Home EN Bug Reporting & Technical Issues

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Won't let me harvest or sell excess spruce. HELP!

Can't harvest this field. The amount by no means makes my storage full, but it won't let me harvest it. Nor will it let me sell any, even tried selling some off through the barn.  What should I do?  Thanks!

Comments

• Fallen (INT1)Fallen (INT1) INT1 Posts: 400
    edited 30.09.2020
    Since the update I am getting the following error and it will not allow me to sell any items. I have tried via the pop up and via the barn. The Kapok is full but the Vegan cork leather is far from full. This means that until I sell 0 items I cannot manufacture any more items and that any trees that are ready to harvest cannot be harvested.

• BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    Hello @Fallen (INT1)

We are currently investigating this, We'll let you know once we have more information about the same.

Kind Regards,
    Bugs Bunny

edited 30.09.2020
    @BugsBunny Thank you, I am sure you are aware of this but it is happening all over now. A simple but frustrating workaround is to sell the items via the barn. The problem is not all items can be sold this way.

• bigez (US1)bigez (US1) US1 Posts: 111
    i have the same problem this is getting old. almost every time they start or end an event we have problems
    Thank you both of you, The team has managed to reproduce this and filed a bug based on this :)
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Just adding my voice to the chorus ... won't let me sell spruce. Even tried selling through the barn.  Hope it gets fixed soon!
    @artful (US1) Go to your Barn, select the Village TAB and sell via there.

edited 30.09.2020
    Hello @artful (US1)

We've just checked into this, unfortunately, the root cause of this bug originates from the cat tree.

Could you please demolish your cat tree, and build it again? that will fix the issue for you.

Kind Regards,
    Bugs Bunny
  • JamieFraser (US1)JamieFraser (US1) US1 Posts: 96
    edited 30.09.2020
    WHAT!!?? So who's going to compensate us for the loss of a cat tree, and why is IT what's causing the problem when it's never done so before? 
    EDIT: It's happening on my main farm AND the Horse Farm too! 
    I have 2 cat trees, and I worked hard for those tokens to build them. I like my cats. And this explanation from GG stinks like old canned tuna fish food.
  • The Drifter (US1)The Drifter (US1) US1 Posts: 243
    I have no cat tree and when the bin is full I get sell 0. This has happened before. Pretty tiresome when same problems happen again and again after an update. Sad state of affairs
  • I have figured out a workaround: you have to sell the products directly from the barn. Obviously, this is not an ideal solution, but it will work until GGS gets this fixed.
    Yep another work around, because of incompetence
    @JamieFraser (US1) @The Drifter (US1)

WHAT!!?? So who's going to compensate us for the loss of a cat tree, and why is IT what's causing the problem when it's never done so before? 
    EDIT: It's happening on my main farm AND the Horse Farm too! 
    I have 2 cat trees, and I worked hard for those tokens to build them. I like my cats. And this explanation from GG stinks like old canned tuna fish food.
    Unfortunately, bugs happen, no game is bug-free :(
    I suggest you try contacting support regarding the compensation.
    I have no cat tree and when the bin is full I get sell 0. This has happened before. Pretty tiresome when same problems happen again and again after an update. Sad state of affairs
    This seems to be a different client-side problem, could you please try clearing your cache to see if that fixes it?

Kind Regards,
    Bugs Bunny
  • I had that problem on the horse farm with leather cork but it let me sell  a batch 320 of them (the amount to craft 1 vegan leather cork), if that helps anybody.
  • Jashe (INT1)Jashe (INT1) INT1 Posts: 51
    Hiya Folks,

I am facing a similar problem. I don't have a Cat Tree and I have cleared my cache, it's still not happening. Why don't the people here who are supposed to sort these problems out, actually get to sorting out the problem rather than asking us to clear cache and or demolish the Cat Tree. I suggest that you speak to your tech people who work on this program and have them work out a solution and give us the solution rather than half baked ideas. Demolish the Cat Tree and for compensation, speak to support where we will get another run around.

Jack Sparrow said "The problem is not the problem, the problem is the attitude you have towards the problem, which is the problem"

I am sure that if I go to my other Farms, I will find the same issue there as well.
    I see where others are having the same problem. It has happened before with the edge plants. Yes I have cleared cache.
  • I don't have a cat tree and also have this problem. 
    BugsBunny said:
    Hello @artful (US1)

We've just checked into this, unfortunately, the root cause of this bug originates from the cat tree.

