Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Big Farm Ads [Discussion]

Comments

• ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    Why not rewarding people who watch the ads ?
    give a little bit of gold to those who watch ads, incentives works way better in real life too, instead of punishment, and, it does not cost you anything, gold is not real, is only digital cluther
    this is bad, i do not see this game surviving
    cause, 60 days will turn into 30, and so on and on.....and soon they will put a minimum amount on it, and raising it
    not even subscriptions count, LOL, time to reconsidder them all
    very very agressive policy in THE MOST HORRIBLE TIMES PEOPLE HAVE EVER BEEN THROUGH
    you take take more and more, and give less and less to nothing in return
    that is saying a lot of what kinda people you are :(((((((((((

I think a lot of folks have forgotten all the "freebies" that GGS does give us because we take it for granted.  We get some gold periodically when we daily log into the game, we get free decos from time to time, free tokens when harvest various stuff (WOF tokens, Fuko Tsusho coins, pair finder tokens, just to name a few things.  Just something to think about!  :D
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    QUESTIONS FOR THE MODS:
    First, thank you mods, this has got to be so hard for you to try and handle.
    Question 1-Does purchasing gold via the BF% Sale icon at the top (3rd from the right) count as a "gold buy" to avoid the ads? If so, one $1,99 gold buy would negate the ads for a while.
    Question 2-How long is the gold buy going to negate the ads? For instance, if the BF%Sale for $1.99 for 2250 gold is bought, how long will it prevent ads from reappearing?
    Question 3-Are subscribers still having ads forced on them? They shouldn't...they're paying into the game on a monthly schedule. That should be rewarded by not making them sit thru the ads. I'm not a subscriber. but Including the ad removal as part of a subscription would make me consider one.
    Thank you!

1. I don't think so  but will get this confirmed
    2. Gold purchase keeps you ad free for 60 days
    3. It has to be an actual gold purchase, not a subscription
    So even though i am paying a subscription every month i will still get ads?? Ok then subscription cancelled and moving onto a new game after this vf, ggs can keep there game as far as i am concerned now.
  • Why not rewarding people who watch the ads ?
    give a little bit of gold to those who watch ads, incentives works way better in real life too, instead of punishment, and, it does not cost you anything, gold is not real, is only digital cluther
    cause, 60 days will turn into 30, and so on and on.....and soon they will put a minimum amount on it, and raising it
    very very agressive policy in THE MOST HORRIBLE TIMES PEOPLE HAVE EVER BEEN THROUGH

I think a lot of folks have forgotten all the "freebies" that GGS does give us because we take it for granted.  We get some gold periodically when we daily log into the game, we get free decos from time to time, free tokens when harvest various stuff (WOF tokens, Fuko Tsusho coins, pair finder tokens, just to name a few things.  Just something to think about!  :D
    of course it could also be done with less, by removing a lot of nonsense things. that saves development costs and error corrections because things no longer work. the great greed of the GGS causes people to avoid this company, which means that the tent has to be closed or the remaining players can pay even more. just an idea. Just think about that.
  • mutterkjær (SKN1)mutterkjær (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 344
    edited 29.10.2020
    QUESTIONS FOR THE MODS:
    Question 1-Does purchasing gold via the BF% Sale icon at the top (3rd from the right) count as a "gold buy" to avoid the ads? If so, one $1,99 gold buy would negate the ads for a while.
    Question 2-How long is the gold buy going to negate the ads? For instance, if the BF%Sale for $1.99 for 2250 gold is bought, how long will it prevent ads from reappearing?
    Question 3-Are subscribers still having ads forced on them? They shouldn't...they're paying into the game on a monthly schedule. That should be rewarded by not making them sit thru the ads. I'm not a subscriber. but Including the ad removal as part of a subscription would make me consider one.
    Thank you!

This is not correct. I do not have any adds, but I do have a subscription . Only 1 member of my coop is suffering from the adds, but she is not the only one that do not have a subscription. So actually, who is hidden by this awfulness and who is not ???

Edit: actually 4 members of my coop is suffering from this. 
    PLEASE GGS, STOP this NOW !!!
    Not only is it damned irritating, but it also slows the game down. I can´t even Imagine how high my bloodpressure would be, if I had 20 seconds to do the last on a mission, and were stopped by an add like this :-(((((

You have to reconsider whether there is another way to earn money enough to develop the game. I have a suggestion - STOP developing, as it is for now there is more than enough to do on a daily basis.
    Post edited by mutterkjær (SKN1) on
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    I have cancelled my subscriptions now. This as to be the worst game i have ever played and paid to play. Over 2 grand i have put into this game and this is how they treat their players, ggs you dont deserve my money.
  • second (INT1)second (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1
    They've made the mistake of thinking this is a better game than it is, and that people will put up with anything to play it.  I guess we'll see if they're right.
  • Why not rewarding people who watch the ads ?

