Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Change for the temporary boosters [Discussion]

2»

Comments

• Mee8 (AU1)Mee8 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 213
    edited 27.08.2020
    I have been playing this game for nearly 7 years and have collected a massive amount of xp booster time over that period.   28747:25:17 on the timer, is this timer in hours minutes and seconds, or is it just minutes?, how are GGS going to compensate this, are we going to get the same back? I hope so because I have worked very hard to get this booster time  :( 

Post edited by Mee8 (AU1) on
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    edited 26.08.2020
    BugsBunny said:
    @Letty.liongamez (GB1)

You don't need to open mystery boxes at all. The Boosters in there will be replaced with a new Booster. For players, there won't be much difference.

Does this mean that any booster in an unopened mystery box will be replaced with a new version of booster but equivalent booster reward? (such as a double XP will still give double XP but with the new type of booster? and the mystery box rewards that give XP for harvesting stables & orchards, will those just be a new version of the booster but still give the same # of XP per harvest as before?)

And is this the same for appearance boosters for fields? If we have unused ones, will they be replaced with the new version of boosters (for eg; if I have 20 snowbound booster giving 30%+ ruties for 30 min, will I get 20 of the new boosters & will they also give 30% for 30 min?)

You said there won't be "much" difference, but that means there could be some. If any of these will change, I might choose to open all my mystery boxes &/or use up all field boosters before the change.

Thank you for your time looking into this for us!
    Yes, I think the boosters inside unopened mystery boxes will turn into new ones!

Appearance boosters are untouched.

Exxy (INT1) said:
    @Moderators

I did'nt see the Orchard XP being mentionned in the list? :)

Thanks for the information, I'll get this checked ;)

Best Wishes,
    Bugs Bunny

Again a vague answer;   you "think" the boosters inside unopened mystery boxes will turn into new ones, but not specifically "identical" ones. This makes me nervous.

The orchard boosters that Exxy mentioned - are those the same as what I asked about, the XP for harvesting orchards you can get from a mystery box? or a different orchard XP booster?

BTW Bugs - thanks truly for all your answers so far, you all might be busy awhile on this one :-(
    Post edited by Heather Norsk (US1) on
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • BugsBunny said:
    You can discuss the OA here.

OA Link (Click): Change for the temporary boosters

Best Wishes,
    Your BigFarm  BM Team

• I would hope that those of us that have put endless time effort, tokens, and spins to collect thousands upon thousands of XP hours to boost our levels will get compensated fully and not a small jester of your appreciation for that work and money we have put in this game. All boosters won and purchased, I would hope would be your promise we can trust you to provide a fair game,  Ty :'(
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    Rest assured, the field appearance boosters will not be affected by the update.  <3
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    edited 27.08.2020

Again a vague answer;   you "think" the boosters inside unopened mystery boxes will turn into new ones, but not specifically "identical" ones. This makes me nervous.

The orchard boosters that Exxy mentioned - are those the same as what I asked about, the XP for harvesting orchards you can get from a mystery box? or a different orchard XP booster?

BTW Bugs - thanks truly for all your answers so far, you all might be busy awhile on this one :-(
    Hello @Heather Norsk (US1),

As far as I understand, all the boosters are being migrated to a new system, so when the change happens, you will be able to get them from mystery box but they will be added to the new system since the old one is being removed, we will provide you more information soon.

Stay Tuned,
    Bugs Bunny
    edited 27.08.2020
    what about fireworks in Chinese New Year event?
    They are not affected, and they will probably be moved to the new system.

Best Wishes,
    Bugs Bunny
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
  • speedydust (INT1)speedydust (INT1) INT1 Posts: 83
    What about Mystery boxes i have in my inventory? If i keep them in inventory and wait for new update will i get new boosters from them when i open them or rewards from this boxes will be changed?
    The unopened Mystery boxes will not be affected by the update.  <3
  • At my level in the game the only reason I spin the WOF is to qualify for double XP. So all those WOF coins spent are a loss to me since now the double XP is being erased. I'm really hoping we are fairly compensated for these hours by an equal booster of some kind based on hours. 
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    I wont be wasting any more of my tokens.

I hate to think how many I have wasted to build up 425 hours of double xp boosters.
    edited 31.01.2023
    no comment
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    BugsBunny said:

Hello @Heather Norsk (US1),

As far as I understand, all the boosters are being migrated to a new system, so when the change happens, you will be able to get them from mystery box but they will be added to the new system since the old one is being removed, we will provide you more information soon.

Stay Tuned,
    Bugs Bunny
    Thanks @BugsBunny, I appreciate your answers and your time, I am still really hoping for a direct answer from GGS whether the boosters in unopened boxes will have the same value or not, and also that the answer will come at least a week before the upgrade. Again, hopeful.

