Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

15 second commercial

Comments

• Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    How often the adds pops up?

I have no idea, since i bought gold recently :)

I know, there is publicity/adds 25% of the time , All the time, for every show i watch on TV ;p

• GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    They pop up every time you move from one farm to another, for example switching to the gourmet farm from the main farm. If you then go to the flower farm it pops up again.

edited 18.09.2020
    I admit, it sounds a bit annoying

what is the minimum offer u have to buy, to get rid of them?

1.99$?

That would cost a person 0.99$/month to completely get rid of them

That's 12$/Year

its not optimal, but it doesnt sound that unrealist or undoable

Maybe the whole scenario is'nt great, as people are used to having an ad-free game

Buying a brand new game ( for most , is average 60$ , going up to 90$ for console games )

Considering those cost , you'd have to play for 5 years, at this rate, to cover the price of a full game

And we get plenty of things developped for the game , at this point , its a matter of what u think its worth :)
  • The Drifter (US1)The Drifter (US1) US1 Posts: 243
    it is still extortion
    edited 18.09.2020
    Its a matter of point of view

Its really difficult for any business to really offer free products

As far as i know, I dont know a lot of people who would accept working without getting paid :)

Sadly , it seems to be a theme that is pretty recurrent with gaming companies , that a lot of people doesnt understand, its a business with operation costs , they have to pay for a place for workers to work, they have to pay salaries, they have to pay for hardware for their workers ( computers , servers , equipment ) , they have to pay for rental , heating/energy

if all these things would be free for the company, i'm sure they would offer their products at the lowest price possible

Asking a person to contribute 1$ per month , is far from unreasonable , even if u dont like it

I'm not sure, what other tangible things you can reasonably obtain with 1$/month in 2020 

Just to compare, where i live, a chocolate bar per month, would cost me more, than what Big Farm is asking :S
  • mistie (US1)mistie (US1) US1 Posts: 304

As far as i know, I dont know a lot of people who would accept working without getting paid :)

Sadly , it seems to be a theme that is pretty recurrent with gaming companies , that a lot of people doesnt understand, its a business with operation costs , they have to pay for a place for workers to work, they have to pay salaries, they have to pay for hardware for their workers ( computers , servers , equipment ) , they have to pay for rental , heating/energy

if all these things would be free for the company, i'm sure they would offer their products at the lowest price possible

Asking a person to contribute 1$ per month , is far from unreasonable , even if u dont like it

I'm not sure, what other tangible things you can reasonably obtain with 1$/month in 2020 

Just to compare, where i live, a chocolate bar per month, would cost me more, than what Big Farm is asking :S

The lowest gold package for me is $5.00..... some people are on a VERY tight budget.

edited 19.09.2020
    I understand this part very well

Managing your money, is a part of your life

And just for the reference, in life, i dont know many business who offers their products for free :(

There is also good chances, that the company runs on a tight budget as well, and need to generate revenues ( its mostly theoric )

Well, you can do some research on the whole Stillfront group

In any case , I'm sure they are reading every comments about it :)

• ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    I don't really know what to say about the adverts but I am not thinking of anything positive to say about them. Luckily I have not received any yet for some reason but they have already made multiple changes that give big advantages to players that make purchases, such as subscriptions, a higher frequency of events, etc.

I can't see why this advert feature was necessary because although other players already had a huge advantage that was increasing over time, I thought those features would be sufficient and would be the other alternative to diminishing the experience of a large proportion of players.

It's one thing to have players purchase the game from the start but it's another thing to force players to frequently contribute towards the game if they don't want to have adverts flying at them all the time after multiple years of ad-free gameplay.

I guess that this also shows that it's not good to invest time into temporary things as circumstances can change within the snap of a finger.

