Home EN Bug Reporting & Technical Issues

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Horse Breeding Tier Bug

There is a bug when breeding two horse's of the same tier.  2 1's should get a 2, 2 2's a 3.  The tiers are not changing and are remaining the same.  Could a moderator please check into this? 

Thanks

Comments

• ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    I will check into this for you.  Do you happen to have screenshots of before and after?
  • rie22 (US1)rie22 (US1) US1 Posts: 361
    edited 13.10.2020
    I can try to get them i'm not the best with screenshots. I will have to breed another 2 horse's that will take a bit too.  Also, I'm not the only 1 having this issue. 
    The word is from The Team is that this is not a bug, but a "chance issue". Just because the two horses are the same tier does not guarantee 2 1's should get a 2, 2 2's a 3.  The chances though are increased.  I am sorry I could not be of more help.   :)
  • This has happened to me, as well. I had 2 zeroes which still bred a zero, and twice I had 2 1's remain with a 1 offspring. Please Actually investigate and explain.
  • rie22 (US1)rie22 (US1) US1 Posts: 361
    edited 14.10.2020
    Thank you for asking, my tiers always changed and suddenly they are not changing anymore.  I wonder if they did something when the horse's were updated.

Thank you for asking, my tiers always changed and suddenly they are not changing anymore.  I wonder if they did something when the horse's were updated.

This is one of the things I am checking in with the Team about  <3
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Yup , its always a chance

I also believe that the breeding level of your horses is added into the chances to get the next tier

Aka breeding two horses with rarity 1 level 20 , is lower chance to get a rarity 2 horse

Than if you would say breed 2 horses rarity 1 level 50 :)

• If it IS a chance thing, knowing what would increase the chance, such as Levels, Meadow Breeding, etc would be very helpful.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    How much of an effect do those rarity levels really have on racing outcomes? Or does it only affect the stable  breeding attributes?
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    My understanding has always been that they only affect the number of shoes required in training
  • I bred two horses together and built it up but the experience points are stuck I have been racing a lot of races and winning 98 % of them yet the experience points are stuck on level 5   and at 360 points.  Is this a Bug and can it be fixed I have worked hard for a couple of years to get my horse this far dont like seeing this problem
    You only get XP when you get challenged :)
  • I am sorry I was thinking of the competitor level.  It is stuck on level five and 360 points.  It was at level 10 then when i upgraded horse it went to level five and has been stuck there for weeks.  
    Yes

When you breed 2 horses , the new horse will have the average of the 2 horse's competitor level

So if a horse's level is 10 and the one you breed with is level 1 , it will give a horse level 5

And then , if your horse is'nt set for counter challenges, it wont get experience at all
  • please tell me how to set  for these counter challenges so i can gain experience.  Thank You

You go to middle tab, after clicking the horse truck in horse farm :)

Then you can set your defense for all 3 types of competition there 
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    edited 11.06.2022
    Yes

When you breed 2 horses , the new horse will have the average of the 2 horse's competitor level

So if a horse's level is 10 and the one you breed with is level 1 , it will give a horse level 5

And then , if your horse is'nt set for counter challenges, it wont get experience at all
    I just checked my settings and they are correct. My no. 1 horse is selected for all challenges.
    Still after breeding a lvl 10 with a level 1 horse, my new horse at level 5 says 368/450 experience points and it is not progressing. Challenges I start and win have no effect and when being challenged and having won has no effect either. 
    I feel that something broke along the way of all updates that have been done since the changes of the horses.
    I  hope that @RosyStarling or @BugsBunny or @ChickadeeQuilter have some answer for me.
    Or do I have to contact support?

