Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

15 second commercial

Comments

• WillyBigFoot (FormerMod)WillyBigFoot (FormerMod) Guest Posts: 142
    edited 28.09.2020
    Hello Everyone (Waving Hand) I have stayed out of this complicated debate....
    Until now, in my humble Big Footed opinion :smile:

I do NOT see or hear or want anything to do with any ad, 
    unless it is my company or i own shares in the company. I have not seen ANY ads for decades. 
    I do not listen to ANY on air or internet radio stations that play ads.
    I watch some TV & Movies BUT i NEVER see any with commercials or ads. It is not hard to live a advertisement free life.
    You can easily learn how with a little time and study invested. I almost quit my beloved Big Farm when the powers that be first subjected us to advertisements from other outside company's.
    It was a buggy nightmare!
    This time around I have heard that some of the Big Farm in-game ads are quite annoying. I do not know.
    I have NEVER seen one yet. but that's just me :-) 
    I think Big Farm could have a pop out tab on the left, like our current deals pop out, with a pop out of ads we can CHOOSE to see and if WE CHOOSE to see any ad we should get Gold from that company's budget for our farms for choosing to see the company's advert.
     <3 
    Post edited by BugsBunny on
  • holidayrox (US1)holidayrox (US1) US1 Posts: 328
    With regard to these adverts we have been forwarding ALL information on

Especially your security concerns.
    We can confirm ads don't steal your data.
    Only gaming ads should be shown.

We have investigated and the adverts should only appear on farms started this year

The Dream World is a new farm every time, so that will get ads

However  many of you getting these ads that are on well established older farms.

We have taken this up very firmly 

One of us will report back as soon as we know any more
    Level 300+ farm,playing since 2013. Many purchases. NOT ANY MORE!!!!
    The ad occurrence is becoming more frequent, also, always 30 sec ads now. I am growing very frustrated.
    A lesson in how to anger your customer base. GGS should give seminars. They are very good at it.
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    Well again I logged into My game this morning and did not see a ad, so I am hoping it stays that way.
  • BillJohn (US1)BillJohn (US1) US1 Posts: 78
    edited 28.09.2020
    Well it seems I'm getting many more ads than what ggs thinks I should be getting if I follow all the comments posted regarding this topic.  It is difficult to sort out the truth from the fiction that is for sure in my case.  Yes, I get a bunch of gaming ads.  But I'm also getting just as many for Kia, spectrum services, some foreign hotel, and others.  For every gaming one seem to be getting a like number for each of these other ones too.   I'll try to attach a screenshot of the Kia one.  It seems to be for a local dealer so suppose google is riding piggyback and doubling down on whatever ggs is forcing my way.  I'm pretty basic about what I can and cannot make my computer do to stop these ads.  Tried my anti-virus software that internet provider includes and the ads were stopped from running but still had to wait for them to run there 15 or 30 seconds before the game could be play as screen just sat there frozen.  What I have decided to do is wait out this test and see what ggs does.  If it doesn't go away, then I'll just have to go away much more than I do now.  The game just isn't as enjoyable with these ads constantly poping up.  I play the cc the same way every time and have detected now scoring around 10 to 20% less than before which I believe is directly related to these ads popping up which contributes to my decreased satisfaction with the game.  Enough for now, as gotten to point I need to google the internet to find a different solution to this excess ad problem.
    I change to dreamworld farm and get this ad.  Seems they want me to go to medical school and become a doctor.  Personally, believe I'm a bit old (in my 70's) to start medical school and the brain and body not as good as once was.I'm
    And had to go back to Dreamworld and get another ad.  This time for the Make-A-Wish organizxation wanting a donation.  For some reason wasn't fast enough to capture the image showing the name of the organization.
    And return to the main farm to see another ad.  This time for a freight forwarding company.  
    Well, I researched the advice of some on this forum thread as well as advice from members of my coop.  I checked out the advice on pc world as used to subscribe to that publication back in the days of the AT computer I owned at one time.  That setup cost be quite a bit compared to today! Oh what memories!

Anyway, back to the future.  Put an extension on chrome and It seems the ads have stopped with the action taken.  Probably too much so, but time will tell.  Anyway, if this is what good game studios intended for players to do, the task has been accomplished.  With a little luck, won't hear from me again on this topic.
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    Thank you for all the screenshots @BillJohn (US1)

We'll forward this to the team :)

• On Sept. 12 my credit card was charged for a gold package which I purchased so that I could play ad free for 60 days. Both yesterday and today, I'm getting ads on my game. It happens sometimes when I log in and sometimes when I switch from farm to farm. What good was buying the gold? This seems to be a scam if you ask me.
    On Sept. 12 my credit card was charged for a gold package which I purchased so that I could play ad free for 60 days. Both yesterday and today, I'm getting ads on my game. It happens sometimes when I log in and sometimes when I switch from farm to farm. What good was buying the gold? This seems to be a scam if you ask me.
    We'll look into this and get back to you, sorry for the inconvenience.
    @Faster Grandma (US1)

Upon checking, the team was not able to find advertisements in your account, could you please screenshot them when they appear next time and send me the screenshot?

