Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Village Fair Changes

13»

Comments

• monks (US1)monks (US1) US1 Posts: 594
    PLEASE- change the Village Fair so that only the leader and deputies can start challenges! My co-op was in 3rd place for the Village Fair, and then a low level member (probably thinking that they were helping out) started a 10 hour challenge, requiring 133K Dandelions, 468K Pigs, 49,370 Citrus Fruits, and 29,366 Honey Cream! We are a small co-op and hardly anybody helps, so there is no way possible that we could come close to finishing the challenge! This is unfair because a few devoted members have wasted all their gold and seaweed getting points, as now we have to stop because of this mistake. :s Please change this!
  • DoomDark (INT1)DoomDark (INT1) INT1 Posts: 50

I understand that you're upset about it and something does need to be done about the village fair challenge system, but it's a bit borderline towards an insult to say that about your former cooperative member.
    Possibly. but want to guess how much I care?

DD

• DD, you are not helping us out here. Let's get this fixed!

Someone has to keep accepting new members and try to educate them instead of booting them. Every player in the game had no idea what was going on at some point. A new player who is not even at a high enough level to be sparkled should not have the ability to start a challenge over a half hour. We would all be better off with a change. You never know what new player would have gotten hooked on this game but gave up in frustration because they were booted and didn't understand why.

The fair comes up on their screen and they click a couple of times and voila, they think they are doing something acceptable, maybe helpful, because they are able to do it. Then they get booted and have no idea they just upset their entire coop and maybe ruined the entire fair for their coop. Many of these players don't even know where the mailbox or chat box is, or are scared to click on them not knowing what will happen. The game needs a constant influx of new players, a few of whom will keep playing as long as the game is not rigged against them. New players shold not be the BAD GUYS!

This is the only event where new players can influence and doom an entire coop. It needs changed!
  • Cherylm (AU1)Cherylm (AU1) AU1 Posts: 18
    realising that it is easier to add to programming rather than altering it perhaps it may incur a gold cost for challenges over 30 mins if doing SOLO and include a tab for contributing players, the more contributing players the higher the level able to start , I think it would only need up to three votes, it doesn't need to be complex!
    If a deterrent was added maybe players would not just click for the sake of it.
    This subject comes up every village fair and it would be good if we can find a solution!
    We have not had any new members apply this time as the last time it happened we kept track of the farms we booted and let the leaders of their new co op what had happened. this may seem excessive but seems to have worked.
  • Only 2 13 hour platinum challenges started in the first 2 days of the fair so far. Seriously, will this ever get fixed?
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Again, limit reg. members to 30-min challenges only, but reduce the wait time to 10 minutes.  That way the challenges can keep going and no one can throw the coop out of the running by starting an impossibly long challenge.
  • After the first 2 13 hour challenges at the beginning of the fair, we managed to keep challenges going all day yesterday to prevent another long one from being started. Somehow we started this morning in second place. I cannot babysit the game all day because I do have a job. I just checked in and we now have another 13 hour challenge going. Unbelievable! It will take us to almost the very end of the fair. 

I will say this again, we need new players coming into the game. I enjoy helping new players learn the game. They shouldn't have the power to be the bad guys. Some do not read their mail or chat. If all the coops stop accepting new players because of the fair then what kind of future will the game have?

Please limit regular members to half hour challenges! Please default the selection menu to page 1 bronze!
  • And please fix the scoreboard, although I would rather have the other 2 changes if I could only pick 2.
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Wow what 3 or 4 day's ??  am I missing some thing here ?
     when did the VF change from at least a week(6.75 days) to 1 the same length as the HW or CHW or the CC ??
    The 2 different length FHW's is bad enough - yes you read right - a 3 day & a 4 day - so now maybe a 50 % of having a chance at a GML !!
     But to hack the VF event in half or less & not change or add a way to stop the newer/lower level player's from starting any challenge over 30 minutes!
     We lost almost 2 full days because of such a thing. Normally we would be able to make up some ground with the rest of the time we had left. But now with the possibilities of a player being able to start along challenge could tie up the whole event with no chance for a co op to event try to get a couple in.
     Unless there is at least 24 hour notice - just like for the CC - more & more co ops will just stop taking in player's for the event's or not do them/it at all.
  • Are we ever going to hear any more about this?

I babysat the fair all day yesterday and really thought all of our players finally understood. I decided I had better check in again to babysit some more and found that a 13 hour challenge had just been started. We were in third, we will drop fast. I am also going to drop fast in the farmers league.

