Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Horse competition and equipment is a joke!!!

157»

Comments

• Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    If u think ur horse is strong, then so be it

• GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    You are not alone, Dark Underworld.
    Still VERY few people challenging me, so even though I'm usually in gold by this point... (and usually end in platinum) Yep - Still bronze.  

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Normally by now I have reached Diamond level.  I am in platinum now, but still need 20 wins (as long as I have no losses) and then another 50 wins to get to diamond.  In total I need at least another 70 wins if I am going to make diamond this time, after always making diamond every time with weeks to spare.  This new horse ranch is a total fail.  If my horse is struggling what chance do others have?
    But isn't that the whole point of the changes. You and me and a whole lot of others were completing the event in 2 weeks of the 5. They've upped the difficulty a bit so it's more of a challenge. We'll all finish a little lower than we did (or take a little longer in our case) If this game wasn't challenging I wouldn't play it (I could stick to tic-tac-toe)
    The complete change in the arithmetic is much more of a problem. I have a horse that was pure meadow bred. There were only 2 horses on our server that could beat him racing. Now he's stuck at about 42% rushing. Can't go higher without ranch effects and if I ranch breed him he will instantly lose 50% of his meadow effects.   :¬((
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 31.07.2020
    no the whole idea of this update is so they give out way less gold and GML as players can't get to the same level as they use to.  If this was not the point of the change then the gold rewards should have gone down at least 1 level lower. ie 3 GML for reaching Diamond,  2 GML for getting to platinum., 1 GML for reaching gold. 

The ONLY reason for this change is another way to reduce gold we can earn, which is ok for the players who buy gold, they don't care about a measly 2k of gold, but for us non gold buyers that is a lot of gold.

edit:  there is a 2nd reason sorry, to try to get us to spend more gold on buying fuel and improving our horses.  It was ALL about GOLD full-stop,

they would never had made these changes if they did not think they would get more gold sales from it and give away a lot less gold

GREED, GREED, GREED, GREED, GREED, GREED, GREED, GREED, GREED, GREED, GREED, GREED, GREED, GREED, GREED, GREED, GREED, GREED, GREED, GREED, GREED

Yes, you're probably right @Dark Underworld (AU1)      :¬(
  • no the whole idea of this update is so they give out way less gold and GML as players can't get to the same level as they use to.  If this was not the point of the change then the gold rewards should have gone down at least 1 level lower. ie 3 GML for reaching Diamond,  2 GML for getting to platinum., 1 GML for reaching gold. 

The ONLY reason for this change is another way to reduce gold we can earn, which is ok for the players who buy gold, they don't care about a measly 2k of gold, but for us non gold buyers that is a lot of gold.

edit:  there is a 2nd reason sorry, to try to get us to spend more gold on buying fuel and improving our horses.  It was ALL about GOLD full-stop,

they would never had made these changes if they did not think they would get more gold sales from it and give away a lot less gold

GREED, GREED, GREED, GREED, GREED, GREED, GREED, GREED, GREED, GREED, GREED, GREED, GREED, GREED, GREED, GREED, GREED, GREED, GREED, GREED, GREED

Maybe you are right, maybe you're not, either way, you complaining about it endlessly is not going to do anything.

What do you want them to do, destroy the horse ranch?, change it?, because you're in luck, they already announced they're going to do some changes, if you want to complain more, at least wait until after they change it.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    "They've upped the difficulty a bit so it's more of a challenge. We'll all finish a little lower than we did" 
    "A bit more of a challenge" we could handle." "We'll all finish a little lower" .. a little lower, not a problem. 
    But they've wrecked a very popular part of the game for many of us.

