Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

15 second commercial

Comments

• Fallen (INT1)Fallen (INT1) INT1 Posts: 400
    I was wondering why my game was freezing the last couple of days and now I know why! The reason I was slow in working it out was that my adblocker was not showing the actual advert yet my game was "frozen" for 15 seconds.......The adblocker was doing its job visibly (not showing the advert) just the timer was still running.

Time to tweak my beloved adblocker I think. :smile:
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    I was wondering why my game was freezing the last couple of days and now I know why! The reason I was slow in working it out was that my adblocker was not showing the actual advert yet my game was "frozen" for 15 seconds.......The adblocker was doing its job visibly (not showing the advert) just the timer was still running.

Thank you for the update.  Some have used a specific as blocker and it works well. If there is a will there is a way.  :);)
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    MORE than half my co-op is now talking about whether or not to quit.
  • Jesse123 (INT1)Jesse123 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,558
    edited 19.09.2020

Thank you for the update.  Some have used a specific as blocker and it works well. If there is a will there is a way.  :);)
    Right, and the one which I use also shows the number of ads blocked. Surprised to see that there were more than 50 of them. 
    Post edited by Jesse123 (INT1) on
  • I can tolerate the pop-ups that I can simply X-out of.  However, a few days ago I started getting a pop-up that takes up the whole screen and ties up my computer for 30 seconds (this is a lifetime when playing BF).  It's subject is a game called I MEAN.  I do buy gold.  How can I make this pop-up stop???  It comes about every 20 minutes.  It's ruining the game for me.
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    @CookieFarmer9 (US1)  You need to buy gold every 60 days to get rid of the adverts. If you have bought gold within that time then do contact Customer Support if you are still seeing ads.

Your feedback, and everyone else's, is being forwarded all the time.
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    edited 22.09.2020
    I'm hesitant to post a solution on the forum because once one appears GGS usually seems to find a way around it. On the other hand, it's easier to notify the masses. So for now I'm going to keep my fingers crossed this solution continues to work;

I have not seen an ad yet. They sound AWFUL! Someone else also reported their screen still freezes even if they don't see an ad, but mine has not even done that. Many many years ago I downloaded adblockplus. Nowadays most browsers have an adblocker that you can turn on in their settings (chrome & firefox both do). I'm sure there's better out there these days, I am just not very computer savvy, so I don't want to imply what is the best to do or to use. More than 1 player has reported to me that adding an adblocker or updating the one they were using has stopped the ads on their farm.

To GGS: I hope they really try to hear some of the comments others have posted here. Trisha7 pointed out that if you chase away all the non-gold buyers, the gold buyers will have less to win against making it less desirable for them. It seems new players are leaving more quickly than before because they are overwhelmed with too much. Didah pointed out that this is not a test if we like it, but how much they can do before the server crashes - it's a return on investment. Artful commented that if GGS had only listened to us customers years ago making the game fun & bug free that the gold sales may not have dried up. IMHO I agree with that and now GGS is having to search elsewhere (ads) to get more profit. Like uksharon said, it makes it worse knowing that GGS is getting paid from the adverts being shown. BillJohn had a long post on page 2 of this thread with so much great info & opinion I couldn't possibly paraphrase it all, but I ditto all of it.
    Over the past year or so there have been a good number of updates that people have complained about and said they would stop paying gold and/or quit the game because of. It is often said with those remarks that it seems GGS is trying to run BigFarm into the ground by making people want to quit playing. These ads are definitely another nail in the coffin in that idea. The players we meet in this game is what keeps most people playing. They are teammates, and some become friends. It's hard to want to say goodbye to "seeing" them every day, while having some fun too.
    Post edited by Heather Norsk (US1) on
  • didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246

Using Microsoft edge along with adblocker gives best results. Chrome will throw in a lot Google ads. 
    This new browser, should do the trick -  runs & looks like Chrome - exept for no ads. 

https://brave.com/
    This new browser, should do the trick -  runs & looks like Chrome - exept for no ads. 

https://brave.com/
    Thank you for the recommendation , Brave works perfectly  :smile:
  • I saw a couple of ads on Chrome, then updated Adblocker Plus, so I'm with @Heather Norsk (US1). Have not seen an ad since, and my screen doesn't freeze either, just from time to to some graphic "shimmering". Sadly, if GGS "works their way around this" I reckon I'll be out of here too. Fortunately I've only invested a year so far, I can imagine those with years of building up competitive farms must be fuming.
  • Lnwolf (US1)Lnwolf (US1) US1 Posts: 20
    Before they broke the horse tournament I bought gold all the time. It looks like you have to buy gold on a regular basis to keep the popups form the game.
    Looking like they want to antagonize they player base. All good for me I just tab out for a min or so to bypass they ad and the product being advertised.

I was hesitant to post the adblocker I use however I now see that others are doing. I use Firefox with uBlock Origin and I have no hassles at all. Google for the addon/app and it take you to your specific browsers install location. Simple to install, easy to configure and best of all.........it is really FREE. GGS can try and get around adblockers but the technically savvy will soon outfox them.
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    As a gentle reminder to all: It is not permissible to recommend non-GGS apps on this forum to others.  Thank you for refraining from such activities. :)
  • holidayrox (US1)holidayrox (US1) US1 Posts: 328
    So, all my hundreds of purchases in the past make no difference.

yeah, keep it up GGS. Will NOT purchase gold if FORCED to. So, are you trying to make it a PAY TO PLAY?

