Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Constant Rotation of VFs and CCs

Is there anyone else who is burned out by the constant rotation of Village Fairs and Cooperative Championships?  This back to back stuff is just too much.  It leaves no time to breathe let alone time to re-arrange and upgrade farms.  Please give us at least a day between these things!!

Comments

• I think people generally are fed up with CC. Hardly any of my coop take part any more and I've stopped buying gold completely now, especially as I don't bother with incomprehensible horse competition any more. I'm sure the 'top' players who spend a fortune on gold get something out of it, but for the majority of casual players it's just becoming a boring round of same old, same old. Our co-op used to be lively and chatty, but now nobody seems to play. Sad times

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    I just wonder if the rotation of CC/ML > VF/FHWE > CC/ML > VF/FHWE is due to the probability that these are the events that the majority of folks participate in.  Besides that these events are the ones with the best rewards. :))
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    I agree it has become a problem.  

A lot of the fun has been taken out of the game.

Does anybody understand that we need a break. 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    We really do need a break.  All they look at is the gold purchases, not realizing that burned out players have stopped buying gold. Make the game fun again, and they probably would see an increase in gold sales -- but long-term isn't part of their business model.  I wonder if any of the powers that be have any education and experience in marketing and business.
  • My thought is they are "IMPROVING HWE REWARDS"   ie removing GML.  Hence why it has not been seen for a while.   This is only a GUESS and I hope I am wrong, but this seems to be the trend
  • Our coop has gone to competing on a voluntary basis to be able to have time to farm, teach, & upgrade our farms   We took our farms back!   I'm about burnout on the Dream World farms too every other week for just one week.
  • sigh..., all of your comments are being heard. All of you here want a break. Is that the final solution?
    Will GGS BiG Farm be fun again if we just take a break from all Events?
    How long of a break? How about we have a "  Taking a Break " Event  :D
    Please, if you can, offer some possible solutions when you comment concerning issues with the game. <3

• I myself consider VF and CC as rest times.  So all good here, getting well rested....lol
  • Anmarie (HU1)Anmarie (HU1) HU1 Posts: 55
    Same here, I like it just the way it is,
  • didah (SKN1)didah (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 1,246
    I stopped playing, still only log in twice a day to do the coopboat - can't see that will change and I predict I'm on my way outta here and have started playing other games too.

We will *never* get a break now all is 'automated' - this has been what they have been aiming at since the year they merged/sold out.

The big Stillfront, is doing to this game what they have done to the hundreds of other gamesites they have bought these last 5 years.
    'Automated' is the keyword.
  • it seems that ggs can push a button up and down, vf-cc-vf-cc-vf-cc, so much for variety, and keeping game interresting
  • Vanilla (IT1)Vanilla (IT1) IT1 Posts: 214
    solution:
    1 country fair \ month
    insert multiple Hard Worker events (single event) to allow those who play hard to catch their breath

• Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    sigh..., all of your comments are being heard. All of you here want a break. Is that the final solution?
    Please, if you can, offer some possible solutions when you comment concerning issues with the game. <3

The trouble is it's all been said before. So players feel they are being ignored! Ever since CC's started being frequent players have said about the frequency.
    GGS have ignored many requests by players.

One thing GGS could do as a solution is stop being lazy! Rotate the rewards in the events more often as its the rewards that make the event's and makes them worth playing.

So many times a reward is picked up on a CC for example that gives WCC points which is great but pointless when the WCC is'nt running !! 

How long now has the CC been running The Rural skin set as a reward ! that's just for a example 

Lazy lazy lazy and yes if that's harsh then so be it :) 

• Please, if you can, offer some possible solutions when you comment concerning issues with the game. 3

Surely we are people playing, not the inventors of the game. I play it for my down time, to be entertained, not to be involved in the making of it. It's their job to keep us interested surely? If they just keep repeating the same things then of course players are going to get bored. Only 6 of our 44 strong co-op played the last CC and only 4 have played the VF - they are just jaded and have no time to build up resources between challenges. Now they're not doing horse ranch either as too time consuming to gear up for  race  you're only going to lose anyway! 
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    There was a time when there was at least a full day between events. Rarely did we have 2 vents over lap or run at the same time. The odd exceptions where like a weekly was going & help the sick pig would show up during the run. Those weren't bad.
    Agree the rewards taken away from most of the group events & running them back to back make for no fun
     Maybe 3 full days in between the group events & change up the rewards to start with - see how it goes.
  • funki (US1)funki (US1) US1 Posts: 75
    Why not run every event all the time
  • A day or two off between events ended with the Farmer's League.  And then combining the Village Fair and the FHWE events allowed them to run the CC more often.  I'm not sure why those needed to be combined.  CC, HWE, VF, CHWE and FHWE gives them 5 major events to run.  Why not have those run in a rotation?  That's up to 20 days before an event is repeated.  And it's easier to opt out of a HWE then a coop event, giving those that need a break the chance to rest for a few days.

