Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Discussion for It's time to Tip the Scales!

2»

Comments

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Thank You GGS for the new event!! I love it!  Carrots do take a little too long to grow, but I love that it is an individual & coop event with good prizes to work for. :-)
    I agree wholeheartedly with everything you say till I get to the word "good". There really should be a little gold in the Personal prizes somewhere, just a bit, just a couple of Goldflowers perhaps, It doesn't have to be a lot but I can't see them as good with none at all.   :¬(
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    The problem is how many points the hw rewards require.  I am in the top 100 on the ranking, and I still am not yet to prize 4.  The vast majority of players will on get to reward 1 or 2.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 01.02.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    Yes, the little "barn" button as you call it is a nice feature.  Glad you like it.  :D
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Will have to wait till it is run during a non co op event to really be able to work it to see. Trying to keep stock for the plane & do the CC make's it very tough to give the new event a fair shake - trial run as per say.
     Biggest troubles "Storage/room" we need to be able to double our barn/storage size or lower the mins & amounts required for the plane.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Will have to wait till it is run during a non co op event to really be able to work it to see. Trying to keep stock for the plane & do the CC make's it very tough to give the new event a fair shake - trial run as per say.
     Biggest troubles "Storage/room" we need to be able to double our barn/storage size or lower the mins & amounts required for the plane.
    I suspect that the max and min are actually being calculated based on your individual barn storage capacity. Talking to players with various barn sizes the max is always about 80% of their capacity and the min is around 20%
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    edited 06.09.2020
    "I suspect that the max and min are actually being calculated based on your individual barn storage capacity"

This is correct, the amounts will depend on your barns' size, your storage capacity
    Then we need more room! How o they expect us to keep filling the crates/boxes when every crate/box takes 80% ?? or as suggested reduce the mins. And no Gold is not going to fly as an answer lol
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226

I like the event, thank you GGS for sending us something new to work on. The programmers did a good job on a fun and easy challenge event.

I would have liked it better if we could donate less than the minimum so I could donate just 1 wheat and move on. I have of eggs, milk and apples to play with but I need my corn and wheat.

MODs question

Do you know if the left over carrots disappear once the event ends?

Probably not. I will confirm when staff are back
    The Octoberfest things don't disappear and I think they are of equivalence 

And then you could still sell them for farm dollars after the event.

The carrot seeds are only available during the event.
  • CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    Ok that makes sense, thank you for the fast reply @RosyStarling
  • Big Beck (US1)Big Beck (US1) US1 Posts: 514
    Nice event!  But I wonder just how that plane managed to land in the parking lot with it all roped off and no runway! Hahaha!  Maybe it is a type of hover-craft!  :D
    Right? I think it would have been really fun if they had somehow used the airport to land this.  
  • Southerndelite (US1)Southerndelite (US1) US1 Posts: 94
    edited 07.09.2020
    So far so good but I do run out of items and have to let the plane idle for awhile but it's good that it's running with a CC.. I just pop my extra harvests in there whenever I can.  :)

The carrots do take too long to grow without using purple and it's too high of a crop for quite a few in my coop. :(   Do you think GGS could slash both in half at least?

My best advice is to have your team mates rake your carrot fields before you harvest!
  • 24K Mayhem (US1)24K Mayhem (US1) US1 Posts: 494
    Anyone know how GGS is calculating the minimum amount to donate?  TIA
    @antigone6 (US1)   Amounts are based on your storage capacity
  • 24K Mayhem (US1)24K Mayhem (US1) US1 Posts: 494
    ty Rosy :-)
    I suspect that the max and min are actually being calculated based on your individual barn storage capacity. Talking to players with various barn sizes the max is always about 80% of their capacity and the min is around 20%
    Seems so & thanks all for the input :)
     But once again 2 co op events at the same time !??
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    I like this event. It's a nice way to get some tokens and goldflower seeds. The carrots and some other expensive items like cherries limit the scoring a bit but it is still a good event while not being that disruptive on other events or regular farming.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Not my cuppa. And when it asks to donate items, are we giving them away, or are we just harvesting them?  Giving them away is a deal breaker for me.
    It's like the Pleasure Park. We are parting with our produce but getting paid the same as if we had sold them from the Barn.
    Thank you, UJ, for the clarification.  "Donation" used to mean giving without compensation in this game. 
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    I checked all the rewards, I didn't see any goldflower seeds.
    Did you mean the possibility of getting some in one of the boxes?
    I checked all the rewards, I didn't see any goldflower seeds.
    Did you mean the possibility of getting some in one of the boxes?
    Check the cooperative ranking rewards. In my server there is not too much interest in the event so I can even get in the top 10 by myself at the moment. But in other servers it would presumably be more competitive.
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    "I suspect that the max and min are actually being calculated based on your individual barn storage capacity"

This is correct, the amounts will depend on your barns' size, your storage capacity
    But why the max amount is so close to my max stock puzzles me. This way I am running out of stock in no time. Probably to entice me spending gold. Sorry but no go.
    Most of my coop colleagues therefore do not play this event : 2 or 3 clicks and gone is all your stock.

And ending the event and starting it over again the same day, is not encouraging people either to  play the event.
    Typical GGS...probably the first run was so profitable....then lets run it back to back.

Pity. In a somewhat more balanced version I think more people would play.
    I like the setup but not so much the execution.

But why the max amount is so close to my max stock puzzles me. This way I am running out of stock in no time. Probably to entice me spending gold. Sorry but no go.
    Most of my coop colleagues therefore do not play this event : 2 or 3 clicks and gone is all your stock.

And ending the event and starting it over again the same day, is not encouraging people either to  play the event.
    Typical GGS...probably the first run was so profitable....then lets run it back to back.

Pity. In a somewhat more balanced version I think more people would play.
    I like the setup but not so much the execution.

My requests are similar to that with 1,830 to 7,320 of the item in the other box while I have a storage of 9,150. I would recommend purchasing cheaper items like alfalfa and using a few somewhat extreme guesses starting from around the middle to quickly narrow down the range of the amount of other items in the box. It is worth it if you can get some good rank for tokens and especially if your cooperative can get a good rank for tokens and goldflower seeds.
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    Thanks ninjahuman, I found the goldseeds in the co-op rewards.
    Not going to reach those levels, way too many people on this server for that.
    That's okay, can't catch 'em all.
    : )
    Thanks ninjahuman, I found the goldseeds in the co-op rewards.
    Not going to reach those levels, way too many people on this server for that.
    That's okay, can't catch 'em all.
    : )
    Ok unlucky. Here my cooperative is rank 4 with around 350k and I have around 330k so it is a bit easier to score for the ranking.
  • Very nice event even with coop challenge ruining 
    No bugs as far as I can see :-) 
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    Being a new event that requires number crunching takes a bit of getting used to. Therefore this second one went much more smoothly and folks could really being to enjoy it.  :D
    The major issue I have with this event at the moment is that the demands of all items appear to be equal, irrespective of the fact that some items are much easier or more difficult to collect than others.

Cherries is expensive to pass because you have to either use seaweed fertiliser or spend a few million dollars just to go to the next box each time you get it because it is asking for way too many compared to what most farms can produce.

If something could be done about that, I think the event would be a lot better. Perhaps halving the minimum donation amount could help because cherries is a huge obstacle to getting a good score unless you are willing to part with a lot of farm dollars or seaweed fertiliser.
Sign In to comment.