Home EN General Discussions & Questions Tutorials and FAQs

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Dream World Guide ! :)

Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
edited 13.03.2020 in Tutorials and FAQs
Greetings Farmers!

First, There is a lot of things , Some are more important than others, and Of course, you can always play your way :))

-- First thing you will want to do , will be to buy land / clear land ( The first plots are very cheap / very fast to clear )
But its very IMPORTANT , that u never complete / turn the side task that gives Experience/Diamonds ( you will want to turn all these when you are gonna activate the Experience Tractor for the first time ( which will be a little later ) :))

-- You will want to start focusing on side tasks , Do the use 3 humus task , to unlock the decoration task , to unlock the token tasks  , To do the easy ones, Like to use repeater , To start your main farm in another window , Before next Step, while you have room, Its a good idea to Do rapidly the Put 26 Decorations task , You can buy 4x3 decorations that only cost 5000 dollars :)

-- Make sure to build and demolish the Shed decoration that you will obtain from that side task, it will give you 2.5M Dollars ( Which must be spent carefully , depending on how you play ) I prefer to play without decorations / happiness ( but its a choice )

-- Then you will want to use most of the space/room as much as possible , Ideally with a bunch of large fields / house *1  ( See below for House topic ) , Ideally, you will probably want a couple of large fields , they are fairly needed in the beginning , i'd go between 8 to 15 , they will also be great, for use of sunflowers during the XP tractor 

-- Now, your priority is to start working on obtaining Toolboxes , Your goal will be 15 , to build XP tractor and be able to start it at 300% Experience for the next hour , but if u are not gonna have a lot of time or energy to work on it, you can also do it at 200% , but its not as good , Once you have enough Toolboxes and your tractor is built, Dont start it right away , there is a better time to start it :)

-- There is no rush to burst Experience, So dont be afraid to do and turn the daily tasks before level 21 :)) As it gives extra tokens , You will probably want to start the tractor near the end of your play time :))

-- Now is the important part to use your money wisely , You will want to complete the side task in a somewhat specific order , Upgrade a field to level 9 , Then upgrade a Chicken Coop to level 9 , Then Upgrade a normal house to 8, Then Upgrade Barn to level 6 , Then An Orchard to level 9 ( Ideally a Cherry one , but you can do an apple too ) Then Spin/Use all the tokens you obtained/gained as you did them, it should reward almost as much money as it did cost :))

Do not bother with the Windmill/Silo/Composter side task, until you are making way more dollars , And the Tractor side task is a difficult one if u dont have a lot of time to play/work on Toolboxes , You can work on the barn task to level 8 whenever you have extra money too :))

--Buy handbooks as your need them , depending on your playstyle , but you will want all the important handbooks level 1 :))
You will want to keep a decent chunk of your funds, to buy extra land to complete a few more land tasks, whenever you will start your XP tractor ,

-- At the end of your day , when you are ready to start your XP tractor for the first time, ( Ideally at 300% ) , You have to Complete / Turn all the side tasks and Daily tasks that you would have saved for that moment , Near the end of it, Plant Sunflowers in all yours fields , If u were lucky enough to get Seaweed humus , Use it with Sunflowers in your field level 9 :))

That part should normally make you reach level over 50, with practice, you can reach over 60 , with good timing :))

--Now as for playstyle , its truely a matter of preference , I have seen many different ways to play
If you can spend a lot of time on the dream world, Candy chickens are very good for dung :)) if u can take care of them
Also, Going for variety is never a bad thing 

-- Contracts , A very important thing about them, Is that you have to decline/cycle them a lot, You are looking for contracts that wont be too hard to complete , Usually try to avoid contracts with Corn , If you use variety of items on your farm, sometimes, u will get very easy contracts that asks you things you already have , The more you progress the bonus the more it will ask ressources, but its really good to decline, as it will ask you less :) , Do not be afraid to buy Missing products , like Cabbage and Pigs ( If you have the money ) , You can also be picky, and really look for specific rewards