I just hope there is some way they can reconsider this feature without it being as disruptive as it currently is. A huge proportion of their player base is going to be susceptible to leaving the game over this.
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325

Well now they need about 99 people a month to make up for the 100 the are loseing form me. Also there sales have been going up but at this rate they will see a decrease and at that point it will be to late for them to fix it. Like I said I have spent close to or over 100 a month every month Sence before the ball on wheel and 70 it more for the year before that when they had the gold chest deals. Now at best I am only 20 a month and that is only so I can get more diamonds on dream. I have just not even been logging on again. And I was a 4 to 24 hour a day player. I have also referred a lot of players. I will not be doing that any time soon. Have you ever heard the phrase it takes money to make money? Because they must not have. My coop for one has stoped useing gold in VF wich means a lot have stoped buying gold Sence the coop does not need it. Thoes so called "free players" are helping and paying. 1. By giving the gold playersmore of a challanges.2.giving the gold players a reason to buy to help there coop get gold and help there coop members do better in competitions.3.word of mouth. I and a lot of the big golders in my coop have several slowed down on our playing and gold buying. I know what my time and money is worth and this game is no longer worth it.
  • Trisha7 (US1)Trisha7 (US1) US1 Posts: 13
    If you click on the ? in the top left corner the ads are sponsored by Google, at least for me because I play through Chrome. I can click on never to see the ad again, but they will show other ads unless I pay, it is extortion, as if Google doesn't make enough or own enough, or CONTROL enough (and people worry about wearing masks, just saying). 
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    So how often do these ads appear and which browser stops them from appearing? I find GGS quite dumb and lazy with programming with many events (temp farms in particular) the exact same thing with only different products. If players stay on their main farm all day does that mean no ads all day?
  • I could tolerate the pop-up ads until the new ones that were added about Sept 17, 2020.  I can't take it.  Each time I see one, I log out and walk the dog, or do the dishes, or vacuum the house.  It is so frustrating that I will give it just a few more days.  It takes all the fun out of a game that I once loved.  This is insane.  Big Farm is not the only game in town, and I will find another one if this continues.
  • I admit, it sounds a bit annoying

what is the minimum offer u have to buy, to get rid of them?

1.99$?

That would cost a person 0.99$/month to completely get rid of them

That's 12$/Year

its not optimal, but it doesnt sound that unrealist or undoable

Maybe the whole scenario is'nt great, as people are used to having an ad-free game

Buying a brand new game ( for most , is average 60$ , going up to 90$ for console games )

Considering those cost , you'd have to play for 5 years, at this rate, to cover the price of a full game

And we get plenty of things developped for the game , at this point , its a matter of what u think its worth :)
    And what happens when the Daily Bundles are no more?  I already buy a subscription & I stock up on gold when I have the extra money.... I have spent $100 for gold to last me 3/4 months....should I be punished with the ads after 60 days?  If they want everyone to pay to play then they need to do away with the ads and set a monthly minimum gold amt for all to buy and we would still lose a lot of players.  
  • @gizmo22 (AU1)  *clap clap clap clap*  Standing ovation !!!   I love it  :)   It's annoying my players which in turn annoys me.  I've had a few who have logged out of the game today too.  I think it may be a slow CC start tomorrow.  :(
  • colins88 (US1)colins88 (US1) US1 Posts: 6
    Completely agree.  I've started winding down my farm for cash to donate to my co-op before I walk away.  I forsee the longer you go without buying gold the more ads you're going to get until you buy.  
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    edited 19.09.2020
    POLITICAL ADS ?!!!!!????!!!!!

Post edited by GrammaLeah (US1) on
  • Tyler Durdin (US1)Tyler Durdin (US1) US1 Posts: 53
    edited 19.09.2020
    Why is everyone so surprised by ads? we are bombarded with ads all the time everywhere you look magazines, newspapers, facebook, youtube, the biggest one t.v. , cable, billboards, radio, ebay, phones i'm mean i could go on just be glad they haven't entered your dreams yet every FREE GAME IS NOT FREE just like when they say buy 1 get 1 you are still paying for the second one as well NOTHING IN THIS WORLD IS FREE heck when you have a kid you still have to pay the hospital for delivery of the child don't you so if you walk away that is the best result you can give a company to stick it to them with your disgust just walk away
  • Taji (US1)Taji (US1) US1 Posts: 52
    It's begun... Folk are leaving our CoOp/the game- because of the ads. I am canceling my subscription- because of the ads. Never will I spend another penny on GGS- because of the ads.  I will probably be leaving myself- because of the ads. 
    Buying gold because I want to is a completely different deal than having to buy gold to make the game playable. For the amount of time spent a few dollars a month makes BigFarm quite affordable entertainment, for me, but that is not an option for many others.
    These ads are ruining the game for everyone, golders included. GGS is driving away its existing customers by making the game unplayable for the majority. In my CoOp of over 40 members only 4-5 of us are gold buyers. There are not going to be enough players to make any of the events doable, let alone enjoyable. Having an ad pop up every time one changes farms is just outrageous. 