Post edited by Kimmiecat (NL1) on
    Just to clarify
    Your "no. 1 horse which is selected for all challenges" is "the new horse at level 5" that you refer to 
    So that means that when you look at the Notice Board 2nd tab, you see this level 5 horse being beaten but the competitor level numbers are not changing ?
    (I am particularly interested as I am trying to increase the competitor level on one of my horses at the moment)
    Just to clarify
    Your "no. 1 horse which is selected for all challenges" is "the new horse at level 5" that you refer to 
    So that means that when you look at the Notice Board 2nd tab, you see this level 5 horse being beaten but the competitor level numbers are not changing ?
    (I am particularly interested as I am trying to increase the competitor level on one of my horses at the moment)
    I may be wrong, but the "competitor level" does not come when you select horses to challenge, but from the other players who challenge you (you have no control over which horse the system picks for the other players to choose from). From what I have come to understand is that you only get increase competitor level when your horse wins against the other player's horse who challenged you.  Basically, you have very little control over this area other than to make sure all your horses in the stable are topnotch horses.  Other players who challenge you are doing so because they see they can choose the lowest level horse to challenge. So if all your horses are low level, then most likely they will always lose whether they be challenged by others or you challenge others.  Keep working your horses in the arenas and the meadows to increase your horse's skill and level then you will win more often, thereby increasing your horse's competitor level in the process.  Hopefully that helps.
  • nuke9104 (US1)nuke9104 (US1) US1 Posts: 149
    edited 12.06.2022
    Just to clarify
    I may be wrong, but the "competitor level" does not come when you select horses to challenge, but from the other players who challenge you (you have no control over which horse the system picks for the other players to choose from). From what I have come to understand is that you only get increase competitor level when your horse wins against the other player's horse who challenged you.  Basically, you have very little control over this area other than to make sure all your horses in the stable are topnotch horses.  Other players who challenge you are doing so because they see they can choose the lowest level horse to challenge. So if all your horses are low level, then most likely they will always lose whether they be challenged by others or you challenge others.  Keep working your horses in the arenas and the meadows to increase your horse's skill and level then you will win more often, thereby increasing your horse's competitor level in the process.  Hopefully that helps.
    @ChickadeeQuilter, per the Tutorial provided on the French Forum Wiki, which was translated by @RosyStarling HERE, you gain two points toward the next Competitor Level if your horse wins when you are challenged by others, and one point if your horse loses when challenged (see section 9.1).  I agree with you that we have almost no control over raising the Competitor Level ourselves, for the reasons you cite.

The only strategy I think I've seen to help this out is to make a really low level your champion (I've seen some 0 level/breeding value horses be champions), which everyone wants to challenge.  Your horse should more quickly go up in Competition Levels because of their low level.  At the point your horse has gotten to Competition Level 10, you could then either build up this horse, or breed it with a better horse.  I don't know how well this works, as I haven't tried it myself.
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346

I am really confused by this note
    You state, "you have no control over which horse the system picks for the other players to choose from", but what about choosing your champion horse for each discipline here (or letting the system choose your best horse)?

When all this horse racing changed a few years ago, it was said within this discussion (link below), that this choice of horse is for when being challenged
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/203794/horse-ranch-guide/p4

and this tutorial says the same;
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/210241/tutorial-everything-you-always-wanted-to-know-about-horses#latest

So when did it change that you have no control over which horse the system picks for the other players to choose from? 
    Also, as a challenger, I have never been able to choose which horse of the opponent I want to compete against, but that's how I read your note.

• nuke9104 (US1)nuke9104 (US1) US1 Posts: 149
    @Heather Norsk (US1), you are right that you can choose your champion horse for each discipline, and that will be the horse that will be challenged, but I took @ChickadeeQuilter 's posting as meaning that the computer picks the opponents, so we have no control of when you are chosen as an opponent nor how often, and there is no way for us as players to speed this up and raise our (chosen) horse's Competitor Level faster.

The only strategy I think I've seen to help this out is to make a really low level your champion (I've seen some 0 level/breeding value horses be champions), which everyone wants to challenge.  Your horse should more quickly go up in Competition Levels because of their low level.  At the point your horse has gotten to Competition Level 10, you could then either build up this horse, or breed it with a better horse.  I don't know how well this works, as I haven't tried it myself.
    This is exactly what I am trying to do  :¬)  Unfortunately my lowest horse is a 105 so I am not being challenged much  lol
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    thanks @nuke9104 (US1), that makes much more sense ;)
Sign In to comment.