Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

15 second commercial

Comments

• BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    As promised @BugsBunny  and I have gathered a little more information on these adverts

You have to have purchased some gold and  the ads disappear for 60 days.
    The ads will come back unless you buy more gold, and they will disappear again for another 60 days
    @davidharrell (US1)

I think this is the answer you are looking for.

Kind Regards,
    Bugs Bunny
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    @davidharrell (US1)

Hmm ... OK BugsBunny and I will continue with the investigation!
    how is the investigation going? I have already made a financial commitment to the game and then you change the rules. this is a serious breach of trust. 
    Sounds more like blackmail to me having to pay so ads don't pop up ?!! Really!! What is this game coming to :(
    Sounds more like blackmail to me having to pay so ads don't pop up ?!! Really!! What is this game coming to :(
    We are continuously passing on the feedback we are getting, :)

• NQ 17 (US1)NQ 17 (US1) US1 Posts: 9
    I am a coop leader; two of my players are getting ads stating if they make a purchase the ads will stop.  Why are they getting these ads?  And can the other members of the coop that don't buy gold expect the same?  Thank you.
    edited 14.09.2020
    @UserTerrylucado (US1)

Players who have not bought the gold in the last 60 days cycle will get the ad, they will disappear for 60 days once you buy gold for one time, and will return after 60 days again.

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    This sounds like a really good method to get all non-gold-buyers to abandon BigFarm and find something else to play
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 15.09.2020
    BugsBunny said:
    As promised @BugsBunny  and I have gathered a little more information on these adverts

You have to have purchased some gold and  the ads disappear for 60 days.
    The ads will come back unless you buy more gold, and they will disappear again for another 60 days
    @davidharrell (US1)

I think this is the answer you are looking for.

Kind Regards,
    Bugs Bunny
    Nice way of ggs blackmailing players to buy gold, now this game is really going down the pan ! what makes it even worse they will be getting paid from the adverts being shown.
  • Set (US1)Set (US1) US1 Posts: 45
    edited 25.09.2020
    What a scumbag perhaps unwise move. I have not yet had the displeasure of experiencing it, but it will not entice me to buy gold. I generally buy some once per year to support the game and my coop as well as a cushion for me. 

The game is nothing special, its the players and the teamwork that make it great.

I have spent much more on this game than I have on all others in my life combined. 

Feel free to target players that have not shown any support but a 2 month increment is obscene. 

If I am happy with a product and want to increase a benefit I will gladly pay for it, but this sounds much more like extortion. 

Hope you reconsider and I also find it odd you chose US not international like you do all your other "tests"

..~~~ EDIT: @setxfh (US1) i don't think you would like us calling you that s word. ~~~
    Willy_BF
     <3 
    Post edited by WillyBigFoot (FormerMod) on
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    BugsBunny said:

Players who have not bought the gold in the last 60 days cycle will get the ad, they will disappear for 60 days once you buy gold for one time, and will return after 60 days again.

NO WORDS - just appalling!
  • Fawners (US1)Fawners (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    One more comment/suggestion about GGS placing ads on our farms  - If they would cease putting back to back and overlapping events (coop), then maybe people will stop quitting the game and continue to purchase their gold.  Cheers!
  • The Drifter (US1)The Drifter (US1) US1 Posts: 243
    edited 17.09.2020
    I have been telling myself that GGS will wake up and come to their senses one day. But as soon as these ads pop up during a mission it will be so long it has been real. And I will not be bribed into feeding your GREED.
  • I use to purchase quite a bit of gold on a regular basis; however, my husband has been forced to medically retire, and now we are on a set income with nothing available in the budget to buy gold. He and I both have farms and enjoy playing the game and for a time it takes us away from our life; however, we feel penalized with these ads, as we do not buy gold now, and it is a constant reminder of the life that farming takes us away from.

These ads are unjust. Not every player can afford to buy gold and now you have a watch an ad that reminds us we can't afford to buy gold and it interrupts our game play time, possibly at crucial times in missions, HWE, time sensitive boosters, etc.

This is not fair and not an enjoyable addition to the game.
  • Qat (US1)Qat (US1) US1 Posts: 46
    Really, lower the quality than ask for money.
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    We are collecting all your feedback on this.