How about putting those ads into a pop-out? The Favorite Offers pop-out seems to be working well, why not do that? Just run the ads when a player first logs in, get them out of the way so we can play without disruption. Have that pop-out get big & flash red every 30 minutes or so, then the player can open it, see the ads and get back to regular gameplay... This would prevent interruptions during missions or missing that last harvest for the HWE.  It would certainly help moving around our farms. Just a thought...
  • Lin1 (US1)Lin1 (US1) US1 Posts: 4
    Please stop the annoying commercial. It interferes with the game especially during the CC and trying to play missions. Thank you.
  • LukeCool (US1)LukeCool (US1) US1 Posts: 1
    That commercial is really annoying. It really makes farming a pain. As do the other pop ups. Please stop!
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    It is disgraceful that they put ads on your farms even when you are paying for subscriptions ! That is still spending money on this game so why are people still getting the ads.
  • Midkemia (US1)Midkemia (US1) US1 Posts: 12
    You are really ruining this CC, especially when you change farms to collect in the last few seconds of a mission and a super, super, super annoying ad comes up and prevents you from a win.   Did I say that those ads were super, super, super annoying?  Then, let me repeat myself.  They are super, super, super annoying up to a point where some players have left the game until they are gone.  Your bad idea is becoming worse.
  • I do not like the adds and I don't by gold can't a ford it. 'the adds inter fear on playing the game. It was fun
    before they added the adds not any more.
  • Paradice (US1)Paradice (US1) US1 Posts: 39
    I have a very good player who has spent more money on this game then anyone in my coop and probably has more fields than I do all with gold, plus her houses now she is not playing because you are demanding her to buy gold.  You are not thinking ahead or looking at the big picture.  Every game is getting money hungry.  I am sure you make enough money to run the game without trying to be rich. This in not the time for this kind of action when more than half of the world is out of work....bea
  • Don82 (US1)Don82 (US1) US1 Posts: 2
    We were getting enough ads to attempt to induce us to purchase gold packages,, now these new ads may just be the inducement for me to quit this game!!!!!'
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    In the end if you chase away all non-gold buyers there will be considerable less players for the gold-buyers to  play or win against, if the game becomes too expensive for even the gold players they'll slowly disappear as well. It takes too many years to build a competitive farm to even compete at a reasonable level, I have spent years, it is so disappointing after building all my farms and participating in all the events that I may have to consider giving it all up. New members come and go so quickly now because it is too overwhelming, especially with the constant barrage of events. In our coop we try to support and encourage new members, teach them the ropes, if we give up new players will leave as fast as they come.
    Could not agree more! New farmers will not stick around if they have no 1 to teach them the ins & outs of the game.
     Note that GGS get's paid to put these ads on to their site for us to see. Most sites will offer their members either to get paid to watch them = PTC or allow them to turn them off after 1 or 2.  o:)
     I have noticed they did reduce the time for changing farms to 5 seconds - still to many as it happens every time we change farms & or visit another. Feel for those co ops with 50 plus members :(
     With event/s being timed we need to have access at all times to play - not watch an ad so we can play the event/s!  >:)
  • didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246

NOTHING IN THIS WORLD IS FREE heck when you have a kid you still have to pay the hospital for delivery of the child don't you 
    No - I dont & not in my country (or many other countries I know of...) and why you compare these matters is a mysterie - its not compareable at all ;)
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    edited 25.09.2020
    Mods - please pass onto GGS that when they place advertisements on our farms to PLEASE eliminate all Political ads.  That is not acceptable and certainly should not be advertised in a game.  Cheers!

~~~ EDIT @Fawners (US1) i have tried so hard to keep my mouth shut during this debate but, in my opinion, I couldn't agree more! GGS has crossed THE LINE injecting politics into OUR Game. I personally have been warned for posting a barely political cartoon! what's up with that? Thank you letting me rant :-)
     <3 
    Post edited by WillyBigFoot (FormerMod) on
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    Rest assured ALL  feedback is being passed on!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file