Home Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Big Farm Ads [Discussion]

RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, ModGreen Posts: 891
You can discuss the Big Farm Announcement here 
Post edited by RosyStarling on

Comments

• sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 181
    Buy a Lenovo laptop?  nah sorry I dont really like them however I had a fantastic Toshiba, gee I loved that laptop and am using a Asus at the moment which is doing pretty good..... Thanks anyway.

• ACS (SKN1)ACS (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2
    Hi! wish this advertising disappears from my 4 farms, see attachment. I want you to do this immediately, .

• Juitsu (SKN1)Juitsu (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 45
    Play with out adertisement- Adveritise with out players

Hahhaaa  :D
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 370
    I haven't seen any of these ads yet, but I get the convenience package each month so that must be why.  And if that is the case then the 4.99 is well worth it not to see the ads.

I have been playing this game since 2012/2013 and I have seen a lot of changes over the years.  Some that went over good and some that went over bad.  People will get mad,  vent and either move on or accept it and continue playing.

Right now the ads aren't affecting me, but if they ever do, then I might make another decision then.

Designed by FarmerJohn 22 (US1)
  • QUESTIONS FOR THE MODS:
    First, thank you mods, this has got to be so hard for you to try and handle.
    Question 1-Does purchasing gold via the BF% Sale icon at the top (3rd from the right) count as a "gold buy" to avoid the ads? If so, one $1,99 gold buy would negate the ads for a while.
    Question 2-How long is the gold buy going to negate the ads? For instance, if the BF%Sale for $1.99 for 2250 gold is bought, how long will it prevent ads from reappearing?
    Question 3-Are subscribers still having ads forced on them? They shouldn't...they're paying into the game on a monthly schedule. That should be rewarded by not making them sit thru the ads. I'm not a subscriber. but Including the ad removal as part of a subscription would make me consider one.
    Thank you!
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, ModGreen Posts: 891
    The Problem I have with these so called Ad's is the fact that they are not even for other games, (ALL) the Ad's I have gotten are for products you buy & use in real life nothing bout Games at all !! , so what gives? , I refuse to buy gold for this game period cause  it just is not worth it to Me at all, so I guess I will slowly fade away from this game over time, Big Farm is suppose to be around for years to come you say ? , I am doubting that very much at this point, cause all your going to do is lose your player's not keep them. :( , I understand that you claim to need money in order to keep the game going, but shoving Ad's in our faces is not the way to go bout it, nope, & I thought that Vet player's were not suppose to get the Ad's at all, so Why are We still getting them? , not happy bout this .
    After the official Announcement today the Adverts affect ALL farmers, old and new :-(
  • Tralfazz (US1)Tralfazz (US1) US1 Posts: 115
    Reading through the earlier comments and now this thread of comments it is very plain to see that the "powers that be" don't give a crap about the users, they routinely ignore complaint and bug reports from people about the game, then they add in untested "updates" that create more bugs and then ignore the complaints about those as well. The CMs get put into a bad position because it seems they are ignored as well. 

Tralfazz @ us 1
    edited 29.10.2020
    QUESTIONS FOR THE MODS:
    First, thank you mods, this has got to be so hard for you to try and handle.
    Question 1-Does purchasing gold via the BF% Sale icon at the top (3rd from the right) count as a "gold buy" to avoid the ads? If so, one $1,99 gold buy would negate the ads for a while.
    Question 2-How long is the gold buy going to negate the ads? For instance, if the BF%Sale for $1.99 for 2250 gold is bought, how long will it prevent ads from reappearing?
    Question 3-Are subscribers still having ads forced on them? They shouldn't...they're paying into the game on a monthly schedule. That should be rewarded by not making them sit thru the ads. I'm not a subscriber. but Including the ad removal as part of a subscription would make me consider one.
    Thank you!

1. I don't think so  but will get this confirmed
    2. Gold purchase keeps you ad free for 60 days
    3. It has to be an actual gold purchase, not a subscription
    Post edited by RosyStarling on
  • Jesse123 (INT1)Jesse123 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,104
    edited 29.10.2020

1. I don't think so  but will get this confirmed
    2. Gold purchase keeps you ad free for 40 days
    3. It has to be an actual gold purchase, not a subscription
    Hello Rosy
    Is it for 40 or 60 days?
    Post edited by Jesse123 (INT1) on
    edited 29.10.2020
    @JamieFraser (US1)   "Question 1-Does purchasing gold via the BF% Sale icon at the top (3rd from the right) count as a "gold buy" to avoid the ads? If so, one $1,99 gold buy would negate the ads for a while."

Apparently it WILL stop the adverts .... for 60 days

• FarmerCli (US1)FarmerCli (US1) US1 Posts: 2,298
    Well, it does seem that purchasing gold is the only way out for most folks.  I do know that Canadians and Americans can redeem a wide variety of gift cards to buy gold as some of us do not prefer to use a Visa or Master Card credit cards.  I do believe that this counts toward gold buy.  Many cards have a minimum of $5.00 and some do not include a fee for using.  Some of these that do not have a use fee are StarBucks, Home Depot, Lowes, Dollar General, just to name a few.  When getting these, check two things: 1) The OpenBucks Exchange and 2) check the card before purchasing with cash for any "hidden fees".  

This is just a friendly suggestion to help us all adjust to the new normal.  <3

Photo taken by FarmerCli  (Front Porch View of Elk grazing in pasture) 2015

• jorisvanvlijmen (NL1)jorisvanvlijmen (NL1) NL1 Posts: 100
    edited 29.10.2020
    here is an simple solution, get an raspberry Pi & micro SD card, install pihole, set it as your dns server, and the most ads are gone at all devices at your home.

if you don not know how to do it: google it
    installation help: https://projects.raspberrypi.org/en/pathways/getting-started-with-raspberry-pi 
    pihole setup: https://pi-hole.net/

greets and succes
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Moderator, ModGreen Posts: 469
  • Jesse123 (INT1)Jesse123 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,104
    Ummm    yes :-)

Corrected!
    Hmm cause I'm not sure if their next move is to reduce 60 to 40 days next if that is what is planned. 
    Oh well I guess I'll stick to ad blocker. 
Sign In to comment.