Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

how to welcome new farmer?

I try to welcome all new farmers to co-op, but sometimes it's impossible because their name/gamer user name is in a language that is not supported by my keyboard; also, I don't recognize the language so can't use translator to send them a personal message.  My question is :  what can I do?  I've sent chatline message asking what language is it, but sometimes I get no answer.  So again...what can be done?  Thanks to anyone who can help.

Best Answers

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 07.08.2020 Answer ✓
    I try to welcome all new farmers to co-op, but sometimes it's impossible because their name/gamer user name is in a language that is not supported by my keyboard; also, I don't recognize the language so can't use translator to send them a personal message.  My question is :  what can I do?  I've sent chatline message asking what language is it, but sometimes I get no answer.  So again...what can be done?  Thanks to anyone who can help.

Perhaps you can take a screenshot of the language and post it here on the Forum.  Maybe someone will be able to recognize what language it is in, Then you can change the Language Preferences on your computer to see if include that particular language.  My computer allows for tons of different languages.  Just a thought!  o:)
  • Alaa Ali 1 (INT1)Alaa Ali 1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,188
    You can detect any language then translate it by using google translate.  :)

Copy and paste the message here to detect language, then you will be able to translate.

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Answer ✓
    I have had some success potting the names of their farms into Google translate when their actual player name didn't work.

Answers

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464

Perhaps you can take a screenshot of the language and post it here on the Forum.  Maybe someone will be able to recognize what language it is in, Then you can change the Language Preferences on your computer to see if include that particular language.  My computer allows for tons of different languages.  Just a thought!  o:)
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Answer ✓
    I have had some success potting the names of their farms into Google translate when their actual player name didn't work.
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    Like Uncle John stated above, I've always faced the issue of names being translated to a different meaning, so it's always good to exclude names from translation and manually type that in.

Best Wishes,
    Bugs Bunny

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file