Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Well-developed Decoration Valleys

I find it interesting that many players well-developed main farms, gourmet farms, etc. but there appears to be an extremely low number of players with well-developed decoration valleys. I understand that there can be a range of reasons for this such as the farm not being useful for much apart from the pleasure park event, the cost to set it up with not much gain, etc. but it is still quite interesting that even among players that have access to level 80 Lester's secret stashes, there appear to be an extremely small number that have somewhat maximised the use of the space on that farm. Like in the US server, I have tried to look through dozens of players farms and I don't really know who ranks well in that event at the moment but I have only seen one player with space for 60+ stalls while completing a large proportion of the tasks.

By the way if you know some players that have done this, it would be appreciated if you can message me their name so I can check their decoration valley out.

Comments

• DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    I never opened it and have no desire to. Many things here I just choose to ignore these days. I see all the problems w/ them in the forum and don't need the aggravation.  Dream World is another that I ignore since the first few weeks of it. Horse Ranch seems to have gotten a little more on track, but I can't produce any of the extra items any longer.  I have no idea why, and I figure they're still messing around w/ it and won't waste my time on that any longer.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    @ninjahuman (AU1)
    I'm not entirely sure I understand your definition of "well developed". Are you saying that the decos that you have on there at the moment are sufficient to fulfill all the bonus specs (10 decos at level 3, or 150 points of level 7 deco etc. etc.) of 60 stalls ?
  • Jashe (INT1)Jashe (INT1) INT1 Posts: 51
    @ninjahuman au1

Hi, 

I was also wondering what you meant by well developed Decor Valley's. I did not know that a farmer needed to place their Decor's in the valley as per the list given in order to earn more PP pennies from the stalls.
    I also wonder whether the Farmers know that there are GML's to be Won during the Pleasure Park Event, in fact I just got to know about the GML's prior to the last Pleasure Park Event and was able to win 1 of them.

Anyway, please do let us know how one calculates the development of the Decor Valley or the lack of it.

Thanks!!

• GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    At first, I used the Decoration Valley as a developed playground for my workers.
    Once as a snowy village, another time as a fairgrounds.
    Now, with it being used for an event, I have it crammed higgledy-piggledy for the most points.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    @ninjahuman (AU1)
    I'm not entirely sure I understand your definition of "well developed". Are you saying that the decos that you have on there at the moment are sufficient to fulfill all the bonus specs (10 decos at level 3, or 150 points of level 7 deco etc. etc.) of 60 stalls ?
    Generally somewhere around there. Like if you plan the decoration valley out well, you can either fit room for 60+ stalls and complete all the tasks or 75+ stalls and complete most tasks. But for the limits of those methods, I think you can reach around 71/72 stalls while completing all the tasks and around 90 stalls while missing a few tasks. (not 100% sure about this but I recall calculating some way to place 95 stalls while missing 3 or 4 tasks before but I cannot guarantee this is correct.)

If you are asking about me, I have room for 65 stalls while completing all the tasks at the moment with a few 1x1, 1x2 and 1x3 quality 9 decorations since the happiness benefit from them is larger than the amount of points I would get from an extra stall. I'm working towards getting it to 70. But I am surprised I haven't found anyone that has a more efficient design already. The highest I found is someone on the Russian server with room for 61 stalls while completing all the tasks if you remove their quality 9 decorations but that is still around 10 stalls off the maximum. For a few tasks missing, I recall spotting someone on the Japanese server with around 84 stalls but there were even ways on that farm to increase the stall amount significantly.

Part of the reason why I am also mentioning this is that a lot of these players have had access to a high level Lester's secret stash and a laboratory for a very long time but it is interesting that I have not been able to find one player that has maximised their farm's potential with the decoration valley.

By the way, another advantage of completing all the tasks is if you want to play very competitively, around half of the time you will get a stall that gives 17-19 park pennies.

@ninjahuman au1

Hi, 

I was also wondering what you meant by well developed Decor Valley's. I did not know that a farmer needed to place their Decor's in the valley as per the list given in order to earn more PP pennies from the stalls.
    I also wonder whether the Farmers know that there are GML's to be Won during the Pleasure Park Event, in fact I just got to know about the GML's prior to the last Pleasure Park Event and was able to win 1 of them.

Anyway, please do let us know how one calculates the development of the Decor Valley or the lack of it.

Thanks!!

When you have specific decorations placed, you can get specific gratitude tasks completed which can do things like increase the park pennies you get from the stall, increase your visitor happiness and help contribute to completing other tasks. This is a useful resource for checking about the tasks but they only apply to level 250+. I think there is someone else that created a list of tasks for level 150-249. If you're not in those groups then you can just see which tasks come up next time and make a list of them.

This is my decoration valley if anyone is interested by the way:

At the moment all quality 3-6 decorations are upgraded as much as necessary to minimise the space they take up while completing the tasks and over time I will upgrade some of the quality 7-8 decorations and then put the unnecessary ones back in storage to get the stall count up to 70.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    edited 17.09.2020
    Now I'm at 69 stalls.

Now I just have to get 72 more upgrades for the quality 7 decorations (Special island, large winter sento and pig sculptures since the other permanent quality 7 decorations are at their highest happiness value for quality 7) and then I can take out the two temporary pearl of motivations and slightly re-arrange the decorations to fit the stone pathways in their place while having room for 70 stalls.

Unfortunately, each upgrade for those decorations is above 6 million dollars now and each upgrade is increasing the price by over 100k dollars, so I am realistically expecting to pay over 500 million dollars for those last few upgrades. :D It is nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel though.
    Post edited by ninjahuman (AU1) on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file