Could you please demolish your cat tree, and build it again? that will fix the issue for you.

Kind Regards,
    Bugs Bunny

Could you please explain how I delete something I don't, and never will, have? Like selling 0 items I have 0 Cat trees so once again, how do I sell 0? On another note, why blame something that was working perfectly until the advert extortion issue raised its ugly head. PR camouflage is not that transparent. #JustSaying
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I have figured out a workaround: you have to sell the products directly from the barn. Obviously, this is not an ideal solution, but it will work until GGS gets this fixed.
    This didn't work for some of us.  We even tried donating the spruce to the Village upgrades, no joy.

As for no game being bug free, you have to admit that BF has more than the lion's share of bugs ... it's a constant source of unhappiness (therefore reduced gold sales), and has been for some time.  Reduce the bugs, make the game fun again, listen to your clients, and you'd see an increase of gold sales without having to bleed the players dry.  
  • Bruce04 (US1)Bruce04 (US1) US1 Posts: 198
    Same problem here. Seems to be system wide.
  • petitons (ES1)petitons (ES1) ES1 Posts: 7
    edited 30.09.2020
    Yes. The same.
    Post edited by petitons (ES1) on
  • I am unable to sell all the tree produce and building produce- the pop-up window just reappears after I click the sell button.  Is there a limit on the golden horse crests I'm accumulating (1.2M)? I have refreshed the browser- no change. Using Firefox v. 80 64-bit.
    thank you in advance.
    sincerely,
    Corny
    The Loony Bin Coop
    PS
    this is also happening in an old Firefox browser called "Seamonkey" .

• DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    No Cat Tree on any of my farms.  Happened to me as well. Somehow, after switching farms a couple times, I was able to sell spruce from the barn (coop tab). If I was a new player and ran into these problems that I was supposed to magically know how to solve... I wouldn't hang around long... for sure. 
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    go to the barn to sell what you need to.  I kept selling a bit until finally it would continue.  Since it says 0, there is no way to know how many to sell to make room for the new produce.

• BugsBunny said:
    Hello @artful (US1)

Kind Regards,
    Bugs Bunny
    Unfortunately I have 0 cat trees on my farms and I'm having the same problems with the edge plants & horse farm.  No problems before this last update with implementing the new booster program.  :(
    edited 01.10.2020
    Hello there everyone,

I'd like to clarify that the case where you have to re-build cat tree in order to harvest from your gourmet farm is a different issue than this one, the one you are facing right now (the one with sell dialog prompt in the horse farm) is already known to us and the team is working on it, as a temporary workaround please try selling them off directly from your farm management panel/barn.

Artful's issue seems to be on the gourmet farm, which is actually different I think and a few players who had the same issue got it fixed after re-building the cat tree which is why I suggested that.

Kind Regards,
    Bugs Bunny
    I have an update, we just talked the team about this, and it seems that the issue where you can't harvest from buildings in a certain farm happens when you previously had a cat tree, and you demolished that, to solve this, you can rebuild the cat tree  :)

If that doesn't work, then please contact the support team, they will be able to help.

• Bugs, I know you're doing everything you can to get real answers instead of speculation from GG. Many of us have been through this dysfunction of inaccurate info being passed to mods who then have no choice but to pass it to us. I understand that and appreciate you trying to sort out their BS. 
    Just know...this is NOT the same old problem that had been fixed. You are being given rote excuses instead of current actual information about a game damaging NEW bug. 

If GG doesn't know, they should just say so, acknowledge there's a new problem, and work to find the new bug in the latest update to rectify it. As you said, "Unfortunately, bugs happen, no game is bug-free ". Yeah they do. And this is a new bug. It was reported, repeatedly, in the correct place on this forum. It deserves their actual attention instead of old excuses that don't apply.
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    The issue on the horse farms seems to be fixed for me.
    @JamieFraser (US1) I agree with your comment above. It cannot be easy for the Mods to reply in good faith to us when GGS/BFG thinks that the Mods, and us, are like mushrooms and should be kept in the dark and fed dung (use proper word here) all day.
Sign In to comment.