Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

15 second commercial

Comments

• I really hope that  if we play blackmail every two months that the ads will stop.  If I am reading the thread correctly, this may not be a guarantee. Game satisfaction IS greatly diminished. I hope all those reading the opinion pages are as annoyed as the players.
  • GuestSdaf (US1)GuestSdaf (US1) US1 Posts: 86
    they keep doing their best to ruin a good game!   yea it may be left to the gold buyers.  if they keep paying, the game will continue to decreae the amount of time between purchases.  will the gold buyers think the game is still worth it, when only big money spenders are left?
    it had been fun......

• zpmal (US1)zpmal (US1) US1 Posts: 3
    These new pop up ads are a pain! As someone who does not pay to further my game as I play for fun! WTH Bigfarm! There has to be a work around on this! Does anyone know it yet?
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    These new pop up ads are a pain! As someone who does not pay to further my game as I play for fun! WTH Bigfarm! There has to be a work around on this! Does anyone know it yet?
    I have heard some say they tried different browsers and found some that the ads did not pop up in

• colins88 (US1)colins88 (US1) US1 Posts: 6
    This is the last straw for me.  I already told my co-op leader.  I've been playing this game a long time. I'm destroying my farms and donating all my cash to my co-op.  I have bought gold in the past...maybe if you made the 200% sales happen more often you wouldn't need to extort money from your players. 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 18.09.2020
    Way back, we used to be paid rewards to watch the ads, and in terms of generating revenue, seemed the most logical way to go.  And we could watch them when it was convenient for us. Seems now is the time to revisit that system.
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • I can't imagine anyone paying for an ad to show in front of me. I tune them out at best, at worst I will avoid that company.
  • I haven't had this happen to me yet but of course I've bought gold lately but that may stop altogether if GGS continues with their Extortion of my coop members who can't afford to buy gold and who have to put up with the irritation of these ads popping up on their game.... freezing their game play according to what they've passed on to me.  Come on GGS.... you have more than enough of gold buyers to support this game!!!!  Let's get rid of this experiment.... I don't want to see a lot of the friends I've made while playing this game go away.  :( 
  • catlynn6 (US1)catlynn6 (US1) US1 Posts: 13
    Is this only the US server?  This hot fix was just another way of getting our money.  Cheap tricks if you ask me.  Big Farm is becoming just like all the other online games.  They don't care about the players having fun they just want our money.  Hope they reconsider.  I think they will lose alot of their members.
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    The initial trial is run on the US-1 server, we will be passing on all the positive/negative feedbacks here to the team, please be assured  :)

Best Wishes,
    Bugs Bunny
  • colins88 (US1)colins88 (US1) US1 Posts: 6
    Bugs....how long will this "trial" be going?
  • Jesse123 (INT1)Jesse123 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,558
    Bugs....how long will this "trial" be going?
    I don't even know if this is a trial anymore. But I've started getting them.(International server) Not so frequently though. It's been a long time since I've bought gold. 
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    Hello Everyone,

Actually, there is a correction, the ads have gone live on most of the prominent servers from yesterday.

We have passed on all your feedback to the team.

Thank you for understanding,
    Bugs Bunny

• rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    edited 18.09.2020
    If They are trying to get people to leave the game it is working.

I have have been receiving messages from members that if this continues they will be leaving the game.

Not everyone can afford to spend real money to play a game, Is that so hard for these people to understand.

I am totally disgusted with whoever thought this nonsense up.

Post edited by rsny (US1) on
  • CM_MystletainnCM_Mystletainn Community Manager Posts: 204
    Hey guys, community manager here. 

First of all, thanks to everyone who provided feedback and ideas for this ad test, which is indeed, still just a test. As BugsBunny mentioned, we have forwarded the feedback to the team and will continue to do so. You can be sure your voices are being heard and the team is eager to hear them as well.

It might take a little before changes can be implemented, please don't expect this to just be gone by next week. Until then, if you can come up with constructive feedback and ideas, post them here and let me know so we know exactly how this affects your Big Farm experience. 

Happy farming,
    CM_Mystletainn
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    Thanks for the reply.

• I do not understand what you mean by constructive feedback. In timed missions, this will be a problem and interfere with the game. And player satisfaction is impacted negatively. I know you have not done a satisfaction survey in a while, but maybe poll your customers.  I would bet that over 50% of them are retired and found some way to interact with others and have fun.  If I were wealthy, I would not be at home playing a game.
  • I sure hope that if this ad thing sticks around that it is enough of a revenue stream to keep the servers live, seems like a bleed on interest in the game.