From those already affected and those who are concerned if it will come to them later
  • 24K Mayhem (US1)24K Mayhem (US1) US1 Posts: 494
    I have been telling myself that GGS will wake up and come to their senses one day. But as soon as these ads pop up during a mission it will be so long it has been real. And I will not be bribed into feeding your GREED.
    I agree!  When your ads interrupt missions, that is just completely wrong on so many levels.  This buy gold to get rid of the ads is unacceptable! Even now GGS, this surprises me, Shame on you!!!
  • My thoughts the ads will make even more players unhappy.  Harder to play the game.....not sure the best approach to get players to pay to play.
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    edited 17.09.2020
    I logged into My game this morning only to be hounded by Ad's in My game, especially when I switch from one farm to another, I thought it was a glitch so I logged back out and then in again only to be hounded again by more Ad's, Why are there Ad's in My Big Farm game now? I am so not liking this at all, :( , I am also on a budget and can not afford to buy gold in My game, so now I am not sure If I will keep playing Big Farm if these Ad's do not go away, cause This is so annoying.
    Post edited by Blue Denim (US1) on
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611

sigh

This may be the death knell for our co-op if they show up for us.

These games are supposed to be fun, not another source of stress.

I will miss the people here, if it comes to that.

• Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253

sigh

This may be the death knell for our co-op if they show up for us.

These games are supposed to be fun, not another source of stress.

I will miss the people here, if it comes to that.

I am wondering if Good-game company is trying to make the player's quit Big Farm with all the nonsense they been bringing in, at least it seems like they are trying to make Us leave the game, If that is the case then so be it, cause I for one have other games I play that are even better, but  I came to Big Farm so I could relax & enjoy My farming, not be harassed and forced into buying gold and such in order to keep playing cause that for sure won't happen , If they keep adding in nonsense then I guess it is time for Me to say good-bye to good-game /Big Farm, I am hoping however that it does not come to that , & they get rid of the nonsense.
  • I am not happy with this extortion to buy gold. We are getting held hostage for 30 seconds in order to try to make people buy gold to play ad free. I am all for capitalism, but this is not appropriate, especially when it can affect our computers with viruses and malware.
  • BillJohn (US1)BillJohn (US1) US1 Posts: 78
    Please pass this on to those making the decision about this random ads.

In the name of good customer service, it would seem reasonable the server on which the trial was scheduled to run would have been notified in advance.  I was concerned whether this was malware or someone hacked big farm at first.  Still not for certain, as it seems to be poorly designed.

Secondly, assuming legit test by ggs, it appears ggs does not understand who their customers are.  Just from my years of playing the game there is a small group that are very good "gold" purchases and a much larger group that do not or seldom make a "gold" purchase.  This is the business model ggs adopted for Big Farm and I suppose other games they have developed and make available for play.  Maybe ggs needs to understand that many who do not purchase gold are on a limited budget and cannot as well as should not be spending money on this type of activity, others play on a very casual basis and are do not play for the competition and therefore have no reason to purchase "gold" to be more competitive or progress faster, as well as many other reasons.

Thirdly, ggs needs to be reminded they choose the business model for this game, and the players choose which business model of games they prefer to play.  Most of these interactive games played over the internet require a certain number of players online to be successful.  As I recall, when I first started playing the game, the only reason I tried it was because it could be played for free and I was aware there would be in-game offers to pay to spend up the process.  I don't recall anything about 3rd party ads, so I was willing to give it a try.  Quite frankly the game was very frustrating in the beginning as I joined a coop where the leader was more interested in just building up their farm(s) rather than helping others in the coop as well as I believe she had about 5 accounts that she played in the coop.  As a result progress was much slower than it should have been.  Many who joined that coop just gave up and quit the game entirely I do believe.  After about a year, a minority of us moved on to other coops and most of us are still playing today.  I see the fragments of this first coop no longer exist which ought to be of some concern to the game developers as most of its members no longer play.  Most successful coops appear they can handle a transition to new a leader due to a leader no longer able to handle that role, even including death of a leader.