30 gold once per week as a login bonus? A shame to have such Moderator who has no idea about the game currency and benefits. Totally disgusted with the game and GGS strategy. That's why I have no intention to play it. Have been playing for over 5 years and been in the top coops for at least three years, used to buy gold and I'm 'Enola' (alone now) because GGS became too greedy. They are desperate to get cash flow in and who would invest in a desperate company?  Too risky, might be a bankrupt very soon. 
  • Alex (BR1)Alex (BR1) BR1 Posts: 102
    Why not rewarding people who watch the ads ?

LOL
    30 gold a week while a book level costs 1,000,000
    GGS is very charitable indeed, I am impressed

many games adopt ads to increase revenue,but give GOOD rewards to those who watch them and not crumbs
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    "Over the years, Big Farm has grown a lot and with big growth come big costs to keep the game alive and running."

What I am failing to comprehend is that for years, many players have been complaining that Big Farm has added way too much extra stuff to the game and have asked to tone it back. Now, GGS is telling us we must pay for all this growth that we've been saying we don't want/don't like. This point just baffles me.

I would much rather get rid of the new 'growth' such as weird planting dust particles, the new form of mystery boxes, the new horse racing, the dairy, the new booster system, the urgent delivery event, the balloon wheel, the newer large graphics, farmer's league, so many different types of tokens, WWC (forgive me for all that I've forgotten to mention here), and go back to fewer events at a time, than pay for a game that's advertised as free. Just my 2 cents worth here.

Mods; thanks for listening to all the ramblings here & sharing our thoughts with GGS.
    Well, let's be real!  You really don't expect GGS to freely give every player 1+ Million gold do you?  That would be wishful thinking!  But I suppose the very thought is fun!  Enjoy!  :o:D
  • Alex (BR1)Alex (BR1) BR1 Posts: 102
    Well, let's be real!  You really don't expect GGS to freely give every player 1+ Million gold do you?  That would be wishful thinking!  But I suppose the very thought is fun!  Enjoy!  :o:D
    No moment I said that
    It is just to compare the value of the things we have to pay in the game and the value of these "gifts" that they give
  • JackieV (INT1)JackieV (INT1) INT1 Posts: 6
    Nah I can't enjoy. 

No one asked for 1 million gold. If only the balancing team knew what the term balancing means.
    Who would even wanna pay 1 million just to harvest less? 
  • didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    Stillfront  released their annual reports for 19. and interim for 2020 back in August- no where to be seen that BF are dying - more on the contrary...

- I'm sad that the first official answer is based on such 'fake news'.., claiming the game will die if they don't make ads or raise prices on gold, or withdraw what players paid for. or ruining the game

.. It's simply not true, except if they are lieing to the shareholders-and I think not.
    Truth is, that Empire & BF are big moneycows 

Can we please get a dialogue, where you at least pretend that we are being heard? 

Link for faktacheckers: https://www.stillfront.com/en/reports-presentations/?rep_type=annual

-didah
  • Maria77 (US1)Maria77 (US1) US1 Posts: 64
    GGS, the game is becoming less & less enjoyable.  I get kicked out constantly having to log back in.   I select don't show official announcements again, but they continue to pop up, & have to see them again & again after being kicked out & logging back in.  Now, I need to watch ads?  What are we in some political GGS election of some sort.  I WILL NOT pay to stop ads.  GGS, you show yourselves to be more & more greedy to make money.  Non-stop events every 4 days,  you are out of control.  Just for that announcement, no more gold purchases.
  • Wons (AU1)Wons (AU1) AU1 Posts: 223
    I didn't start getting these ridiculous ads until yesterday & already, they are so annoying. This along with many other things will NOT make me buy gold!!!
    I had taken a few months off the game until a couple of weeks ago & now I think I should have just stayed away from it. And OMG, so many more glitches than there used to be. Aren't things supposed to improve with age?
    You sent me a flag a couple of days ago saying Thanks for staying with Big Farm for 5 years & then reward me with pop up ads. Well, thanks for nothing guys.

