Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Is there a glitch in the pumpkin search?

These pumpkins are really hard to find, especially the ones that are actually butternut squashes! However, I did manage to get down to the last one on the flower farm and ended up getting so frustrated that I paid out gold just to find it.

I swear it isn't there. I must have hit Show Me 10 times and it keeps taking me to one of two slightly different locations around that airborne wheel of fortune. There's nothing there but a field. THERE IS NO PUMPKIN!

Comments

• I just tried it again. It took me to a different location - not really any overlap. Definitely a glitch.

• Moliugas (LT1)Moliugas (LT1) LT1 Posts: 153
    I have never had a pumpkins or other searchable items in the tents area. But now they are there too.

• I couldn't find 2 on the Co-operative so I used some gold - it took me to one that definitely wasn't there earlier - it was in an orange tree and I had made a point of clicking all over all the trees so I reckon they want us to use our gold. I still haven't found the second one and as this is the first day I'll wait till the end in case they move the goal posts.
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    I had trouble w/ that very same one Moliugas.  I used my FREE find and I even zoomed in 125% and almost missed it. They have never been hidden in there before! I generally like doing the search events... but this one is frustrating.  They are too small and the colors don't contrast enough.

• ronin7 (INT1)ronin7 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 542
    Once my eyes start either watering or things get blurry or feeling of oncoming migraine, I stop looking for the pumpkins.  Not worth the time or effort or damage to eyes.  This hunting game has become as frustrating as some other games that I use to enjoy but no longer do.  I find myself playing the game for less and less time; and, sometimes I just log on to do my harvest, then log off.  I fortunately have another game that is enjoyable which has almost zero frustrating moments.  BF is fast approaching zero enjoyment; don't know yet when it will bottom out; probably when I give up leadership of my coop to someone else; then for sure will be end of BF. I will certainly NOT play BF on Steam which is like a farming version of Sims.  I wish this hadn't happened to a fun game with pumpkins.
  • I found one -in- the fish market on the Flower Farm, on the shelves by the yellow umbrella.  My co-op mate found one on an unpurchased piece of land, and when he'd click on it, it tried to get him to buy land instead of giving him the pumpkin.  Please fix this!  Don't put them on hot spots.
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    Do you have a screenshot of the one on unpurchased land or un developed land?
  • Do you have a screenshot of the one on unpurchased land or un developed land?

No.  I'll ask my co-op mate who had it if he does.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    Do you have a screenshot of the one on unpurchased land or un developed land?

We had a coop member say the same thing... will check  to see if they have a screen shot... doubtful but who knows. :)
  • Do you have a screenshot of the one on unpurchased land or un developed land?

He says he didn't take a screenshot yesterday when it happened.  We'll be watching for other occurrences and make sure to get one then.
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    I found one -in- the fish market on the Flower Farm, on the shelves by the yellow umbrella.  My co-op mate found one on an unpurchased piece of land, and when he'd click on it, it tried to get him to buy land instead of giving him the pumpkin.  Please fix this!  Don't put them on hot spots.
    If the gold/cash was deducted from his account, please ask him to contact support in this regard
  • I couldn't find 2 on the Co-operative so I used some gold - it took me to one that definitely wasn't there earlier - it was in an orange tree and I had made a point of clicking all over all the trees so I reckon they want us to use our gold. I still haven't found the second one and as this is the first day I'll wait till the end in case they move the goal posts.
    That was similar to what happened to me. I used the gold and it took me to a point just next to the Flower Shop. I hid the Show Me quite a few times and it kept going to different areas so in the end the only place common to all of them was the bit with the two trees next to the shop. I clicked all round that part but never found the pumpkin. They usually highlight it when you've paid for it or used the free search but there was nothing. I'm sure it wasn't there. That's the last time I use gold in a search event.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    I enlarge my screen and increase the brightness in the computer settings which helps me find them.  I do find that when I don't find all at the first attempt I go on to another farm to search and later come back to the farm which I still need to find and somehow those appear and before the day is up, I have found them all.  B)
    I enlarge my screen and increase the brightness in the computer settings which helps me find them.  I do find that when I don't find all at the first attempt I go on to another farm to search and later come back to the farm which I still need to find and somehow those appear and before the day is up, I have found them all.  B)
    That's a nice strategy, thank you @FarmerCli (US1)
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    BugsBunny said:
    That's a nice strategy, thank you @FarmerCli (US1)
    You are very welcome, @BugsBunny<3
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Not being credited for all the pumkins.  Did the search this morning, and on several of the farms it said I still needed one more. So I searched again, found the pumkins, and each still said I needed one more.  Left the game for a few hours, found the pumpkins, and it still says I need one more.  I know this has happened to others in the past ... is there a workaround?
    Not being credited for all the pumkins.  Did the search this morning, and on several of the farms it said I still needed one more. So I searched again, found the pumkins, and each still said I needed one more.  Left the game for a few hours, found the pumpkins, and it still says I need one more.  I know this has happened to others in the past ... is there a workaround?
    Can you try clearing your cache? this sounds to me like a client-side issue.

• zebra5 (US1)zebra5 (US1) US1 Posts: 11
    I also found one on the yellow striped umbrella at the fish market.  And I found one on top of the Mermaid Cafe!  As been stated above, please stop putting them on the hot spots.  I am still missing one on my flower farm; I've been over it zoomed in, with magnifier, even checked all hot spots - it just ain't there.

I understand making it tricky, but making it *unsolvable* is really no fun.
  • ronin7 (INT1)ronin7 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 542
    of course there is a glitch; sometimes the pumpkins aren't even there to be found, seen just NADA definitely a no-show; doesn't matter how hard or diligently you search --- pumpkins are NOT anywhere. 
  • The objective is to make it so hard to find that you reach for your credit card. 

I refuse to do search for the object events.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    They like to tuck them along the farm fence line.
     The only way around this is to use the "Outline view" - found in your Options menu - Top right 1 of the 4 little boxes ;) https://crazybigfarm.net/farm/beginners/game_layout.htm
    It didn't occur to me to check hotspots as they've never been there before. Maybe the one I couldn't find was inside the fenced area on top of one of the stalls. It shouldn't be though. Still a glitch.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file