Kind Regards,
    Bugs Bunny
    Again with the dang Ad's this morning, what are we playing Musical ad's, they are there one day and gone the next then right back again ! , The 2 I got this morning were for Fake Eye Lashes which I really do not need as I have My own, & other one was something for the Future, I did not see any Game Ad's what so ever, so this really needs to go away, or I may  quit this game for good, I am sick of the ad's  already.:(.
  • BugsBunny said:
    @Faster Grandma (US1)

Upon checking, the team was not able to find advertisements in your account, could you please screenshot them when they appear next time and send me the screenshot?

Kind Regards,
    Bugs Bunny
    It hasn't happened today and by the time I figure how do do a screenshot, the ad will be gone.
  • dcamm (US1)dcamm (US1) US1 Posts: 29
    People are dropping out of my cooperative because of them.  Last straw.  we are not big spenders but we do spend some.  it is a shame.
  • Fallen (INT1)Fallen (INT1) INT1 Posts: 400
    For those that are not too computer literate here is a great little program (free) that is simple to use and has some great features. Screenshots are just one push of a button away and you can add some simple edits too.

• WORK-AROUND - WORK-AROUND - WORK-AROUND - I have not seen an ad in over a week, so maybe they stop the test run on the US server.  However, if you do see an ad, you can click on the ad which opens in another window. You can close that window and the ad disappears from your game without having to wait the time of the ad.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    OMG have they really stopped with the ads ?
     I decided to take a few days off from playing because of the blackmail ads & the fact that GGS was trying to extort money from farmers!
     I was so upset I wrote - posted - & emailed them stating just that! Blackmail & Extortion is wrong! I was not able to find any work around that worked for me - at 1 time I got an ad every time I changed farms or went into a different area an ad would pop up & I was stuck watching them :( 
    So not sure if they have actually stop running them yet but just may stick around a bit longer to see :)

So sorry to all the Mods here on the forum trying to keep all those upset farmers from not just throwing in the towel & quitting the game!
     Thank you for all you Mods do here for us!!
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    edited 04.10.2020
    I hope it isn't too little, too late - 5 out of our 9 members haven't been on in a week now.
    : (
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    I have never seen an Ad.  I must have the right Ad Blocker! I have had issues going from 1 farm to another and the screen freezing though.
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    I think they might have turned off the ads for the coop challenge. 
    I have not seen the Ad's in like 2 or  3 day's now, so I hope that fiasco is over with, let's hope aye, :)
  • Midkemia (US1)Midkemia (US1) US1 Posts: 12
    Nope.....those ads are back as of today. Guess they did not listen after all.  :)
  • holidayrox (US1)holidayrox (US1) US1 Posts: 328
    edited 06.10.2020
    yup, ads are back today. Had a few days with nothing. Very nice. THEN BAM, back with a vengence.

I REFUSE TO SPEND ANOTHER DIME UNLESS THESE ADS ARE REMOVED

This goes for ALL ggs games that I play
    Yup I got them again this morning as well, this is so ridiculous, they are gone then back all the time, I am not suppose to be getting these lousy adds, so Stop sending them to Me GGS!!!!!!, :(
  • Lnwolf (US1)Lnwolf (US1) US1 Posts: 20
    I just tab out during the ads. Gotta love an ad when changing farms. They have a term for video games that do the ads while already in-game.
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    They are already often longer than the 15 seconds they are claimed to be.
    I have had several with a length of 30 seconds.
    Like I'm going to buy any of that stuff anyway.
  • Fallen (INT1)Fallen (INT1) INT1 Posts: 400
    Maybe a different tactic is needed........... complain to the company advertising. I am sure they will soon get the message if enough people do so unless they don't care, just like GGS/BFG.
  • WingSpan (US1)WingSpan (US1) US1 Posts: 0
    I have a few coop members having this issue as well. Some are threatening to leave the game permanently. This has gotten out of hand. Every time I log in, I get "Buy gold!!!" but I literally just bought gold. Chill for a minute on the adverts. It's not a pretty look especially to those who have already bought gold. We know where to buy gold and we know where to look for the promotions. Is anyone else getting the same thing?
    I have a few coop members having this issue as well. Some are threatening to leave the game permanently. This has gotten out of hand. Every time I log in, I get "Buy gold!!!" but I literally just bought gold. Chill for a minute on the adverts. It's not a pretty look especially to those who have already bought gold. We know where to buy gold and we know where to look for the promotions. Is anyone else getting the same thing?
    Hello @WingSpan (US1)

I've merged your post to the already existing thread on the same topic.

The ads are currently ran on a trial basis, and more information regarding the same can be found on the above posts in this thread.

Kind Regards,
    Bugs Bunny

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file