You keep saying that you listen to the players and your implementing what they/we want, then maybe this should be put to a vote from the BF Community & then we'll see what people really want. GGS is slowing but surely ruining this game for so many people. You need to remember that improving is NOT the same a complicating & that seems to be what you are doing with BF & in turn, making it even more full of problems/glitches.
    Oh & can you please fix the forum login. Seems I have to verify my email every other time I try to login & have to reset my password because of it.
  • The Drifter (US1)The Drifter (US1) US1 Posts: 243
    They've made the mistake of thinking this is a better game than it is, and that people will put up with anything to play it.  I guess we'll see if they're right.
    Actually this used to be a good game. I think some like me are hanging around hoping they(GGS)  just might wake up some day. Still having a faint glimmer of hope. 
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    edited 30.10.2020
    Stillfront  released their annual reports for 19. and interim for 2020 back in August- no where to be seen that BF are dying - more on the contrary...
    When we consider statistical data or growth/loss data, it is not always a constant, and it always changes, this report you mentioned was of 2019, so there can be a chance that it changed now.

P.S: This is not an official post, and is a personal post.
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    @ChickadeeQuilter

If GG would give me 1 Million gold , I would be disappointed

I would have wanted 2 Million gold!

:D
  • didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246

BugsBunny said:
    When we consider statistical data or growth/loss data, it is not always a constant, and it always changes, this report you mentioned was of 2019, so there can be a chance that it changed now.

P.S: This is not an official post, and is a personal post.
    Thank you, I do know about that things can change - but as most of you know, I have advocated for that you buy their stocks instead of putting money into the game. This company is a top-pick for investing...and I know, because I get daily news about it. Also, they have broken the record during the pandemi - so please...;)

More faktacheck? : redeye.se  

• maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    edited 30.10.2020
    QUESTIONS FOR THE MODS:
    Thank you!

That is disappointing that the subscriptions don't count.  Any chance they might rethink this for the future?  
  • sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 193

The only reason this game would be failing is through bad management, greed and scaring customers away. 
    Go figure.
  • fantocis (LT1)fantocis (LT1) LT1 Posts: 1
    edited 30.10.2020
    Labai gaila. Daug metų žaidžiau o dabar išsitrinsiu. Daėdė jau su savo pirk auksą ir dabar dar su pastoviai trikdančiu žaidimą  Play now arba išsipirk reklamų nebuvima. Tai pats tikriausias šantažas ir tiek.

Translation:

Very sorry. I’ve been playing for years and now I’m going to erase it. Daėdė is already with her buy gold and now still with the constantly disturbing game Play now or buy out in the absence of ads. It’s the truest blackmail and both.

(Translated using Google Translator By Bugs Bunny)
    Post edited by BugsBunny on
    Labai gaila. Daug metų žaidžiau o dabar išsitrinsiu. Daėdė jau su savo pirk auksą ir dabar dar su pastoviai trikdančiu žaidimą  Play now arba išsipirk reklamų nebuvima. Tai pats tikriausias šantažas ir tiek.
    Please keep your posts in English.  If you must post please use the Google Translate to do so.  Thank you.
  • KoStone (US1)KoStone (US1) US1 Posts: 131
    I really hate this. Also, since the update allowing the game to be played on mobile, the advertisements do not disappear, and there is really no option besides closing/reloading the page. Furthermore, GGS already earns a lot of ad revenue from their other games (Big Farm: Mobile Harvest; Big Company: Skytopia), so why do they need even more? In my opinion, this update is absolutely retarded. Please change this.

P.S. I play Big Farm: Mobile Harvest, and the server have been down for the past few days. Is there something wrong?
  • Boss_Hog (US1)Boss_Hog (US1) US1 Posts: 117
    I have 2 simple questions.First question is will people who have a subscription package still receive ads?Second question if somebody buys gold from the daily bundle at the top of our page will that stop the ads?
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    The subscription packs don't count, you will still receive ads.   One of the mods is looking into your second question.
  • @JamieFraser (US1)   "Question 1-Does purchasing gold via the BF% Sale icon at the top (3rd from the right) count as a "gold buy" to avoid the ads? If so, one $1,99 gold buy would negate the ads for a while."

Apparently it WILL stop the adverts .... for 60 days

Actually, Rosy confirmed here that the BF%Sale will stop the ads. Hopefully this doesn't change. 
    And I seriously hope they reconsider about inflicting ads on subscribers. 
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    It is already clear that they're not going to remove the ads. Many players are already asking what types of purchases are required to avoid the adverts and there are less than two pages of posts opposing the adverts on this forum after over 36 hours of them being in the game.
  • frans01 (NL1)frans01 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1
    I have had enough, either they remove these ads very soon, or I remove myself. I play a game to amuse myself, not to get irritated every time. I have played BF for about six years now, but this just might be the reason to end it.
  • Gaddam (AU1)Gaddam (AU1) AU1 Posts: 6
    Wrong, so very very wrong
Sign In to comment.