Why does this event have to be so frustrating? Why can't our simple solutions get implemented? Default the selection menu to page 1 and only allow officers to start challenges longer than a half hour. Pull some people off Big Farm Story and fix this, PLEASE, and the scoreboard still doesn't work properly.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    @SnapDragon
    We are told that it's in leagues and teams in different leagues default to different pages.
    Could you please tell them that THIS IS A DISASTER !!!
    NOBODY will complain if we all default to page 1
    Please, PLEASE, PLEASE get them to listen
  • just change the default to 30 minute challenges for 2 farms.  That would eliminate 99% of the problems
  • My coop has, several times, had a new player start a 13 hour challenge.  Though I'm sure there are some that join just to sabotage another coop, I don't believe this is the norm.  A new player that has never experienced Village Fair before sees a new event with a fancy pop out menu on their screen.  So what do they do? They click it.  They have no idea that it is affecting the entire coop.  And they later sign off because the items in that challenge are items they can't grow on their farms, so no reason to stick around for it.  And we can't really warn them not to do it in advance because we have no idea when a village fair will start.

Sure, we can boot that player or refuse to accept new players, but this is just an unreasonable solution to this problem.  We should be taking in new players and teaching them the game.  GGS should want coops to take in new players, teach them how fun this game can be and create long time customers for them, not kick them out for something they do not even understand.

Many solutions have been suggested such as allowing only leaders/deputies to start challenges or allowing only leaders/deputies to start challenges over 30 min.  Is that too difficult?  Then how about the very simple solution that has been suggested over and over...change the default page. If this is new player error, then changing the default page to page 1 would mean they would accidentally start a 30 min challenge.  Seems like a simple solution that would make many coops very happy.  And it seems like a solution that is long overdue.
  • is there a list anywhere for the prizes for Village Fair? example: Diamond League prizes for ranks 1 - 10 or Gold League prizes for ranks 1 - 10? Silver League prizes? Thanks in advance! I know how hard the moderators all work for our continuing questions!
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    is there a list anywhere for the prizes for Village Fair? example: Diamond League prizes for ranks 1 - 10 or Gold League prizes for ranks 1 - 10? Silver League prizes? Thanks in advance! I know how hard the moderators all work for our continuing questions!
    Yes open the event the first page has them all look right :)
  • dcamm (US1)dcamm (US1) US1 Posts: 29
    So loving the fact that we can limit the village fair to only deputies.  It has really helped.  
    Happened again. A newbie started a 13-hour challenge, even though all are reminded to keep the challenges to 30 min. Please change this so that leaders can set a limit on the length of challenges.
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    You can change the settings so that only leader and deputies can start a challenge.

If you are having a problem with one of your deputies then you can easily demote that person.

edited 26.09.2020
    You can change the settings so that only leader and deputies can start a challenge.

If you are having a problem with one of your deputies then you can easily demote that person.

Yes, I know, but we like to let the team start them if deputies aren't on. Time limits are the best answer. Demoting a deputy after the fact doesn't help because the damage already will have been done. 
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Yes, I know, but we like to let the team start them if deputies aren't on. Time limits are the best answer. Demoting a deputy after the fact doesn't help because the damage already will have been done. 
    Perhaps you can set challenges so that only deputies or the leader can start them and give players deputy over time as they prove themselves trustworthy and understand how most events work?
  • I am wondering why there are 13 & 14 hour challenges at all? I feel they are unrealistic & ties up the entire coop for that time period. To all who are asking, there are settings you can employ so only deputies & leaders can start these challenges. 
    I feel that a 2 hour challenge is the more than enough time to contribute what you need to, and allows for new players coming online & others going off, etc.

• ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    I am wondering why there are 13 & 14 hour challenges at all? I feel they are unrealistic & ties up the entire coop for that time period. To all who are asking, there are settings you can employ so only deputies & leaders can start these challenges. 
    I feel that a 2 hour challenge is the more than enough time to contribute what you need to, and allows for new players coming online & others going off, etc.

They are very useful for acquiring large boosters at the start of the event given that you have a lot of players that can collect enough to get all the challenge support rewards for each challenge. It's not too difficult if you get some nice items like field items or eggs in the challenge. You can also collect enough when you are online to complete the challenge support rewards and won't miss out on helping increase the cooperative boosters while you are offline in general.
Sign In to comment.