     As I stated above only the Co op leader can set it so only the Co op leader & or Deputies are able to start the challenges. The Deputies can set it but not limit it to just the Co op leader & Deputies so they are the only 1's to be able to start the challenges.
    I have tested it both ways - as a co op leader & as a Deputy.
     As I stated above only the Co op leader can set it so only the Co op leader & or Deputies are able to start the challenges. The Deputies can set it but not limit it to just the Co op leader & Deputies so they are the only 1's to be able to start the challenges.
    Ok I see. When you were talking about the deputies "setting it", I thought you were referring to setting who can start challenges and if there is a delay since the word set was also used to describe changing the settings of the challenges. That's where the confusion came from.
    Thanks SO MUCH for this.   hope I can find it again when the thing starts next time.  No way I'd ever have figured this out on my own.   what a road map huh?   Again thanks. Might save some very aggravated members from flipping out now. 
    You're welcome and it's great to hear that it's useful.

Maybe try bookmarking this link if you are able to. It takes you straight to that comment.

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/4316993#Comment_4316993
Sign In to comment.