When they added the new type of mystery boxes, the value of what is in those boxes is less than what was in the old type of boxes (but in that case at least the old ones did not go away, the new ones were just added - I am just using this as an example to show difference in value). This is the concern I have, that the new type of boosters will not be the same value, so we end up losing out. Based on experience, there's a good chance by the time they tell us an answer on that, it'll be too late to open the boxes to get the old value from them. It's already the 28th and we're only told early Sept. That could be the 1st, it could be the 10th .... that's a lot of difference when it comes to booster times that are stored up in boxes :-(
    "migrated to a new system" unfortunately I can read that in several different ways because there are so many different types of "systems"

• Just Kar (US1)Just Kar (US1) US1 Posts: 340
    This should be interesting. I don't know about all of you but I have a serious problem with our devs! I cannot believe they can sit around brainstorming on what to take away or change on us next while ignoring the *bleeping* lag on loading boats, and Pleasure Park. 

It's almost as if they are trying to run this game into the ground while they promote their "new game". The way we are treated in this game makes me wonder why anyone would even peek at any other game by these people. I know I will not!
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    This should be interesting. I don't know about all of you but I have a serious problem with our devs! I cannot believe they can sit around brainstorming on what to take away or change on us next while ignoring the *bleeping* lag on loading boats, and Pleasure Park. 

It's almost as if they are trying to run this game into the ground while they promote their "new game". The way we are treated in this game makes me wonder why anyone would even peek at any other game by these people. I know I will not!
    There is not that many who are playing there new game only been 167 playing at any one time.
  • Mac56 (GB1)Mac56 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 353
    I have been playing this game for nearly 7 years and have collected a massive amount of xp booster time over that period.   28747:25:17 on the timer, is this timer in hours minutes and seconds, or is it just minutes?, how are GGS going to compensate this, are we going to get the same back? I hope so because I have worked very hard to get this booster time  :( 

Like you I have quite a lot too nearly 29,000 which I have accumulated over 6 years and want to know how are they going to compensate for all the time we have all worked hard to get.
    Thanks @BugsBunny, I appreciate your answers and your time, I am still really hoping for a direct answer from GGS whether the boosters in unopened boxes will have the same value or not, and also that the answer will come at least a week before the upgrade. Again, hopeful.

When they added the new type of mystery boxes, the value of what is in those boxes is less than what was in the old type of boxes (but in that case at least the old ones did not go away, the new ones were just added - I am just using this as an example to show difference in value). This is the concern I have, that the new type of boosters will not be the same value, so we end up losing out. Based on experience, there's a good chance by the time they tell us an answer on that, it'll be too late to open the boxes to get the old value from them. It's already the 28th and we're only told early Sept. That could be the 1st, it could be the 10th .... that's a lot of difference when it comes to booster times that are stored up in boxes :-(
    "migrated to a new system" unfortunately I can read that in several different ways because there are so many different types of "systems"

I don't think you will have to wait too long to know that, you will know soon, I don't think the time values will change  :) 
  • rie22 (US1)rie22 (US1) US1 Posts: 361
    I noticed the stunning supplies have been replaced with things I REALLY don't want.  More nerfing of the game 
    ;-(
  • AHC (US1)AHC (US1) US1 Posts: 36
    It seems like whenever something is changed in this game; it's never been for the players advantage as far as I can tell.  When players like something it's either changed or lessened in value.  Personally, I think this will be the same.  I've played on steam for many years but I won't be buying the new BF game.   I hope whatever this change is, this time, it benefits "us", the ones who keep playing and paying
    Have patience, I really think you will be pleased in the long-term with the new boosters. I can't say anything more.  :o<3
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    Have patience, I really think you will be pleased in the long-term with the new boosters. I can't say anything more.  :o<3
    My guess it will be better because it has been long requested when we choose to start the boosters for (say) double XP which right now starts automatically once you win it and my guess is we will get tokens instead which we can choose when to play. Am I close to the truth?
    My guess it will be better because it has been long requested when we choose to start the boosters for (say) double XP which right now starts automatically once you win it and my guess is we will get tokens instead which we can choose when to play. Am I close to the truth?
    We can't say anything for now, but you'll hear soon o:)

Best Wishes,
    Bugs Bunny
  • BigTJ (US1)BigTJ (US1) US1 Posts: 20
    I am outraged with the new booster system.. I used the zero build time for my buildings when i had many to build/upgrade.Now GGS combines the 2 clocks even tho one of them has been purchased with real money. How much more is GGS going to take?  Can u give me an answer of how u plan to replace the zero build time?
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    @Mee8 (AU1)Mee8 (AU1) said:

I'm sorry this has been left unanswered for so long

The timer was hours:mins:seconds

You should have received equivalents in the change over

If you feel you are missing some then please contact Support
Sign In to comment.