Over the years, as this "relaxed farming game" became more and more cut throat and endless competition, the Horse Tournament was a tiny oasis of calm and rewarding relaxation. A simple place to have a little fun while everything else was being thrown at us non stop.  Now it just adds to the frustration and chaos.  (And all the clutter of the flags and auto production is not helping.)
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    Somehow I know there must be some formula for proper use of the equipment on the horse races, but I just have not figured it out.  Perhaps someone reading this thread can clue me in.  I get my % numbers for rushing up above 45% - 50% and still lose against a horse that is lower level than mine.  Oh I do know that the higher the horse's level is, the faster the starting time is so I would understand why a 160+ level horse might win over mine that is only Level 120 (with the correct breeding and meadow attributes), but not to lose to one that is level 89.  Well, my head has trouble wrapping around the numbers. So I definitely am not the one to give out advise pertaining to the Horse Ranch.  Maybe one of these years the "light-bulb" in my head will click on and I will cry out "Eureka".  I promise at that time I will share my findings.   :Do:)
    @FarmerCli (US1)
    The "Competitor Level" and defensive equipment mean that if we challenged a horse identical to ourselves we would probably lose.  (It also means that if they challenged us, they would probably lose)
    My horses are around the 160 mark. I very rarely beat anything over 130 so I don't waste equipment on them. i use it on horses from 100 to 130 and it helps me win most of the time. below 100 I reckon I can win without it.
    Also bear in mind random chance is at work. You may have a 50% chance of rushing but now and then you will balk at every fence and lose to a 3 legged donkey. (Equally you may rush every fence and beat your server champion lol)
  • I refuse to spend 20,000 gold to open equipment slot every new season. So GGS  is saving me money because I won't have to spend gold on the temp farms to fill up the boat for horse shoes as I will no longer be worrying about training my horses. So thanks GGS won't be using as much gold now and will save money.
    edited 08.08.2020
    The problem is that there is no way to know if the opponent's horse is "identical" because we are not privy to that info.  We have no way of knowing the meadow attributes that may be factors in whether I win or lose.  I do figure that I will basically lose all races with or without equipment.  I am not sure but it seems that any unchallenged "win" is not being figured into the Notice Board overview standing whereas the unchallenged losses are.  Right now I am ranked 17th place Silver League with no hope of ever attaining gold.  Note: I used to achieve Platinum all the time nearing the Diamond.  I think I need a miracle horse, which won't ever happen. I mostly get horses in my line up that are leveled well above mine and only very very occasionally get a horse that is leveled lower than mine.  I open the transporter truck only to find a line up of horses leveled 200+ so I need to lose to them to get additional horses in the line up and yup, I mostly get horses that are still 30 to 40 levels above mine. So I am guaranteed to lose. Like I say, I need a miracle horse. Yes, this horse racing thing does depress me. It is no fun to feel that I am in a "no win" situation. ~sigh~ It is not the end of the world.  :Do:)

Oh yes and shall go on? I have a very long list of Platinum trophies that date back to 2017 all the way through the season just before the new Horse Ranch began.  It was nice that all those additional trophy stands were given to us so we could display our trophies and I used to have as many of my favorite Platinum trophies displayed there, but I took them all down because it was just too depressing for me to see what it used to be like and now how unreachable it is now.  It is just too bad that this horse league couldn't be set up like the Fishing Hard working event in that folks were grouped by fishing levels.  There seem to be a ton of 185-200+ level horses that could be in a horse league of there own and then another group of horses leveled 165-184 in another group, then another group of Level 135 - 163 and the another group at levels 101-134, then the final group levels 0 to 100. But then I suppose that would be giving away too many prizes.  One can only dream! :)
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
    @FarmerCli (US1)
    i play on a smaller server than you so things are a bit different but I think you should take heart. I see the "leagues" as just one long ladder, we all start out on the bottom few rungs and the better horses climb faster so by now we are all spread out with best horses at the top approaching diamond and worst horses still down in bronze. As I understand it, we are offered horses from above and below us on the ladder which means that your horse is better than 50% of the horses that you see. They may be level 200, which means they are quicker than you over the fences, but with 45-50% chance of rushing, you have a superb horse that is holding its own against them. Hang in there, level your horse up and you have a real world beater.
    The new arithmetic means that having more than 1 out of 3 of Racing, Jumping and Dressage effects (either ranch or meadow) is bad news. There are a lot of high level horses that were bred to be all-rounders in the old arrangement that now have very poor rushing chances. (I am actually going to have to down grade one of my top horses to get rid of some of its effects so that I can then start again with it  :( )

@FarmerCli (US1)
    i play on a smaller server than you so things are a bit different but I think you should take heart. I see the "leagues" as just one long ladder, we all start out on the bottom few rungs and the better horses climb faster so by now we are all spread out with best horses at the top approaching diamond and worst horses still down in bronze. As I understand it, we are offered horses from above and below us on the ladder which means that your horse is better than 50% of the horses that you see. They may be level 200, which means they are quicker than you over the fences, but with 45-50% chance of rushing, you have a superb horse that is holding its own against them. Hang in there, level your horse up and you have a real world beater.
    The new arithmetic means that having more than 1 out of 3 of Racing, Jumping and Dressage effects (either ranch or meadow) is bad news. There are a lot of high level horses that were bred to be all-rounders in the old arrangement that now have very poor rushing chances. (I am actually going to have to down grade one of my top horses to get rid of some of its effects so that I can then start again with it  :( )