This is a punishment based system the way you have done this.

Verge of quitting. Been playing since 2013. Have purchased gold when the offer was good and could afford it.

Now you are making me regret investing hard earned cash.
    As a gentle reminder to all: It is not permissible to recommend non-GGS apps on this forum to others.  Thank you for refraining from such activities. :)

Does that mean we may not recommend CrazyBigFarm too? The "Stalingrad Defense" of anything that BFG does not like is really a double-standard. It is a classic case "Only what's good for BFG". What BFG does not realise is that a website like CrazyBigFarm is an ASSET to its game and now with the above statement you have just negated its worth. BFG need to have a hard rethink on their public relations as it really sucks at the moment.

@ChickadeeQuilter I understand why you had to post your comment (and delete ours) and accept it. For the same reason I was hesitant to post about uBlock Origin but in all fairness the rules are not fairly applied.
    edited 21.09.2020
    You just indirectly mentioned that these ads are not gonna go away. :smile:  The only reason we recommended an adblocker is so that others won't have a hard time. But okay. 
    I am sure all these feedbacks are being forwarded, and just hoping for the best. 
    Post edited by Jesse123 (INT1) on
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    Hello Everyone,

Your Bugs Bunny here, I saw a few posts against Chickadee when she stated that non-GGS links/services related advertisements are not allowed within the forums.

We have this rule in place with a few exceptions actually for the safety of players, there are various prominent techniques like phishing and a-lot of new social engineering techniques to perform a cyber-attack or harm you virtually, and we don't want any of our players from the community to fall prey to such evil apps or websites/malware, etc.

We have an exception for a few websites like CrazyBigFarm, Larino's Corner, etc, and recommending browsers like Google, Mozilla, etc are also okay as they are the best quality, known browsers available on the internet, but unknown and not so famous websites cannot really be trusted.

I hope you understand why we are really strict with the rule, there are a lot of hoax apps claiming to be an "ad-remover" which are malicious, It doesn't take much time for a tech-savvy person to create a malicious app, so to be on the safe side we'll have to be strict here.

Chickadee is a new Moderator, and the reason why she removed the posts were mentioned above, I have restored some of the posts which sounded okay, however, we'll have to take down some posts which contained links which could/can be a question to user safety.

Thank you for understanding,
    Bugs Bunny & Your EN Mod Team!
    edited 21.09.2020
    Good News for all concerned. I have talked to the CM and all your issues with the 15-minute commercials are being heard by the GGS Team.  I am not sure what the details of the solution will be, but you are being heard.
     :) 
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    Well it seems that the Ad's are gone, cause I logged into My game this morning and did not get any, I am very happy bout this, thank you, :)
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994

Right, and the one which I use also shows the number of ads blocked. Surprised to see that there were more than 50 of them. 
    The point is more we should not have to at all!!
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    The point is more we should not have to at all!!

Exactly. I think my biggest issue is that GGS is trying to make money from both sides of this; they get money for posting the ads, and money from us not to see the ads.
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Its an interesting topic :)

Its quite complex

But personally i have no issue, with Free to play players seeing ads

As a Free players pays nothing to play

A Free player, could be thankful for development we receive on the game, and continuous entertainment they provide all Types of players ( Yes, they try to help/develop, as much for people who dont play a lot, and those who plays more ) , ( They also try to balance development toward free players and paying players )

Last i checked , Dairies are pretty awesome , and are completely free to use, and generate more dollars

The latest changes to Horse tournaments makes it VERY easy for majority of players , Never seen that many people in diamond before , Yet , People keeps focusing on negative things

In any case, I'm pretty sure, they have taken notes that ads is'nt popular
  • holidayrox (US1)holidayrox (US1) US1 Posts: 328

I would agree, EXCEPT, I have paid to play, multi times, AND am still getting the ads. Because i have not paid in the last 2 months.

So being required to pay every 2 months to get rid of ads, is to me, an insult to how many times I have paid in the past.
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    People in our coop, arent talking much about those Ads 

Are they still a thing?
  • bigez (US1)bigez (US1) US1 Posts: 111
    i am done buying gold.ads was the straw that broke the camels back.big farms loss

• Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    Well I do not know what to think now, The Ad's were gone but this morning when I log into My game they are back, what gives?
  • Midkemia (US1)Midkemia (US1) US1 Posts: 12
    Yes, ads are back in full force.  Not only upon log in, but also changing farms, even when watering other players' trees.  I think they had just stopped them for the duration of the CC so that players would stop complaining and now they just put them back up.  So when they say there is no short term solution..... hmmm makes me wonder.  If they can stop them during CC, why not all the time?

My next step will be adding an ad blocker to my game and if that does not work, well, I will be on my merry way to other games

Them saying we are heard does not mean we are listened to.  
    Well actually you are being listened to, but it takes some time, so please be patient.  Thank you.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    This is what they look like for those that don't know:

And it lasted for 30 seconds, not 15 seconds. It's pretty disruptive in my opinion, it was lagging while the advert was showing and it was also flashing which may be a bit rough on some people's eyes.
    This is what they look like for those that don't know:

And it lasted for 30 seconds, not 15 seconds. It's pretty disruptive in my opinion, it was lagging while the advert was showing and it was also flashing which may be a bit rough on some people's eyes.
    Very informative, thank you.  

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file