-- Money making , Personally i really love to use multiple cherry orchards with Quick Fertilizer and Handbook , 1 normal cherry orchard to level 9, and then Coop cherry orchard upgraded to level 2 with Moons :)

*1 : Houses : There seems to be 2 type of strategies for the houses 
-You can either use Manors/Grand Houses and upgrade them with Copper moons, it will save you some dollars
-You can either use normal houses that you will want to upgrade them as you go , Like setting multiple houses level 2 ( as upgrading those houses can cost a few dollars )

That is pretty much my resume of the basics for now :))

There seems to be multiple different ways to play , if u have any trick/tips/info to add , Dont hesitate :))

Hope it helps! Happy Dreaming! <3

Comments

• micky mouse (INT1)micky mouse (INT1) INT1 Posts: 107
    Thank you very much for the time and effort you spent on this @Exxy (INT1) Can't wait to try all of this next time DW come.
  • CBlack (US1)CBlack (US1) US1 Posts: 12
    I have completed all the tasks for the diamonds as listed but the diamonds are not showing up  on my earned list. Are they only counted and added at the end?
  • Good question, we will investigate 
  • @CBlack (US1)

What does it show in that window ? 

• xebeck (US1)xebeck (US1) US1 Posts: 1
    What are copper moons used for? I keep accumulating them, but as far as I can tell, they have no purpose. You can't buy or upgrade anything with them. 

How do you get the experience tractor? I've been playing almost two weeks and have only 2 tool boxes, so I can't build it. It takes 5 to get a tractor. 

xebeck
  • There are buildings that you can buy with copper moons and once you have bought one the building you'll need more copper moons to upgrade it.

I hope the screenshot helps you find them

• Daisy53 (US1)Daisy53 (US1) US1 Posts: 14
    Three times now I have completed the task for extra diamonds (6,500 twice and 8000 once) none of these have ever showed up in my payout.  I only received what I have earned through working the farm and preforming normal daily task.  Why am I not seeing these diamonds?  Do I have to pay gold to unlock more diamond task before those I can see are counted?
  • @Daisy53 (US1)

Sadly, The extra tasks , requires you to pay the Gold Fee , to actually receive the extra diamonds shown there :(

• plovers barrow (IN1)plovers barrow (IN1) IN1 Posts: 82
    edited 18.07.2020
    Thanks much for this guide, it's very helpful. I have just unlocked my dream farm to get some diamonds! :)
  • I did not get 2M for demolishing the shed. I got less than 50,000.
  • how do you get to start playing dream world on big farm
  • Great Guide.  Thank you!  You refer to the XP Tractor.  Would you please let me know which tractor this is in the garage??  Thanks.  I'm dumb.
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
  • Thank you!

• You say you prefer to play Tessa's Dreamworld without deco/happiness.  Doesn't that affect the bottom line?  Do you suggest this with the regular farms in Big Farm?  (I just demolished my decos on Tessa's farm and feeling a little nervous seeing that the workers are unhappy.  Won't this affect my profits?)
  • I just love the Dream World Guide.  Are there similar guides for the regular Big Farms (MF, GF, FF, etc.)?
    edited 18.08.2020
    I dont think I've done others

I still have to do a complete one for the horses, how to pro it up :)

But, i've been busy lately , and cannot promise any timeframe :(

As for your regular farms , once you have trawlers level 4+ , i think you dont need decoration on either Main and Gourmet farm

But its still not bad to keep decorations on flower farm ( but its probably manageable without deco's as well )
  • Thank you!

• Wait.  Do you mean all of my trawlers should be at level 4+, or just one of them?

Yeah, probably all of them :)

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Wait.  Do you mean all of my trawlers should be at level 4+, or just one of them?

Most defiantly all of them u'll need them!
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    You say you prefer to play Tessa's Dreamworld without deco/happiness.  Doesn't that affect the bottom line?  Do you suggest this with the regular farms in Big Farm?  (I just demolished my decos on Tessa's farm and feeling a little nervous seeing that the workers are unhappy.  Won't this affect my profits?)