So, I am wondering now just how useful is the Meadow?  Maybe I should just consider "sidelining" it and letting the Horse Meadow just be pretty decoration for the Village?  :)
    So, I am wondering now just how useful is the Meadow?  Maybe I should just consider "sidelining" it and letting the Horse Meadow just be pretty decoration for the Village?  :)
    Everso useful  :¬)
    My horses lead me to believe that the meadow effects increase rushing % separately from the ranch effects so the perfect Showjumper needs Strength, Agility and Endurance from both the Meadow and the Ranch and also needs Jumping from both places too (but no Dressage and no Racing from either)
    My horses lead me to believe that the meadow effects increase rushing % separately from the ranch effects so the perfect Showjumper needs Strength, Agility and Endurance from both the Meadow and the Ranch and also needs Jumping from both places too (but no Dressage and no Racing from either)
    What is your "perfect Showjumper's" numbers of Strength training/endurance training/agility training? (i.e. +5 Strength training/+5 endurance training/+5 agility training) from the Meadow?  Do they need to be equal?
  • DebRN (US1)DebRN (US1) US1 Posts: 697
    So what do we do if no one in our small coop understands anything about the previous or current horse ranch?  There is no one that has ever explored the meadow and has no interest in it now that it's so complicated? Are we doomed? I would have tried to get 1 person to try out the meadow with me before, but now, I really don't understand any of it and the meadow seems pointless when you don't know what you are trying to achieve.
    So what do we do if no one in our small coop understands anything about the previous or current horse ranch?  There is no one that has ever explored the meadow and has no interest in it now that it's so complicated? Are we doomed? I would have tried to get 1 person to try out the meadow with me before, but now, I really don't understand any of it and the meadow seems pointless when you don't know what you are trying to achieve.
    Yes I know some folks feel that way and so don't bother with the horse ranch and that is okay you can farm as you please and be happy.  It's just folks like me who are truly wanting to figure it all out even if we cry and pull out all of our hair in the process!   :D
    What is your "perfect Showjumper's" numbers of Strength training/endurance training/agility training? (i.e. +5 Strength training/+5 endurance training/+5 agility training) from the Meadow?  Do they need to be equal?
    The simple answer to that is "I don't know"  :(   Yet  :) 
    These are the horses that "lead me to believe" what I said
    I have one horse that has never seen the Ranch, bought it and ran it round the Meadow for 9 months.
    Meadow effects are 105, 120 and 125. 
    Rushing % is 40.3, 40.3 and 40.3
    So the usual BF diminishing returns applies and anything over 100 is a waste of time (and that number may be much lower)
    My other top horse has much lower meadow numbers than this but has got Ranch effects and rushes 48%

• CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    The team at the German Goodgame BigFarm Wiki Site have kindly shared their Horse Ranch information with me. I have taken all this information and translated it to English and grabbed some screenshots from my own Ranch for you all.
    This is after all a game where we all help each other :)

Here are my latest updates
    What's New on the Ranch 2020
    Horse Equipment
    Dairy
  • muggle1 (GB1)muggle1 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 124
    edited 08.08.2020
    My horse has never seen a meadow and has not got that many breeding effects, and the effects are evenly spread amongst the skills, and he has a low percentage of maybe 20% win when I challenge, but is only really beaten by much better horses when they challenge me, and sometimes not even then, the random thing comes into play too I guess.  I literally only lose 2 or 3 times a day when challenged.  One poor chap with a super horse who always does well in all the big farm events has lost when challenging me quite a few times in a row.  Seems really odd, because my horse is a bit rubbish tbh.  