Ad free is why I started playing Big Farm.
  • Midkemia (US1)Midkemia (US1) US1 Posts: 12
    edited 18.09.2020
    Sorry, but I really cannot find anything constructive to say about those annoying ads that pop up when I change farms and freeze my game for 15 or 30 seconds.  With a CC coming up tomorrow, missions will be hampered, probably to a point where I will  just forget about it.  I am relatively new to this game, but up to now, I thought I had found a fun and relaxing game.  Guess I was wrong.... 
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    An ad for every farm we visit just to water the co op trees :( An ad for every time we change farms ? :(
    These folks(GGS) get paid to put these ads on their site for folks to see.
     Give us the option to get paid for watching them or remove them altogether! Turn them into a PTC function!
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Make the ads clickable for rewards, like they used to be. Find a partner who pays you for the number of clicks. Enough people will click on the ads to make it viable.

If you had listened to your customers years ago, and made the game fun to play and bug free, your gold sales wouldn't have dried up.  Instead, you are forcing people to buy gold for what was billed as "free to play."
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    edited 18.09.2020
    I am wondering if The Ads are for all the players, or for only the ones who got the Big Farm Story game in Steam?, I ask that question cause I was also wondering if the Ads came from Steam or not.

Never mind, I just read what BugsBunny added in above, it seems they were added intentionally by the game company themselves it seems, no matter  I am still not happy bout it. :(
    Post edited by Blue Denim (US1) on
  • This is really a shame that Good Game Studio's now has to pressure players into buying gold.
    By using advertisement ads while we open the game to play let alone while we are playing the game or even going to another players farm. Isn't it enough that we have Prime on the top left corner of our screen reminding us at all times? Buy Gold!! Some of us can't afford or even have credit card to purchase gold with, I guess others are right we are in desperate times even for Good Game Studios.
    Too bad, this use to be a family fun game without all the pressure pushing people out there buy this and buy that.. Now I cant relax and enjoy playing bigfarm :( without pressure to buy gold, just to get the ads off for 60 days really? 
    Your right Uncle John it does look like Good Game Studios only wants Gold players to be playing this game. 
    It looks like it is time to find another fun, relaxing game with out being pressured into buying gold to play
    BigFarm
  • didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    edited 18.09.2020
    Stillfront Group is one of 14 stocks in our portfolio Top Picks. Since purchase it has returned 263%.

source: redeye.se

You can complain all you want, and you can believe that this is 'just a test', but I believe this is all part of a big marketing plan they are rolling out for 2021
    Ofcourse they are running tests - to check that the servers will still run and to see how many ads they can give us before the servers chashes.  It's not to test if we like it or not...
    This company focuses on Return of investment -and that's all that matters.
    They don't care if you stay or not - new players will come anyways...

Happy weekend

• Sandy9882 (US1)Sandy9882 (US1) US1 Posts: 28
    BugsBunny said:

Players who have not bought the gold in the last 60 days cycle will get the ad, they will disappear for 60 days once you buy gold for one time, and will return after 60 days again.

NO WORDS - just appalling!

My concern is that is is 60 days now, then every 30 days, then every 2 weeks, then every week.  
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    BugsBunny said:

Players who have not bought the gold in the last 60 days cycle will get the ad, they will disappear for 60 days once you buy gold for one time, and will return after 60 days again.

NO WORDS - just appalling!

My concern is that is is 60 days now, then every 30 days, then every 2 weeks, then every week.  
    Unfortunately, all these suggestions and comments fall on deaf ears with GGS.  Sadly!  :'(
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    Ok - I just got one of those ads.
    If they continue here, I do not.
  • Midkemia (US1)Midkemia (US1) US1 Posts: 12
    edited 18.09.2020
    It would be honest to remove from your site the words '' Free-to-play Multiplayer Farm simulation''  It is no longer the case as the game has become unplayable with those pop ups  So your statement is now false, you have to pay to play
  • BFDSS (US1)BFDSS (US1) US1 Posts: 75

I gotta say, GGS has finally jumped the shark. This ad thing is a deal-breaker for me. If it doesn't stop in the next couple of days, I'm outta here. Permanently.

GGS has shown repeatedly that all they care about is getting money out of us. They don't care about improving the game as an end to itself. I thought the Dairy was going to be a fun addition to my daily farming, but the tokens ruined it. There are so many things in the parking lot nowadays that I just have to ignore. And so many things that I just don't know what they are: Balloon tokens? Never seen one. There's a new building in the Village that just appeared one day. No idea what it's for.

GGS, when are you going to realize that you can attract as many new people by having a really good game (your name, by the way) as you can by having a really big game.

• Trisha7 (US1)Trisha7 (US1) US1 Posts: 13
    In the end if you chase away all non-gold buyers there will be considerable less players for the gold-buyers to  play or win against, if the game becomes too expensive for even the gold players they'll slowly disappear as well. It takes too many years to build a competitive farm to even compete at a reasonable level, I have spent years, it is so disappointing after building all my farms and participating in all the events that I may have to consider giving it all up. New members come and go so quickly now because it is too overwhelming, especially with the constant barrage of events. In our coop we try to support and encourage new members, teach them the ropes, if we give up new players will leave as fast as they come.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file