In dreamword, personally I prefer to keep workers happy until I have completed all the upgrade side tasks, then I delete all decorations. I'm just able to manage funds better that way. Once those upgrade tasks are complete, I have built up my dream farm enough to be making a decent enough profit to keep it running.
    Keep in mind that any farm cash you have left at the end of the event just disappears. Your XP level is what determines your diamonds, not cash and there's no reason to build up cash reserves like we need on our regular farms.

As for the MF & GF getting rid of decos; once you have your lab(s) built up & are always feeding animals & orchards with blue/premium stuff, I find that's a good time to suggest getting rid of decos and trade happiness for more production items. IMHO, having all trawlers at level 4+ is to give you the income to get there.

ninjahuman, crazybigfarm55 & others posted calculations on a previous post, showing that using premium stuff to feed animals is better without deco happiness - you can find that info here;

does the farm lab cost more to make premium feed then it saves by using it?

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/3358917#Comment_3358917

• ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Using the laboratory greatly reduces the costs of feeding stables and orchards when your happiness is very low. Field or garden production costs are not that much higher when you have no decorations so the main increase in cost is in the processing buildings. The bakery is still profitable even at around -490% happiness and although the other buildings have a large increase in their production costs, you can recover that comfortably from the extra buildings you can fit in place of those decorations. Plus the extra production is quite useful for events. Even in a worst case scenario, you will still earn a profit from using regular feed on the stables with low happiness.

For the flower farm, it is a bit different because it's not possible to produce enough premium honeydew and liquid fertiliser to sustain production on that farm. So you have to use regular honeydew and liquid fertiliser. But apiaries run at a loss at that happiness. So for the flower farm, you won't earn as much without decorations but it can be worth considering if you want to maximise production there for events.

Generally, it is only a good idea to decide to switch to playing without decorations if you have a clear plan of what you would like to have on your farms. I have the main farm and gourmet farm with no decorations and the flower farm with decorations.

• Southerndelite (US1)Southerndelite (US1) US1 Posts: 94
    edited 26.10.2020
    Using the laboratory greatly reduces the costs of feeding stables and orchards when your happiness is very low. Field or garden production costs are not that much higher when you have no decorations so the main increase in cost is in the processing buildings. The bakery is still profitable even at around -490% happiness and although the other buildings have a large increase in their production costs, you can recover that comfortably from the extra buildings you can fit in place of those decorations. Plus the extra production is quite useful for events. Even in a worst case scenario, you will still earn a profit from using regular feed on the stables with low happiness.

For the flower farm, it is a bit different because it's not possible to produce enough premium honeydew and liquid fertiliser to sustain production on that farm. So you have to use regular honeydew and liquid fertiliser. But apiaries run at a loss at that happiness. So for the flower farm, you won't earn as much without decorations but it can be worth considering if you want to maximise production there for events.

Generally, it is only a good idea to decide to switch to playing without decorations if you have a clear plan of what you would like to have on your farms. I have the main farm and gourmet farm with no decorations and the flower farm with decorations.

Thanks for the tips :)   I've started putting all of my new earned decos with high village happiness on my Flower Farm in getting ready to be able to farm without decos on my other 2 farms....still need that village happiness for production
  • kaktusas (INT1)kaktusas (INT1) INT1 Posts: 3
    Hello,

on what level that world opens? thank you
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    Level 30
  • kaktusas (INT1)kaktusas (INT1) INT1 Posts: 3
    I'm on level 30, but event not showing to me. Maybe its because then event started I wasnt on level 30, just today reached it 
    Yes, you do have to be 30 when it starts. You will be able to enter the next Dream World
  • Morti (SKN1)Morti (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 485
    The diamonds here, I only get if I buy a dream pass, correct?
    http://prntscr.com/1037jao

But these, will I get them when the week is over?
    http://prntscr.com/1037lk6

Yes to both but remember the bottom one is a current estimate 

There are some diamonds you earn outright and some are based on your current ranking
    If your ranking changes so will that amount.

Sign In to comment.