Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

15 second commercial

SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
This discussion was created from comments split from: bonus gold.

Comments

• gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    Having just come out of my farm after experiencing 3 consecutive pop-ups ending with one that takes up half my game screen I'm left wanting more. Would it be possible to not only increase the number of times pop-ups arrive but also increase them to full screen size? I am so impressed at how well they all work in comparison to what is generally now a broken game. Also during my time of pop-up admiration I may be inspired/motivated to log out of the game and do more useful things with my time. No more lag, no more greed, no more frustration over clicking things that are not working or trying to navigate my way through error messages......its really a win/win.  :p
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    At very least, the CC should turn them off
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    well said gizmo22!
  • i think they should stop pop ups completely as i get annoyed pop up after pop up
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    Having just come out of my farm after experiencing 3 consecutive pop-ups ending with one that takes up half my game screen I'm left wanting more. Would it be possible to not only increase the number of times pop-ups arrive but also increase them to full screen size? I am so impressed at how well they all work in comparison to what is generally now a broken game. Also during my time of pop-up admiration I may be inspired/motivated to log out of the game and do more useful things with my time. No more lag, no more greed, no more frustration over clicking things that are not working or trying to navigate my way through error messages......its really a win/win.  :p
    OMG, couldn't have said it better!!! Well done!

I can't even write a 5 word chat message without the pop ups interrupting LOL
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Right there with you @gizmo22 (AU1)
     Well put!!
  • Why am i getting a 15 second commercial that i can't even close. i pay money. this is a hell of a way to treat me
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    edited 10.09.2020
    @davidharrell (US1) as you posted in an old thread that wasn't connected I have moved you to your own thread

BigFarm does not serve up commercials
    Edit:  there IS a trial of Ads on the US server
    See BELOW

I strongly recommend you run  virus and malware checks as these adverts are  not coming from BigFarm
    Edit: Stlil recommend this as matter of course :)
    Post edited by RosyStarling on
  • Why am i getting pop up 30 second commercials that i can not even close? I pay money. 
  • the pop up includes your logo and adverts charities
  • whatever it is it is the game. is there a way uninstall your game and all cookies then log back in without affecting my account?
  • i cleared my cache, now when i try to log in my username is invalid
  • thanks, i was in Register.
  • I still need the answer is there a way to take Bigfarm completely off my computer and then reload without affecting my account? the 30 second commercials are imbedded in your game. i need to load the game fresh.
    i am using Edge.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Your log-in should still work no matter which browser you only need the server you play in, the username and the password of the account.

Refreshing the information on your computer shouldn't affect the information in your account.

If you are having issues logging back in after that, check that your account is logging into the same server that it was registered in. The account information is not transferred from server to server and it only works on the specific server you registered.

Since you appear to play in the US server, you should select that one and try logging in from there, presuming this is the issue of course.
  • I have co-op members now reporting to me the 30 sec ads too. I've not had any, just very shimmery, unstable graphics all day. I wonder if we can get something official: are these ads now par for the course?
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    edited 10.09.2020
    @davidharrell (US1)

Me and RosyStarling were looking into this, could you please share a few screenshots of the advertisement you are getting? So I can tell you what it is actually.

Kind Regards,
    Bugs Bunny
    edited 10.09.2020
    Read "Me and RosyStarling were looking into this" as "are harassing the CMs" :smile: 

There IS a trial on the US server with advertising.

@davidharrell (US1) We have already passed your feedback on

Apologies for the initial wrong information. 
    Post edited by RosyStarling on
    Read "Me and RosyStarling were looking into this" as "are harassing the CMs" :smile: 

There IS a trial on the US server with advertising.

@davidharrell (US1) We have already passed your feedback on

Apologies for the initial wrong information. 
    Will we receive rewards for watching adverts like the system that was in place multiple years ago or will we spontaneously have adverts appear on our screen that there is no way to get out of watching with no reward for our time spent watching it instead of playing the game?
  • edu29d (GB1)edu29d (GB1) GB1 Posts: 69
    Being on the UK server I can't say if these ads are a problem or not but if they appear at random while you have the farm open and you can't get the ad to close, this sounds like it could be a major problem during coopcha if you're running your stacker
    Will we receive rewards for watching adverts like the system that was in place multiple years ago or will we spontaneously have adverts appear on our screen that there is no way to get out of watching with no reward for our time spent watching it instead of playing the game?

The ads won't give you a reward, however ads won't be shown to players who have bought gold at least one time.

Kind Regards,
    Bugs Bunny & RosyStarling

• The ads won't give you a reward, however ads won't be shown to players who have bought gold at least one time.

Kind Regards,
    I have bought 130$ worth of gold and i am still getting the ads.
    @davidharrell (US1)

Hmm ... OK BugsBunny and I will continue with the investigation!
    BugsBunny said:

The ads won't give you a reward, however ads won't be shown to players who have bought gold at least one time.

Kind Regards,
    Thanks for the information.

If they're going to do that, then at least please make it fair and give non-gold buyers all the offers for purchasing something with gold. Like I would like to use the viking farm offer but I can't because I haven't made an in-game purchase and now they will make us watch adverts. So at least getting the offers that don't require in-game purchases (eg. buying some booster for 10,000 gold) will make it fairer.
    edited 11.09.2020
    As promised @BugsBunny  and I have gathered a little more information on these adverts

You have to have purchased some gold and  the ads disappear for 60 days.
    The ads will come back unless you buy more gold, and they will disappear again for another 60 days
    As promised @BugsBunny  and I have gathered a little more information on these adverts

You have to have purchase some gold and  the ads disappear for 60 days.
    The ads will come back unless you buy more gold, and they will disappear agian for anther 60 days
    Thanks for the information. I presume when you make another purchase, the adverts will disappear for 60 days from the most recent purchase and not 60 days on top of the amount of the time they were supposed to remain hidden for?
    edited 11.09.2020
    Thanks for the information. I presume when you make another purchase, the adverts will disappear for 60 days from the most recent purchase and not 60 days on top of the amount of the time they were supposed to remain hidden for?
    Yes, the 60 day cycle would start from the recent date of purchase :)

BugsBunny said:
    Yes, the 60 day cycle would start from the recent date of purchase :)

Thanks.

I have a feeling that the game experience of many players is going to greatly deteriorate if the appearance frequency of these adverts is somewhat high and there is no way to control when they come (eg. like coming at a significant time during a mission for the cooperative championships, coming spontaneously during a wildflowers box in the hard worker event, coming on when a player only has a few minutes to play etc.) but hopefully there will be some system to help deal with those types of issues.
    edited 11.09.2020
    ninjahuman (AU1) said:

Thanks.
    I have a feeling that the game experience of many players is going to greatly deteriorate if the appearance frequency of these adverts is somewhat high and there is no way to control when they come (eg. like coming at a significant time during a mission for the cooperative championships, coming spontaneously during a wildflowers box in the hard worker event, coming on when a player only has a few minutes to play etc.) but hopefully there will be some system to help deal with those types of issues.
    I will pass this feedback on, thank you :)

• @davidharrell (US1)

Hmm ... OK BugsBunny and I will continue with the investigation!
    how is the investigation going? I have already made a financial commitment to the game and then you change the rules. this is a serious breach of trust. 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file