I win more when I add equipment.  All gold equipment mostly wins, but I can't make that much, the metals and mines are the hold ups that take too long without using gold.  I favour a leg wrap, maybe that cancels out one of the neg breeding effects so has better chance.  No idea, I am guessing.  Because I also found that I seem to do much better if I put my left sock on first and do a horse ranch dance on my front lawn at midnight wearing a full jockey outfit.  
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    The team at the German Goodgame BigFarm Wiki Site have kindly shared their Horse Ranch information with me. I have taken all this information and translated it to English and grabbed some screenshots from my own Ranch for you all.
    This is after all a game where we all help each other :)

Here are my latest updates
    What's New on the Ranch 2020
    Horse Equipment
    Dairy
    That's great to hear.

Thank you for that, and I'd like to thank the german mod team for running such an awesome wiki which is very useful.

Best Wishes,
    Bugs Bunny
  • Lnwolf (US1)Lnwolf (US1) US1 Posts: 20
    edited 10.08.2020
    I finally found the balance to my non equip horses.  As long as my level 140 BQ-5 horse competes against level 65 or lower I win most of the time.  Above level 70 I am back to 5% wins. I was platinum since 2015 but now happy to hit silver as of yesterday. 
    Just go with it and try not to care and dont think about the 1000's of gold you spent improving your horses and years of work leveling. Now that I do not care I have saved, so far, close to 100k gold being bought for myself and around 50k each for my kids farms for horse competition and temp farms.
    Post edited by Lnwolf (US1) on
  • sirbobby (GB1)sirbobby (GB1) GB1 Posts: 24
    @FarmerCli (US1)
    The "Competitor Level" and defensive equipment mean that if we challenged a horse identical to ourselves we would probably lose.  (It also means that if they challenged us, they would probably lose)
    My horses are around the 160 mark. I very rarely beat anything over 130 so I don't waste equipment on them. i use it on horses from 100 to 130 and it helps me win most of the time. below 100 I reckon I can win without it.
    Also bear in mind random chance is at work. You may have a 50% chance of rushing but now and then you will balk at every fence and lose to a 3 legged donkey. (Equally you may rush every fence and beat your server champion lol)
    I've developed exactly the same approach and found the same results, albeit scaled down for my lvl 100 horse. I get 2 or 3 wins per day, which is pretty pathetic from where I was, but at least I get something from minimal effort - minimal effort is sadly important to me now as I don't get any great enjoyment out of the horse ranch any more.  
  • I have complained numerous times about the fairness of the horse races... You lose 95 percent of the time now and every time someone challenges you and you lose they take points away.. You don't stand a change of being able to move up anymore no matter how high your horse is...  I sent message to them recommending that they could put levels in Categories.. Example level 50-75,  75-100, 100-125 and so forth and to stop taking points away just because you lose a race when someone challenges you.. Hard enough to get points already and then taken away is just not right.. They are very stubborn about listening to players.. They are not very good when it comes to fairness.. I had a incident where I was buying the daily gold and they had made an error on the last day of the gold and it was twice as much as they intended so they went in and fixed their error... In the meantime I was on my 4th day of the daily gold and I went in to collect and it was not listed in BFsale.. I sent a message and you know it takes them at least 2 to 3 days to get back to you... I checked everyday to see if it had been added and it never was.. Then they tell me it is in there, I go back and it is not in there.. I gave up for a day or so but I still kept checking.. When I finally starting playing around with the screen making it go down to 80 percent instead of 100 percent which is normal screen size... I see a box barely showing on the bottom of the list of items and I click on it and it is the daily gold bundle... I again send a message to them and send them a pic of screen in normal mode ... They can see that it is not there.. But they have the nerve to tell me that since I did not complete the 7 days they could not compensate me.. HELLO! Of course not , I did not see it and could not see it if it was really even there at the time..When I started the bundle the last days bundle was 64000 gold and when they realized that it was supposed to be 32000 they went in and changed it and that is when I lost the rest of my gold plus the 64000.. It was their mistake , not mine.. It was them that did not make the screen so you could scroll down to see it and they will not compensate me the extra 32000 gold that I should have gotten after I started over and completed it... I am still angry with them and really what I want to do is stop playing their game but I like to play it so have been continuing playing .. But I will not ever start another one of their games , even Big Story.. I will not play it or any game if it has their Goodgame name on it.. They were wrong and would admit it but would not compensate or do anything for me for this...  And some were very rude also saying I already told you what happened and we can't compensate you... What a way to run a business!
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Sorry to hear @Moonlightskies (US1) some thing even they/GGS can not control & then their blatant disregard for their customer's. Guess you'll be joining the extra long list of farmer's that will not spend any more here :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file