And I agree, having the same prizes event after event is not very creative.  I used to have enough sherwood trees to create my own forest and now I have more pigs in a cup than one person needs.
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 12.08.2020
    until the players out there who spend a tonne of gold for rewards they don't want, stop spending gold on CC we will see no change, I love the idea of the 5 major events rotating for FL, with equal time for all these events, in fact I suggested when FL started ( but ignored then as well), or even throw in a 6th PP.  But until somebody wakes up the players who just HAVE to spend gold on CC, we can only dream
  • visboer (NL1)visboer (NL1) NL1 Posts: 39
    go back to calendar everybody knows what's next 1 or 2 rest between events so you can build on your farm
  • 12EB23 (INT1)12EB23 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 417
    some new events will be welcomed. mabe specific events for GF and FF separatly. a day or 2 of break from event to event. the division of VF from FHWE. and make them run in fiferent times. include again CHWE ,make PP as an event that counts for FL too and run it separatly from other events. that will do to fill the months and make the CC run at least once per month
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    sigh..., all of your comments are being heard. All of you here want a break. Is that the final solution?

Yes the constant run of CC's and VF's are becoming a bore but in my opinion its not so much the events themselves.....its the rewards on offer. How many friendship meadows do we really need? How many of the same boring rustic appearances do we need? CHANGE the rewards and if thats not something that you are willing to do give us a farm dollar option,,,, eg: Friendship meadow OR 10 million farm dollars........surely thats not rocket science?
  • sigh..., all of your comments are being heard. All of you here want a break. Is that the final solution?

A possible solution is 24 Go! For 24 hours between the main games we build and harvest and reset our farms at our pace. The object would be to get the most XPs as we can and the reward would be to level up as many levels as possible doing so. For kicks, you could double our XPs or run double time on the clock. Shoot, I'll bet they'd even throw gold at it if they got diamonds for their rankings.
  • sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 193

Yes the constant run of CC's and VF's are becoming a bore but in my opinion its not so much the events themselves.....its the rewards on offer. How many friendship meadows do we really need? How many of the same boring rustic appearances do we need? CHANGE the rewards and if thats not something that you are willing to do give us a farm dollar option,,,, eg: Friendship meadow OR 10 million farm dollars........surely thats not rocket science?
    As usual Gizmo has hit the nail on the head.  These events being repeated over and over with the same rewards are just plain boring and in my opinion very lazy programming.
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    It takes me days, sometimes as much as a week to upgrade anything.
    With the constant events, it's hard to figure out which things I won't need for that time.
    (I don't mind upgrading during the individual events, but want them available during the co-op ones.)
    -
    I really would like to buy gold again, but not until it stops being such a slog.
    How about an entire day each week with NO co-op event at all, to give us time to take a breath, make special seeds and upgrade?
  • danial7 (GB1)danial7 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 39
    i used 2 love vf now you have ruined it we need diffrent events to put the fun back
  • sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 193
    We also think that most of the events go far too long, especially the Village Fair.  These events may not be so tedious if they were shorter with a days break in between.
  • rsny (US1)rsny (US1) US1 Posts: 2,294
    As is well known.  Nobody listens to us.

The 2 events that used to be fun, the Co-op championship and the Village fair have become to put it mildly an event that few of our members are looking forward to.

Less than 25% of the  members even bother to compete.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    Our coop does enjoy the events, but sure would enjoy a 1 day break between the events, that way we can prepare ourselves.  It would also be great if these events would start at 4 a.m. (Pacific Time) for the US1 server.  I would appreciate it anyway.  I am always in bed at the midnight hour so always start these events way behind the "power-curve".
  • daisymae7 (US1)daisymae7 (US1) US1 Posts: 24
    You asked for a solution-- I did give a solution.  Please give us a day in between these events.  And I agree with the others that adding some different rewards would provide more incentive.  This last VF ran for 5 days, which is a long time to go full speed without running very low on special seeds, humus, fertilizer, etc.  And now there are no GMLs for possible rewards for the VF.  The other solution I see here is to stop overlapping things.  Why not go back to putting the Fishing HWE as it's own event, instead of being tied to the VF?  The reason GGS is rotating the CCs and VFs so close together is by having them repeat so often I suspect people are buying more gold to make up for having to use so much humus etc to "speed" crops.  
  • 24K Mayhem (US1)24K Mayhem (US1) US1 Posts: 494
     Seems GGS is using their repeat button. I do enjoy the current events, but in moderation. Like DaisyMae7 said, a day in between events occasionally would be awesome as well as better prizes added. New events would be a great thing also!!

:-)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file