When in-game ads disrupt game play, that is a serious negative for me.  I can tolerate some, but certainly not every 10 or 15 minutes and for ads I have no interest in and don't even know what they are for since I don't play with sound on.  The idea of holding me hostage to play the game is immoral which is the feeling I get with this so called "trial".

I could tolerate the ads if they just showed up, say in corner of the screen, that would allow me to still move the farm and play the game while it runs.  I would just ignore the ads just like I do most of the time on other web pages outside of this game.  However, if ggs chooses to do this, I do believe there would be an initial net loss of players as many play the game to escape these types of ads.  The game is an escape from some of the disadvantages of the internet age.

I could go on at length, but let me just say my limits of my rubber band patience with ggs is about to break.

Thank you,  and I hope ggs understands as to why I feel this way.
  • mistie (US1)mistie (US1) US1 Posts: 304
    edited 17.09.2020
    Read "Me and RosyStarling were looking into this" as "are harassing the CMs" :smile: 

There IS a trial on the US server with advertising.

@davidharrell (US1) We have already passed your feedback on

Apologies for the initial wrong information. 
    Will we receive rewards for watching adverts like the system that was in place multiple years ago or will we spontaneously have adverts appear on our screen that there is no way to get out of watching with no reward for our time spent watching it instead of playing the game?
    No, they want you to buy gold to make them go away for 60 days.
  • ijrosh (US1)ijrosh (US1) US1 Posts: 1,325
    Just so I am clear. It was too hard for them to fix and keep the ads in the game when we got rewarded to watch them. But it is easy for them to have them to punish us for not paying for a "free to play game". I think someone needs to go back to business school. Not only are more quitting everyday, but that is more telling others not to play and play something else with them instead. The best thing for a business us reputation by word of mouth. I for one would not recommend this game any more I just went anouther week with out even logging on again and I was a 100 dollar a month player. 
  • daisymae7 (US1)daisymae7 (US1) US1 Posts: 24
    There are so many ways for GGS to make money (subscriptions, buying gold etc) that these commercials are just overkill.  Some members are complaining that the commercials pop up when they change farms and they are losing precious time in missions. For example moving from the MF to the GF in an egg mission.  People are not happy about this at all.  And it is just another element in a list of recent things which which players are not happy.  
  • tylore (US1)tylore (US1) US1 Posts: 20
    We had a few threaten to quit playing due to pop-ups before this one...like the frequent 120% gold offer that interferes with harvesting.    At least that one can be temporarily delete, but this new one is REALLY irritating.   Please stop ALL pop-ups!!!
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Not happy with the ads a 30 second 1 to start with - then a 15 second ad every time we change farms or area??!!
    Will be saying good by very soon if the ads keep up - now there could be a solution for both parties - a number of years ago they tired to allow Paid To Click (PTC) ads where we could earn a bit of gold for watching these ads.
     Now if they would put that 4th farm to use for all these ads
     - then make it so a farmer has to watch say 10 in a day
     - get paid a little gold & not have the ads for the rest of the day!
     Then we may not feel so used or taken advantage of to play here!
  • Jesse123 (INT1)Jesse123 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,558
    This is so sad and frustrating. The first stupid thing which welcomed me today was this 30 sec ad and had to say good bye to dream world also with another stupid ad. I tolerated all the bugs, glitches all these years and now this ? 
  • I echo the sentiments of all here.
    Gaming is supposed to be fun and relaxing, not annoying and stressful.
    GGS is just making it more and more clear that they care about nothing but profit.
    Sad that they are forcing us to reconsider their game.
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    There are so many ways for GGS to make money (subscriptions, buying gold etc) that these commercials are just overkill.  Some members are complaining that the commercials pop up when they change farms and they are losing precious time in missions. For example moving from the MF to the GF in an egg mission.  People are not happy about this at all.  And it is just another element in a list of recent things which which players are not happy.  
    They make a lot of money anyway without the ads and have done for years or they would not be still running the game It just boils down to sheer greed, they are losing players everyday because of the way they are treating there players.
  • 24KSan (US1)24KSan (US1) US1 Posts: 95
    This is not acceptable.

I have been a long time gold buyer BUT will be stepping back from gold purchases in support of the Big Farm Community.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file